is this code geass r3?
NateFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 09:54   Link #822
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateFate View Post
is this code geass r3?
No, it's a manga that is scripted by Taniguchi Goro, the director of the TV series. It's set during the Edo period which means that it takes place somewhere between 76 and 341 years prior to the birth of Lelouch vi Britannia. C.C. is present though. Someone will need to give Renya (the protagonist of the new manga) his Geass. ^^

Something animated might be on the way though. The producer of the TV series, Kawaguchi, said that he "would like to announce a new anime soon" so something might indeed be planned for the future. Nothing is confirmed though and we know nothing of the nature of whatever lies ahead. These Newtype articles also announced the DVD/BD release of Lelouch's birthday event - a live event at which the voice actors performed a live picture drama in front of an enthusiastic crowd.

Spoiler for a very short (early) summary of the picture drama (which might help explain the "rumors" of a new anime season):

Anyhow, artwork for this picture drama (which involves dead characters, Chinese troops and stuff like that) was shown in the NewType announcement and I think that's why a lot of people have assumed that some kind of remake or alternate universe anime is on the way. There's nothing concrete that suggests that something like that is going to be produced though. All we have is a statement from the producer in which he says that he would like to announce a new anime soon combined with artwork related to the picture drama. Viral marketing indeed but NewType = Kadokawa so it shouldn't come as a surprise really. ^^

Even if a new anime is properly announced in the future I must say that something like "R3" (a continuation to the Lelouch of the Rebellion storyline) is the least probable option given the circumstances and the way R2 wrapped up the story. That last thing is just my personal opinion though. Some agree with it, some don't.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-01-30 at 10:07.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 11:51   Link #823
plau

Do you know where I can find the artwork for the Picture Drama? And when will the BD/DVD of the Birthday event be released?
plau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 12:16   Link #824
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by plau View Post
Do you know where I can find the artwork for the Picture Drama? And when will the BD/DVD of the Birthday event be released?
Sure, here's the NewType announcement. Look to the bottom right for some (tiny) images from the event/PD.

Unless they've changed the release date it should be out April 23.

The disc contains 140 minutes worth of material and the live event itself is about 100 minutes long. The rest will be extra material and it's been said that we'll be given a sneak peak at the new project. If that's going to turn out to be something animated or if it's going to be panels/artwork/character sheets from the upcoming manga is unknown at the moment.
Old 2010-01-30, 14:29   Link #825
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post

Spoiler for a very short (early) summary of the picture drama (which might help explain the "rumors" of a new anime season):
That's fucking amazing. *wipes tear*
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 17:51   Link #826
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

...Uh oh. Sounds like a milk Routine is happening.

No offense, though. Thats IMO.

Anyway, I say we look forward to it. And hope Code Geass maintains a decent enough hold on it's character developement, story, and subplots.

...I'm still wondering why they haven't done Lost Colors, and make the Pre-production prototype official, like naming it 'Bedivere'. (Arthurian Legend mythology...)

Well, Regardless. Long as they remain true to the series most distinguishing markings... We don't have much to worry about. Besides the fear of this being another 'Milking Routine'.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 01:55   Link #827
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
Anyway, I say we look forward to it. And hope Code Geass maintains a decent enough hold on it's character developement, story, and subplots.
I'm actually hoping they regain more of their ability to hold on to character development and plots again. To me, season 1 did a much better job at that than season 2 did.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 02:22   Link #828
NateFate
Just A Newbie Animers

Send a message via Yahoo to NateFate
when its aired?

and can we download it?

how the total of number episode until end?
NateFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 03:15   Link #829
konart

Quote:
when its aired?

and can we download it?

wtf are you talking about?
Old 2010-01-31, 05:18   Link #830
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
when its aired?

and can we download it?

at least read the first post.. please
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 12:42   Link #831
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Lelou's smile looks pretty familiar. I wonder why...

@Eaglei3: I know that already, but I never specified which season was more true then no. I agree with you, but I like R2 because of several reasons, but this isn't the dicussion for this.

Anyways, I'm just worried, period. I hope the show doesn't turn into 'Filler Arc' series. (Give yourself a slice of pizza if you know what I mean.) And I hope holes are filled with fulfilling answers. Everything else is up to them. Just maintain it as a good, worthwhile show.

...My expectations? Pretty high. I just hope they consider the what, the how, the why, and the where.

...Thats pretty much it.
Old 2010-01-31, 14:45   Link #832
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Lelou's smile looks pretty familiar. I wonder why...

Anyways, I'm just worried, period. I hope the show doesn't turn into 'Filler Arc' series. (Give yourself a slice of pizza if you know what I mean.) And I hope holes are filled with fulfilling answers. Everything else is up to them. Just maintain it as a good, worthwhile show.

...My expectations? Pretty high. I just hope they consider the what, the how, the why, and the where.

...Thats pretty much it.
What show are you talking about? Are you referring to the picture above or are you talking about something else?
Old 2010-01-31, 15:22   Link #833
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

@Meatrose: The scans found by TrueElements on the very last/first page.

The second one (Next to C.C.) has Renya, in the background a Lelou (?) smiling.

Sorry if I didn't specify, my bad.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:48   Link #834
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
@Meatrose: The scans found by TrueElements on the very last/first page.

The second one (Next to C.C.) has Renya, in the background a Lelou (?) smiling.

Sorry if I didn't specify, my bad.
Ah, now I see. Anyhow, that's not Lelouch, just someone with similar character design (just like how Renya and Suzaku are not exactly polar opposites in terms of character design). This takes place hundreds of years before Lelouch was born, during the Edo period. It's also not going to be an anime, it's a manga written by Taniguchi. In an interview he said that he wanted to create a new chapter of Code Geass history and have it be unique to manga since that allows for a somewhat different kind of storytelling. Who knows though, if it for some reason turns out to be a huge success it might end up being adapted into anime in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath so to speak. ^^

And don't apologize, I didn't know what you were referring to, that's all. =)
Old 2010-01-31, 20:19   Link #835
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Alright, I've been seeing a lot of different things here (from rumors, pictures, theories, opinions, endless debate), but does ANYONE have a grip on what exactly is certain about these new Code Geass projects???

I mean, it's already been made clear about the manga (although I wish they would tell us the release date for that soon), but everything else seems to be muddled and vague from my point of view. I've TRIED to keep track of everything that's been going on on this discussion, but there has been so much info and speculation that I don't know what true or not anymore. If someone out there would be kind enough to tell me what's definitely confirmed and what's not, I'd really, REALLY appreciate it. (Enough to give them ten, no, TWENTY cookies! )
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 20:47   Link #836
konart

Quote:
. I've TRIED to keep track of everything that's been going on on this discussion, but there has been so much info and speculation that I don't know what true or not anymore. If someone out there would be kind enough to tell me what's definitely confirmed and what's not, I'd really, REALLY appreciate it. (Enough to give them ten, no, TWENTY cookies! )
Nothing was confirmed. We still have to wait for more info from magazines, officials and Aplril's DVD
Old 2010-01-31, 20:52   Link #837
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, what's definitely confirmed is that the manga is on its way and that Lelouch's live birthday event will be released on DVD and BD April 23. That's it.
Old 2010-01-31, 20:53   Link #838
Lost Cause

The new Geass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Alright, I've been seeing a lot of different things here (from rumors, pictures, theories, opinions, endless debate), but does ANYONE have a grip on what exactly is certain about these new Code Geass projects???

I mean, it's already been made clear about the manga (although I wish they would tell us the release date for that soon), but everything else seems to be muddled and vague from my point of view. I've TRIED to keep track of everything that's been going on on this discussion, but there has been so much info and speculation that I don't know what true or not anymore. If someone out there would be kind enough to tell me what's definitely confirmed and what's not, I'd really, REALLY appreciate it. (Enough to give them ten, no, TWENTY cookies! )
That's just it nothing has been confirmed 'cept that they're are supposed to release the picture drama 'Kiseki no Birthday' on DVD/BD(?) on April 23 2010 and supposedly it will include something on the new anime.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 22:19   Link #839
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
No, it's a manga that is scripted by Taniguchi Goro, the director of the TV series. It's set during the Edo period which means that it takes place somewhere between 76 and 341 years prior to the birth of Lelouch vi Britannia. C.C. is present though. Someone will need to give Renya (the protagonist of the new manga) his Geass. ^^

Something animated might be on the way though. The producer of the TV series, Kawaguchi, said that he "would like to announce a new anime soon" so something might indeed be planned for the future. Nothing is confirmed though and we know nothing of the nature of whatever lies ahead. These Newtype articles also announced the DVD/BD release of Lelouch's birthday event - a live event at which the voice actors performed a live picture drama in front of an enthusiastic crowd.

Anyhow, artwork for this picture drama (which involves dead characters, Chinese troops and stuff like that) was shown in the NewType announcement and I think that's why a lot of people have assumed that some kind of remake or alternate universe anime is on the way. There's nothing concrete that suggests that something like that is going to be produced though. All we have is a statement from the producer in which he says that he would like to announce a new anime soon combined with artwork related to the picture drama. Viral marketing indeed but NewType = Kadokawa so it shouldn't come as a surprise really. ^^

Even if a new anime is properly announced in the future I must say that something like "R3" (a continuation to the Lelouch of the Rebellion storyline) is the least probable option given the circumstances and the way R2 wrapped up the story. That last thing is just my personal opinion though. Some agree with it, some don't.
hmm that info about that "picture drama" i'm guessing

1.from a paraelle world
2."he" must be alive but in another dimension

really if lead to another series to maybe re;-alter the past to save the future it might that idea?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 23:54   Link #840
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hmm that info about that "picture drama" i'm guessing

1.from a paraelle world
2."he" must be alive but in another dimension

really if lead to another series to maybe re;-alter the past to save the future it might that idea?!
How can there still be people in this fandom that don't understand that the PD's and SD's are crack?
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha