AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-07-01, 01:21   Link #32061
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Oh, that would be interesting! Since Ein's memories are all about driving her to become stronger to protect what she failed to protect, and if Olivie is actually Olivie then she didn't need that protection in the first place (or alternately, that Klaus succeeded in saving her from whatever it was that she needed saving from), that whole burden that she carries...that, indeed, her entire family has carried since Ancient Belkan days...is reduced to a wrong-headed footnote!

Still can't wait to see Vivio meet Olivie...
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 01:25   Link #32062
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for Kaiser Mom 10:
Based on how Fate perceive Alicia, shouldn't the 'verse follow the "clones are your siblings" line of thought instead of "clones are your children"?
Old 2011-07-01, 01:47   Link #32063
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Spoiler for Kaiser Mom 10:
Seeing that "Kaiser" is the German word for "Emperor" shouldn't it be the "Belkan Imperial Family Hierarchy" rather than the "Royal" family? I know the fandom has been calling the Sankt Kaiser the Saint King for a very long time, but an Emperor is a step up from King.
Old 2011-07-01, 01:50   Link #32064
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I've been wondering about that too (that's why I prefer the term Sankt Kaiser). Maybe Good Kingdom/Republic, Evil Empire is at effect?
Old 2011-07-01, 06:42   Link #32065
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Based on how Fate perceive Alicia, shouldn't the 'verse follow the "clones are your siblings" line of thought instead of "clones are your children"?
Good point, which ties in better with the "Aunt" comment near the end.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 08:24   Link #32066
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
So... what is this noodle incident I've been hearing about?

An event left to the reader/audience's imagination.
Old 2011-07-01, 08:28   Link #32067
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
I completely forgot about Einhart. Where is Kaiser Mom in the timeline?
I set the date as April 0077, about two years before ViVid and one year before Sound Stage X.

Edit: I also changed the word Royal Family to Imperial Family in my master draft although I'm not sure ultimately which term I should go with since they could have different meanings.

Also, there have been instances of clones being taken in as children like Ginga and Subaru being robotic clones of Quint.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!

Last edited by Yasanagi; 2011-07-01 at 09:30.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 11:09   Link #32068
Eagle8819

I need some thoughts (unrelated to current discussions).

Or opinions, I suppose, but I digress. What do you guys perceive to be the interaction dynamics between Fate and Yuuno? As childhood friends in general, and more or less just good and great friends in the later years.

Getting them to talk has proved to be a challenge, and finding a topic aside from Nanoha, jewel seeds and cases even more so.
Eagle8819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 11:18   Link #32069
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle8819 View Post

Or opinions, I suppose, but I digress. What do you guys perceive to be the interaction dynamics between Fate and Yuuno? As childhood friends in general, and more or less just good and great friends in the later years.

Getting them to talk has proved to be a challenge, and finding a topic aside from Nanoha, jewel seeds and cases even more so.
It's hard to say, since honestly... Yuuno did not interact with Fate much. Even when they were in the same scene they almost never spoke. I never got the impression they were super-good friends, and thus work might very well be their main conversation topic.

On the other hand, they're both Mid natives. You can make up Midchildan music, books, artists. Things that two quiet intellectuals from an alien world would bond over that Nanoha might not know about.
Old 2011-07-01, 11:49   Link #32070
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Also, there have been instances of clones being taken in as children like Ginga and Subaru being robotic clones of Quint.
CMIIW, but I thought Quint adopted them without knowing they're her clone (they look alike, but that's it) and the revelation came afterward(while Quint is still alive IIRC, but after they've already been adopted)?
Old 2011-07-01, 11:52   Link #32071
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
CMIIW, but I thought Quint adopted them without knowing they're her clone (they look alike, but that's it) and the revelation came afterward?
Actually, I don't remember that being said directly to Subaru and Ginga anywhere. I think this was infered by Zest somewhere, but not exactly set in stone as the truth.

@Eagle8819

I think the dynamics between the two depend a lot on what you want to write. I can be a lot of subtext, since both are the quiet, shy type, but it can also be that they talk a lot since they are childhood friends.

I believe Yuuno's personality to be the most malleable between the two, since he was demoted to extra by StrikerS, and the 'personality' we know from him is from when he was nine. Fate's personallity is more set, but there's still room for change, so all you really need to do is create the situation that would lead them to talk.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 12:06   Link #32072
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Found it. Episode 23 of StrikerS, Subaru's flashback. Quint had already adopted them as her children before Mariel Atenza ran some tests and concluded that they have the same genetic structure.

Besides, isn't a person with very similar genetic structure to you what you would call a twin?
Old 2011-07-01, 12:11   Link #32073
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle8819 View Post

Well, take a look at StrikerS episode 8. Even when you don't hear their conversation they are clearly enjoying themselves. Afterwards they do switch to talking about the Jewel Seeds, but Fate talks about how nostalgic it is.

Then you got the movie 1st sound stage where she talks about him to Erio and Caro. At that point Erio and Caro are familiar enough with him to see an old picture and go "Oh, he didn't wear glasses back then." Their first time seeing him was in StrikerS ep 8.

Also in that we have Fate saying that both she and Nanoha picked out his glasses for him.

So yeah, I always have them as being good childhood friends who are fairly close and enjoy each other's company. In his position she certainly would consult him on cases, and considering how workaholic they all are, wouldn't surprise me if a lot of their conversations were work related.
Old 2011-07-01, 18:55   Link #32074
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Found it. Episode 23 of StrikerS, Subaru's flashback. Quint had already adopted them as her children before Mariel Atenza ran some tests and concluded that they have the same genetic structure.

Besides, isn't a person with very similar genetic structure to you what you would call a twin?
I stand corrected. ^^ But still, the way Quint is portrayed, maybe she didn't tell Subaru and Ginga about it.

Well, identical twins are considered a natural clone of each other, but fraternal twins aren't.

Geh, this's starting to sound like a biology class. (brrr...)
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:26   Link #32075
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
I stand corrected. ^^ But still, the way Quint is portrayed, maybe she didn't tell Subaru and Ginga about it.

Well, identical twins are considered a natural clone of each other, but fraternal twins aren't.

Geh, this's starting to sound like a biology class. (brrr...)
Subaru and Ginga know about it. Back in ViVid, Subaru commented about Nove teaching Einhart the Unchain Knuckle, which was one of "their mother's" moves, implying they knew that Nove was biologically related to them, which in turn implies Subaru and Ginga know that they are essentially cyborg clones of their adoptive mother.
Old 2011-07-01, 19:49   Link #32076
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Subaru and Ginga know about it. Back in ViVid, Subaru commented about Nove teaching Einhart the Unchain Knuckle, which was one of "their mother's" moves, implying they knew that Nove was biologically related to them, which in turn implies Subaru and Ginga know that they are essentially cyborg clones of their adoptive mother.
Before that Dieci comments about how when Nove's being pushy(or something like that) you can really tell she's Subaru's sister
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:54   Link #32077
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH View Post
Before that Dieci comments about how when Nove's being pushy(or something like that) you can really tell she's Subaru's sister
Not sure that's the best example. There's remarks about how you can tell that Vivio is definitely Nanoha's daughter, yet everyone knows that they're not related. Dieci's remark is likely of the same connotations.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:02   Link #32078
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
And a daughter has the genes of her mother and father. For Vivio to be called a daughter, she must be made from the combination of OliviaX(???). But since she's the same as Olivia, Vivio is more Olivia's FatherXOlivia's Mother

I just found it extremely odd how when confronted with the idea that they are very genetically the same, the first conclusion that came into mind was parent-child instead of siblings
Old 2011-07-01, 20:04   Link #32079
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
And a daughter has the genes of her mother and father. For Vivio to be called a daughter, she must be made from the combination of OliviaX(???). But since she's the same as Olivia, Vivio is more Olivia's FatherXOlivia's Mother
This is all starting to wander a bit into genetics vs. nurture.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:08   Link #32080
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I imagine that the jumped-to conclusion of parent/offspring is likely due to the vast gulf in biological age--Fate and Alicia, differing births aside, look similar in age, at the very least. Olivie and Vivio here, not so much.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha