Soelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 08:26   Link #482
QueenNori

Spoiler:
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 11:49   Link #483
Soelke
Not heat. Photon laser.

I was finally able to read Tale 15 translated today! I can finally understand what was going on in that chapter. To tell the truth, I wasn't really surprised by their dialogue. Does that mean it's predictable?
Old 2009-07-26, 04:01   Link #484
QueenNori

Rozen Maiden is predictable?
I'm still surprised that Jun kissed
Spoiler:
ring. I would have never thought of that.
Old 2009-07-26, 08:42   Link #485
Soelke
Not heat. Photon laser.

Well, that's Peach-Pit for you. They pulled a fast one on everyone.

I don't know, I could just kind of guess what they were saying because of what was going on.
Old 2009-08-15, 03:26   Link #486
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

At last I got some time and motivation to read that whatever it is... and I don't really like it. Too weird, too far from what I used to like in the anime/original manga.
So if there's no new anime going on the former seasons storyline, I will give up with Rozen Maiden...
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 00:41   Link #487
Calca
Expressionless

Tale 16
Spoiler:
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 12:09   Link #488
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Bow down to the one who really is the star of this series. The one and only Suiseiseki makes a grand return with an even more magnificent entrace in Tale 12.

The DESUs shall now continue! In honor of her return, I recommend all posts about Tale 12 contain at least 1 DESU.

DESU!!!!
Watched the anime about 6 episodes so far and she doesn't say "desu" even once, does that mean you weeaboos got the "desu" by watching the japanese version desu ne?

Also I read that the 8 volumes mangas have no real ending, what's up with that?
Lawfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 19:09   Link #489
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfer View Post
Watched the anime about 6 episodes so far and she doesn't say "desu" even once, does that mean you weeaboos got the "desu" by watching the japanese version desu ne?

Also I read that the 8 volumes mangas have no real ending, what's up with that?
Are you watching the dub? It may not contain it then.

Watch the sub. It probably has a lot more character.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 19:18   Link #490
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Because in the original Japanese she seems to use "desu" at the end of every sentance. She actually doesn't, but she over uses it so much it is rather noticable. Hease why someone was able to make a Youtube video with over 500 instances where she says "desu" within the series.
Old 2009-10-11, 23:35   Link #491
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
Wow...I literally just learned yesterday that Rozen was back in publication. I've read up to Tale 17 and am loving it! I didn't realize how much I missed the girls until I started reading their adventures again.
klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 04:09   Link #492
Lawfer

Quote:
Are you watching the dub? It may not contain it then.
Yeah figures...

Quote:
Watch the sub. It probably has a lot more character.
No I want don't want to read subs, animes are not made to be read they are made to be watched and listened to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Because in the original Japanese she seems to use "desu" at the end of every sentance. She actually doesn't, but she over uses it so much it is rather noticable. Hease why someone was able to make a Youtube video with over 500 instances where she says "desu" within the series.
I see, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
Wow...I literally just learned yesterday that Rozen was back in publication. I've read up to Tale 17 and am loving it! I didn't realize how much I missed the girls until I started reading their adventures again.
So that means we are going to see a volume 9 in the West? Because from what I read, the last volume that was released in the West was Volume 8 and it doesn't have a real ending.
Old 2009-10-12, 12:12   Link #493
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You won't find her saying "desu" in the actual subtitles either, since the word is some form of copula. It supposedly means, basically, "it is".

The only way to get "desu" is by listening to the Japanese....Desu. (Warning: contains extreme amounts of "desu". May cause minor insanity.)
Old 2009-10-12, 14:58   Link #494
klinton

Quote:
So that means we are going to see a volume 9 in the West? Because from what I read, the last volume that was released in the West was Volume 8 and it doesn't have a real ending.
I'm not going to hold my breath....although, it would be brilliant if they do release it. The translations I've seen are...um...spotty at best. I'm grateful, though, that someone is going to the trouble to translate the Tales for us though!
Old 2009-10-12, 20:16   Link #495
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

That would be amazing,I really like the story so far,and I would like to own it ^_^
i just have to collect the rest of the rest of the volumes and I'm all set.
I really like how cute Suigintou is too,I want to take her home~! (I'm slowly turning into a Kirakishou fangirl..also..Uh Oh)Oh,and Tale 17s cover-thing is just..daww.

Spoiler for Dawww:

:]
Old 2009-10-14, 06:01   Link #496
Lawfer

Quote:
I'm not going to hold my breath....although, it would be brilliant if they do release it. The translations I've seen are...um...spotty at best. I'm grateful, though, that someone is going to the trouble to translate the Tales for us though!
You are talking about the TokyoPop translations, right? If so, I am not surprised because most of their translations seem to have been translated by someone who has not a good grasp at the english language (see Battle Royale).

Anyway, if I buy the Rozen Maiden manga second edition if released I am not gonna buy the TokyoPop edition, but the french version published by Soleil.
Old 2009-10-15, 02:24   Link #497
klinton

Quote:
You are talking about the TokyoPop translations, right? If so, I am not surprised because most of their translations seem to have been translated by someone who has not a good grasp at the english language (see Battle Royale).

Anyway, if I buy the Rozen Maiden manga second edition if released I am not gonna buy the TokyoPop edition, but the french version published by Soleil.
I was actually talking about the Kuu efforts to translate the Tales (RMv2). They seem to be keeping pace pretty well, and I applaud them for it.

But yeah, the Soleil versions are indeed far superior to the Tokyopop releases. They kept a much faster release schedule than Tokyopop as well (and yet, were oddly harder to come by here in Quebec...haha).

I'll buy whatever official translation comes out though. I'd happily support any company that goes out and publishes a version of Rozen Maiden to the world outside of Japan.
Old 2009-10-17, 15:10   Link #498
QueenNori

Tale 18:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-18, 09:05   Link #499
Soelke
Not heat. Photon laser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNori View Post
Tale 18:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Tale 18:
Old 2009-10-24, 11:03   Link #500
Lawfer

Quote:
But yeah, the Soleil versions are indeed far superior to the Tokyopop releases. They kept a much faster release schedule than Tokyopop as well (and yet, were oddly harder to come by here in Quebec...haha).
Just order them from amazon.fr

Quote:
I'll buy whatever official translation comes out though. I'd happily support any company that goes out and publishes a version of Rozen Maiden to the world outside of Japan.
I bought the Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre OAV (OVA) because it was not released in the US and hence never dubbed in english and I dislike to watch subbed anime unless it can't be helped, in that case Ouvertüre was released and dubbed in french, so I picked it up and even though the voices where actually pretty good for a french dub, the OVA itself is pretty worthless unless you are a fan of Rozen Maiden. Also the quality was pretty much the same as the anime and the running time of the 2 OVAs was the same running to that of a regular TV episode.

Tags
fantasy, seinen