AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-15, 23:51   Link #1
Grey land
Minerva

Edonkey

Can anyone please teach me how to download from Edonkey.com ????? I have no idea......
Old 2004-11-16, 09:51   Link #2
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey land
Can anyone please teach me how to download from Edonkey.com ????? I have no idea......
Just download emule from linkage (if I remember correctly) and click on ed2k:// links that sites provide or use builtin search in emule.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-09-12 at 15:05.
Old 2006-09-12, 15:05   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Just to add closure to this thread/topic and add a tombstone to it, I submit the following story:
Quote:
Another File Sharer Toes the Line

Associated Press 11:10 AM Sep, 12, 2006

The firm behind popular online file-sharing software eDonkey has agreed to pay $30 million to avoid potential copyright infringement lawsuits from the recording industry, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

New York-based MetaMachine was one of seven technology firms to receive letters from the recording industry last fall warning them to shut down or prepare to face lawsuits. Since then, the operators of BearShare, i2Hub, WinMX and Grokster have reached similar agreements.

''With this new settlement, another domino falls, and we have further strengthened the footing of the legal marketplace,'' Mitch Bainwol, chairman and chief executive of the Recording Industry Association of America, said in a statement.

Under terms of the latest agreement, MetaMachine and its top executives, Sam Yagan and Jed McCaleb, agreed to immediately cease distributing eDonkey, eDonkey 2000, Overnet and other software versions.

The company also agreed to take measures to prevent file-sharing by people using previously downloaded versions of the eDonkey software. A federal judge must still give final approval to the terms of the settlement.

A call to Yagan was not immediately returned.

On Tuesday, the eDonkey website featured a message from the company telling visitors that the eDonkey2000 Network was no longer available, and a warning that people who steal music or movies are breaking the law.

The message concluded with ''Goodbye Everyone.''

(read more...)
Closed Thread