AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2011-03-17, 12:47   Link #421
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Uriel on the other hand is confusin1g- the [Flame of God], but it's Element is Wind.
As far as I remember, Uriel means "God is my light" so I assume it has something to do with the knowledge.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 21:54   Link #422
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The proper meaning in theology on angelic names are these:

Michael- Who is as God
Gabriel- God is my strength
Raphael - God has healed
Uriel- Fire of God

Since chaos mentioned Grigori, here are the two I know:

Azazel- God strengthens
Shamsiel- Light of Day or Mighty sun of God
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 22:14   Link #423
Miraluka
Banned

Still wonder why the author linked those 4 with the elements in the novels, I mean, just look at Vento there is no relation with Uriel .

EDIT:
I see in accord to some sites I tried, Uriel protects people from people who are wicked, angry, nervous.
This is well related to her Divine Punishment.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-03-17 at 22:28.
Old 2011-03-17, 22:26   Link #424
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The 4 arch angel's element come from a different teaching of occult practices, rather than Christian based teachings.

But the author at least got their assigned elements right.
Old 2011-03-17, 22:28   Link #425
Miraluka
Banned

There is other 3 archangels:
Barachiel (the blessings of God) and Jegudiel (laudation of God") and Selaphiel (Prayer of God).
Old 2011-03-17, 23:18   Link #426
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My personal favorite- Samael, the venom of God. An Archangel of Death.

Anybody who watched Macademi Wasshoi would know why.He defeated both gabriel and agareplient (sp?) at once.

i believe theres a whole list somewhere with all the meanings of the names ending with 'el'
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 23:36   Link #427
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
There is other 3 archangels:
Barachiel (the blessings of God) and Jegudiel (laudation of God") and Selaphiel (Prayer of God).

Those three originated from Gnostic's system. In that listing of 7 archangels, Uriel can be replaced by Phanuel. But this interpretation only works within Gnostic boundary, it does not apply when this ranking was passed to the Orthodox.
Old 2011-03-18, 07:35   Link #428
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Still wonder why the author linked those 4 with the elements in the novels, I mean, just look at Vento there is no relation with Uriel .

EDIT:
I see in accord to some sites I tried, Uriel protects people from people who are wicked, angry, nervous.
This is well related to her Divine Punishment.
you're confusing Uriel with Raphael

Uriel is linked with the element of earth, and is the archangel originally aligned with Terra

Raphael is linked with wind and was originally aligned with Vento(before angel fall screwed up their alignments...)
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 09:34   Link #429
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ahh here we go, the List of names referring to El

There's one particular Fallen Angel I wasn't able to find. In the Persona games there's an Angel named [Helel]. has anyone heard of it?
Old 2011-03-24, 17:03   Link #430
Inept Forum User

Question

I have a question regarding the ability to exist in multiple places simultaneously, displayed at the end of Volume 22.

Am I correct in thinking that if the Imagine Breaker came into contact with one of the multiple existences other than the original, just that existence would disappear? Also, since contact would be lost, could that existence be restored immediately afterwards?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 17:20   Link #431
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
I have a question regarding the ability to exist in multiple places simultaneously, displayed at the end of Volume 22.

Am I correct in thinking that if the Imagine Breaker came into contact with one of the multiple existences other than the original, just that existence would disappear? Also, since contact would be lost, could that existence be restored immediately afterwards?
I don't think anyone can give a strange answer. This is the first omnipotence in the series.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:31   Link #432
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I don't think anyone can give a strange answer. This is the first omnipotence in the series.
I would say its more of a omnipresence instead of omnipotence.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:20   Link #433
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I know dark matter is real; it's specifically mentioned in Vol. 15 that Kakine's "Dark Matter" isn't that dark matter.
Since nobody has been able to capture and study a real Dark Matter particle, who's to say Kakine's Dark Matter isn't like the real thing
Old 2011-03-25, 02:32   Link #434
judasmartel
*Author

Say, what will be the potential level 5 abilities of Elemental Espers? We know Electromaster enough, thanks to Level 5 Misaka Mikoto, but we see that other elemental espers are of lower levels. For example, we have a level 4 Aero Hand, a level 3 Pyromaster, and a level 2 Aquamaster.

Aero Hand at Level 5, for example, may create a tornado the size of what we see in Twister. O_O Or invisible cutting swords, or he/she could slice through anything within his/her field with his/her bare hands.

Pyromaster Level 5 maybe could like, turn his surroundings into scorched earth and/or hell on earth. Anyone who so much as gets near him would be burned! Or perhaps he can have a mini-version of Fiamma's 40km long flaming sword.

And then, a Level 5 Aquamaster can send tsunamis more than 10 feet long, or something like that. Or he/she could make snowballs out of thin air, freeze anything around his/her AIM field, or create an ice sword a la Flame of Recca's Mikagami.

Then maybe, a Level 5 Geomaster (i.e., Earth Master) could create really large rocks or a really large hole on the ground, and then the ground will like crack when an esper is in a fit of anger, just like Mikoto discharges lethal voltage in a rage.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 08:28   Link #435
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Since nobody has been able to capture and study a real Dark Matter particle, who's to say Kakine's Dark Matter isn't like the real thing
Errm...what....Kakine himself says his Dark Matter doesn't come from this universe.
Old 2011-03-25, 09:19   Link #436
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Say, what will be the potential level 5 abilities of Elemental Espers? We know Electromaster enough, thanks to Level 5 Misaka Mikoto, but we see that other elemental espers are of lower levels. For example, we have a level 4 Aero Hand, a level 3 Pyromaster, and a level 2 Aquamaster.

Aero Hand at Level 5, for example, may create a tornado the size of what we see in Twister. O_O Or invisible cutting swords, or he/she could slice through anything within his/her field with his/her bare hands.

Pyromaster Level 5 maybe could like, turn his surroundings into scorched earth and/or hell on earth. Anyone who so much as gets near him would be burned! Or perhaps he can have a mini-version of Fiamma's 40km long flaming sword.

And then, a Level 5 Aquamaster can send tsunamis more than 10 feet long, or something like that. Or he/she could make snowballs out of thin air, freeze anything around his/her AIM field, or create an ice sword a la Flame of Recca's Mikagami.

Then maybe, a Level 5 Geomaster (i.e., Earth Master) could create really large rocks or a really large hole on the ground, and then the ground will like crack when an esper is in a fit of anger, just like Mikoto discharges lethal voltage in a rage.
I like the idea for the aeromaster but for the aquamaster and geomaster. It's too weak. Most level 5 had secondary ability or by product from their own main ability. Set mikoto for example. Electricity and it's by product is electromagnetism.

A pyromaster can melt the earth and turn it into magma.
Aquamasters' tsunami is too low. I bet it can create at least 100 meter tsunami. If not. it can't be even compared to aqua who can create 100 meter water waves and water pillars.
Geomaster can probably control gravity as it's branch out. Plus earth/land control is pretty broad in element itself.
Old 2011-03-25, 09:22   Link #437
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
“Warning, Chapter 22 Verse 1. Named as ‘Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani’ (God, why have you forsaken me?)[1] -- 7 seconds left until complete activation.”

“Warning, Chapter 29 Verse 33. ‘The deep red stone of Pakus Chavura’[2] -- 7 seconds left until complete activation.”

“Warning, Chapter 35 Verse 18. ‘Rain of sulphur that burns the land’ -- 5 seconds left complete activation.”
I'm not a bible-ish-ly person, but can anyone tell me what's the context that the above verses come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Errm...what....Kakine himself says his Dark Matter doesn't come from this universe.
So who's to say the same doesn't hold true for our Dark Matter? A mysterious particle, or particles, that science has not yet been able to detect and knows nothing about it except that light passes through it and it can affect gravity.

For all we know it has matter altering properties

For all we know real life 'Dark Matter' could be AIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I like the idea for the aeromaster but for the aquamaster and geomaster. It's too weak. Most level 5 had secondary ability or by product from their own main ability. Set mikoto for example. Electricity and it's by product is electromagnetism.
Going further down that line, Mikoto might be able to control particles from the Electromagnetic spectrum, effectively giving her Radiation powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
A pyromaster can melt the earth and turn it into magma.
Aquamasters' tsunami is too low. I bet it can create at least 100 meter tsunami. If not. it can't be even compared to aqua who can create 100 meter water waves and water pillars.
Geomaster can probably control gravity as it's branch out. Plus earth/land control is pretty broad in element itself.
Initially they might seem very limited but if you think about it. Sometimes vague is good.

Fire is basically hot glowing gases, so by extension a pyro user can affect various gases. Then the energy has to come from somewhere, so that would mean some level of control over heat energy, so with that technically freezing isn't beyond control.

That is for utility, in terms of raw power, look no further than your local natural Disaster.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-03-25 at 09:46.
Old 2011-03-25, 10:15   Link #438
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Eli Eli Lama Sabachtani is what Christ reportedly said on the Cross. Don't know the second.

The third can be many things. Sodom and Gomorrah come to mind.
Old 2011-03-25, 12:07   Link #439
Miraluka
Banned

The closest things I can relate with the third is the rain of fire and sulphur is the Prophet of Fire, Elijah and Sodom and Gomorrah.
Old 2011-03-25, 18:47   Link #440
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post

esper powers(the ones developed by AC) follow -or at least pretend to follow- modern known physics, you know. Meaning elemental powers would refer to elements from the periodic table...

Mikoto's electricity for example comes from her control over the electromagnetic force. A pyrokinesis power could come in many different ways, though the "best" would probably be control over kinetic force/atomic/molecular vibrations

so it's hard to predict what a level 5 pyrokinetist(or an aquamaster, or whatever) could do, since his capabilities would depend on the way his power works...

saiai's power for example manipulates nitrogen in the air...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science