AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-10, 14:56   Link #1281
Somnus
Eh?

So I read through the series from start to finish over the last couple of days and all I can say is...please don't bring her back (as much as I loved her, one of my favourite female chars to date). Throw in the whole "brainwash her to love me" bit and I'll be laughing for a good little while.

Oh yeah, and clearly Shioon's final decision should be with Ji-Nie. That's pretty much it.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 21:17   Link #1282
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

@ the new cover:

Sera: What are you doing...?

Shioon: I'm practicing my 'win pose'.

Sera: ... ...that would imply 'winning' - which is something you honestly can't do.

Shioon: T_T
Old 2011-08-11, 23:47   Link #1283
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Edited for my take
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
@ the new cover:

Sera: What are you doing...?

Shioon: I'm practicing my 'win pose'.

Sera: ... ...that would imply 'winning' - which is something you honestly can't do.

Shioon: T_T...then what are YOU doing??

Sera: Being fcking sexy. What did you think? Look at me, I'm sex on legs!

Shioon: ...well. I cant argue there. Carry on!
Old 2011-08-12, 02:58   Link #1284
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
될 예정입니다. 이번엔 제 컨디션 난조로 페이지를 많이 못했습니다. 프로작가로서 너무 죄송스럽게 생각합니다.. 할 말이 없습니다. 하루만 더 기다려 주세요... (페이지도 많지 않습니다....)
We'll have to wait one more day, it seems.
Or half a day.
Old 2011-08-12, 10:23   Link #1285
Miles Teg

From an interview of the authors of The Breaker during their trip in France :

Quote:
Back to The Breaker. The series is over in Korea, but continues with a new series: The Breaker New Waves. How did you decide to do the spin-off? Was it planned from the beginning as well?
GJ J: Actually, we see The Breaker as a series cut into seasons. The first, completed in 10 volumes, is what you find in France. For New Waves, still in progress, the main difference is that we are not doing a pre-publication in a magazine, but directly on the Internet, the Daum site. We hope to start soon the publication in volumes. Finally, we have in mind the project of writing the third and last part that was also planned from the beginning!
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...de-The-Breaker

Nothing very interesting in the interview, except that Shi-ho is fan favourite

I will try to translate other part but I promise nothing
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 11:35   Link #1286
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Translated more or less everything for a different forum...thanks for the article, btw!

Quote:
Q: How was The Breaker project born? Is it your first joint work?
Jeon Geuk-Jin: Indeed, it's the first work we're doing together. Back in 1999 I had already laid down a first brew of the scenario, but unfortunately that project was scrapped. I consequently put it on standby for some time, till 2007. M. Park, who had previously worked on the project as an assistant, wanted to unshelf and publish it, by reworking it from the ground up. That's how this entirely new series started.

Q: From your own perspective, what was lacking in the story's first version and later on guaranteed success for the second?
J G-J: Actually, the story changed considerably - I consider the second story as a complete redo. In this new version, I set a big emphasis on the fact that it was an alternative take to the real world, based on Asian/Oriental fantasy. This allowed us to make the scenes even more efficient. I think I had further insisted on the values of the master-disciple relationship, which is the driving force of this manga.

Q: M. Park, we know you in France through the series Archlord, a heroic fantasy title. With The Breaker, we find ourselves in a urban environment. Which one is the easiest to develop?
Park: I think I have as much fun working on either universe, I don't have a clear preference. Each time, it is a new challenge to work on these very different universes, most notably on the backgrounds, where I have to adapt the color range and the (color) tones according to the context. Each atmosphere is thus very interesting.

Q: The series brings to mind many great names of the manga and movie worlds. Do you have any specific source of inspiration for this manhwa?
J G-J: I claim a great deal of influence from movies and manga. For example, for the action scenes, I often think back to 300. I was especially moved by the difference in tone between the quiet and strong/memorable moments, their intensity, their emotional and graphical power. Thus I wanted for the audience to feel those same changes of atmosphere in The Breaker, in order to highlight the strength of each confrontation/battle.

Q: The Breaker is a rather comic (read: lighthearted, with comedic moments) title, but it also broaches graver topics such as school bullying. Which message do you wish to leave within this series?
Park: In this series, we especially wanted to bring up an issue that concerns the Korean educational system: the lack (or absence) of communication between teachers and students. In Asia, we traditionally maintain a very respectful link (read: bond) between parents and children, but this notion is slowly ebbing away as we speak. Which is why we are putting so much emphasis on the relationship between Chunwoo and Shihoon.

Q: Let's go back to The Breaker. The series is over in Korea but is continuing with a new series: The Breaker New Waves. How did you come to the decision of making this spin-off (sic) ? Was it planned from the very beginning?
J G-J: Actually, we regard The Breaker as a larger series, divided in several "seasons". The first one, completed in ten volumes, is the one you're currently discovering in France. For New Waves, which is still a work in progress, the main difference is that we are no longer using a pre-publication magazine, but are directly going to the Internet, through the Daum website. We hope to soon publish bound volumes. And finally, we are already thinking about writing the third and final part, which was planned from the very beginning, too.

Q: M. Park, you are maintaining a blog dedicated to your work. Did the comments left by your readers have any influence on the series? What are the fan-favorite characters?
Park: Actually, the reviewers are, before everything else, fans, very satisfied with the series. I thus have not had any particular demand for the series, we especially receive a lot of positive feedback and a lot of cheering-on (read: encouragement). As for the fan-favorites, Si-Ho the nurse unanimously wins the gold medal.

Q: In your forewords, you admit to often suffer from publishing delays. How do you organize your days? Are you following a specific timetable? Did moving on to a digital publishing pattern change anything to your work methods?
Park: Since we moved on to publishing on Internet on a weekly basis, I have quite a lot of hellish days to contend with! Some days I happen to start drawing at 10am...and stop...at 4am! I take some rest during free days/holidays... Thankfully, digital manga allows me to shave off a substantial amount of time, for example like sharing my drawings with my assistants. I even think that my drawing style got better ever since I switched to graphical tablets.

Q: What are the perks that compelled you, you and your editor, to tread that path?
J G-J: In Korea, the newest trend is to relocate to digital support, to the point that it's becoming harder and harder to find more traditional tools of the trade (read: drawing tools) for us comic artists. On the flip side, the learning curve is really good. The gains are just as ecological as economical, not to mention that the offices of our editor were set quite far away from us and it was hard to forward our drawings as quickly as on the Internet. It then became invaluable.
Furthermore, since we switched over to this modus operandi, we essentially communicate with each other through mail and chat in order to work on the series and we barely ever meet each other anymore!

Last edited by Renegade334; 2011-08-12 at 11:49.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 16:36   Link #1287
Key Board
Carbon

I'm not sure what he meant by "getting hard to find traditional tools of the trade"

Everything is done on pencil before scanned and cleaned up or painted on the computer

Even artists at Pixar does that

I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean there is a pencil shortage in Korea, but I'm not sure what he means either.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 17:06   Link #1288
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

By traditional tools of the trade I intended to say drawing tools - pencils, paper, ink, etc. - for professional manwha authors...obviously not the little, cheap A4 stencils you can find in any supermarket or whatever, but the real, high-quality materiel for full-time artists. But now that everyone's going the digital way the old dead-tree stuff's flying out of the window along with the other "more traditional tools".

And obviously he isn't using the "draw on paper first, scan it later" approach - he's directly doing it on tablet.
Old 2011-08-12, 21:17   Link #1289
Ukoku

The chapter has been released:
Spoiler for Chapter 39:
Ukoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 21:49   Link #1290
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukoku View Post
The chapter has been released:
Hmm the super strong old lady that fought Goomoonryong along with the other two older masters is back. I wish I understood their conversation.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 22:18   Link #1291
shakes12

by chaotic ken
Kay kay, brief summary.

> Sera and Shiwoon take a break from the teaching for a bit
> Sera tells Shiwoon that his mother and girlfriend (probably talking... you know, that girl. I forget her name) are safe.
> Sera says his mother has been promoted to be the manager of a restaurant or something, so the reason why she hasn't been able to answer the phone is because she's busy.
> Sera tells Shiwoon that the teacher to teach him martial arts has arrived.
> Cue old lady and two other women.
> Old lady is Sera's martial arts master or something.
> Old lady's name seems to be Ju-Shil. She's the head of YeWonGwan or some shit.
> Old lady tells Shiwoon that she's not here to teach him actual martial arts, but rather a way to train while being unable to use martial arts.
> It's a sort of image visualization training.
> Not gonna get into the whole details of the thing, since scans can probably explain / translate it better than me.
> After Sera leaves, old lady tells her two minions to... STRIP SHIWOON.
> Asian Kimbo Slice (oh God it feels good to say that name again) and Gyubum don't believe what the head elder dude said.
> Asian Kimbo Slice wonders if Jini and Shiwoon ran away together (like eloping or some shit).
> Some stuff with Jini and that cat. Jini admits that the cat reminds her of a certain someone. By being stubborn and kinda cute.
> No prizes for guessing who the cat reminds her of. I mean, seriously. It's obviously JiGun.
> Old lady is amazed that ShiWoon is able to remain conscious despite what he's going through right now.
> Doctor tells Sera that "that person" has been placed into a room in the hospital.
> Sera asks how "that person" is, the doctor says he can't determine yet.
> Doctor wonders if it's okay not to tell "someone" about this. Since it might be troublesome later.
> Sera says no, not not, Shiwoon is in training. If he falters now then nothing can be achieved.

My guess?
"That person" is Shiwoon's mother, and Sera lied to Shiwoon about her being safe.
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 22:47   Link #1292
KLGChaos
The Shermain

For an action series, there's always so much talking and exposition going on it seems and very little action. The series has been going on for near 10 months now and Shioon is JUST starting his "serious" training (I don't count the training with the other guy as real training as it was just him trying to beat the crap out him). Seeing that the mangaka wants 3 parts... I predict this will actually finish sometime in the year 2040.
Old 2011-08-12, 23:54   Link #1293
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Seeing that the mangaka wants 3 parts... I predict this will actually finish sometime in the year 2040.
Hey now, don't confuse this mangaka with Miura Kentarou . Though if The Breaker continues at this pace, then maybe our next ten years of (almost) weekly entertainment is ensured, indeed...? .

About the chapter: Wow, an old face reappears!
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 04:22   Link #1294
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
For an action series, there's always so much talking and exposition going on it seems and very little action. The series has been going on for near 10 months now and Shioon is JUST starting his "serious" training (I don't count the training with the other guy as real training as it was just him trying to beat the crap out him). Seeing that the mangaka wants 3 parts... I predict this will actually finish sometime in the year 2040.
Hahahaha..i hope no..!!

More important....The Old-Lady, is entered in Shioon harem...hahahah

i'm glad, to see finally, we entered in the arc, where Shioon is going to refix his ki-center..i can't wait too see Shioon bad ass..
I wonder if all girl (Sera-Jain-and Soul) fight all together with Shioon..
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 09:29   Link #1295
zibi88

hmmm the chapter kinda focused on shions mother... as he is worried for her... and at the end Sera talks about keeping it secret for now in order to allow shion train as this would force him to stop or go on a mad rage to the front lines as he is not prepared...

still the condition must be serious as they say... its too early to tell what the condition is

but it mostly is shions mother.... well I throught of Sahae too but well shions mother is the only family he got and it would seriously shake him to the bones if he would lose her...

but still it could be a single connection similar to jinee... losing mother... family... and so each one should be able to support each other in those times... as jinee knows how it feels like to lose someone... and well she too restrained herself to kill shion as she saw the picture of him and his mom...

well most likely shion will be pissed off great time as he learns what happened to his mother (or sahae but well she is just a friend but mom is whole family so more important to him.... so SUC mostly would target shioons mother to shake him up)
and I wouldnt be supprised if he started to "kill" all people from Suc...everyone that joined will be hunter down by him with no excusses as Suc = hurt/killed his friend/mother-family
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 09:40   Link #1296
Miles Teg

I don't see what the SUC can gain by attacking Shiion mother, they want him to join their little group after all. The only one that can gain something is Jinie Grandfather if he is thinking about adopting Shiion but that don't work too well with the order to kill given to Jinie.

For Saehe that can be Chang-Ho as revenge for what Shiion has done to him.
Old 2011-08-13, 09:42   Link #1297
Shadow5YA

It probably is Shioon's mother. How did Sera know about her working life before Shioon did? If she wanted to tell someone other than Shioon about her promotion at work, she would have told Jinie. At least Shioon's mother knows Jinie. There has been nothing to show that Sera has met Shioon's mother before.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 09:50   Link #1298
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It probably is Shioon's mother. How did Sera know about her working life before Shioon did? If she wanted to tell someone other than Shioon about her promotion at work, she would have told Jinie. At least Shioon's mother knows Jinie. There has been nothing to show that Sera has met Shioon's mother before.
Sera has done her homework before trying to kill Shiion and you don't need to meet someone to know everything about their past when your the head of a "mysterious" clan
Old 2011-08-13, 10:04   Link #1299
Shadow5YA

I still don't buy it. I could understand if Sera was aware of the fact that Shioon's mother works in a restaurant, but knowing about her fixing to get a promotion sounds like a secret that a person would only tell to someone close.

Shioon doesn't really have any non-Murim friends or family other than his mother or Saehee, so one of them must have been targeted.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 10:31   Link #1300
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I still don't buy it. I could understand if Sera was aware of the fact that Shioon's mother works in a restaurant, but knowing about her fixing to get a promotion sounds like a secret that a person would only tell to someone close.

Shioon doesn't really have any non-Murim friends or family other than his mother or Saehee, so one of them must have been targeted.
the point is that it would make shioon suffer more if they hurt his closest person which is his mom as he has only her.... and well he did not see her for some time so an info about her poor near death condition would force him to come out to them and fight them

last time the glass guy wanted to kill shion and force him to jump off from the rooftop... than he made a proposition... shioon declined.... so maybe its a message to him... if you wont come people close to you will suffer....

so mostly its just his mom that got targeted by Suc as a payback or force him to listen them... becouse they could have killed his mother and not just seriosuly beat her up...

but damn cant even imagine shions anger if he sees his mothers poor state... and learns tha not only she was seriosuly beaten up with lots of internal injuries and broken bones... but even was raped... damn a vulcano will errupt and each Suc will die that will stand in front of shioon... no more mercy just killing spree ^^

sera started the talk about his mother.... and it was her that said that she got better sit at work and mostly has no time to talk.... yet mostly she knew what happened to shioons mother and by saying that she wanted to make him belive that she cant pick up the phone becouse she works really hard.... but in reality she cant pick up the phone becouse she has been beaten up to the point where its hard to tell what her condition is.... so she simpyl cant pick up the phone...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves