AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-01-15, 13:16   Link #22241
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

A little sad? Honey, you need to put better warning labels on your angsty one-shots.

On that note I'll just be over here... in the corner... crying for poor Subaru. It's always easier back then, isn't it?
Glad you liked

I didn't want to label it as angsty, per se, since to me at least I don't think it quite falls into angst....I tried to write a Subaru-angst piece, but it came out....melancholy and kind of mature and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Very well written. I really felt for Subaru there but I still liked seeing some Teana/Vice >_<
Thanks for the comment ^^, and while I don't particularly like Teana/Vice, I have to admit they do have honest potential from the canon

EDIT: Page claim for pseudo-angst!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 13:41   Link #22242
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
It's not like I'm done completely with writing. I actually still have the spark and want to work on my stories, because the ideas and scenes and plot are bouncing around in my head and I have a good idea of where I want the characters to go, I just don't have the energy or the interest to sit down at a computer and work on anything. I guess it's also safe to say that I've gotten so used to co-writing projects that the thought of going back to my solo work is a little daunting.
Well, I can't speak for others, but I'm usually willing to lend a hand with things. Whether proof-reading, or plot help, or working out a scene. But good to know you haven't given up.

Suggest you just watch Nanoha from the beginning. That's what I do to sit at the computer sometimes, heh.

Quote:
You drive a hard bargain, sir.
Spoiler for sneak peak just for RB:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 16:05   Link #22243
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Suggest you just watch Nanoha from the beginning. That's what I do to sit at the computer sometimes, heh.
Actually, right now what's tripping me up big time is my major Sailor Moon fic. Besides, I don't know how much rewatching Nanoha would help since both of my chapter fics for the series draw heavily from Triangle Heart canon, and my ViCia series is more based in StrikerS.

Quote:
Spoiler for sneak peak just for RB:
... Why am I not surprised at all?
Old 2010-01-15, 18:24   Link #22244
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Glad you liked

I didn't want to label it as angsty, per se, since to me at least I don't think it quite falls into angst....I tried to write a Subaru-angst piece, but it came out....melancholy and kind of mature and stuff
Nah...angsty. I mean, she's running out on her best friend's wedding (which she'd pretty much be guaranteed to be asked to be Maid of Honor for) and not even telling her about it, because of unrequited love? Yeah...angst.

Quote:
Thanks for the comment ^^, and while I don't particularly like Teana/Vice, I have to admit they do have honest potential from the canon
Ironically, one of the few het ships in the franchise I actually prefer to the yuri. (I like the goofball-and-tsundere dance for what it is, but I don't like it as something concealing deeper feelings. Subaru and Tea work better as best friends and part-time manzai act, IHMO).

All that aside, I liked the fic.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 18:29   Link #22245
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Nah...angsty. I mean, she's running out on her best friend's wedding (which she'd pretty much be guaranteed to be asked to be Maid of Honor for) and not even telling her about it, because of unrequited love? Yeah...angst.
I knew one day I'd find someone who shares my defintion of angst!

So why is it I feel no urge to work on my current stories, yet I'm being bombarded by ideas and plots for new ones? That makes no sense!
Old 2010-01-15, 18:31   Link #22246
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Because your writing motivation is temporarily gone, but your thoughts are unstoppable no matter what.

Speaking from experience.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 18:54   Link #22247
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
LOL, I totally forgot about that! I meant more that her choice wasn't entirely based upon unrequited love, and she didn't all of a sudden pull away from her family or jump into contracts without giving them lots of thought . But I suppose running out on the best friend's wedding tips the short into the "angst" territory, eh?

Quote:
So why is it I feel no urge to work on my current stories, yet I'm being bombarded by ideas and plots for new ones? That makes no sense!
Because bunnies breed bunnies?
Old 2010-01-15, 18:57   Link #22248
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
I knew one day I'd find someone who shares my defintion of angst!

I think of angst as being emotional suffering when it's raw and active and causing you to change your behavior. If angst is an open wound on the psyche, melancholy is when it scabs over...

What Atomico said. Your creativity hasn't gone away; you just lack the energy to sit down and do the grunt-work of cranking out the pages.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 18:58   Link #22249
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
What Atomico said. Your creativity hasn't gone away; you just lack the energy to sit down and do the grunt-work of cranking out the pages.
I guess I should take that as a good sign, then. If my creativity went away one day, I'd really be in trouble!
Old 2010-01-15, 20:05   Link #22250
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:

Ironically, one of the few het ships in the franchise I actually prefer to the yuri. (I like the goofball-and-tsundere dance for what it is, but I don't like it as something concealing deeper feelings. Subaru and Tea work better as best friends and part-time manzai act, IHMO).

All that aside, I liked the fic.
Well I guess on the bright side, when Ix wakes up ten years later she's going find Subaru very single...
Old 2010-01-16, 00:45   Link #22251
Majestic Flame
Maniac with a Chainsaw

Despite my better judgement, I might actually start writing the Nanoha AU Zombie Apocalypse fic.
Meh, maybe it'll be the one fic that'll finally give me the motivation I need to start writing more. Though, I never attempted to write horror before mostly because I'm a scaredy cat...
Old 2010-01-16, 01:59   Link #22252
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
I have a ton of fun writing the Logs with you ^^.

But I'm also waiting eagerly for updates on both Bless The Broken Road and ViCia, so whatever is good for you, is good for me, Mistress!
*cough* Me too, I'm also waiting on updates for BtBR, *smiles at RB*

Quote:
One-shot. Something a little sad ...

Spoiler for When One Door Closes:

Wow. That was… Oh, Subaru *hugs*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I'm always interested in new fanfiction sites. ff.net could use some competition.
Archive of Our Own or (AO3) is still in its Beta version but they're open for sign up but it'll take a few days before you get in because of the Beta status. But so far I'm loving it. It's like a fanfiction site version of Livejournal, a platform which I really love.

Quote:
Yes and no. I have several ideas floating around in my head, that I'm tempted to start writing for. But I have enough on my plate with Red Jewel Diaries, and fleshing out the two sequels to that in my Crisis universe. From past experience, I know if I start writing multiple series, I'll get burnt out, confused, and/or lose my enjoyment with the fandom. So I've found my secret is to concentrate on as few things as possible, although I'll toss out humorous one-shots as the ideas hit me, if they are clear enough in my head and easy enough to write.
I *try* to do that but scenes from other stories keep interrupting against my better judgment and I find myself following that thread of thought rather than concentrating on the story I was already working on. Or, as I've said, I get stuck on the technicalities of the plot which is really annoying especially when all I want to do is get to that really cool idea but before I can do that I have to wade through the plot and the complications and then I get blocked and worry about accuracy & etc., *sigh*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic Flame
Despite my better judgement, I might actually start writing the Nanoha AU Zombie Apocalypse fic.
Most awesome. I love Zombie Apocafics!

In my opinion stories become a lot better with added zombies!
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 15:48   Link #22253
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
*cough* Me too, I'm also waiting on updates for BtBR, *smiles at RB*
*glares at chapter 10* It's being stubborn, I tell you. Stubborn and difficult. It keeps insisting that I add backstory to it when I don't know how to put the idea into words and how to lead up to the chapter conclusion that I want.
Old 2010-01-16, 19:23   Link #22254
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4 AlternativeS 5
Spoiler for AlternativeS 6-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 6-2:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 6-3:
Spoiler for Alternatives 6-4:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 6-5:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 6-6 (sorry for the delay!):
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 19:37   Link #22255
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Evil! EVIL I TELL YOU! Just like I said before! EVIL!

Very very nice. Evil...but nice. Go Alicia!

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 22:09   Link #22256
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

@Satashi: Poor Nanoha....she's really pining after Fate, and Fate cares about her but she's definitely staying loyal to her version of Nanoha...this is all looking to be sad all around!

.....*waves Alt!Nanoha and Alt!Hayate flag....*
Old 2010-01-16, 22:21   Link #22257
Nijiru

Or Alt!Nanoha and Alicia. Or the three of them. Or maybe that's cause I'm crazy?
Old 2010-01-16, 22:48   Link #22258
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

@Satashi: Still supporting Alt!Nanoha and Fate. *wink* :3 But poor Nanoha...
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:08   Link #22259
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

*blink*
[Un-beta-ed]
My Guardian Angel
Chapter 3: Spread Out Your Wings and Fly...[New]

Previous:

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: And a Fallen Angel has Descended upon Us...

Spoiler:
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:42   Link #22260
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I suppose I'm one of the few who doesn't feel much in the way of sympathy for Alt!Nanoha. I'm sorry Nanoha, but trying to steal away someone so dedicated to the one she loves and crying over it when you fail? That doesn't exactly score high on my 'poor girl' radar.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha