AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-29, 18:07   Link #41
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

About Smoker, its not that I think Smoker is weak. Him Vs. Hancock just isn't exciting for me. It doesn't get the adrenaline rushing, its not one those things that'll have me like "OH SHIT!"

Smoker himself doesn't excite me, not because he isn't a cool character. because he is. But he element seems a bit boring, I mean common... SMOKE? What the hell is cool or thrilling about SMOKE? Nothing!

Unless Oda makes Smoker do something unique things with it, Smoker will always be boring to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
That unconfirmed spoiler also has Garp snitching things to WB and Akainu facing Garp cause of it. But it has parts that are the same as Nja's spoiler. Still sceptical cause it could be a guy trolling us and adding things like back when WB's waves took out 50.000 of the marines.
I hope its true, that would be tense. Can you imagine leaving that as a cliffhanger? Mannnnnn.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:07   Link #42
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
You mean when smoker chases after him and them both up in a sea stone cell .
Yeah that's the one, sorry I'm not usually this vague, I'm just exhausted.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-29, 18:10   Link #43
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
First info about Zoro's ministory has been released, and it was I have predicted for quite awhile: Ghost-cutting .
I'm guessing Zoro had tap his skills into the supernatural. I bet Ghostbuster Egon would like to research Zoro's technique. < "Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk"

Quote:
Additional info: It is revealed that a special "prison" ability will be used to capture all of the pirates. This was Sengoku's true plan.
So what I'm getting is, Sengoku is planning to make Marineford into the next Impel Down? If only we knew why he would do such a thing in a flashback and see what he has against all pirates including Gol D. Roger. I'm guessing Sengoku has a personal motive to make him hate Gol D. Roger and his kind.

Quote:
Also, Luffy, while fighting Smoker, flashbacks to Rayleigh stopping Kizaru. So, if the spoiler is true, expect a haki-powered Luffy in the next chapter or 2.
So Luffy finally learns it's usefulness? He better do it fast to save Ace.

Quote:
Also, Marco is not with Luffy because he went off to fight Kizaru (again).
I'm guessing Kizaru was trying to kill Luffy as ordered. No surprise there.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-09-29 at 18:34.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:11   Link #44
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I must say, I am VERY disappointed in Moria. Why on earth would he use Shadows Asgard again? Sure it grants him tremendous strength, but that is useless when he's such a slow, big, bloated target. It looks like he didn't learn from his mistakes ever since his loss against Luffy. Oars Jr. was a perfect example that size and brute strength alone mean absolutely nothing.

Is this really all he could do when his zombies have been purified/defeated? How in the hell was he ever able to rival emperor Kaidou in the past with these pitiful performances he's shown us? Jimbei, while being on land and hence considerably weaker, knocking out an Asgard Moria in one hit is simply pathetic on Moria's part. This does, of course, speak volumes about Jimbei's physical prowess. Jimbei taking out a warlord in one hit is no joke and that impressive feat makes me inclined to believe that he is one of the elites in the One Piece universe.

This also destroys the "all warlords are equal" argument. Jimbei just showed us that there are clearly differences in power amongst the shichibukai.

@cheese4u - what party is this you're thinking of throwing me ? I'm not sure what you told me before about Moria. Care to refresh my memory?

I hope that Kuma hasn't been modified into a complete pacifista. It would kind of ruin his character for me if he just became a mindless machine that terminates all targets in its path. I greatly enjoy the whole mystery theme behind his character.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:14   Link #45
james0246

^Hey Blackbeard, do you want us to rub it in, Moria's second defeat that is ?

It looks like this is simply Moria's level of strength. And it is not bad, he is still one of the most powerful fighters on the field, he's just in Luffy's class though, not the Top of the Elite.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:19   Link #46
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
^Hey Blackbeard, do you want us to rub it in, Moria's second defeat that is ?
You mean Moria's third defeat (you forgot to include his loss against Kaidou)? Silly me, I just made things worse for myself . Well, I predicted that if any warlord was to fall, it would be Moria and that turned out to be true. There's no denying now that he's in the bottom tier of the shichibukai.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:27   Link #47
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wait...Luffy is fighting Smoker? Marco fails at protecting lol. Or he just has to make sure Luffy doesn't die right?
Old 2009-09-29, 18:32   Link #48
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
This has not been fully confirmed, but if it is, wow.

First info about Zoro's ministory has been released, and it was I have predicted for quite awhile: Ghost-cutting .

Additional info: It is revealed that a special "prison" ability will be used to capture all of the pirates. This was Sengoku's true plan.

Also, Luffy, while fighting Smoker, flashbacks to Rayleigh stopping Kizaru. So, if the spoiler is true, expect a haki-powered Luffy in the next chapter or 2.

Also, Marco is not with Luffy because he went off to fight Kizaru (again).

---

The Zoro cutting ghosts part is what makes me think this might be fake. All of the other islands ahve been very hush-hush and ambiguous on how the various crewmembers would level up, so Oda outright telling us that Zoro is attacking a ghost seems a bit too well-defined.
I would not say thats soo far fetched, because this might actually be the chance for Zoro too develope haki on his own, by using haki too injure a ghost with his sword. Thus cutting the thing that cant be cut!!!

Also about the matter with Hancock joining luffy in order too "stay alive..." I personally want it too happen, but it just seems so.... unlikely in a way.

Im thinking that Hancock will either loose her love for Luffy and only think of him as a friend or she will make a promish with Luffy that ones he becomes Pirate king, he would come for her etc etc.

Or Whitebeard will honor Hancock, for fighting with Luffy in order too protect Ace, and make Amazon lily one of his territorys and kill anyone who comes close too it with ill intentions or without Kuja´s clan´s permission, and then she may join Luffy without worrying about Amazon Lily.

Anyways I have too say that by the end of this Whitebeard vs World Goverment arc, and he will finally set ashore too finding his friends. Luffy will get a new member.

But I think the person too be the most likely too join is either Jimbei, Hancock, Mr. 2 Bon Kurei or finally Marguerite.

Why Marguerite? because if Hancock cant join and has too make the WG believe that she is still honoring her status, she still would want Luffy too be safe, so why not assign a person who is not only loyal too her, but also a friend of Luffy´s???

Also too assign her too make sure no other women get near Luffy.

P.S = The Reason Why Moria got beaten like the weakling he is, is because Jimbei´s power or territory is water and Moria´s weakness is salt etc etc. Or atleast his zombies, main fighting power is.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:36   Link #49
marvelB

About Moria, I wouldn't really write him up as being bottom-of-the-barrel until we know exactly what attack Jinbei used to beat him. Yeah, the spoiler summary said it was one punch, but "one punch" could mean "Ultimate Ocean-splitting Fist" for all we know. Still, I admit that Shadows Asgard isn't exactly the wisest move to use against a powerful martial artist......
Old 2009-09-29, 18:37   Link #50
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Wait...Luffy is fighting Smoker? Marco fails at protecting lol. Or he just has to make sure Luffy doesn't die right?
Yes, Marco was making sure Luffy doesn't die. Why else would I quote this?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I'm guessing Kizaru was trying to kill Luffy as ordered. No surprise there.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:40   Link #51
AdventSleeper

So about Kuma being.. "complete," does this mean that he has been completely brainwashed or something like that, or that a newer model has been made?
Old 2009-09-29, 18:43   Link #52
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Seem he was fighting some one else, same for ivan .
Old 2009-09-29, 18:44   Link #53
Wargumm1i
Hentai

The reason why I find Moria weak, is because his main ability is using other people too fight. Not really something that makes you strong.
Old 2009-09-29, 18:59   Link #54
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

@cheese4u - what party is this you're thinking of throwing me ? I'm not sure what you told me before about Moria. Care to refresh my memory?

I hope that Kuma hasn't been modified into a complete pacifista. It would kind of ruin his character for me if he just became a mindless machine that terminates all targets in its path. I greatly enjoy the whole mystery theme behind his character.
You mean you don't remember when you spent about 3 pages arguing with me over how Luffy isn't on the same level as Moria, and that Moria was one of the "big boys." If this spoiler turns out to be true you couldn't possibly tell me one of the big boys would get 1 hit k'oed by one of his suppossed equals.

BTW, I decided to turn the I told you so party into a parade, so if you'll excuse me I'm going to go celebrate.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-29, 19:35   Link #55
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
You mean you don't remember when you spent about 3 pages arguing with me over how Luffy isn't on the same level as Moria, and that Moria was one of the "big boys." If this spoiler turns out to be true you couldn't possibly tell me one of the big boys would get 1 hit k'oed by one of his suppossed equals.
Forgive me. I've argued lots of Moria vs. Luffy debates with several members on this forum to the point where I don't recall everyone's names .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
BTW, I decided to turn the I told you so party into a parade, so if you'll excuse me I'm going to go celebrate.
You're a bastard, did you know that ? Man, you guys are definitely going to be rubbing this in my face for a good while.
Old 2009-09-29, 19:52   Link #56
Cinocard

Quote:

In other word, a Haki swordman training. Oh, haki...

Quote:
About Moria, I wouldn't really write him up as being bottom-of-the-barrel until we know exactly what attack Jinbei used to beat him.
We are not yet to know how bad he was beaten.
Old 2009-09-29, 19:53   Link #57
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Forgive me. I've argued lots of Moria vs. Luffy debates with several members on this forum to the point where I don't recall everyone's names .

You're a bastard, did you know that ? Man, you guys are definitely going to be rubbing this in my face for a good while.
LOL, naw I'm good for now, I just had to get you back for the Commanders and Ace thing from before.
Old 2009-09-29, 20:43   Link #58
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Now, as for another prediction that's been circulating, I'm starting to be more in favor of it. It makes sense to me, and that's that Hancock will join the Straw Hats. The whole love sickness thing and being unable to stay in Amazon Lily without dying, with the only cure being following her love makes it seem inevitable. And the fact that she's seemingly willing to give up her Shichibukai status for Luffy only further drives the point home. If she were to lose her status, she couldn't go home, cuz then she would die, so logically, she'd have nowhere to go BUT with Luffy....... I'm enticed to see how it does turn out.
You know, I didn't really think Boa would join the SH before (mostly because I didn't think anyone stronger than Sanji would join the crew) , but now...

Last edited by aliasxn; 2009-09-30 at 05:48.
Old 2009-09-29, 21:42   Link #59
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I'm glad Luffy is facing Smoker again. It's about time Luffy paid him back. Moria being Ko'd is funny. No one can really question Jimbei's power that's for sure. The Kuma thing is a brow raiser, but I'm curious about Dofalmingo's knowledge in the matter.

Addicktion!

You're off the mark with Smoker. Dude didn't you know second hand smoke kills and so does first hand. As a SMOKER i'm telling you the truth. On a serious note, Smoke is a subtle killer.

Last edited by Crusader; 2009-09-29 at 22:05.
Old 2009-09-29, 22:44   Link #60
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

It's a shame moria has to be used to make jimbei look good. its just gonna make people continue to say how "weak" he is. he is foolish, lazy, and overly cocky(but who isn't anymore) but not weak.
Closed Thread