AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-30, 17:35   Link #221
romulusx5

how about a thread to discuss what the ending is going to be...in the manga.

I read somewhere that the author plans to end the series in volume 25.
Old 2007-10-30, 17:37   Link #222
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Volume 25 is so far off that it seems pointless to start speculating now. Far too much is still unknown for us to even begin to know where this will end. Maybe once we're on volume 20 or so it will seem reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcananine77 View Post
I would like for a thread discussing the battles/action sequences in the series.

Subjects could vary from the best fights, to the quality of certain battles, to how well the anime managed to animate the fights and so forth.
I don't really see the need, but if others agree with you I could be persuaded.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-30, 18:28   Link #223
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Idea: Claymore DeathMatch

Pitting the various Claymores in one-on-one battles against other Claymores and the various AB that we know of. Claymores from any and all generations can be put up against each other.

Well, that was my inital idea but certain things would have to be implimented so that it will not degrade into one-on-one popularity poll. Certain things like no one-liner replies that go along the lines of 'Galatea will win because she's so cool'. Heaven forbid that someone answers like that....-_-; I'm working out some other odd details as I go but input would be nice.
Old 2007-10-31, 02:59   Link #224
Arcananine77

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Volume 25 is so far off that it seems pointless to start speculating now. Far too much is still unknown for us to even begin to know where this will end. Maybe once we're on volume 20 or so it will seem reasonable.

I don't really see the need, but if others agree with you I could be persuaded.
I think it would be quite fitting. Seeing as a large part of this series' appeal lies in its excellent action-sequences. It IS an action-series afterall. Albeit with a good storyline.
Also, it would make for the ideal place to discuss every fight in the series. Rather than just the thread for the respective episode(s) of that fight.
On top of that, it could also be a nice place to speculate on future fights.

And that's pretty much my reason for requesting it.
Old 2007-10-31, 03:13   Link #225
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Idea: Claymore DeathMatch
Absolutely not. We've got a strict "No games" policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcananine77 View Post
I think it would be quite fitting. Seeing as a large part of this series' appeal lies in its excellent action-sequences. It IS an action-series afterall. Albeit with a good storyline.
Also, it would make for the ideal place to discuss every fight in the series. Rather than just the thread for the respective episode(s) of that fight.
On top of that, it could also be a nice place to speculate on future fights.

And that's pretty much my reason for requesting it.
I'm not convinced. I just don't see the need to have a single thread for discussing every fight. I notice that in the various episode discussions, the fights are not what creates the most discussion. To create this thread now, after the anime has already finished airing and being subbed makes it even less useful.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-04, 06:38   Link #226
Arcananine77

Ok, if you don't consider it useful. Then it's off the hook.

I do have one final suggestion though. I think a thread discussing the Organization would be interesting.
Old 2007-11-05, 03:27   Link #227
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

There is some discussion of the Organization in the World of Claymore thread.

Old 2007-11-12, 18:48   Link #228
Ekoko

Is it within reason to request for a advertisment to be made for any who would like to participate in an upcoming claymore RP forums? I would just like to post a link and a decent description of how it will be run and plot, etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 2007-11-12, 22:52   Link #229
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It is our policy to consider such advertisements to be spam unless they are in an appropriate place. We certainly wouldn't create a new thread for the subject.

Since you asked nicely, you may post about your RP forum in the fanfiction thread. Unless you think that another thread is more appropriate? (You may only post once.)

Old 2007-11-16, 12:42   Link #230
QuickSilverD
Claymore fan

Hello there, I’m new here (an Unproven user you could say) but don’t worry my intentions are good. Now I don’t see it the Claymore forum any speculation thread for the manga –uhmp let me check- nope I don’t see anything like that.

Maybe you guys do the speculation in the latest manga chapter or something, but I wanted to make a speculation thread about a very specific matter, is more like a “what if” thread cause it is something that may never happen though not impossible.

So I registered yesterday and didn’t realize that new threads can’t be created, it is ironic because I spend some part of yesterday writing this. Well the thread I wanted to create goes something like this (I hope it goes doesn’t breaks any of the rules here)

The Following discussion requires that each and every participant have already completely watched the 26 anime episodes and at least be familiarized with the manga (perfectly have read all the chapters)

I’m aware about the non-spoiler rules of this forum, however I don’t think we can discuss this hypothetical situation without discussing the anime ending and the current manga, so consider this whole thread as an Spoiler Fest.

You have been warned, I take no responsibility for any unwanted surprise you may find here.

If youre aware of the spoilers rules then why are you posting spoilers here...
~Manju

Well what do you think? Think is good enough like to deserve its own thread.

Or if not you guys could make a "Manga Speculation Thread", like I said I don't see anything like that in this forum, at least not in the first two pages, and that Spoiler venting thread doesn't seems to be much about speculating future events

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-11-26 at 13:01. Reason: removed spoiler
Old 2007-11-26, 10:56   Link #231
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

QuickSilverD, very interesting. There are huge debates erupting all over the place mostly about the Priscilla vs. Teresa fight which is being carried over into the Clare vs Priscilla fight. Mods will probably slap me if I start it up in this thread, but the stats thread or japanese manga thread seems to be where most of that discussion is going on, you could just post that same comment in there and see who bites. It could get interesting .

I also thought of a new thread idea; Hypothetical Claymore Live Action. Who would you cast, who would direct, what would you want it to look like. Not sure if it would be in English or Japanese, but that doesn't matter. Bringing back actors from the dead is fine (so I could cast Mifune Toshiro from yojimbo as Rigald and have him animated by the guys at squaresoft with moves choreographed by the parkour guys from France ) and pictures would be appreciated so we could see who people are talking about. Silly idea, but I thought it might be fun. I did the same thing way back in 2nd grade with X-men and when they made the movie almost a decade later we actually still had some of the people right.

I thought it might be fun to figure out who looks like or acts like the characters in the claymore world. If we don't make one or there is no interest I might just start putting them in the image thread by myself... maybe.
Old 2007-11-26, 11:59   Link #232
hierophant
anime freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster
QuickSilverD, very interesting. There are huge debates erupting all over the place mostly about the Priscilla vs. Teresa fight which is being carried over into the Clare vs Priscilla fight. Mods will probably slap me if I start it up in this thread, but the stats thread or japanese manga thread seems to be where most of that discussion is going on, you could just post that same comment in there and see who bites. It could get interesting .
I agree with QuickSilverD, i think it need a speculation thread as I have seen many off-topic speculations out there, and no good place to put it. Why not creating "general speculations" thread?

Last edited by hierophant; 2007-11-26 at 23:53. Reason: removed spoilers for a reason!
Old 2007-11-26, 12:09   Link #233
Sassarai
Army of One

Seeing how over 90 percent of the posts are off the wall speculations these days. I think a speculation thread would be a great idea.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-11-26 at 12:58. Reason: removed spoiler
Old 2007-11-26, 12:58   Link #234
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Out of curiousity, why cant you speculate in the Claymore manga thread? And please dont post spoilers in the request thread....this is just that not a place to discuss the manga.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-11-26, 21:31   Link #235
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Like we need a new thread for random baseless imaginings... We get enough of that in the already existing threads without creating a home for them.

Old 2007-11-26, 21:46   Link #236
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

What about hypothetical live action movie thread ?
Old 2007-11-27, 00:07   Link #237
hierophant
anime freak

Quote:
Like we need a new thread for random baseless imaginings... We get enough of that in the already existing threads without creating a home for them.
That is the point: create a thread for it because there is no place to put it, so people randomly distribute off-topic speculation through the threads. I know I do

Imagine I want speculate about the true purposes of the Organization (in the manga). The only current choices are:
- manga current chapter discussion
- Claymore - Manga Discussion Thread... oops, it was closed :/

Anyway it would be off topic (unless the current chapter would reveal more of it)

Last edited by hierophant; 2007-11-27 at 00:23. Reason: Just figured out the manga thread was closed
Old 2007-11-27, 00:21   Link #238
Gooral
Banned

And why not ? Why do You need a special place for that, another one where 90% of someone's reply would be quotes ? I don't think there is a need to make another particular thread when there are a few general threads (such as Japanese manga, manga current discussion thread or [Jap-Manga] Claymore Statistics, Power Levels, and Theories). I think the way it is is best, but as for now it's 4:1 to Your advantage, and it wouldn't bother me that much so whatever.
Old 2007-11-27, 01:19   Link #239
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hierophant View Post
Imagine I want speculate about the true purposes of the Organization (in the manga). The only current choices are:
- manga current chapter discussion
- Claymore - Manga Discussion Thread... oops, it was closed :/

Anyway it would be off topic (unless the current chapter would reveal more of it)
You forgot World of Claymore. Discuss the Organization there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hierophant View Post
That is the point: create a thread for it because there is no place to put it, so people randomly distribute off-topic speculation through the threads. I know I do
Experience tells me that we won't much get less of that in other threads. We'll just get a whole thread more.

Anyway, we're not creating a generic random nonsense thread for people to post any strange shit that pops into their skulls.

Old 2007-11-27, 03:15   Link #240
hierophant
anime freak

Quote:
Anyway, we're not creating a generic random nonsense thread for people to post any strange shit that pops into their skulls.
With a chapter coming per month, "strange shit that pops into our skulls" is the only thing we have from it.
Closed Thread