AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 17:17   Link #1121
Alhazred

Spoiler for It's pretty obvious...:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 17:26   Link #1122
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Spoiler for Medaka Box:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 17:39   Link #1123
Sol Falling

lol at Unzen being fed cake.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 17:40   Link #1124
Jourdal

She calculated her Dorikis >_>
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 17:54   Link #1125
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It's kind of strange how there are 13 of these 'monsters' going to this high school and people still consider this school life normal. And it also didn't make much sense in retrospect how 98% of people voted for Medaka where there are other monsters to vote for. It's almost as if they are suddenly inserted into the Medaka universe, in other words, these 13 people were not in the original plan for this manga but something pulled out of their ass midway to prolong the life of this manga and to turn it into a battle manga.

Anyway, I'm just stating what I think and I'm still reading it for what it is. If Unzen joined last chapter, I would definitely drop it. I lowered my expectation and it isn't so bad now. I give the ok for this iron ball loli to take the VC spot.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:11   Link #1126
aahhsin

You guys are so tsundere for Medaka.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:11   Link #1127
Sol Falling

The fact that we've seen practically no signs of the 13 around the school certainly seems fairly unbelievable, but as to their actual existance, they were revealed fairly early on, I believe. I still think that a superhuman school battle manga was what Medaka Box was intended to be from the beginning: from as early as Akune's arc, they've been setting the tone for it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:41   Link #1128
Arturro

I agree with Mizuno, just after Akune arc this Manga changed a lot, before pool competition Medaka actions were improbable but not impossible, Zenkichi was a protagonist etc. IMHO it was a try to rise Medaka Box rankings. Lots of people demanded some action in Medaka, so action was granted. Lots of readers are demanding that Medaka should lose, so she loses. It's like author are creating "plot" by pool results. Cause pool results are a few weeks late, so changes in plot are also delayed. On the other hand it means there is a chance for Zenkichi to became a protagonist again.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 19:26   Link #1129
Jourdal

I agree with Mizuno as well, particularly in the fact that the 13 are all beastly yet were not mentioned and for the most part medaka seemed like the only super human. Some were calling Akune Mandaka saying he's a genius but he looks completely average now.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 20:34   Link #1130
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-07, 23:23   Link #1131
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
It's kind of strange how there are 13 of these 'monsters' going to this high school and people still consider this school life normal. And it also didn't make much sense in retrospect how 98% of people voted for Medaka where there are other monsters to vote for. It's almost as if they are suddenly inserted into the Medaka universe, in other words, these 13 people were not in the original plan for this manga but something pulled out of their ass midway to prolong the life of this manga and to turn it into a battle manga.
Nicely said. It has turn into a full blown battle manga and I bet few saw this coming from the first few chapters.

Quote:
I agree with Mizuno, just after Akune arc this Manga changed a lot, before pool competition Medaka actions were improbable but not impossible, Zenkichi was a protagonist etc. IMHO it was a try to rise Medaka Box rankings. Lots of people demanded some action in Medaka, so action was granted. Lots of readers are demanding that Medaka should lose, so she loses. It's like author are creating "plot" by pool results. Cause pool results are a few weeks late, so changes in plot are also delayed. On the other hand it means there is a chance for Zenkichi to became a protagonist again.
You got a very good point there.

We said that there should be someone to fight stand up to Medaka: Unzen = done
We said there should be some romance: Yuri = done
We said Medaka should lose: loli knocks her unconscious = done
We said Medaka should have flaws: She is lonely = done
We said Zen should have a bigger role: He stops Medaka rage = done

But... Zen becoming the main character again? I don't see how that is possible in this battle manga.

In the end, the author seems to be giving us what we wish for, but horribly twisting the whole process. Think of it like the Monkey's paw. He seems to be reading the anime suki forums though :P
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 04:20   Link #1132
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Nicely said. It has turn into a full blown battle manga and I bet few saw this coming from the first few chapters.

You got a very good point there.

We said that there should be someone to fight stand up to Medaka: Unzen = done
We said there should be some romance: Yuri = done
We said Medaka should lose: loli knocks her unconscious = done
We said Medaka should have flaws: She is lonely = done
We said Zen should have a bigger role: He stops Medaka rage = done

But... Zen becoming the main character again? I don't see how that is possible in this battle manga.

In the end, the author seems to be giving us what we wish for, but horribly twisting the whole process. Think of it like the Monkey's paw. He seems to be reading the anime suki forums though :P
LOL I can't hold my smile when realize this A big grin on my face
then if we said in this forum how Meda-bitch killed and end this manga, we will get what we want

OK guys?! now do any of you have any idea how Meda-Bitch will be defeated and then / or killed?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 04:51   Link #1133
Arturro

I would like to point to you (us) all - Medaka Box is a success. Not because it's a good manga, cause it's not, not only that thread, or threads about Medaxa Box in any language I could understand, are full of people complaining, also rankings in Japan shows it's a disliked Manga. Disliked doesn't means unpopular. Manga (show, book, celebrity) to survive needs to cause emotional reaction among publicity. Admiration is best, but hate is second good. I'm reading this manga, because I'd like to see Medaka punished, I'd like to see how far Zenkichi could degrade himself, I wan't to see painfull death of Medaka Box characters, but I'm reading it.
Compare Medaka Box with another new manga - Ane Doki. Ane Doki is a nice manga, with likeable characters, some plot, romance, nice artwork, etc. But i don't care at all what will happen in next chapter of Ane doki.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 09:41   Link #1134
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Perphas:
1: Because they don't stand for their own election.
2: Because they are all senior, and some schools' rules say senior is out of any school activities. So, the rest of the 13 may be all seniors. And the school rule apply to them. Yeah, they actually follow school rule

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-10-08 at 17:37.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 10:20   Link #1135
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
1: Because they don't stand for their own election.
2: Because they are all senior, and some schools' rules say senior is out of any school activities. So, the rest of the 13 may be all seniors. And the school rule apply to them. Yeah, they actually follow school rule
Spoiler for Actually...:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:28   Link #1136
KLGChaos
The Shermain

My question is...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-09, 16:20   Link #1137
Westlo
Lets be reality

People keep saying they're done with this manga yet keep coming back lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
My question is...

Spoiler:
Aside from not being Medaka what exactly has Zenkichi done to deserve to be the lead character? I means seriously you have people continually whining about Zenkichi being underutilized/shafted but he's nothing special, he's done' nothing of note and he doesn't stand out from his archetype. People are acting like Medaka is holding back a goldmine when she's not.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 17:02   Link #1138
Johnny
Working the bags...

And you people keep coming in criticizing them for criticizing. That's even funnier...

As to the Zenkichi issue. I think he was on the track to being something of a lead character, but was fubar'ed. Personally I see nothing wrong with having a lead that isn't a Mary Sue or Gary Stu if you want to call them. A character struggling at the start is something I don't mind seeing. Forgo that character that has god powers right off the bat...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 17:03   Link #1139
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I would like to point to you (us) all - Medaka Box is a success. Not because it's a good manga, cause it's not, not only that thread, or threads about Medaxa Box in any language I could understand, are full of people complaining, also rankings in Japan shows it's a disliked Manga. Disliked doesn't means unpopular. Manga (show, book, celebrity) to survive needs to cause emotional reaction among publicity. Admiration is best, but hate is second good. I'm reading this manga, because I'd like to see Medaka punished, I'd like to see how far Zenkichi could degrade himself, I wan't to see painfull death of Medaka Box characters, but I'm reading it.
Disagree. I gave up a long time ago and occasionally visited the thread just for the flaming lulz.

It's not "controversial" in a good sense, not thought-provoking or anything remotely close to that; it just sucks -- though maybe I don't really know, since I actually didn't read the latest chapters. Dropped it right when that little brat was introduced.

In other words, selective perception. Some people read on and keep complaining. Some others misunderstand and assume everybody's reading on and complaining. The rest of us who dropped this shit and didn't look back gets to play the silent majority.

Quote:
Compare Medaka Box with another new manga - Ane Doki. Ane Doki is a nice manga, with likeable characters, some plot, romance, nice artwork, etc. But i don't care at all what will happen in next chapter of Ane doki.
That's because Ane Doki is also shit, generic to the point of extremity. I personally can accept a certain level of clichés in my entertainment -- comfort food isn't always bad -- but even I can't stomach it any more either. It's so bland it's tasteless. Dropped likewise; never understood why it's "popular" around here. Then again, I gave up on To-LOVE-Ru while everybody else busied on, so yeah.

[/back to lurk mode]
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 17:21   Link #1140
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
The raw just came out, and all I have to say...

Spoiler for Medaka Box Chapter 22:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council