AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-06-22, 11:05   Link #161
tsunade666

heh... it's becoming better than ever. News keep up coming but their is still no pv and the pictures are I think they are deleted because they can't be found.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 13:10   Link #162
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm, so either...

-manga readers are free to whine about the adaptation while anime only watchers are free to whine about said manga readers, in order to fulfill 'people have a right to argue and disagree' for BOTH sides

or

-manga readers stop whining about the adaptation and anime watchers stop whining about manga readers, in order to deny part of the right to argue/disagree

Really now, allowing one but not the other would be double standards, because if manga readers have a 'right to argue and disagree', then so do anime only watchers as well. Just as the only 'harm' done to anime watchers is irritation from manga readers whining, the only real 'harm' done to manga readers who whine is irritation from anime watchers whine about them. So there's no real harm done in the end for both sides, no?

In other words, if you believe you have the right to whine and that you feel nobody should stop you, then you should NOT stop anybody else from whining. And yes, that also includes other people who whine about you. It's only fair that way.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 14:06   Link #163
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
In other words, if you believe you have the right to whine and that you feel nobody should stop you, then you should NOT stop anybody else from whining. And yes, that also includes other people who whine about you. It's only fair that way.
So the way thing have always worked around here then.

Sounds fine to me.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 15:26   Link #164
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

How about both side stop their whining so the internet can be a better place?
Old 2010-06-22, 16:14   Link #165
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
How about both side stop their whining so the internet can be a better place?
No, no, they can express and share their opinions all they want... say, on the appropriate forum? If you're going to derail the thread, at least have the courtesy to take it outside.

Only if people were as enthusiastic to find the PV...

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-06-22 at 18:20.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 19:20   Link #166
Chestnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
No, no, they can express and share their opinions all they want... say, on the appropriate forum? If you're going to derail the thread, at least have the courtesy to take it outside.

Only if people were as enthusiastic to find the PV...
Hello, new here.

BE AWARE THAT THE LINKS I'M PROVIDING ARE NOT THE KAMINOMI PV.

Recently signed up yesterday and have been trying to find the PV since the day the World Hobby Fair began. I remember someone posting a PV on Youtube of Zettai Karen Children (which the person filmed a tv screen with the preview, click the link to see) which apparently took place in the WHF.

Unfortunately, nothing on TWGOK has come up yet (tried searching recent videos for WHF, Kaminomi, and Weekly Shonen Sunday... in Japanese, of course). Only video related to TWGOK that was in WHF '10 was this one, which includes Wakaki Tamiki's art along with other mangaka of Shonen Sunday.

The problem I'm seeing here is that from the pictures you provided, it took place in a completely different area and it was probably under surveillance, which most likely means no one was able to film the PV. And the pictures posted belonged to Shonen Sunday's Twitter account, which would probably explain why they were allowed to have teaser pics. If no one was sneaky enough to film it, I guess we'll just have to patiently wait until the CM is released on Websunday.

And yes, I was actually visiting here to get updates on the Kaminomi anime/PV, not to read an argument that is irrelevant to this thread...
Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 20:33   Link #167
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
That is absurd. If you ban something that some people enjoy doing/want to do very much, they'll only try harder to do it. People have a right to argue and disagree; it protects our individuality and personal opinions. True, it can become bothersome and annoying for other people, but that's the price you pay to be a part of a society.
You are free to dislike how some people act, but please don't try to force them to stop their ways, especially when there is no harm done to you because of it, only irritation.
I'm not proposing completely banning such discussions. My idea is actually similar to yours, in that this kind of comparisons should instead be redirected to a proper venue where they can take place without annoying anyone (or at least annoying less people). As you said, the best possible solution would be to have a proper per series board where these kind of discussions can take place. but even in non multi threaded forums, anime-manga comparisons are better suited in a manga thread rather than in an anime one given that:

- There is a higher ratio of people who have watched both adaptations in the manga thread, so it would be a more appropriate venue for these discussions given that a higher proportion of people would actually be able to discuss about it without annoying other people

- The number of manga-only readers is much lower than the number of anime-only watchers for any given series in this particular forum, so even in the worst case scenario you would be annoying less people.

Such an approach was taken by Skyfall for the Cross Game series (where even though the vast majority of the manga readers loved the anime series, comparisons were still deemed spoilerful), and it worked wonders.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 04:50   Link #168
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Why, hello there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut View Post
The problem I'm seeing here is that from the pictures you provided, it took place in a completely different area and it was probably under surveillance, which most likely means no one was able to film the PV. And the pictures posted belonged to Shonen Sunday's Twitter account, which would probably explain why they were allowed to have teaser pics. If no one was sneaky enough to film it, I guess we'll just have to patiently wait until the CM is released on Websunday.

And yes, I was actually visiting here to get updates on the Kaminomi anime/PV, not to read an argument that is irrelevant to this thread...
Why, hello there. If I may, I'd like to disprove your interesting supposition.

It is true that the first link to Kaminomi's PV pictures are from Shonen Sunday's Twitter account; however, the latest pictures that I provided are from a personal blog of a Japanese individual. On the contrary to what you have assumed, Shonen Sunday's booth is not located in a remote area, as you can see here. In fact, the stage is precisely diagonal to the third vertex, which faces the two incoming footpaths for maxium exposure, and the surveillance is rather lighter than suspected.

----------

On topic:

The vividness of that image flashed me back to Samurai Champloo episode 9 "Beatbox Bandits". To be exact, few moments after the field of "crop" caught on fire.

By the way, the chances of Kaminomi PV being updated on CM section of SS's website is... highly unlikely in the coming months...

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-06-23 at 19:08.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 04:26   Link #169
tsunade666

on the link provided I saw a lot of detective conan.

Well thanks for the information. But still waiting for new info on the upcoming PV. Wonder when it would hit.

Is their a chance that kaminomi would be air this fall season too? if it would be airing this fall then next month is the best bet for the PV to come.

As for the
Old 2010-06-24, 05:11   Link #170
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is their a chance that kaminomi would be air this fall season too? if it would be airing this fall then next month is the best bet for the PV to come.
I'll be surprised if it isn't airing this Fall.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 06:32   Link #171
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The anime will be air next year.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 08:36   Link #172
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The anime will be air next year.
Delicious sauce please.
Old 2010-06-24, 09:22   Link #173
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Delicious sauce please.
huh!? I don't get this

If it would be aired this fall then the fall season is worth waiting for plus it would probably one of the best yet for me. With lots of my favorite having second season and having a chance.
Old 2010-06-24, 11:09   Link #174
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
huh!? I don't get this
"Delicious sauce" = internet lingo for "don't just pull stuff out of your ass and give me a source" (sauce ~ source).

I think it's sad that people are already bithing about the adaptation when we still don't even know in which season it will air... Or more specifically people are bitching about potential bitching...

One of two things will happen. Either the adaptation will be watchable (somewhere between very good and "meh"), at which point the inevitable manga differences will be discussed ad nauseum until some people who actually did/would have enjoyed it are driven away; or the adaptation will suck so bad that this thread will be a ghost town and the only discussion will be in the manga thread. How about we wait to worry about that kind of discussion until there is something to actually discuss...?

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-06-24 at 16:14.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 23:14   Link #175
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Tracking back using Manglobe's recent anime to predict Kaminomi's airing season

Sacred Blacksmith
Announced - Jan 2009 (Winter)
Airing season - Fall 2009

Michiko to Hatchin
Announced - March 2008 (Winter)
Airing season - Fall 2008

Saraiya Goyou
Announced - November 2009 (Autumn)
Airing season - Spring 2010

Kaminomi
Announced - April 2010 (Spring)
Airing season - ?? (Most likely Fall or Winter)

Seems like there's 1-2 season gap between the announcement and airing season for 3 most recent animes of Manglobe. If that holds true for Kaminomi too, then its likely that Kaminomi will be aired on either Fall or Winter season.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 23:31   Link #176
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Gahh! Why didn't this fellow take photos of TWGOK PV, as well? Only six meagre lines for Kaminomi... Well, at least the comment is positive about it.

On a different note, the ZKC OVA sure is lovely, especially Phantom's expression.
Old 2010-06-24, 23:39   Link #177
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Tracking back using Manglobe's recent anime to predict Kaminomi's airing season

Sacred Blacksmith
Announced - Jan 2009 (Winter)
Airing season - Fall 2009

Michiko to Hatchin
Announced - March 2008 (Winter)
Airing season - Fall 2008

Saraiya Goyou
Announced - November 2009 (Autumn)
Airing season - Spring 2010

Kaminomi
Announced - April 2010 (Spring)
Airing season - ?? (Most likely Fall or Winter)

Seems like there's 1-2 season gap between the announcement and airing season for 3 most recent animes of Manglobe. If that holds true for Kaminomi too, then its likely that Kaminomi will be aired on either Fall or Winter season.
Since we've already got a (presumably reflective of the finished product) PV out there, I think we're looking at Fall, but I could be wrong. Certainly no later than Winter.
Old 2010-06-24, 23:44   Link #178
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
How about we wait to worry about that kind of discussion until there is something to actually discuss...?
Been there. Done that. Such a strat fails horribly unless you have an admin on site that agrees with you.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 23:44   Link #179
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Well its pretty much the next magazine scan of Kaminomi would reveal the remaining casts and infos as well as the airing season. Since they already announced few of the production staffs, the 2 main casts as well as showing the PV, i too agreed that its likely going to be on Fall.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 11:17   Link #180
tsunade666

I'm not familiar with all the pictured framed manga on the gallery.

And I can't read it because it's japanese then again the pictures are most about zettai karen childer (love "the children" though they aren't that little brats anymore)

I only saw a fan with kami and conan side by side and other characters with the same publisher.... really need more info.

But more people are really betting on the fall season for it too hit. Well fall season are most likely the best season for the year anyway.

EDIT: I just notice on one of the picture where the cover is should be summer wars because of the sunflower but I just spotted kami-nii playing with his psp and under an umbrella but the other part are covered so I think that's more likely Elsee and kami-nii but what are they doing in the summer wars set.....

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen