AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-26, 17:16   Link #361
mergele

This episode gets a "way to pass time" rating. I really hope for the second half to make it worth my time investion.
And please cut down the pizza sauce gag, it's already wearing out from overuse.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 17:17   Link #362
James Rye

Why was MC suddenly able to hit those curve ball out of a sudden after the 2nd strike? Weird. Well, not as weird as Takajo's fanboyism. That scene over Yasurin's salvia had me both laughing and facepalming. Still my fav chara despite his "huge turn-off" scenes. xD
Old 2015-07-26, 17:26   Link #363
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Why was MC suddenly able to hit those curve ball out of a sudden after the 2nd strike? Weird.
Way I read the scene was basically him using his memorization talents to trace how the pitcher was throwing the ball and when/how he moved it with his powers. So as he got a larger and larger sample size, he got more and more accurate.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 17:48   Link #364
tsunade666

I tried watching the OP intently and a scene there leave me in question. Who is the girl that is standing in top of the water with the ruined city as background?

Is it the little sister?

I just feel that the little sister would be an important character overall in the story.

Also the guy soaked in crimsoned colored water... Who can it be?
Old 2015-07-26, 17:51   Link #365
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Way I read the scene was basically him using his memorization talents to trace how the pitcher was throwing the ball and when/how he moved it with his powers. So as he got a larger and larger sample size, he got more and more accurate.
Hm, and I thought he had taken over some of the batter's hitting ability when he possessed them for 30 seconds to make them fail their hits. Which was what made prez test him with possessing the telekinesis guy to see if he will take over/copy his power as well.
Old 2015-07-26, 17:53   Link #366
GDB

Possible, but didn't she remark that the other team's batters were awful?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 19:49   Link #367
novalysis

Here's a potentially horrible twist - what if Nao is an "Evil Scientist" ? At this rate, given Nao's behavior, I am expecting a "No John you are the zombies" moment soon.

Also, given the setting, I think Yusa's "magical spells" really are magical spells. Yusa has the secondary power of mild suggestion - which is how her silly "spells" actually have real effects. The only catch, is that you must already be inclined to respect or admire Yusa - but if you are a Yusarin fan, theoretically, Yusa could order you to do anything with that hypothetical secondary power. Such as swallowing your pride, flipping 360 degrees and apologizing when you've just been insulted by Nao.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 20:05   Link #368
ImperialFlameGod8190

This series is remarkable in the fact that within 4 episodes its gone from dark horse show to downright flop.
The pizza sauce gag is getting old and if all they're gonna do is keep stopping kids from using their powers its gonna be a supreme bore because that simply wont last. Truth be told i saw the first episode and saw a guy who had flare and quite a bit of oomph not unlike some of the top MC's. That same guy is now a downright bore. I know it will get better (okay i pray it does) but frankly i dont think i'll find out.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 20:15   Link #369
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Here's a potentially horrible twist - what if Nao is an "Evil Scientist" ? At this rate, given Nao's behavior, I am expecting a "No John you are the zombies" moment soon.
Spoiler for speculation:
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 20:24   Link #370
Psyco Diver

Sigh a baseball episode, I skipped it, I hate the baseball trope episode it has to be the worse trope because nothing rarely comes of it, at least the beach or the hot springs trope can develop a plot, I have yet to see a baseball episode do anything that hasn't been done a million times
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 21:17   Link #371
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was one hell of a game cheating on both sides and Joujirou really need to control his power he really messed up his face this time

Why dose Ayumi put pizzia sauce on everything is her power no taste buds
Old 2015-07-26, 21:42   Link #372
Peanutbutter

I hope the main plot revelation is that Ayumi needs pizza sauce everyday to survive.

So now, its Jun Maeda, there was hype about it. Is the hype still alive?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 21:46   Link #373
ImperialFlameGod8190

^ U know the sad part about this story if you had a story with a season long plot based off where the first episode started about the guy charming the people around him and how it played it out you'd have a poor man's Code Geass. That alone would've been better.

Unfortunately the issue with this story is very simple. What they likely want to do is very predictable the question is what episode do they do it. Of course once that happens this story will take an interesting turn but until then you have massive tropes that hold very little value.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-07-26, 22:16   Link #374
IceHism

Maeda jun says episode 6 will be when real plot starts so I'm holding for that. Also cause its key. Company is pretty popular so gotta see it.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 22:52   Link #375
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Bleh, the first 7 minutes or so of this episode are absolutely atrocious. The idol jokes are terrible and that guy being such a fanboy is ridiculously overdone.I just turned it off and after a few hours are trying to start it up again. It seems like they don't realize time is precious or anything. To Charlotte, fluff is fine, but this almost doesn't qualify as it. So I'm not going to even bother talking about this episode. And baseball. Because fucking baseball.

I'll just summarize it as such.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Gonna put this on hold. With so many other good shows running around this season, it doesn't make any sense to waste my efforts on this.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2015-07-26 at 23:17.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 00:10   Link #376
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Age has made you bitter?

It was fine for me. KEY shows always follow this pattern. Bunch of fluff to get you involved into the character dynamics, with the payoff being when you manage to get emotionally invested into the characters.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 00:15   Link #377
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Age has made you bitter?

It was fine for me. KEY shows always follow this pattern. Bunch of fluff to get you involved into the character dynamics, with the payoff being when you manage to get emotionally invested into the characters.
That may be true the problem is there's nothing to get invested to.
The speed guy's joke was funny the first two or three times but now its old and his acts towards the idol is disgusting.
The Stuco president's backstory makes her slightly sympathetic but unfortuantely only slightly.
the MC was fun the first episode but now his power is being used as a gag.
Even by idol standards this one is a bit too brainless.

Its hard to get invested into characters this plain terrible and with a predictable storyline the actual plot is obvious if you think about it for a small amount of time.

Old 2015-07-27, 00:35   Link #378
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Age has made you bitter?
I wish it were so simple but I enjoyed the Little Busters EX ovas and those were pretty stupid. That's a show where the girls often act half their age. I mean, Haruka's one of my favorite characters and she's definitely missing a few marbles. That's not what I have a problem with.

Quote:
Yea, but most Key shows aren't 1 cour either, and the ones that were, well, yea...

I mean as stupid as Angel Beats was, at least there were some rotating gags. But they were funny to begin with. This is just like, holy crap, get out. As for the character interactions, I can't really say I find too many of them interesting. Sure, all Key shows do that to some degree, but at the very least they try to latch on some kind of character relation to establish their dynamics regardless if you like it or not-- it's still there. I mean say, Clannad....

Spoiler:

This kind of interaction here is so shallow it doesn't even deserved to be compared to fucking Glasslip, much less other Key series. Oh ok, maybe that was too far.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 03:26   Link #379
tsunade666

Comparing Charlotte to. Glass lip is too much you know. Glass slip is one of the anime's that wasted my time and I don't want to remember it at all. Just like there is no tsukihime anime and true tears didn't that have that crappy ending.

Charlotte giant that has. Nao is pretty interesting while yusa is annoying. That weird 4 hours creepy is also annoying and cool on mix. I'm disappointed in the MC though. He lost his fangs. The.. Little sister is also annoying but not as yusa. That acting is just plain annoying. I've seen my fair share of idols but the ones I don't like are teenagers acting like a retard half its age.
Old 2015-07-27, 05:25   Link #380
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
This kind of interaction here is so shallow it doesn't even deserved to be compared to fucking Glasslip, much less other Key series. Oh ok, maybe that was too far.
I never took you as a person to use hyperbole (thought that was more me), but c'mon. Worse than Glasslip? Surely you jest .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Comparing Charlotte to. Glass lip is too much you know. Glass slip is one of the anime's that wasted my time and I don't want to remember it at all. Just like there is no tsukihime anime and true tears didn't that have that crappy ending.
It's 2015 people!

I actually haven't watched past episode 2 because I was appalled but from the discussion from this thread which I've been following it looks like Key has not evolved and Jun Maeda didn't learn from his mistakes from Angel Beats. Unless if there is a turnaround (and a significant one at that) I don't see myself picking it back up.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2015-07-27 at 08:54.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers