AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-20, 23:03   Link #341
GreatTeacherKen

I think Love Hina had a satisfactory and conclusive ending; I don't think it needs a sequel. That being said, I'm curious as to what this special chapter's going to be about.
Old 2010-08-20, 23:09   Link #342
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I think Love Hina had a satisfactory and conclusive ending; I don't think it needs a sequel. That being said, I'm curious as to what this special chapter's going to be about.
Keitaro and Naru having children? it would've been 5 years since they got married (manga time wise they got married in 2005. April 3rd, 2005 to be exact).
Old 2010-08-21, 00:48   Link #343
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
But where would he take the story though? Unless Naru gets hit by a truck and Motoko and Shinobu fight to win the newly widowed Keitaro's heart, I'm not interested
As long as Akamatsu does something of a normal Love-Comedy like AI Love You or Love Hina, I'm all for it.
Maybe a story revolving Ema...? And an male harem! (just joking...)

Your suggestion works.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-08-21, 02:40   Link #344
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Keitaro and Naru having children? it would've been 5 years since they got married (manga time wise they got married in 2005. April 3rd, 2005 to be exact).
Of course, if he ties it in with Negima, as a recent Q&A in Negima suggests they do in fact share a universe, they still haven't gotten married yet, since Negima is still in 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6204.html
There is going to be a special chapter for Love Hina (not really sure when though).
Very awesome... Now if Akamatsu would give up Negima and come back to Love Hina full time...
Never gonna happen. Negima is his magnum opus. It's the ecchi fighting (pinch of romance) manga he's always wanted to write (if the fighting manga aspects of the Aoyamas' and Seta's characters back in LH didn't make it clear enough).
Old 2010-08-21, 03:24   Link #345
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Of course, if he ties it in with Negima, as a recent Q&A in Negima suggests they do in fact share a universe, they still haven't gotten married yet, since Negima is still in 2003.

Never gonna happen. Negima is his magnum opus. It's the ecchi fighting (pinch of romance) manga he's always wanted to write (if the fighting manga aspects of the Aoyamas' and Seta's characters back in LH didn't make it clear enough).
Sharing the same universe is one thing but timeline could be different. LH ended in manga year 2005 with the wedding. So it's natural to assume it could take place after that.

he almost didn't get to write it. The publishers forced him to write another story like Love Hina when he really wanted to write an action manga. He's quite clever with how he gave them what they wanted and then slyly worked his way into what he wanted. lol!

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2010-08-21 at 22:22.
Old 2010-08-21, 16:16   Link #346
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Which is very unfortunate...
He clearly does better on love-comedies.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-08-21, 16:32   Link #347
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
I'd like to see another love-com from him. Negima's just too cluttered for me to keep up with anymore.
Old 2010-08-21, 22:22   Link #348
cyberdemon

darn looks like the special chapter is only supposed to be 6 pages long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
I'd like to see another love-com from him. Negima's just too cluttered for me to keep up with anymore.
The publishers originally forced him to do that. He just really wanted to do an action manga and by the time they realized it he'd already led it down the way he wanted it to go,
Old 2010-08-21, 22:33   Link #349
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
What, you mean face-in-boobs and beating the crap out of Keitaro every chapter counts as better?

Even if Negima is all messy and annoyingly ecchi at times, it's still practically one of the few manga in the market that captures the spirit of JRPG adventure fun -- far, far better than every uninspired actual JRPG to manga adaptations out there.
Old 2010-08-22, 09:31   Link #350
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6204.html
There is going to be a special chapter for Love Hina (not really sure when though).
Very awesome... Now if Akamatsu would give up Negima and come back to Love Hina full time...
Such a great news ! It's been so long since the last chapter
Old 2010-08-22, 10:09   Link #351
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Such a great news ! It's been so long since the last chapter
I must be missing something.....I could've sworn Love Akamatsu wrapped up Love Hina with volume 14 a long time ago.

Is he doing a new Love Hina-related project? Why after all this time, and why with a series he finished?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
Old 2010-08-22, 10:14   Link #352
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I was rather satisfied with Love Hina and its conclusion, and I love Negima.

That said, I'd love to see more of Motoko and Shinobu.
Old 2010-08-22, 10:58   Link #353
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
No. Just No.

Negima has made Akamatsu to grow as an author so much over his Love Hina days it isn't funny. LH had some charm and a few lovable characters, but at the end of the day, it was just another romantic comedy that happened to hit it big at the exact right time (when the genre needed a revival).
Old 2010-08-22, 17:33   Link #354
ReddyRedWolf

Well maybe this time Akamatsu sensei will establish more about his universe. Already Negima has established both Love Hina and Ai ga Tomaranai (AI Love You) co-exists.

I wouldn't mind some cameo of Hitoshi, the Namba sisters and Cindy.

Also wouldn't it be fun to see Mei Sakura as a character in Love Hina rather than a cameo appearance?

What if it is set during 2003 just as Mei returned from magic school? Meeting her sister Naru and the gang?

Oh Sara definitely Sara must come back. She is the basis of several of the Negima girls. Namely Asuna, Eva and Chisame.
Old 2010-09-01, 06:55   Link #355
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The LH special has been released today.

Although it was of course a bit predictable right at the start, it was still amusing (I did chuckle about the "true" meaning of D at the end ).
Akamatsu definitely delivered something LH (and not really a mere attempt to make a half ass omake) and it is noteworthy to see how he could keep the original touch, whereas he definitely polished his drawing skills.
Well, one would notice already the stark difference if you were to compare the first chapter of Negima and the 300th chapter (well it was already a giant leap even around the Kyoto arc), but it is even more noticeable in LH case.

It would definitely be nice to see LH and AGT "fully" updated (AGT was a tad misleading with its modern cover, while the original design was surely outdated ).
Old 2010-09-01, 07:09   Link #356
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
No. Just No.

Negima has made Akamatsu to grow as an author so much over his Love Hina days it isn't funny. LH had some charm and a few lovable characters, but at the end of the day, it was just another romantic comedy that happened to hit it big at the exact right time (when the genre needed a revival).
I have to disagree, I used to read Negima for a while and just couldn't continue anymore. Way too many characters to care about, and it eventually transformed into a full-time action manga.

Love Hina was way better than Negima. I wish he'd conclude it and start a new manga.
Old 2010-09-01, 07:10   Link #357
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The LH special has been released today.

Although it was of course a bit predictable right at the start, it was still amusing (I did chuckle about the "true" meaning of D at the end ).
Akamatsu definitely delivered something LH (and not really a mere attempt to make a half ass omake) and it is noteworthy to see how he could keep the original touch, whereas he definitely polished his drawing skills.
Well, one would notice already the stark difference if you were to compare the first chapter of Negima and the 300th chapter (well it was already a giant leap even around the Kyoto arc), but it is even more noticeable in LH case.

It would definitely be nice to see LH and AGT "fully" updated (AGT was a tad misleading with its modern cover, while the original design was surely outdated ).
Could you give a rundown of what this special entails?
Old 2010-09-01, 08:09   Link #358
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In a nutshell, this special 6 pages one shot spans around the time Keitaro and Naru are still trying to get in Todai (so unfortnately, no, nothing close to epilogue/aftermath of the wedding whatsoever). From the looks of Keitaro's grades, it is probably around Volume 5-6, after their first failed attempt together but before Mutsumi shows up.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-25, 04:14   Link #359
GreatTeacherKen

I've just read it.

It may not add anything new but it's amusing. Although Akamatsu's art work has changed a bit, it's pretty much classic Love Hina.
Old 2010-09-25, 07:29   Link #360
ReddyRedWolf

Timeline wise I'd place this before Keitaro met Seta and Sara.

Course now we know why we had this little special. Major event that connects Love Hina and Negima.

Spoiler for The connection:
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, harem