Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-05, 09:30   Link #301
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
that reminds me ~ ep 12 is out and subbed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-05, 11:26   Link #302
Question
Crossdresser

What is this series about?
Old 2007-01-05, 14:06   Link #303
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Carnival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
that reminds me ~ ep 12 is out and subbed

Thank you very much, Deathkillz, and I offer an apology for getting to aroused and hyperventilated in my last post. Yes, I overlooked with all the hurry, your review for episode twelve.

Fortunately, I have downloaded and saw the sub.

The comedy is gold.

It was just priceless to witness Tokiko's relunctance upon having to follow Bravo and Kazuki's pose play in order to open the lock to access Butterfly's villa when common sense indicates that the bad guys won't be opening the access to their enemies.
Tokiko had gone so far with the humilliation game and decided to cast some judgement day.

BTW, doesn't Angel Gozen be the ugliest and yet funniest mascot for the entire series. It sure knows how to entice Tokiko's mad side with razor-sharp objects.

Ok. Basically, now I know why Papillion is slightly incensed with his old-mummy Gramps.

And we get to hear lots of the cool music from the soundtrack; lots of epic drama and Mahiro moe -ness to the extreme.

I tell you she and Kazuki must be distant relatives to Orihime Inoue.
Old 2007-01-05, 15:11   Link #304
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
A Shonen Jump series that isn't over 100 episodes???????? The Hell! This means that either they will have to make up their own ending which is often disasterous, or they will cut it off at the end of an arc.
Old 2007-01-05, 15:24   Link #305
kauldron26
Med Student

are she and kazuki blood related sisters?? i thought they were either step siblings, half siblings or simply adopted. they look nothing alike.
Old 2007-01-05, 15:44   Link #306
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
A Shonen Jump series that isn't over 100 episodes???????? The Hell! This means that either they will have to make up their own ending which is often disasterous, or they will cut it off at the end of an arc.
actually i think thats a good thing...i mean i already have D gray-man to follow which is said to have 52 eps O.o and tbh if they finnish this fast then it means that they dont have time to waste on crappy fillers so they jump straight into the action whilst keeping the battles alive...tbh i wont want to see the same thing over and over again...we all know that kazuki is gonna kick ass in the end
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
are she and kazuki blood related sisters?? i thought they were either step siblings, half siblings or simply adopted. they look nothing alike.
doesnt have to have the same face to be bro and sis and yea they are blood brother and sister ~

edit: and just to add...ep 13 is also subbed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-01-05, 16:09   Link #307
striderm
Adusa #1

The Busou Renkin manga ended at 10 volumes, it's not all that long anyway.
Old 2007-01-05, 16:39   Link #308
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
The manga is only 10 volumes...there's no freaking way that they could pull the series anywhere near 100 episodes without making new material, and we all know how pissy people are about non-manga original material...
Old 2007-01-06, 02:50   Link #309
ThoHell

Episode 13 was good, TOTALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO 14!

How many episode is this series going to be, does anyone know? Seems lke it can still go on but seems close to the ending too. Not too sure but ti feels like it's a 26 episode type of series...
Old 2007-01-06, 07:16   Link #310
kaeli

26 episodes, according to XEBEC themselves. 10 volumes of manga. Hasn't this been mentioned before a few times?
Old 2007-01-06, 15:18   Link #311
Zappster

Yes it has and there's also a figure in the How many episodes sticky thread in the fansubbed forum. Apparently Mr Saviour can't do some basic research before spouting off nonsense. Oh Noes! There goes the human race down the evolutionary ladder! <insert smiley of choice>
Old 2007-01-06, 16:43   Link #312
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
Yes it has and there's also a figure in the How many episodes sticky thread in the fansubbed forum. Apparently Mr Saviour can't do some basic research before spouting off nonsense. Oh Noes! There goes the human race down the evolutionary ladder! <insert smiley of choice>
Strawman Argument Alert, I never said anything about the human race dropping a few notches in this thread!

I always do my research and know about the length of the manga and the length of the series. Still 10 volumes is long enough for at least 50 episodes. I say the 100+ episode thing because back in the days of Toei Douga doing Shonen Jump series they went on forever to the point of ridiculousness. Now there's often a problem of series being too short. Perhaps this is a good thing for this series, but somethings going to get left out probably.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-01-06 at 16:53.
Old 2007-01-06, 17:13   Link #313
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Who Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
edit: heres ep 14 summerised
Spoiler:

oh my gods...i just cant wait to see how the fight goes...damit i want it now >.< grr!
Indeed, this episode was the BOMB and signals that the first part of the story is peaking into the climax.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-06, 17:52   Link #314
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I don't know what it is about Tokiko, but I'm strangely attracted whenever I see her with that pissed off look on her face. Its such a complicated expression she wears. Heartless, but not evil.

I think I found a new fetish.
Old 2007-01-06, 17:56   Link #315
Zappster

Quote:
Strawman Argument Alert, I never said anything about the human race dropping a few notches in this thread!
And I never said you did.

It was more a dig at stuff you've said in other threads but I suppose you wouldn't know anything about that
Old 2007-01-06, 19:32   Link #316
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Indeed, this episode was the BOMB and signals that the first part of the story is peaking into the climax.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots View Post
I don't know what it is about Tokiko, but I'm strangely attracted whenever I see her with that pissed off look on her face. Its such a complicated expression she wears. Heartless, but not evil.

I think I found a new fetish.
she is the new type of moe haha ~ yea i love her killing face as well

Old 2007-01-06, 19:44   Link #317
kaeli

Quote:
I always do my research and know about the length of the manga and the length of the series. Still 10 volumes is long enough for at least 50 episodes.
Not at the pace that Busou Renkin is going. Half the manga has already been covered in this first half of the anime, without having left out anything. It looks like 26 episodes will work just fine. Considering that everything is one story arch, really, it's highly unlikely that anything will be left out, any event, any plot point, any character.
Old 2007-01-06, 23:21   Link #318
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeli View Post
Not at the pace that Busou Renkin is going. Half the manga has already been covered in this first half of the anime, without having left out anything. It looks like 26 episodes will work just fine. Considering that everything is one story arch, really, it's highly unlikely that anything will be left out, any event, any plot point, any character.
Oh good, they're doing it properly then (this is a rarity). Well I'll go with the anime rather than the manga then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster

And I never said you did.

It was more a dig at stuff you've said in other threads but I suppose you wouldn't know anything about that.
I know exactly what you mean about me and the Haruhi threads on the Sokou No Strain topic. However, why the cheap shot?

On a side note the opening gives yet more credence to my theory that the high ups in the anime industry love me again this year. Good ol Basara Neki. They could have just as easily had Aya Hirano do some sort of opening, but they threw me a bone here and deferred to somebody I absolutely adore, Yoshiki Fukuyama. Been a long ass time since I heard a male singer do an opening let alone one of my favourites. Furthermore, they seem to have stopped having openings for action series that sound like they belong in a romance series. For a while it seemed like the industry was just throwing songs into shows that were popular in order to sell CD's regardless of whether they fit or not.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-01-06 at 23:47.
Old 2007-01-06, 23:33   Link #319
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Oh good, they're doing it properly then (this is a rarity). Well I'll go with the anime rather than the manga then.
In the aspect of action, that would be a wise choice. The only thing about BR is that it felt rather rushed for me for the manga, so I was hoping they would do a better job in making the ending "not so rushed" instead, perhaps inserting one or two filler episodes to enhance character development or relationships.
Old 2007-01-07, 02:08   Link #320
ThoHell

After watching 14, all I got to say is Kazuki = PIMP! His character is so awesome, even though too idealistic at times.

Spoiler for title:

Last edited by ThoHell; 2007-01-08 at 01:03.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, shounen