AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 01:20   Link #421
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulofSomfing View Post
@SOGESNAKE

so you had the exact same problem as me if you used the home button but it didnt affect the voice thingy outside of dungeon? Gonna have to restart my game or the console to test.
Don't use the SOS system all-together then. It's entirely unnecessary along with the Vox Populi function. Especially in a JRPG game where the major focus is on a single player experience and telling a story.
Old 2012-12-14, 01:49   Link #422
SoulofSomfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Don't use the SOS system all-together then. It's entirely unnecessary along with the Vox Populi function. Especially in a JRPG game where the major focus is on a single player experience and telling a story.
Well i wanted to try all of the new functions this version has to offer and this one was one of the ones i was looking forward to.

Tried it again after reseting my console for once and nop still no avail. Only Vox Populi function works. Sigh...o well, no multi dimensional help from other selfs then... sadness T.T

EDIT: wait as sec suddently it works... What the hell... o well i got a feeling its not gonna work anymore somhow after i leave the dungeon, might as well use it as much as i can. Just suddently worked after posting this was so random
Old 2012-12-14, 01:52   Link #423
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
EDIT: wait as sec suddently it works... What the hell... o well i got a feeling its not gonna work anymore somhow after i leave the dungeon, might as well use it as much as i can. Just suddently worked after posting this was so random

Well, if it doesn't work the first time, it apparantly switches to Offline Mode. So you'd have to either go into Settings and change it during, or reset the game. Just realized this~
Old 2012-12-14, 02:06   Link #424
SoulofSomfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, if it doesn't work the first time, it apparantly switches to Offline Mode. So you'd have to either go into Settings and change it during, or reset the game. Just realized this~
Already tried changing it in settings during dungeons since yesterday and it didnt sign in. only outside. But now it works after 5 tries or so or instantly trying to turn it on just when i resume the game.
Old 2012-12-14, 02:07   Link #425
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Well i wanted to try all of the new functions this version has to offer and this one was one of the ones i was looking forward to.
If I may ask whyyyyyyyyyyy?

I know Japan has some fetish for socializing functions in handheld games, but this is a JRPG, what purposeful function does the SOS system possibly contribute with things like Very Easy difficulty and guides you can look up online?
Old 2012-12-14, 02:21   Link #426
SoulofSomfing

Quote:
If I may ask whyyyyyyyyyyy?

I know Japan has some fetish for socializing functions in handheld games, but this is a JRPG, what purposeful function does the SOS system possibly contribute with things like Very Easy difficulty and guides you can look up online?
Why not, its a new feature and i want to try it out. I know its a tiny thing but i just want to try out what the new version has to offer, that too much to ask?
Old 2012-12-14, 07:05   Link #427
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I think it's the fact that something so minor was ONE OF THE THINGS you were looking forward to threw him off.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:34   Link #428
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For the ones who don't know it here it is the Accomplice ending in English; A new bad ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPTc91Ff0gE

On a sidenote, the player gets a bad ending in late December as the fog turns others into Shadows, yet in none of the other bad endings something happen to Inaba. The time skips to March. Any idea?

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2012-12-14 at 20:46.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 12:51   Link #429
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Does anyone know if there are skipped days if you finish Magatsu Inaba early? I'm trying for a first run all social links run, so I want to pick the day I go to that dungeon carefully.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:55   Link #430
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Does anyone know if there are skipped days if you finish Magatsu Inaba early? I'm trying for a first run all social links run, so I want to pick the day I go to that dungeon carefully.
Yep, whenever you finish Magatsu Inaba it'll skip straight to Christmas just like in the PS2 version.

Just be aware though you can't work on party member social links during the December month because all they do is urge you to go into the TV.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:55   Link #431
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it skips pretty much to Christmas after you beat the dungeon. So usually if you are going for as many social links as possible it's best to wait to clear the dungeon until the 22nd.
Old 2012-12-15, 14:11   Link #432
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Thanks, both of you. Though I do remember that Sundays are party member days too, so that can help for anyone else's planning.
Old 2012-12-15, 17:14   Link #433
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Do the extra social link stages for the party members (the ones after Adachi's defeat which triggers new evolved Personas) require other days or is it automatic?
Old 2012-12-15, 17:20   Link #434
JohnNiles

They use up time, just like the regular rankups.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:50   Link #435
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Just be aware though you can't work on party member social links during the December month because all they do is urge you to go into the TV.
Actually, characters like Kanji, Rise, and Naoto can be done in December now too. Though... your earlier party members are still the same~
Old 2012-12-16, 09:13   Link #436
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think I'll get a vita next tuesday with this game (if everything goes well).. tell me, does the difficulty matter when trying to get the trophy? I think I want to take it easy for a while and then go through higher difficulty later.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 10:42   Link #437
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I think I'll get a vita next tuesday with this game (if everything goes well).. tell me, does the difficulty matter when trying to get the trophy? I think I want to take it easy for a while and then go through higher difficulty later.
I'm pretty sure you can take it easy and still get the trophies. At least I don't recall any trophies requiring you to beat the game under a specific difficulty. So think it's alright to take it easy through the first run and then you can upgrade the difficulty under the new game plus.
Old 2012-12-16, 13:38   Link #438
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I don't need any specifics, but are there any storyline consequences for setting romance flags with both Marie and someone else? I was planning on doing Marie's full story either way, but now I'm curious if I can see any of my teammates' romance stories on the same play-through without breaking any hearts

I'm not, of course, sufficiently suicidal to try to make the whole investigation team into a harem. There aren't enough athletic cups in the world...
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 14:54   Link #439
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Yup, you don't have to play anything higher than Very Easy to get all the trophies in the game. If it weren't for some of these trophies.... it'd be an easy platinum~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I don't need any specifics, but are there any storyline consequences for setting romance flags with both Marie and someone else? I was planning on doing Marie's full story either way, but now I'm curious if I can see any of my teammates' romance stories on the same play-through without breaking any hearts

I'm not, of course, sufficiently suicidal to try to make the whole investigation team into a harem. There aren't enough athletic cups in the world...

Yeah, Marie can be romanced on the side. Saaaaay, you date Chie.... you can go out with Marie and not have her destroy you on Valentine's Day~
Old 2012-12-16, 14:56   Link #440
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post

As far as I know there are not gameplay implications for making everybody your girlfriends. There are only comical changes that seem taken from the anime series: if all the girls want to give the protagonist their chocolate in St. Valentine Yosuke will go something like "How the hell are you a chick magnet?!"