AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-22, 12:10   Link #1
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Barakamon

To quote the post in the New Announced Anime thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Barakamon PV released

>As a punishment for punching a famous Calligrapher, young handsome Calligrapher Handa Seishu is exiled on a small island. As someone who has never lived outside of a city, Handa has to adapt to his new wacky neighbors, like people traveling on a tractor, unwanted visitors who never use the front door, annoying kids using his home as a playground, etc. Can this city guy handle all the crazy hardships?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjuMAd5eUI
(blocked for me)
This is very interesting for me - I find Barakamon to be a very interesting manga. Unfortunately at the moment not much else to go on....

Here is the link to the existing manga thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ight=Barakamon

Here is the official website: http://barakamon.jp/
Old 2014-05-07, 08:14   Link #2
Kakkou
Tch.

Additional cast:

Naru Kotoishi: Suzuko Hara
Hiroshi Kido: Koki Uchiyama
Miwa Yamamura: Nozomi Furuki
Tamako Arai: Rumi Ohkubo
Hina: Rina Endou
Kenta: Seiya Hirata
Akihiko Arai: Megumi Han
Yuujirou Kido (Village Chief): Tanuki Sugino
Vice Principal: Fumihiko Tachiki

Megumi Han aside, all the village children are voiced by child actors. The recording uses guide voices so that the kids can remember their lines without scripts. On occasions where they do need to use scripts, OnoD helps teach them how to read the difficult kanji. How sweet. =)

EDIT: Oh and since no one mentioned it here, the previously two other casts mentioned before this were:

Kawafuji: Junichi Suwabe
Kosuke Kanzaki: Yuki Kaji
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 06:39   Link #3
kyuudere

new TV CM :
kyuudere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:37   Link #4
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay, after seeing ep 1 I have to say I am pleased overall. The OP and ED are only so-so for me, but perhaps they will grow on me over time... I found the visuals more interesting, to be honest, but the music, while not bad was kinda unremarkable at first impression.

I found it pleasantly faithful to the manga source narrative, yes, but also enjoyed the effort it put into conveying the "feel" of the series. Needless to say, I am looking forward to future eps, and will already tentatively commit to it.
Old 2014-07-05, 21:21   Link #5
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I really liked the OP/ED songs.

I love this already; my type of show...also OnoD always slays.

Awww...Naru was cute!
Old 2014-07-05, 21:23   Link #6
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I know nothing about the manga, but I'm enjoying the anime. I could understand and sympathize with the big punch, as well as with the natural punishment. The kid was well portrayed, moving from uncontrollably naughty to surprising skill and heart of gold. And I was glad to see the kanji he eventually drew. Even the exaggerated enthusiasm of his attack worked for me. And OnoD was terrific.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 23:20   Link #7
MCAL

Three excellent premieres in a row. Summer 2014 is off to a good start. This seems like the show that will be a pleasant watch every Saturday. And it looks like the mangaka knows how to write actual children and it definitely helps that actual kids play the part (With the exception of one played by Han Megumi, but that really isn't a bad thing).
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 00:04   Link #8
bakaouji

This show is the first sign of life in an otherwise bland season. Thanks goodness for that.

Seems like fun, goofy, down to earth series about a guy who finds inspiration on a remote island filled with neighborly people. The little girl actually speaks like a six year old with an authentic heavy dialect. Junon boy is the right funny mix of stiff-neck upstart and a jumpy scaredy cat who's afraid to live in a town devoid of modern conveniences.

The first episode can pretty much serve as a stand-alone short, which made me appreciate it even more.

If I had to sum up the premiere in one word, I'd call it 'ticklish'.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 00:47   Link #9
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Licensed by Funimation.

And to be complete: Picked up by Crunchyroll. (Though unavailable to viewers in the US)
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 01:04   Link #10
TCman

Very funny and enjoyable! Nicely paced too! I expected this show to be good, but now it's actually beyond my expectation after watching the first episode. Looking forward to the next episode.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 01:08   Link #11
Horse

Calligraphy world is srsbsns. XD Really liked it.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 04:26   Link #12
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Great first episode. I was hoping for some kind of Slice of Life here but seems like the comedy will be another reason to watch it.
I'm hooked to the characters, I'll wait for the next episode
Old 2014-07-06, 04:58   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 05:06   Link #14
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Really, the only way they could screw up material this strong was incompetence. And there are way too many good people on staff for that to happen. This was as close to a sure-thing as you're going to get in anime, and it delivered.

For the record, I love kids playing kids and I thought the girl playing Naru was quite good - very funny.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 06:44   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Great premiere. Naru is the best child in anime since Rin in Usagi Drop. She's tons of fun. I could tell right away she was voiced by a real kid, having children voiced by actual children always adds a lot.

Looking forward to more.
Old 2014-07-06, 06:52   Link #16
cyth
Banned

Agreed, this was great. I can empathize with the main protag, as I just got back from visiting my gf's family who lives in the countryside. Life is different there, the atmosphere in stark contrast to what life is in the city. It's strange seeing busybody but kind neighbors and the strangely simple yet sophisticated wisdom people have to give. Anyway, dat opening animation was wow, also love the ikemen/Junon Boy.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 06:55   Link #17
Mr Nr

The 2nd best first episode of the Summer so far (behind Tokyo Ghoul). Has an interesting main character, and a very relaxing yet frantic pace to it compare to other slice of life shows I have watched (mind you I haven't watched many). Suzuko Hara who voiced Naru Kotoishi the main girl is really good especially for a kid I'm not sure how old she is but she's got some voice acting chops just for her first anime. I also really like that actual kids voices the kids in this anime makes it more authentic I reckon. I also really like the humor in this. Anyway this is going to be a great anime if they continue with what they got here.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 07:39   Link #18
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I like this show as well. I'm definitely committed to this; it looks excellent. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this: I can already see the idea... traditional to new and quirky.

Also, that second episode preview had me giggling very hard, lol.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 08:41   Link #19
ookamigirl

A calligraphist with a temper.
The OP was good and the music suited it nicely.
Art looks nice as well.
Interesting how slice of lice somehow always has the best art.
Maybe that kid will be a good influence.
Looks like she already is starting to be.
Nice anime.
Might give this one a try.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 09:28   Link #20
Gundamx

poor village chief -> he just saw crazy person
(after the ed)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slice of life