AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 3.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 32.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-05, 17:29   Link #61
FlashCE

I like the new OP.

But it can't beat...

ITSUKA... BOKU GA MISETE A... GE... RU... HIKARI KAGAYAKKKUUUUUU

SEEEKAAAAAIIIIII WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-03-05, 17:40   Link #62
TigerII
Pilot in Training

What the fuck at the begining. These episodes suck. i miss serial killer kire and fanatical lover. Greed kKira is...cliche. Serial killer kira come back!

Still I wonder what will happen with Light gets his memories back(If they don't do this, it will suck). I wonder if his hibernation period's conscious will get at him.
Old 2007-03-05, 18:44   Link #63
Asianknight82
Banned

The new op sucks big time, i can't stand metal, all it is is loud sounds that makes no sense. Was the director smoking crack when he thought it was a good idea?
Old 2007-03-05, 21:28   Link #64
Rurik
Golden

Well, The New OP/ED well......... well, they were really Violent, I can't say I don't like them, I think the Music goes with the Animation of the Opening, not sure if it goes with the one in the Ending.

About the Chapter, Yeah, everyone here comes to the same Agreement, that the actual arc is Kind of Boring, but overall, I like the chapter, specially How L used Misa to do whathe wanted...and got to love Happy Friends Circle they formed
Old 2007-03-05, 22:27   Link #65
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I didnt like the OP but seriosuly ED was SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool . I keep watching it like ten times.
Old 2007-03-06, 13:31   Link #66
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

This episode was pretty good, I liked that Namikawa got some character depth in this episode, and the last part of the episode with Light, L, and Misa was great. As for the theme song, I liked it, had Mello and Near in it, and Light with his memories back, it also had a little L in it, the music's loud, but it's an interesting change.
Old 2007-03-06, 13:47   Link #67
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
AhhhH! my F'ing ears @_@

opening was awesome... during the first half of it that is... either than that, the ending of the opening sounded like crap x_X

Last edited by Hoshi_Kawa; 2007-03-06 at 13:58.
Old 2007-03-06, 17:59   Link #68
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This has already been countless of times in this thread still the new Ed really sucks its terrible . I can go so far as to say it tortures the listener . The First Op/Ed werent exactly catchy tunes for me , to be honest I found them pathetic . But as I continued watching they caught on The only solace will be something sinilar happens .

But Light theme was stuck in my head from ep 1 still is
Old 2007-03-06, 18:49   Link #69
Kisuke06
I see...

Well, i liked the new OP, but the Ed sucked...

This episode was good, nonetheless. Now Yagami, Matsuda and the other guy(don't really know his name)are going to work alone... Well, I'd put my money on L, Light and Misa. =P
Old 2007-03-06, 23:21   Link #70
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
Quote Slapslovski from youtube.com

"lol silly Japanese ppl, deathmetal is for Norway "

but anyways... after listening to the op for like an hour now, and having his crazy headace ... I think im a new fan of this type of music D: dont think my parents will be pleased if I was blasting this x_X

Personally the way I see it, alot of people may say it suxs now, but as they keep watching the anime, they'll get used to it
Old 2007-03-07, 03:28   Link #71
Jerseykid

Misa kissed Ryuzaki! Here is hoping for a threesome!
Old 2007-03-07, 09:19   Link #72
Lambda

Unremarkable episode generally, but can I be the first to say how absolutely horrible the new credits music is? Mmm, seems I was beaten to it. Ah well.
Old 2007-03-08, 09:07   Link #73
hailstorm

The opening is an acquired taste. You'll either love it or hate it, but you won't ignore it.

Lyrics are quite fitting too. Light is the 'ningen sucker, ningen fucker' of the series.

The song will make a nice ringtone.
Old 2007-03-09, 10:54   Link #74
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

You can just find it horrible and move on, ignoring it. And it's not acquired taste. It's just bad music.

It's funny how people speak so highly of the previous OP (crappy too) now that the new one has come. Ah well.
Old 2007-03-09, 21:02   Link #75
Pandalax

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
Spoiler:
Yea, I don't think everyone realizes the irony in this. Ever since Kira lost his deathnote powers, I think a lot of people forget that Light was Kira while watching the episode. The creator is really clever.

As for the OP, I haven't really developed an opinion towards it yet. It's really different and refreshing...different from all the normal crap we hear in animes. At least it catches everyone's attention.
Old 2007-03-11, 12:29   Link #76
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Makeshift

So late! I have to catch quickly with the episode rate.

Anyways, it is ironic to see Light putting quite a fight with L to prove that he is not Kira. At the start, he had the DEATH NOTE and became delirious with the ideal of making a criminal-free world.

But this Light almost convinces me that he's acquitted from all guilt. However, L's intuition proves too sharp to keep the possibility outright open that Light's in any other way is Kira, and he's scheming to have L killed in order to inherit the name of 'L' and manipulate the police while being Kira in secret.

What we have for this episode is a stalemate. A stuck-up because the investigation team is quarreling between themselves on the methods to approach the Yotsuba group and laid hands on Kira for once and all.

IMO, I much more inclined with L's approach, because arresting the 7 heads won't conduct to Kira's arrest, and on worst of cases those seven will end up dead closing chances to get clues as to Kira's whereabouts or hismodus operandi.

It was really unexpected that they kept the seriousness of the plot moving while inserting the whole comic-relief with Misa. I am suspecting that L's underneath motives were to judge and test Misa's reactions for Light to keep open also his suspicions about her being the second Kira.
Misa is just an open book outright filled with everything written on it for the inquisitive minds of L.

Light has no other choice but join L's game or else Misa is not going.

L makes another "friend" and receives a Misa kiss, but wait this is just as a token of friendship because Misa does not fathoms the possibility about L dating her.
Old 2007-03-17, 11:52   Link #77
nirvanashore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Just to clear up any speculation regarding the lyrics of the opening song, here are the actual lyrics:

The "controversial" part goes like:
"HEY HEY! Ningen SUxxx! Aa Ningen... Ningen FUxxx!"

Hope this helps.
HeyHey! 人間賛歌 愛逃げ 人間不安か? (Heyhey, Ningen sanka. Ai nige ningen Fuanka?)
HeyHey! 人間傘下 HeyHey! 人間不安感 (Heyhey, Ningen sanka. Heyhey, Ningen Fuankan.)
HeyHey! 人間傘下 己ら 永遠人間不安感(Heyhey, Ningen sanka. Onorera eien ningen Fuankan)
嗚呼 人間・・・(Aa, ningen...)

Just to correct it. Once I heard it, I thougt it was in English, too but actually in Japanese
Closed Thread