AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-08, 21:28   Link #201
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Apparently this series isn't in very high demand because I can't find it anywhere.

I've really wanted to see this series, if only because the characters at least remind me a little of Shuffle and I need a "Shuffle fix." >_>

And plus it's romance and I'm a romance sucker, for some unknown and probably disturbing reason.

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 22:07   Link #202
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Apparently this series isn't in very high demand because I can't find it anywhere.

I've really wanted to see this series, if only because the characters at least remind me a little of Shuffle and I need a "Shuffle fix." >_>

And plus it's romance and I'm a romance sucker, for some unknown and probably disturbing reason.

Hoo-ah!
I thought it was romance too, but alot of people who have watched lovely idol says that there is very little romance (if any to this show) I've only watched about 4 eps and i have to say, i'm not seeing any hint of romance....
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 22:08   Link #203
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I thought it was romance too, but alot of people who have watched lovely idol says that there is very little romance (if any to this show) I've only watched about 4 eps and i have to say, i'm not seeing any hint of romance....
Oh.... >_>

Well then...

Either way, I wanna see it. It still looks cool.

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:51   Link #204
Gains
Rain lover

Finished all episodes and I can say that I like it (or I need to be hit on the head )

Well somehow it got almost no romance going on whatsoever other than the first and second batch girls are almost all somehow interested in Tomohiro.

Episode 13 is insane. Man, so much boobs there....

Subs are kinda stalled at the moment but we're working on it. Some parts remaining and the DVD special has nine (!) songs (six partial character songs, one third batch song, the OP and ED) so it might take a while.
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:56   Link #205
suguru
京都 ikitai~

It's true there isn't much of a romance element to the plot (which I'd like to see more of too), although it seems pretty clear to me there's some chemistry there between Mizuki and the manager (the ED credits strongly suggest the same). Lovely Idol won't win any awards for being the greatest anime ever, but somehow it's managed to keep me watching anyway. I think the main reason it pulled me in is Mizuki
Spoiler for ep 2 or 3?:

IMHO, this has gotten better the last couple episodes--as of episode 10 (the last ep that's been subbed) it's gotten into a more serious part of the story dealing with why Mizuki's singing and her family, and I'm looking forward to seeing where they're going with this. Thanks to WinD for taking the time to sub this.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains
Subs are kinda stalled at the moment but we're working on it. Some parts remaining and the DVD special has nine (!) songs (six partial character songs, one third batch song, the OP and ED) so it might take a while.
Great news I'm just glad you guys are subbing this at all, thanks for all your work on it. Looking forward to the songs on the special too, I'm a sucker for J-pop/anime music (I'm actually listening to "Love Love Love no Sei na no yo" right now, as fate would have it...)
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 23:32   Link #206
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Idiots, no one's even discussing about the ending? Ya sadden me. Well "Lovely Idol" has ended and lets summarize it ^_^. Of course like any musical anime, I love them all, whether it's about Idols or what not. Though episode 12 seem to have ended abruptly, I would've wished for more. Their dreams of making to their Debut was accomplished, but it left with questions, of course.

I love the cutesy artwork too, done by yours truly, of course.

I DEMAND A SECOND SEASON!!!

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 00:17   Link #207
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I liked the ending, although I was surprised they only sang the one song in the debut, I was expecting half the last episode was going to be singing. Overall, I enjoyed watching this--although:

Spoiler for last episode:

I'd say a second season is unlikely...but then again, I never thought I'd see another season of You're Under Arrest either, so who knows?
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 02:55   Link #208
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
I liked the ending, although I was surprised they only sang the one song in the debut, I was expecting half the last episode was going to be singing. Overall, I enjoyed watching this--although:

Spoiler for last episode:

I'd say a second season is unlikely...but then again, I never thought I'd see another season of You're Under Arrest either, so who knows?
Same, I wanted some kind of romantic feelings to come upon Mizuki but of course nothing happen.

Well... it's time to say good bye to this anime and I hope to see a second season, but it may take a few years. Since nothing was really concluded. Maybe i'll test out the game and see what info it gives ^_^ Even if it ends, I can still find never ending images of the anime. :P

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-05-31, 03:19   Link #209
Fruitfly

They should do a prequel if they ever do a second season.
I wanna know what happened between the manager the the girls in the first and second batch because they seem really close.
Plus I like some of them better than most of the main girls in the third batch.
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 06:45   Link #210
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, that was a load of empty-headed, shallow, vacuous fluff.

But it was a curiously enjoyable load of empty-headed, shallow, vacuous fluff!

Real 'take your brain off the hook' stuff, with an end title song that crawls into your brain and gets stuck in there. Even though the whole idea of angsty indie chick Mizuki who travels with her guitar 'singing for revenge' suddenly falling in with a bunch of wannabe idols doesn't make any sense, and the romance angle hinted at in the credit sequence never quite surfaced, I still watched all twelve episodes and am kind of hoping someone subs the 13th DVD only episode.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 02:24   Link #211
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Wind probably will do it, since they're the only fabsubbing group out there subbing Lovely Idol. *all we can do now is wait, maybe request it ^_^

It would be sorta unfitting of them not to complete it

Old 2007-06-01, 02:34   Link #212
DanielSong39

Excellent premise; had some promise, but could've been a lot better in the execution.

Mai was a good side character - but not sure about the other girls... Mizuki really should have been built up more, considering she was the lead; Ruri should have been better developed as well, considering she was the leader of the girls.

Would've been more interesting if we got to see a bit more hijinks from the girls and a demonstration of their talents. Would've loved to see a Japanese version JEM! - but alas, it didn't quite work out that way.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 03:29   Link #213
Gains
Rain lover

Unfortunately some things are hindering our progress in fansubbing so we can't guarantee when the DVD special will be out. We're working on it though, since we don't want to drop anything that we have picked.

Regarding the relationships between the first two batches and Tomohiro, it's in the drama CDs (Lovely Idol first and second project) and there are some comments from the girls on the OST CDs (I can't stop laughing hearing that Ayumi "refers" to Tomohiro as a "Hakuba no Oujisama" )

Strangely enough this is my first time liking Nogawa Sakura's voiced character....
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 22:38   Link #214
tyciol
*Artist

I noticed the torrent page is blank, but I heard Wind Fansubs worked on this http://mistakesofyouth.com/index2.ph...omics/21/index

Since it is blank I took a look elsewhere and could not find it on Nyaatorrents either.

It doesn't appear licensed based on the page... yet no links found for series 900 http://animesuki.com/series.php/900.html

Wildarms links to an outdated Tokyo Tosho. Looking on the recent site, there do seem to be files there. http://www.tokyotosho.info/search.ph...max=&username=

If the wind he refers to is the WinD I'm familiar with, it should be on their torrents http://scarywater.animesuki.com/wind/index.html but it does not seem to be. I am wondering if someone else worked on it.

Currently there seems to be a page up for it here http://www.bakabt.com/130307-love-dol-lovely-idol.html
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk