AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-14, 00:09   Link #521
Michsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why couldn't Pan go SSJ? (when kid vegeta and goku jr. were able to)
I guess the official explination is that her saiyan blood is too diluted.
But the goku jr. vs. Vegeta jr. at the end of GT kinda negates that statement.
What Waking_dreamer said is pretty much the real reason. I don't even think Akira Toriyama ever drew a full blooded female saiyan
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:42   Link #522
GDB

The real answer:

Because GT was absolutely terrible.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 14:07   Link #523
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Wow he's already going to reach King Kai by ep 6? That's what I'm talking about.
Oh I'm sure this has been mentioned before but its the best fan dub I've ever heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj9IdUR7qaw
There's 9 episodes so far.
Yep the Abridged series are genius

Every goddamn episode is so good,first time i watched it i had tears when they reached the bug planet ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 21:43   Link #524
Judge Bao
Environmental Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
^ I thought at first that the Broly movie would be good to watch too...but the complete pwnage didnt really do it for me.

I know its probably to emphasize Broly's power but there was no really hierarchy of fighter levels except for Brolly>>>>>>>everything and everyone else. It didnt matter if that was a super sayain or krillin....no difference in the presence of Brolly.

Super Android 13 movie allowed the fighters to flex their muscles at various levels while still having a decent amount of super sayains eating dust (or should I say ice). Super Android 13 dribbling ssj Goku on the ice like a basketball is still one of my most memorable pwnage scenes.
For less pwnage, it should be "Broly: Second Coming"

P.S. second coming = best movie title ever lol
Judge Bao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 15:23   Link #525
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Yep the Abridged series are genius

Every goddamn episode is so good,first time i watched it i had tears when they reached the bug planet ;d
The Abridged series is just too darn funny and I love it! This is even faster than DB Kai.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 00:02   Link #526
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The real answer:

Because GT was absolutely terrible.
Very true. At first, I found reversing Goku back into being a child somewhat forgivable, but it soon got annoying. My irritation was later reinforced by some whacked out character outlines, such as Goten being too immersed in dating, Vegeta growing a stache... etc.

When GT nerfed every Z fighter aside from Goku however, was the breaking point for me. That was it. While Goku may have been the hero, the other Z fighters were not entirely worthless without his presence. In GT, everyone was dumbed down, and even occasionally proved to be more of an obstacle than aid.

Then they forced Buu off by having him merge with Uub? Why? Uub was utterly boring, not to mention him being next to worthless throughout the entire show. And Vegeta... oh, what have they done to him!

I can go on, but I'd be typing a book if I do.

*Sigh* You know, it takes a special kind of anime to actually extract this much rant from me... GT is one of them.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-05-17 at 01:08.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 01:07   Link #527
Michsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
When GT nerfed every Z fighter aside from Goku however, was the breaking point for me. That was it. While Goku may have been the hero, the other Z fighters were not entirely worthless without his presence. In GT, everyone was dumbed down, and even occasionally proved to be more of an obstacle than aid.

- Tak
Really? I haven't really watched much of GT but I thought the only the non-saiya-jin warriors got screwed over. I mean Yamcha and Tenshinhan only make cameo appearnces, Krillin is so old and Piccolo dies. But the saiyan part of the group seemed to get plenty of screen time.
Old 2009-05-17, 03:09   Link #528
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michsi View Post
Really? I haven't really watched much of GT but I thought the only the non-saiya-jin warriors got screwed over. I mean Yamcha and Tenshinhan only make cameo appearnces, Krillin is so old and Piccolo dies. But the saiyan part of the group seemed to get plenty of screen time.
Screen time does not equal to combat efficiency. They nerfed Gohan, Vegeta, Goten & Trunks so much its not even funny. Never mind that GT completely disregarded the fusion between Goten & Trunks, while downplaying their friendship, an element that once made that pair so interesting in DBZ.

At the end, the rest of the Saiyan warriors became just curious onlookers. They were never really useful, while Vegeta, the allegedly 2nd strongest of the heroes, lagged behind Goku so much that he remained at SSJ2, which is not very Vegeta-like considering their rivalry. Moreover, it was not until the last couple episodes did he finally gain the ability to transform into SSJ4, but even so, it was done through artificial means.

Anyway, GT should just be forgotten and deleted from our memories.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-17, 03:46   Link #529
Michsi

Quote:
Screen time does not equal to combat efficiency. They nerfed Gohan, Vegeta, Goten & Trunks so much its not even funny. Never mind that GT completely disregarded the fusion between Goten & Trunks, while downplaying their friendship, an element that once made that pair so interesting in DBZ.

At the end, the rest of the Saiyan warriors became just curious onlookers. They were never really useful, while Vegeta, the allegedly 2nd strongest of the heroes, lagged behind Goku so much that he remained at SSJ2, which is not very Vegeta-like considering their rivalry. Moreover, it was not until the last couple episodes did he finally gain the ability to transform into SSJ4, but even so, it was done through artificial means.

- Tak
Well it's nice to know that not only my favorite character got screwed over even though a bit more than the others.

also

Anybody else got the feeling that they made Goku seem kinda cold and detached from his family and friends at the end. His goodbye was so...casual. As if the prospect of never seeing any of them ever again wasn t painful for him and all.
I was a bit dissapointed about that.
Old 2009-05-17, 12:27   Link #530
GDB

Well, he did basically shrug off his family at the end of DBZ to go train this random kid he'd never met before. Plus, he let both of his sons, his friend's son, and his friend/true father figure for his oldest son die so that he could save Dende and random Hercule.

Granted that was just a plot hole so Hercule could be useful, and so Goku could save the day rather than Gohan, but still.

Granted, the only part of anything after Cell Saga that I liked was Gohan gaining Mystic power and Videl, but still.
Old 2009-05-17, 14:12   Link #531
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, he did basically shrug off his family at the end of DBZ to go train this random kid he'd never met before. Plus, he let both of his sons, his friend's son, and his friend/true father figure for his oldest son die so that he could save Dende and random Hercule.
Well, what the end of the manga did not inform us is where the training was to take place, and if that meant never contacting his family again. As for saving Satan, Vegeta questioned Goku's wisdom in performing the feat, which ended up with Goku giving the audience the closest thing to "oh... shit".

Toriyama knew where to end the story, and that is why following the introduction of a youthful Trunks & Gotens in the Buu arc, the DBZ saga ended before it start sucking. GT was an exercise of over-killing the concept. The obvious intention for GT was to milk money, which did not end up being particularly successful.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-17, 15:07   Link #532
Michsi

Quote:

Toriyama knew where to end the story, and that is why following the introduction of a youthful Trunks & Gotens in the Buu arc, the DBZ saga ended before it start
I think I read an interview once where Toriyama admited that by the time Dragonball ended, and I think he means the manga here, it was already starting to lose popularity (so it had past it s prime). DBZ the anime continued for at least another year. If they knew this why did they continue with GT.
Old 2009-05-17, 15:25   Link #533
GDB

Because even though it was waning in popularity, they knew there was still enough to soak up some more money.
Old 2009-05-17, 15:37   Link #534
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I couldn't agree more with this. Speaking of SSJ2, it's absolutely ridiculous how it was never even used in this series. The only SSJ transformations we see are 1,3, and 4. In SSJ2, the trademark features are electricity intermittently flashing around the body and a lot more strands of hair (the hair is finer and sharper, if you will). This transformation was skipped entirely, which really got on my nerves.

And why they made Gohan go SSJ is beyond me. He is not supposed to go SSJ any more because he is already at his highest power potential with his mystic enhancement. However, due to Toei being incompetent and disregarding this information, they made Gohan on par or arguably weaker than the likes of Vegeta, Goten, and Trunks, which really made no sense since he is far stronger than said individuals.

Quote:
Amen to that.

So has anyone here seen DB Kai Episode 7? I enjoyed this episode immensely, for we got to see Goku catch Bubbles and hit Gregory, some good filler scenes with Piccolo training Gohan in the wilderness and the earthlings training on Kami's lookout, and Baba (who is now voiced by Mayumi Tanaka - the voice actress of Krillin and Yajirobe) having a discussion with Master Roshi and Bulma. Best of all, Vegeta and Nappa will land on Earth in the next episode according to the preview. We're soon to be in for one heck of a ride everyone.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-05-17 at 15:51.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 16:10   Link #535
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
And why they made Gohan go SSJ is beyond me. He is not supposed to go SSJ any more because he is already at his highest power potential with his mystic enhancement. However, due to Toei being incompetent and disregarding this information, they made Gohan on par or arguably weaker than the likes of Vegeta, Goten, and Trunks, which really made no sense since he is far stronger than said individuals.
Exactly. SSJ for Gohan was no longer necessary. Sadly, he wasn't even all that useful when he went SSJ in GT either. The biggest problem though, is still with the way they nerfed Vegeta. One could scarcely imagine that, after all these years, Vegeta still cannot achieve at least SSJ3? If GT treated Vegeta as the 2nd best (notably in the Baby saga), at least make him look the part!

- Tak

Old 2009-05-17, 16:12   Link #536
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So Vegeta and Nappa will land next episode then? Good news. We'll be in for one hell of a couple of months after that.

As for all this GT talk, the only part i liked about it was Super 17, though that's basically because i loved 17 in DBZ.
Old 2009-05-17, 17:17   Link #537
Alchemist007
*Author

I treat GT as what it is, a doujin (fan made )
Old 2009-05-17, 17:45   Link #538
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Man if they actually wanted to show some fillers they could have inserted the whole Yamcha, Tien, Krillin and Chaotzu training cuz' we will be seeing less humans then usual.

Guess Bleach is getting to me and making me wish that every minor character had a decent fight but you can't change manga. GT was only good to check out Vegeta's mustache, that was pretty funny. Everything else was a big pain.
Old 2009-05-17, 19:39   Link #539
RDF2050
Superidol

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So has anyone here seen DB Kai Episode 7? I enjoyed this episode immensely, for we got to see Goku catch Bubbles and hit Gregory, some good filler scenes with Piccolo training Gohan in the wilderness and the earthlings training on Kami's lookout, and Baba (who is now voiced by Mayumi Tanaka - the voice actress of Krillin and Yajirobe) having a discussion with Master Roshi and Bulma. Best of all, Vegeta and Nappa will land on Earth in the next episode according to the preview. We're soon to be in for one heck of a ride everyone.

Hey people just waiting what the fansub will do with the

It's over 9,000 xD
Old 2009-05-17, 20:09   Link #540
Tak

GT ended in a mess too, especially that whole 100 year break. Suddenly Pan doesn't recognize Bulma's descendants? Or even Capsule corp? Am I supposed to accept that, despite Goku's departure, the two families never came into contact with each other again?

That, and I just hope people don't start shipping DB...

- Tak (because there were some who were trying to ship Pan x Trunks... and that was just wrong)