AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-29, 13:42   Link #61
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Here's a crazy thought, The first preview of Halo 3 was in a desert right? Well I came up with a theory. The Phropt of Regret 'landed' in Africa, and there's a theory that we all are ancestors of somebody in Africa. OK? What if, The forerunners are us but we don't know it!?! In the first game, Gulity Spark always called you a Reclaimer, and in Halo 2 he called Cpt. Keys's Daughter, a reclaimer. And no one can honesty anwser me why there's a huge forerunner structer in the middle of Africa! Oh, and the red Moniter called you a reclaimer also!

I have a lot to think about ok

Oh I saw the new Brutes, and maybe they can be used in multiplayer!

Last edited by Scourge87; 2007-04-02 at 12:06. Reason: forgot something
Scourge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 19:47   Link #62
Lebron
I hear voices

Yup, it's best not to think about, since it's so far away

However, the MP beta is coming out this spring. But I'm not going to disagree with your theory, it sounds believable, and hell could very well turn out something like that. Ah, I love Halo's story, not MC story arc, but the entire Halo universe story. Really hope they get working on the movie again, soon.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 13:01   Link #63
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Well, I've been a Halo fan since The it started. Some of my buddies call me, "The John Elway of Halo". I personlly don't think so. At some tournies, I got ran over!

Why did they stop the Halo movie? Plus, that movie HAS to better than Mario Bros. Movie, Street Fighter, etc. Hollywood screws this up, I think every Halo fan will riot!
I know I would. LOL
Old 2007-01-31, 21:22   Link #64
Lebron
I hear voices

In a nutshell, the 2 previous movie companies that were funding the movie, tried to get them to lower the budget and also were concerned about the lack of experience the director has. So MS and Peter Jackson, said screw yall, we're not changing crap.

Thus, they left. MS was going to fund the project themselves, but then they started looking for other companies to fund it. However I'm sure by the end of the year if they can't find a company thats willing to put up the 200million budget for this movie, MS will just fund it themselves. Since they were going to do that in the first place.

It will be fine
Old 2007-02-02, 03:16   Link #65
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

You know, this is the reason why people actually go to Uwe Boll to make Videogame movies: sure, the movies he makes are absolute crap, but his director's fee is down to the level of a B-Movie producer.

Put it this way: Hollywood people think in terms of money soonest. If a director says he's going to make a hit game into a movie but he needs a bajillion dollars to do it, the studios will tell him to go screw himself. But if a director says he only needs ten bucks to make a hit video game into a movie, they'll shell out the money. Studios usually assume "Hell, even if it's a crap movie, videogamers are stupid enough to watch this shit, so at least we'll make tons of money!"

I don't know if Peter Jackson really needs that big a budget to work with Halo, but at this rate, it'd better be an absolute box-office success.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 11:20   Link #66
Lebron
I hear voices

Yup, Wavehawk, that also is true. You've seen that happen with a lot of hit video game franchises, ala, Mario, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat for example.

Personally, I rather them not make it at all if they're going to half ass it. Many of the video game to movie projects are of games that didn't have an all to compelling story to get begin with. So it's like what you expect?
Old 2007-02-02, 12:39   Link #67
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

if there is a halo movie, I rather play the entire halo series again
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 11:07   Link #68
Gibilterra

HALO series,they are nice games of Xbox.
I want more nice games in Xbox360
Gibilterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 16:12   Link #69
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Yup, Wavehawk, that also is true. You've seen that happen with a lot of hit video game franchises, ala, Mario, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat for example.

Personally, I rather them not make it at all if they're going to half ass it. Many of the video game to movie projects are of games that didn't have an all to compelling story to get begin with. So it's like what you expect?
Hollywood just doesn't understand us gamers. They only see money and fame. We want The Master Chief's legacy to be perfect! Soon they're going to screw up DOA! Metroid got outta there quickly! I've even heard rumors of a Gears of War Movie?!? Also a KOTOR, SW:Republic Commando!
Why does Hollywood have to ruin some games? Resident Evil(one) was a kick ass movie. That's one to my knowelge. I was hoping that they used Doom 3's storyline for the movie. They didn't. Where does the madness end?

If they're going to make the Halo movie, they need to be damn sure that it doesn't suck. I want to see the Halo movie to live up to The Master Chief's legacy.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:14   Link #70
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge87 View Post
SW:Republic Commando!
They better not screw up on a movie of that if they're going to make one. Thats my favorite Star Wars game.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 14:05   Link #71
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
They better not screw up on a movie of that if they're going to make one. Thats my favorite Star Wars game.
I just finished that one. I loved it, badass ending too. Yes, if they do make that one into a movie, do it right!
Old 2007-03-30, 19:24   Link #72
Lebron
I hear voices

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...news&cid=12324

Really isn't Halo 3 related, but Bungie will be releasing 2 new maps for Halo 2 on April 17th, called Desolation and Tombstone. Also, if you notice, I think the map name is Tombstone, but anyway, it's really a recreated Hang Em' High from the first Halo.
Old 2007-04-01, 16:13   Link #73
Red Herring
SPARTANS

Man I haven't played Halo 2 in a few months. I remember I played nonstop for like two years. Last time I checked Query Spree I had over 40,000 kills.

I'm a huge fan of Halo, I'm thinking of getting Crackdown for the Halo 3 Beta but I don't really care about Crackdown. It all comes down to how big a nerd I am...
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 12:08   Link #74
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Man I haven't played Halo 2 in a few months. I remember I played nonstop for like two years. Last time I checked Query Spree I had over 40,000 kills.

I'm a huge fan of Halo, I'm thinking of getting Crackdown for the Halo 3 Beta but I don't really care about Crackdown. It all comes down to how big a nerd I am...
Is the Beta really good or what?
Old 2007-04-02, 12:19   Link #75
Lebron
I hear voices

Beta hasn't started yet :P
Old 2007-04-02, 12:36   Link #76
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Beta hasn't started yet :P
Okay, I'm going insane now. When is it supposed to start? Christmas?
Old 2007-04-02, 16:24   Link #77
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge87 View Post
Okay, I'm going insane now. When is it supposed to start? Christmas?
sometime this spring, I'm guessing around the end of April or in May. They haven't announced anything yet though.
Old 2007-05-12, 19:43   Link #78
Lebron
I hear voices

Double Post ftw,

just giving a update that the Beta starts this Wednesday, so go out and rent Crackdown(if you haven't already bought it) if you didn't get an invite through one of the many contests around the net.

If anyone plans on participating, let me know. Always looking for more people to snipe :P
Old 2007-09-16, 19:07   Link #79
Zhuge_Liang Kongming

Send a message via MSN to Zhuge_Liang Kongming
HALO 3!!!!! OUT IN SEPTEMBER 25th 2007

this is it......alot of us hav been waiting for it!
the release of halo 3 will be worldwide on sep,25.2007.

to be honest, i didnt think it'll come out so early, i thought the release date was on december, but im not complaining.

WE ARE ON THE EVE OF THE BIGGEST VIDEO GAME RELEASE OF ALL TIME!!

Zhuge_Liang Kongming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 21:59   Link #80
matt4212

yep ive reserved it, but it comes out on the 24th for me
matt4212 is offline   Reply With Quote