AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-25, 09:33   Link #61
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

They were trying to hard to achieve the "RAEG-- ZOMG I SHOT MY PAL!!" moments common to Gundam... and Unicorn Gundam episode 3.

It's almost as if Banagher is making up for shooting Gilboas in his rage by biting the bullet over here.
Old 2011-03-25, 10:19   Link #62
zibi88

well people think that ichika screwed up... but not he done the right thing... Houki got the best IS on world (4th gen) and throught too higly and mighty about herself... that anyone besides her is weak and all... that human sacrafices dont matter if only does that "she" wants...

she simply was useing her brutal violance without strategy or any kind...

lets see what would happen if those civilians on boat would end up dead... killed by IS.... and like the world said... IS has been used in sports and other kind of usage and not in war as machines to kill....

if info would spread the world that humans and civilians to add were killed by IS... people could demand to get rid of IS as they are threat to human kind... like uncontrolable person in IS can be biggest threat to the world....

now they started to make Robo-IS that has no soul and actually it went berserk... so somone used it to military purpose's... so at the end the whole IS school could end up beign close... since IS would end up banned or something as its pointless to teach young children how to operate a killing machine >_<

so what did Ichika was simply to avoid the problems of getting cililians involved and since he has no additional weapon he coul do this at most.... but in this time houki could fight gospel and not let shoot those beams and make ichika bounce them away >__< while houki was only standing and yelling....(and she should have a super speed and strong IS >___< )

Well Ichika just said mentioned that Houki shouldnt look on herself as the most powerfull person who can say that killing cililians is OK... becouse its not...(and ow the hell did the teachers lock the area away... is some shitty ship could pass between them >___<) but it was houki herself that noticed that herself.... that she is not better than those boys in her past (flashback where they called her tomboy and all).... that becouse she has strong IS she can do whatever she can...

the thing is great power brings responsibility and there is no way to avoid it....

anyway kinda its good what happened becouse houki might start to act little less violent and is more thinking about surrounding.... while Ichika;s IS will evolve again (just like in ep1 :P) so better fight to come ^^

still I wish for open ending... and not Ichika-houki ending if it would happen.... becouse I more preffer Char and Ichika :P (well she has gen2 IS [while rest gen2+/3 prototypes] and after 3years of school she might end up in jail or even death sentence....so way more hardcore than Houki or any other girl... besides Char doesnt mind ichika seeing her naked as she is Ichika no Ecchi XD)
Old 2011-03-25, 11:45   Link #63
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wouldn't care about that illegal fishing ship if I were him. there's over 6 billions people in this world, and our resource isn't enough for all of them anyway. Why should we take the risk for those selfish guys who dare trespassing our country knowing it's illegal!?

I can never be a protagonist in a harem anime. My thinking is too rational. Maybe i should become a contractor.
Old 2011-03-25, 11:56   Link #64
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well people think that ichika screwed up... but not he done the right thing... Houki got the best IS on world (4th gen) and throught too higly and mighty about herself... that anyone besides her is weak and all... that human sacrafices dont matter if only does that "she" wants...

she simply was useing her brutal violance without strategy or any kind...
The fact she was overeager with her IS has nothing to do with Ichika screwing up big time.
Did you notice that none of the projectiles started to get shot at the boat until Ichika actually changed his placement?

The execution of the scene was atrociously bad: the drone wasn't firing at all towards the boat, and if Ichika rammed through it with that shield cancelling attack, there would no reason for it to be even scathered.

Houki was definitely doing textbook what she was supposed to do, and only get apeshit about her "criminal talk", aside of that, the comparison with her performance and the "violence" she was using during her high school kendo period is off the charts.

Quote:
lets see what would happen if those civilians on boat would end up dead... killed by IS.... and like the world said... IS has been used in sports and other kind of usage and not in war as machines to kill....
Casualties exist even with practice stuff etc. You do realize that people can also die by doing mere sport, don't you?
IS are seen as military warefare potential, but got pinned to "mere sport" in order to keep a statu quo between the countries. It is obvious that people do not consider them as toys or sport gear at all.

Anyway, this episode was probably one of the worst of the series.
Direction and presentation were anything but good, considering various points explained already: a needless angst, due to an overdramatic and stupid situation caused for no proper reason.

It isn't actually the best deal when you have a very jarring composition in term of the fights, being arguably not inspiring, nor relevant to the actual issue (as explained already: the drone isn't even causing a major rampage to begin with).
Old 2011-03-25, 11:57   Link #65
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wouldn't care about that illegal fishing ship if I were him. there's over 6 billions people in this world, and our resource isn't enough for all of them anyway. Why should we take the risk for those selfish guys who dare trespassing our country knowing it's illegal!?

I can never be a protagonist in a harem anime. My thinking is too rational. Maybe i should become a contractor.
No, seriously, even compared to your usual harem protagonist, Ichika still looks like an idiot. I mean, saving other human life is one thing, but that doesn't mean he has to do it in an idiotic way. First of all, if he actually went through with the attack, the worst that could befall the ship is falling debris. I mean, they have two fast powerful suits, they can drive away the largest debris, or immediately swoop down to pick the survivor. He really should have worked better with Houki to drive the thing away from the ship, not going in the direction of the ship and directing all the shots there. For the final attack that took his life, chivalry is one thing, but the fact is he's running a lower gen IS with 0% shield, compared to the 100% shield next gen IS Houki is using. Don't be Emiya Shirou, please.
Old 2011-03-25, 12:01   Link #66
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I want to give a perfect score... but it looks like they fast forward some scene (first half of the episode) so this is only a 'very good' episode for me

I like how Houki become a center of this episode and I enjoy the drama a lot.... (well, I'm a supporter of Houki X Ichika)

Hope for an epic battle in next episode
Old 2011-03-25, 12:37   Link #67
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
It was obviously a whaling boat, they need to get the Sea Shepherd out there
Old 2011-03-25, 13:14   Link #68
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

thanks for ruining Unicorn ep 3 for me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-03-25, 13:45   Link #69
Zarn
ナギさま~!

It's funny how they focus so much on mindless fanservice and various ass pulls to the point where all the "serious" scenes feel rushed and random.
Old 2011-03-25, 13:46   Link #70
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The fact she was overeager with her IS has nothing to do with Ichika screwing up big time.
Did you notice that none of the projectiles started to get shot at the boat until Ichika actually changed his placement?

The execution of the scene was atrociously bad: the drone wasn't firing at all towards the boat, and if Ichika rammed through it with that shield cancelling attack, there would no reason for it to be even scathered.
Did you notice what happened in that scene? The Gospel blew Houki off it's back with a projectile weapon at close range. If Ichika had continued the attack, it would have done the same thing, dodged, and blew up the boat.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-03-25, 13:50   Link #71
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Did you notice what happened in that scene? The Gospel blew Houki off it's back with a projectile weapon at close range. If Ichika had continued the attack, it would have done the same thing, dodged, and blew up the boat.
Impossible.

Gospel blew Houki off AFTER Ichika broke off his attack.

Ichiki was coming at Gospel from the top, NOT from the bottom.

The boat got involved because mr. I am hero guy placed himself at the boat. It's a drone for cripes sakes, if it's running on logic then it wouldn't register the boat as a threat.

Ichika was using a sword, not some giant mega particle cannon.
Old 2011-03-25, 13:51   Link #72
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
...You do realize that she was shot because she wasn't looking at Gospel? Gospel shot -in front- of her. And it was TWO seconds after Ichika dived even further than Houki's initial position, which is a huge time gap in this kind of battle.

Also, there is no reason to expect the ship to be hit by gospel in this scenario at all, since Ichika's initial position wasn't even aligned to the boat to begin with.

Furthermore, if Ichika attacked Gospel during his charge, gospel would be blown to pieces, according to the lore that Byakushiki's attack ignore opponent's shield, therefore dealing direct damage. That would impair Gospel big time, leading to a much easier dispatch for nearly no risk.
Old 2011-03-25, 13:58   Link #73
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
...You do realize that she was shot because she wasn't looking at Gospel? Gospel shot -in front- of her. And it was TWO seconds after Ichika dived even further than Houki's initial position, which is a huge time gap in this kind of battle.

Also, there is no reason to expect the ship to be hit by gospel in this scenario at all, since Ichika's initial position wasn't even aligned to the boat to begin with.

Furthermore, if Ichika attacked Gospel during his charge, gospel would be blown to pieces, according to the lore that Byakushiki's attack ignore opponent's shield, therefore dealing direct damage. That would impair Gospel big time, leading to a much easier dispatch for nearly no risk.

Even if she was paying attention, she would have been hit anyway, it was a point blank hit with a energy weapon.

And Gospel went berserk, it was attacking anything in it's immediate range, the minute the boat was in sight, Gospel was going to attack it.

Old 2011-03-25, 14:04   Link #74
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Even if she was paying attention, she would have been hit anyway, it was a point blank hit with a energy weapon.

And Gospel went berserk, it was attacking anything in it's immediate range, the minute the boat was in sight, Gospel was going to attack it.
Is that even relevant if Houki is hit or not?
We are talking about the situation that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The fact she has taken a shot is irrelevant because it happened much later (2 seconds is hell lot for IS considering their velocity as demonstrated by both Ichika and Houki).
And I daresay she would arguably not be hit for several reasons:
1) She has an arguably fast acceleration
2) Ichika was about to crash on it BEFORE it could even start attacking (2 seconds gap)

Even if she is hit, she wouldn't be taken by surprise and could still lock its movement while Ichika can finish it. Houki had to get away in the episode because she wasn't supported by Ichika one bit

There is no frigging way for the ship to be hit. As explained by soldierofdarkness, the boat wasn't a threat, and the damn drone wasn't even aiming at it (if you look at the direction of the projectiles, they were aimed grossly at Ichika, only the stray bullets were barely close to the ship). In fact, the drone started firing "at the boat" because Ichika placed himself this way. Otherwise, the drone didn't even make any motion or aim towards the ocean, thus the boat.

The episode was even less subtle about the non existence of the drone "berserk" state: it didn't even start firing at random before Ichika and Houki showed up.
Old 2011-03-25, 14:10   Link #75
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Is that even relevant if Houki is hit or not?
We are talking about the situation that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The fact she has taken a shot is irrelevant because it happened much later (2 seconds is hell lot for IS considering their velocity as demonstrated by both Ichika and Houki).
And I daresay she would arguably not be hit for several reasons:
1) She has an arguably fast acceleration
2) Ichika was about to crash on it BEFORE it could even start attacking (2 seconds gap)

Even if she is hit, she wouldn't be taken by surprise and could still lock its movement while Ichika can finish it. Houki had to get away in the episode because she wasn't supported by Ichika one bit

There is no frigging way for the ship to be hit. As explained by soldierofdarkness, the boat wasn't a threat, and the damn drone wasn't even aiming at it (if you look at the direction of the projectiles, they were aimed grossly at Ichiki, only the stray bullets were barely close to the ship).

The episode was even less subtil about the non existence of the drone "berserk" state: it didn't even start firing at random before Ichika and Houki showed up.
It was a point blank hit, and even though Akatsubaki is the best IS we've seen, Houki is not a good pilot, I doubt she could have dodged it.

And again, being hit in close range, I doubt she could have held on

As for the ship, it does not matter if it was a threat, The Gospel went berserk. It would attack anything. As long as the ship was there, it would go after it.

Ichika made a split second decision there. Perhaps not the logical one, but if he had made the logical decision, those fishermen would be dead.

Old 2011-03-25, 14:12   Link #76
zibi88

Well seeing gospel I guess he would notice Ichika... blow away houki like he did anyway... avoid ichika who goes from up to down... and simply gospel would shoot particles in the bottom region anyway (since both ichika and houki were placed that way) and that's where the boat is...

gospel is not as stupid as humans... he goes with strategy...instant calculation and such simply like robot :P... he noticed ichika and houki approching him and dodged it easyly... so logically he would notice ichika (who's speed is slower than houki's IS) and again dodge...

so nah the plan would fail anyway...but well since the clouds cleared up and the ship was clearly seen ichika acted little stupid and throught that ship will end up in crossfire (like why couldnt houki go for gospel when ichika was playing tenis ?? she could help ichika with it and interrupt gospel with the shoots... but she was handing there and yelling on him than help him)

but since gospel was on "rempage" means that he might consider moveing objects as target....well robots are robots...

anyway at least next episode will be all girls fighting ^^
Old 2011-03-25, 14:20   Link #77
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It was a point blank hit, and even though Akatsubaki is the best IS we've seen, Houki is not a good pilot, I doubt she could have dodged it.

And again, being hit in close range, I doubt she could have held on
Houki was still on Gospel while she was hit. It basically kicked her so it could deploy all its projectile salvo.
There was such a large time gap that most of her damage would be prevented.

Again, there was that huge 2 seconds gap before Gospel started counter attacking Houki. 2 seconds, whilst Ichika was already at his dash speed.

Quote:
As for the ship, it does not matter if it was a threat, The Gospel went berserk. It would attack anything. As long as the ship was there, it would go after it.
You call that Berserk? Gospel was flying without doing anything until it made contact with Houki and Ichika at -close range- whilst they were arguably way up in the air.
If Houki and Ichika weren't attacked when they were that close, how is it even possible for Gospel to target the boat?

That does not make any sense: if Gospel was really berserk, attacking anything on range that was enough to target the boat, then houki and ichika would have been the ONES that ARE attacked!

Quote:
Ichika made a split second decision there. Perhaps not the logical one, but if he had made the logical decision, those fishermen would be dead.
That is not even realistic to say it plainly: again this 2 seconds gap mean everything. We have already seen how Ichika can slice things easily if he charge in. And he just screwed up an opportunity of that huge window.
And even when Houki is being hit, that adds 2 extra seconds.

The way how the anime shows the scene, there was no way for the boat crew to be hit even a single time, period.
Old 2011-03-25, 14:26   Link #78
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Houki was still on Gospel while she was hit. It basically kicked her so it could deploy all its projectile salvo.
Again, even is she hadn't been distracted, t\Gospel still could have gotten away, that's my point.

Quote:
You call that Berserk? Gospel was flying without doing anything until it made contact with Houki and Ichika at -close range- whilst they were arguably way up in the air.
If Houki and Ichika weren't attacked when they were that close, how is it even possible for Gospel to target the boat?

That does not make any sense: if Gospel was really berserk, attacking anything on range that was enough to target the boat, then houki and ichika would have been the ONES that ARE attacked!
It was flying doing nothing because there was nothing there to attack. It left it's base and went over the sea after trashing it, and they blockaded the area so there was nothing to attack. it didn't attack them immediately because they had the advantage, it's not a crazy person, just a faulty machine.

Quote:
That is not even realistic to say it plainly: again this 2 seconds gap mean everything. We have already seen how Ichika can slice things easily if he charge in. And he just screwed up an opportunity of that huge window.

The way how the anime shows the scene, there was no way for the boat crew to be hit even a single time, period.
It could have blown Houki off in the gap anyway.

Old 2011-03-25, 14:28   Link #79
Xacual

Quote:

Again, there was that huge 2 seconds gap before Gospel started counter attacking Houki. 2 seconds, whilst Ichika was already at his dash speed.

Well there was pretty much an identical scene in the intro to ep 1. Houki engaged in melee with Gospel and Ichika trying to take a slice. It reacted pretty much instantly to get out of the way so I can assume by that to mean that at the point in this episode it could see that Ichika was no longer going at it so it ignored him to focus on Houki.

But yeah the anime really failed to do this scene. There really wasn't much justification for what Ichika did unless he now has psychic powers that tell him he would have missed and endangered the ship.

Quote:

It was flying doing nothing because there was nothing there to attack. It left it's base and went over the sea after trashing it, and they blockaded the area so there was nothing to attack. it didn't attack them immediately because they had the advantage, it's not a crazy person, just a faulty machine.
All we know from the anime is that Gospel left it's designated test area. We don't know anything about a rampage.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-25, 14:29   Link #80
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
You mind explaining to me how a sword wielding IS can cause collateral damage on the scale of what Gospel is capable of? If he missed he could easily stop and pull up, if he hit I doubt Gospel would explode into a nuclear explosion.

You forget that Ichika was coming at Gospel from the TOP so even if Gospel opened fire the shots would go UP not DOWN.

The boat scene was stupid, if it was a civilian plane or something I would understand.

Quote:
Well there was pretty much an identical scene in the intro to ep 1. Houki engaged in melee with Gospel and Ichika trying to take a slice. It reacted pretty much instantly to get out of the way so I can assume by that to mean that at the point in this episode it could see that Ichika was no longer going at it so it ignored him to focus on Houki.
Then that would mean that Ichika is psychic and knew that Gospel would dodge the attack anyways and by some random logic would open fire on a random boat (and it's not even a frickin tanker to begin with)

In fact, if Ichika's objective was to now protect a stupid boat then like all comic book heroes do you LURE the damn thing away, not jump in the crossfire when it's not even aiming at them.
Closed Thread