AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-25, 08:45   Link #1
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
A Wolf Among Us (PS3/360/PC/Vita)

Quote:
The Wolf Among Us is an ongoing episodic graphic adventure based on Bill Willingham's Fables comic book series. It was developed by Telltale Games and it is canon with the comic book universe. The game will consist of five episodes, with the first episode being released for Microsoft Windows and Xbox Live Arcade worldwide on October 11, 2013, for OS X worldwide on October 14, 2013, and for PlayStation Network on October 15, 2013 in North America.

The Wolf Among Us is a point-and-click adventure game, where the player, in control of the protagonist Bigby Wolf, can move about the environment and examine and interact with other characters or objects. It is similar to Telltale's previous game, The Walking Dead, in that the player may make choices in their actions or through conversation trees that will influence future events in the story, including events in future episodes. These include major decisions, such as deciding which of two culprits to chase after while allowing the other to go free. Like The Walking Dead, these choices are recorded by Telltale, and general statistics on the major choices are presented to the player after completing each episode to allow them to compare their take on the story to others. Telltale has worked to make some of these choices affect parallel events within the narrative, such as chosing which of two people to help first, and later learning from the second one that their help could have been used before.

The Wolf Among Us is set 20 years before the events of the first issue of Fables. For many years many of the magical and mystical lands described in myth, legend, and folklore (known colloquially as "the homelands") have been occupied by an enigmatic tyrant known only as the Adversary. To escape the Adversary's marauding armies and totalitarian regime many creatures and characters known as "fables" fled to the mundane world and created an enclave known as Fabletown in colonial America, now located in modern-day Manhattan. To mask their presence from the native humans (referred to as "mundies") all non-human fables have to purchase an enchantment known as a "glamour" which allows them to appear human, or be relocated to a rural community known as "The Farm". The reformed Big Bad Wolf, Bigby Wolf, is the sheriff of Fabletown and is responsible for hiding the community from the wider world and enforcing its laws.
Well... after watching the entirety of Episode One... I'd say if your a fan of The Walking Dead game.... I'd DEFINITELY recommend you guys check this one out.
Old 2013-10-26, 16:26   Link #2
Skane
Anime Snark

I needed a drink after the ending of the first episode...

Old 2013-11-01, 09:18   Link #3
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It was THAT good, wasn't it? Even for me, who follow the comic book regularly, this felt exhilarating! Can't wait for more...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 10:01   Link #4
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well certainly sounds tempting enough to save up some money to eventually pick this up .
Old 2013-11-01, 11:02   Link #5
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well certainly sounds tempting enough to save up some money to eventually pick this up .
Save up? It's only 5 bucks an episode.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 12:03   Link #6
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

An 19,99 on PSN...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 14:26   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If I'm going to pick something up I'll just get the whole whole thing at once. And yeah for some people they can't just throw around $20 without fitting it into the budget first. I pick up everything that remotely interests me that money will pile up fast.

Geeze people show interest in something and get ripped into like they didn't read into the pricing first.
Old 2013-11-01, 19:16   Link #8
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Much like the Walking Dead game, the presence of an observer made me want to be a "Good Guy". Mind you, I still snarked a lot of people (takes a sip ), but I didn't choose any of the "Absolute Douchebag" options.

After the gut-punch ending though... I kinda feel I won't be a "Nice Guy" next episode, but one who is going to regularly resonate people's skulls with my fists.

Natch.
Old 2013-11-01, 21:55   Link #9
Destined_Fate

The ending isn't as it seems, I believe.

Maybe I should start reading Fables since this was said to be canon to it. Though I wonder where it takes place at in the timeline.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 00:43   Link #10
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

For me, I did two playthroughs (two diff save files, of course). In the first, I tried my best to be as big of an asshole as possible. XD In the second, I tried to be as good as possible. I do like how in order to get all achievements you have to play it multiple times. I would have played it more than once regardless, but it gives other types of players more incentive to revisit episodes more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Maybe I should start reading Fables since this was said to be canon to it. Though I wonder where it takes place at in the timeline.
The game takes place "before the events seen in the first issue of the comics" according to the official website. Wikipedia states that it is set 20 years prior to the events in Fables, but I'm not sure where the source came from.
Old 2013-11-05, 00:54   Link #11
Dr. Casey

Legend says that in games that let you be good or evil, the route you pick first represents your true morality.

I've never played this game, but having recently finished reading Umineko (wolf and sheep puzzles!), it appeals to me just based off the name alone.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 01:33   Link #12
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ready for mind blowing ownage?

Who is the Wolf Among Us? Bigby? or the murderer?