Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-08, 23:13   Link #1481
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that Shiro is prob both white and black kings making him the colorless one by default and ties into why K is shown the way it is on the promo poster.
good point

edit: if shiro is both black and white who is the villian(masked guy)??? a strain???

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-08 at 23:29.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 23:45   Link #1482
mayumi

I was looking at the pictures in red and blue side novels. I wonder if anyone can give us the gist of it. The red side looks funny with naked yata pic while the blue seems a bit serious. In the blue novel the old commander who was under the previous king had lost his arm. Perhaps after having to kill the previous blue king whose sword went out of control.
Also it looks like munakata was protected by a blue member when some guy shot at him. They keep talking about how previous red king sword fell. But they omit the part about blue king losing control over his sword.

What are the chances it could repeat again. Suoh's sword might fall while munakata's might go out of control?
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 00:11   Link #1483
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
good point

edit: if shiro is both black and white who is the villian(masked guy)??? a strain???
Prob his white self. The colorless king was a trickster that agitated the other kings. He's the wildcard in the power struggles. Shiro has done the most damage by using his brain and not by using his powers.
Old 2012-12-09, 00:15   Link #1484
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

I thought it was pretty clear from all the colored bottles that Kuroh took out in episode 3 that the 7 kings are Silver, Gold, Red, Blue, Green, Black and Colorless(represented by white because that's what most people think of when they hear 'colorless', even though it's technically transparent)...

If the Colorless King is the Black King, why go out of the way to call him the "Colorless" king instead of just the "Black" king? It makes no sense.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 00:25   Link #1485
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
If the Colorless King is the Black King, why go out of the way to call him the "Colorless" king instead of just the "Black" king? It makes no sense.
Agreed. The show has been pretty consistent at laying out the detail via animation or by those snippets of information and then furthering the story based on those details. I also think it doesn't make much sense that Shiro is both black and white. .... Not at this juncture of the story anyway.....
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 00:29   Link #1486
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
I thought it was pretty clear from all the colored bottles that Kuroh took out in episode 3 that the 7 kings are Silver, Gold, Red, Blue, Green, Black and Colorless(represented by white because that's what most people think of when they hear 'colorless', even though it's technically transparent)...

well if colorless is white, why kuro nick name is "black" and his power color is black instead of "white" or "colorless" he use the same color of the black bottle if him a "colorless follower" why not use the same color power of the king and again is wrong say who "colorless is white instead of black if u going to the what real means black and white.

Quote:
Prob his white self. The colorless king was a trickster that agitated the other kings. He's the wildcard in the power struggles. Shiro has done the most damage by using his brain and not by using his powers.
but unless shiro have a twin is impossible to him to be at 2 places at same time.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-09 at 00:41.
Old 2012-12-09, 06:31   Link #1487
gophercg

In episode 7, Shiro reveals his sword, but didn't confirm whether he's silver king or black/white. A lot of posts already mentioned similarities between Shiro's personality & gestures to old Weissman in Germany, and the glowing swords look similar.
This episode Munakata mentioned colorless has unique ability for each generation - a joker, which suggests colorless = bodyswapper/devour ability, who's last seen as a black-haired student behind the fox mask.
Maybe Shiro is silver + white 2 souls in one? Or black, since K's never clear what colorless refers to. In the arts, black maybe colorless, but white is a synonym of colorless in the dictionary.

Nice to see Anna can see people's "true colors". Hopefully she can reveal Shiro's. I've been curious why Suoh wears a Star of Life necklace? Guessing it's a gift from Totsuka, since it's a EMS medic symbol & Totsuka believes his power is to protect people. Izumo did well to remind Suoh of that ideal, though he did sound like a retired old man.

If Shiro showed himself on the bridge, Munakata would've gotten his wish of killing him, and Homra would've stormed out of the school to finish him, leaving all students safely. But Neko says returning home is a must...
gophercg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 07:18   Link #1488
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
well if colorless is white, why kuro nick name is "black" and his power color is black instead of "white" or "colorless" he use the same color of the black bottle if him a "colorless follower" why not use the same color power of the king and again is wrong say who "colorless is white instead of black if u going to the what real means black and white.
It's a homonym.

Kuroh's full name is Yatogami Kurou (夜刀神 狗朗)...

'kuro' (黒) means black, and the first kanji for his given name is one of the characters for 'dog', hence, 'black dog'.

The colorless king is literally named as such: 'mushiki no ou' - mu (無) meaning nothing, and shiki (色) meaning colour.

Quote:
but unless shiro have a twin is impossible to him to be at 2 places at same time.
The whole point of the previous and current episodes, I thought, was to hint at the strong likelihood that the current Shiro is actually the silver king (Weissmann), and that the current colourless king used to be in that body - until the night that Totsuka was killed, after which he took over Weissmann's body. The whereabouts (or body) of the current colourless king is still unknown, but it also seems clear that his power, which changes with each incarnation, is to swap his consciousness with that of others.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 09:50   Link #1489
orion

Quote:

If he can swap bodies or control people via augmented telepathy (like getting a boost from those cellphones), then he can be at 2 places at once. Also if he has a second personality, like Paradox, then he can be 2 kings in one body. The whole point of the 7 bottles is probl that no one has seen all 7 kings at the same time. It's not like they had a reunion and did a group pic. The Silver king was in a blimp, so he could actually get to the black king location in the mountains if he had to. Just get conveniently dropped off and picked up at a set location.
Old 2012-12-09, 10:34   Link #1490
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
If he can swap bodies or control people via augmented telepathy (like getting a boost from those cellphones), then he can be at 2 places at once. Also if he has a second personality, like Paradox, then he can be 2 kings in one body. The whole point of the 7 bottles is probl that no one has seen all 7 kings at the same time. It's not like they had a reunion and did a group pic. The Silver king was in a blimp, so he could actually get to the black king location in the mountains if he had to. Just get conveniently dropped off and picked up at a set location.
again this is the problem how ie can be "acting bad" with kuro and neko at him side???, and what us get who his power is not mind control but "take over the body" or body swap this means he can't mind control others and even if him can, he can't do this in front of kuro and neko and get one shot killed by kuro after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
It's a homonym.

'kuro' (黒) means black, and the first kanji for his given name is one of the characters for 'dog', hence, 'black dog'.

The colorless king is literally named as such: 'mushiki no ou' - mu (無) meaning nothing, and shiki (色) meaning colour.
mine point is because kuro powers being black and him a colorless king vassal this means who the colorless king is the black(who is the absent of color=no color=colorless) because white king dont have logical being the colorless like someone told colorles or is transparent or black white is a color and the false nick name of shiro also means white who means maybe he can be the white king.
Old 2012-12-09, 10:59   Link #1491
orion

Quote:
again this is the problem how ie can be "acting bad" with kuro and neko at him side???, and what us get who his power is not mind control but "take over the body" or body swap this means he can't mind control others and even if him can, he can't do this in front of kuro and neko and get one shot killed by kuro after that.
He needs to only develop a headache and go to a restroom. I agree that it is easier to do it with 2 people in 2 different roles but Saint Seiya pulled it off with Paradox.
Old 2012-12-09, 11:13   Link #1492
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I think I'm going to go with 'Shiro's actually Weissman in another body'...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 11:23   Link #1493
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
mine point is because kuro powers being black and him a colorless king vassal this means who the colorless king is the black(who is the absent of color=no color=colorless) because white king dont have logical being the colorless like someone told colorles or is transparent or black white is a color and the false nick name of shiro also means white who means maybe he can be the white king.
Er...how are Kuro's powers 'black'?

Besides that, does it really matter at this stage which of the colours of the visual spectrum (which is different from the colours used in painting etc) the so-called 'colourless' king represents? Those little spice vessels were just representative, so until someone names the rest of the kings and goes into their powers, the issue really is moot.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 11:33   Link #1494
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Yeah, I don't get the impression that Kuroh's powers are 'BLACK" other than his nickname...he was basically King Aizen's second in command...

I know this show isn't doing too good in Japan...though I have my fingers crossed for a second season...if only to answer all of the questions that this season asked, especially in regards to all of the Kings. Interesting that the Green group seems to be the only ones not involved in things.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 11:50   Link #1495
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Yeah, I don't get the impression that Kuroh's powers are 'BLACK" other than his nickname...he was basically King Aizen's second in command...

I know this show isn't doing too good in Japan...though I have my fingers crossed for a second season...if only to answer all of the questions that this season asked, especially in regards to all of the Kings. Interesting that the Green group seems to be the only ones not involved in things.
the color of the arm who kuro can project is black(not exactly totally black because of the color contrast but is a dark color). me too i liked too much that anime even besides he sometimes have the "BL" vibes, the story is very good i think the problem of the sales is exactly this "BL" vibes i think almost of the otakus are hetero bl hates and dont like this genre even if this anime not a totally bl but still have some vibs who is enough to not have a good sale.
Old 2012-12-09, 12:33   Link #1496
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
the color of the arm who kuro can project is black(not exactly totally black because of the color contrast but is a dark color). me too i liked too much that anime even besides he sometimes have the "BL" vibes, the story is very good i think the problem of the sales is exactly this "BL" vibes i think almost of the otakus are hetero bl hates and dont like this genre even if this anime not a totally bl but still have some vibs who is enough to not have a good sale.
Kuro's phantom arm looks transparent with a blue tint (due to the filter) to me, not black.
Old 2012-12-09, 12:45   Link #1497
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kuro's phantom arm looks transparent with a blue tint (due to the filter) to me, not black.
for me look much more purple and because of the pattern colors of the anime background is the most close to black u can get withou become outside the context of colors.

edit: if u loo to the "black" bottle on the screen who i posted u gona see the "black" dont look all that "black" too, look much more a Dark blue or purple. the same of the arm.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-09 at 13:05.
Old 2012-12-09, 13:23   Link #1498
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
It's a homonym.

The whole point of the previous and current episodes, I thought, was to hint at the strong likelihood that the current Shiro is actually the silver king (Weissmann), and that the current colourless king used to be in that body - until the night that Totsuka was killed, after which he took over Weissmann's body. The whereabouts (or body) of the current colourless king is still unknown, but it also seems clear that his power, which changes with each incarnation, is to swap his consciousness with that of others.
Quoting for the voice of reason.

Quote:
the color of the arm who kuro can project is black(not exactly totally black because of the color contrast but is a dark color).
Spoiler:

I don't know what kind of responsivity spectrum your cones need to have in order for you to see it as 'black' or 'dark color' when it totally looks to me as transparent with a bluish tint.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:31   Link #1499
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Quoting for the voice of reason.

Spoiler:

I don't know what kind of responsivity spectrum your cones need to have in order for you to see it as 'black' or 'dark color' when it totally looks to me as transparent with a bluish tint.
Spoiler for color:

edit another good exemple:
Spoiler for red:

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-09 at 13:53.
Old 2012-12-09, 14:14   Link #1500
orion

Maybe our color perception is being altered by which territories the fights are taking place in. Paricipant's hue changes if not in his/her home territory. But an arguement can be made for Kuro being the colorless king's vassal now due to those shots.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural