AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-11-07, 13:49   Link #41
AnimeFangirl

Speaking of Takamura, he recovered pretty quickly from finding that creature in his poop. I thought he'd be paranoid for a while, but he got over it in a number of pages. Note to self: don't read chapter 358 while eating. -_-
I'm looking forward to his world title challenge, and even beyond, but I'm kinda scared about his weight. I mean he even has to struggle to stay in middleweight range. Junior middleweight, is he trying to commit suicide?
Old 2004-11-07, 17:09   Link #42
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

There's nothing cooler than when Takamura finally loses it. Really, the next 3 volumes are probably my very favorite Ippo volumes in the entire series, just 'cause you learn SO much about a character that really hasn't been fleshed out at all (and I didn't even realize how little I knew about him until they started getting into what makes him tick).
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:06   Link #43
ShikaShika
無罪

After reading volume 40, I have to pay my gratitude to you snoopy. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard from reading anything before... I want to thank you and everyone involved, keep up the good work!
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 11:46   Link #44
Blaine

Hajime no Ippo licenced?

Does anyone know if Hajime no Ippo has been licenced and released in english?
Old 2006-06-24, 11:58   Link #45
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
Does anyone know if Hajime no Ippo has been licenced and released in english?
While the anime has been licensed by Geneon (60 of 75 eps have been released on 12 DVDs so far) there's no sign of the manga being licensed yet.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 15:52   Link #46
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I don't know if this question has been asked before but how much does the anime cover? Ie, wich chapter do I start reading when I complete the anime?
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 07:08   Link #47
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
I believe it has been asked before
Anyway, the anime ends after "Lollapalooza", and that's about Volume 30 in the manga. There were two OVAs released after that (Ippo's 1st title defense and Kimura's challenge for the J. Lightweight title vs. Mashiba). If you've likewise seen that, then start at around Volume 33 of the manga.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 19:12   Link #48
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Oke thanks for the info ShadowClone. I really loved the anime, I hope the manga is good too.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 22:38   Link #49
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Spoiler for latest chapters:

Let's see now....one down, 14 to go. This is going to be one long arc. Ippo's gonna be like....30 before he fights Miyata, much less Ricardo at this rate.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 22:56   Link #50
megakim
For a blue and pure world

For some reason, I think miyata turned down the fight because he figured that Ippo would lose all motivation/retire once he fought him (he was right). So he turned down the direct route to their fight and risked the whole cancellation hoping that Ippo would find his own motivation and fight him another way...that or he couldn't make weight =\
megakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 23:34   Link #51
AnimeFangirl

You give Miyata too much credit. He's a punk.
Old 2006-07-23, 07:25   Link #52
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakim
For some reason, I think miyata turned down the fight because he figured that Ippo would lose all motivation/retire once he fought him (he was right). So he turned down the direct route to their fight and risked the whole cancellation hoping that Ippo would find his own motivation and fight him another way...that or he couldn't make weight =\
Doubtful, it's way more like to have something to do with that guy he saw in the audience.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 07:35   Link #53
animernq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Let's see now....one down, 14 to go. This is going to be one long arc.
Is the one down Japan?

FYI the OPBF is made up of the following countries:

Australia, Fiji, Guam, Hawaii (USA), Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, New Zealand, Philippines, PAMA (Professional Association of Martial Arts, representing boxers from several Asian republics of the former USSR), Republic of China, Samoa, Thailand and Tonga.

PAMA sounds interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Doubtful, it's way more like to have something to do with that guy he saw in the audience.
I agree. If this guy is the Interim Champion then Miyata will have to fight him before he fights Ippo. If Miyata believes that he won't win this match this might explain why he cancled his match with Ippo.
animernq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 09:59   Link #54
Snubben_Pierre

Hajime no ippo.. volume question

Ive searched around but i cant seem to find what volume i should start reading after ive seen the anime.. Any1 know ? or can help me find it? I would appreciate it very much.

Last edited by Snubben_Pierre; 2006-09-25 at 10:45.
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 10:25   Link #55
hi no ken Jebus

It was somewhere around the 30s iirc. I think around 33 or so was the mashiba vs kimura OVA but not totally sure.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 10:45   Link #56
Snubben_Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
It was somewhere around the 30s iirc. I think around 33 or so was the mashiba vs kimura OVA but not totally sure.
okay thanks, guess ill have to look through from 30 and on..
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 19:31   Link #57
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by animernq
Is the one down Japan?

FYI the OPBF is made up of the following countries:

Australia, Fiji, Guam, Hawaii (USA), Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, New Zealand, Philippines, PAMA (Professional Association of Martial Arts, representing boxers from several Asian republics of the former USSR), Republic of China, Samoa, Thailand and Tonga.

PAMA sounds interesting.

I agree. If this guy is the Interim Champion then Miyata will have to fight him before he fights Ippo. If Miyata believes that he won't win this match this might explain why he cancled his match with Ippo.
Nope.

Spoiler:
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 12:34   Link #58
animernq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Nope.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
animernq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 20:41   Link #59
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

The last post for this fantastic manga was around 6 or 7 months ago but I wanted to bring it back to the top of the list even if only for a day or two simply because it is underappreciated in the face of some of the crap out there that passess for manga. it is a sports manga that centers around a guy named Ippo and his friends who are boxers. But the manga is rife with humor, character development and generally good writing. it spans 78 official volumes at present and enough chapters for 2 more and it can take a couple of months to read and digest all of it. you will find yourself rereading volumes and really sympathising with characters. for those of you who say you hate boxing, give this manga a try, in 10 tanks you will be hooked, in 20 you will wanna watch boxing on espn by 78 you will consider yourself a fan. This is a great and adictive series and if I can spread the word to just one more person then it is worth it. This is an unliscened manga so at present it is legal to download read etc online and I strongly encourage you to do so. Other mangas I have read are as good a story or have better art but few can take you on such a long journey and keep the characters and plot fresh and interesting.
Old 2007-04-12, 00:45   Link #60
g_g
@0| |-|@|\|@

ippo is an excellent shounen manga
i've always preferred sports based shounen over those with magical elements and really, hajime no ippo takes the cake.

i also like reading how he trains as well as the different moves that boxing entails. I have my doubts over several other issues raised in the manga (namely one of them is i think the mangaka is somewhat racist) but overall its a pretty good read.
g_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports