AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-30, 08:09   Link #181
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

How about some parallel episode threads where all posters agree to

(1) never mention the manga at all and only talk about the anime as presented
(2) agree not to complain about Raki?

There's now little real content in the episode threads because of the density of complaints about how the anime diverges from the manga and the sheer volume of anti-Raki postings from that segment of the audience.
Old 2007-08-30, 09:59   Link #182
kenshin20080

the restriction could keep the forum tidy,however,it also make here cold and cheerless.
Old 2007-08-30, 10:23   Link #183
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
How about some parallel episode threads where all posters agree to

(1) never mention the manga at all and only talk about the anime as presented
(2) agree not to complain about Raki?

There's now little real content in the episode threads because of the density of complaints about how the anime diverges from the manga and the sheer volume of anti-Raki postings from that segment of the audience.

imho, about Raki... he is part of the show, so I guess people should be able to complain about his scenes in the episode, if so they wish...
Old 2007-08-30, 10:56   Link #184
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Obviously I made this suggestion somewhat in jest. On the other hand, there already is a whole thread for people to complain about Raki so they can take it there. Also most of the anti-Raki flaming is devoid of actual content and tends to be repeated "he's a wuss" types of comments.

I also don't see why these limits would make an episode discussion "cold and cheerless." That suggests that the content of the anime itself is not capable of maintaining a active dialogue among its fans. If that were true, why would we be watching it? I also didn't suggest ending the current episode discussions either, so if you find a thread without bitching about manga deviations and anti-Raki flaming "cold and cheerless" you can continue to read the normal threads where such behavior is par for the course.

Maybe I should just limit my viewing choices to anime-original stories like Mononoke or ones drawn from novels or stage plays like Seirei no Moribito and Oh! Edo Rocket. Oh wait, I've already started to move in that direction.
Old 2007-08-30, 19:42   Link #185
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin20080 View Post
the restriction could keep the forum tidy,however,it also make here cold and cheerless.
I agree somewhat. I think the essential problem is that the recent eps were slowly turned into DBZ. There is little content to discuss, except for bashing Tenchi Jr. and talking about manga, which has content, I guess. I don't read manga here so I don't really know.

Besides, "the Raki discussion" thread is for serious discussion.

Please let's not start with the "if you don't like the show, don't watch it." The same can be replied as "if you don't like the comments, don't read them."
Old 2007-08-31, 02:52   Link #186
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I agree somewhat. I think the essential problem is that the recent eps were slowly turned into DBZ. There is little content to discuss, except for bashing Tenchi Jr. and talking about manga, which has content, I guess. I don't read manga here so I don't really know.
I happen to like Tenchi!

Is there anyone I admire that you guys won't bash? ;.;
Old 2007-09-01, 02:36   Link #187
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondy View Post
I thought the 2nd favorite character poll will start after ep. 20, what happened?
After some consideration I think it will be best to wait for the final episode to start the second poll. That way anime and manga fans alike can vote evenly without prejudice. Two polls should be quite enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferozban View Post
I would like to request a thread about speculating about the future Claymore Extra Scenes and the Stories they'll tell
Way too limited (and minor) a topic to create a thread for. Though I admit that the massive amount of discussion for each chapter is making me think I should create a chapter thread for the new chapter once a month.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-09-01, 03:31   Link #188
zato_1one

Oh! welcome back NoSanninWa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Though I admit that the massive amount of discussion for each chapter is making me think I should create a chapter thread for the new chapter once a month.
I agree this series has already in the long run. It deserves its own thread for each chapter just like Bleach, Naruto.
Old 2007-09-05, 18:36   Link #189
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I would like to start one that poses the question:

Do you think what goes on during the claymore's mind effect the outcome of their awakened being form?

The reason i want to ask this question is because in episode 23...she wanted to become faster, and so her legs awakened and looked like a horse. So maybe what goes on in their minds at the time control what they look like. And if that holds true...then they can model themselves, say have their right arm super fast, left arm stretch like helens and have their leg like clares...super fast lol
Old 2007-09-06, 02:01   Link #190
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I agree this series has already in the long run. It deserves its own thread for each chapter just like Bleach, Naruto.
And starting with this chapter it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I would like to start one that poses the question:

Do you think what goes on during the claymore's mind effect the outcome of their awakened being form?

The reason i want to ask this question is because in episode 23...she wanted to become faster, and so her legs awakened and looked like a horse. So maybe what goes on in their minds at the time control what they look like. And if that holds true...then they can model themselves, say have their right arm super fast, left arm stretch like helens and have their leg like clares...super fast lol
I think that this question can be asked and answered in the Biology thread. Actually, it has already been discussed there.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:47   Link #191
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

ok lol sorry, im an anime watcher, not a manga reader so didn't get that far until recently
Old 2007-09-07, 18:31   Link #192
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Instead of "[Manga] Spoiler venting thread (about anime) for Claymore", how bout' the reverse: (anime) spoiler venting thread (about the manga)"?

Obviously, the manga readers aren't exactly getting along with the anime watchers...
Old 2007-09-10, 14:02   Link #193
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Darn manga purists...XD Always a few with every title. :sings: Can't we all just get along....
Old 2007-09-26, 13:30   Link #194
Taylor_Maclaurin

What about deleting previous threads 1-20 episodes and make new one related to Claymore episodes 1-26 overall with a poll. For example I would rate Claymore 7-8 overall, but there is no place to express my opinion.
Old 2007-09-26, 13:35   Link #195
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Maclaurin View Post
What about deleting previous threads 1-20 episodes and make new one related to Claymore episodes 1-26 overall with a poll. For example I would rate Claymore 7-8 overall, but there is no place to express my opinion.
And why in the world should we delete the threads from episode 1 to 20?

As for the thread meant for an overall discussion/series' commentary and rating, it will come soon, stay sure. We usually create it a few days after the series has ended, so you just need a bit of patience and it'll be here. It's become an automatic process in our subforums management.
Old 2007-09-27, 05:37   Link #196
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I was thinking of a thread to discuss the Nature of Awakend beings. I mean are they truely evil without any sense of humanity? You see some of the awakend beings and they go on a rampage and killing , but Abyssals are a bit diffrent than others. So basically some are of Viloent nature and some are alot more calm ( Like Easly and other Abyssal which i forgot the name of).

Or even a Thread to discuss what is their real goals. Well i would rather it being anime based discussion if we could only have one thread .
Old 2007-09-27, 14:33   Link #197
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Great idea, however you're not the first one to think of this. This thread has already been created and is currently 9 pages long.
The Morality of Awakened Beings

Old 2007-09-27, 16:57   Link #198
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Great idea, however you're not the first one to think of this. This thread has already been created and is currently 9 pages long.
More like it was created out of sheer necessity...
Old 2007-09-27, 19:47   Link #199
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Oh , How did i ever missed that .
Old 2007-09-27, 20:08   Link #200
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
More like it was created out of sheer necessity...
it was also created in the same vein as the Raki discussion thread...lots of negative emotions.