AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 00:17   Link #1561
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by yFSC View Post
I don't think there's any need to do that, since the OVA BD has been #1 on Amazon's pre-orders since it was announced.

That, and the One-Off BD (concert/Seiyuu Q&A) has been #3-#4 in the same span of time.

Not to mention the DVDs have been 1/2 respectively.

They'll sell well.
At least buy something if you really want to support this series

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Tatenashi is introduced in Vol 5, not 4.
But, but...there is a girl...like a Queen of a Cold River.
And behind her is the full moon, she's smiling.
She closed her folding fan....
Moe?

Why the author like to use Moon in the epilogue I ponder

But S2? Not sure if want :/ , if the studio adapts more of the fanservice....I still want Maaya Sakamoto as Tatenashi Ψ( ̄∀ ̄)Ψ. and Nana Mizuki as Kuu
Old 2011-06-08, 01:04   Link #1562
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Why the author like to use Moon in the epilogue I ponder
- There's a "mysterious rabbit" in the moon, "pounding sweets" for "mochi balls". No, I am not making this up.

Ten gets you twenty it's a reference to tabane.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 02:54   Link #1563
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- There's a "mysterious rabbit" in the moon, "pounding sweets" for "mochi balls". No, I am not making this up.

Ten gets you twenty it's a reference to tabane.
Yep, I know that. But is it that simple? May be it is, because it's a light novel after all
Old 2011-06-08, 14:06   Link #1564
yFSC

Quote:
At least buy something if you really want to support this series
And that was relevant....how?

Dude said for someone to buy the stock out themselves. Of course an exaggeration, but still.
yFSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 14:16   Link #1565
justpassingby

Quote:
And that was relevant....how?

Dude said for someone to buy the stock out themselves. Of course an exaggeration, but still.
Yeah, but still...buy something to support this series?
Old 2011-06-08, 22:37   Link #1566
hungryman238

hmmm i wonder how hard it'll be to find in florida
hungryman238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 05:19   Link #1567
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Since the Anime's been licensed, I don't think it'll be a problem--the question is: when.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 16:42   Link #1568
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryman238 View Post
hmmm i wonder how hard it'll be to find in florida
You just need to search in the best place possible for J-Culture. I bet that most anime-selling shops only sell dubbed animes or very popular ones subbed.
Old 2011-06-09, 17:35   Link #1569
hungryman238

yum i had sushi for dinner ^_^ and thx i know
hungryman238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 19:04   Link #1570
yFSC

Quote:
Yeah, but still...buy something to support this series?
It's almost like you're implying someone here doesn't.
Old 2011-06-09, 19:09   Link #1571
justpassingby

^ Nope. I know some people in the Merchandise Thread did. And you're the one who's implying I implied that.

To put back this thread on topic, the name for one of Houki's sword is Amadzuki "Rainy Moon" (right hand), where in the novel, in Shinonono's Sword Style, the right hand is used for [斬り] Behead. [断ち] Cut, [貫き] Go/Pierce Through.
I wonder how can Tabane escapes her duty as first child to carry on the sword school. Or may be they have brother or distance relatives twice removed to inherit the sword.
Akatsubaki left sword is Karaware (Crack the Sky)
And Ugachi literally means "Drill the 1000"...

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-06-09 at 19:33.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 19:32   Link #1572
yFSC

Quote:
^ Nope. I know some people in the Merchandise Thread did. And you're the one who's implying I implied that.
I'm only implying you implied that because you implied that I implied th-- aw **** it.

Still, you might want to calm yourself with the eye rolling. Didn't your mother ever tell you they'll get stuck like that?
Old 2011-06-09, 19:37   Link #1573
justpassingby

Quote:
I'm only implying you implied that because you implied that I implied th-- aw **** it.

Still, you might want to calm yourself with the eye rolling. Didn't your mother ever tell you they'll get stuck like that?
Or, may be you're the one who should calm down, and not resort to name calling? And let me use something else <----that is to exercise my eyes
Also, my previous edit was one minute late.

Have to put this thread back on topic again.
I opt "Karaware" to be translated as "Split the Heaven"
The original purpose of IS is for space exploration, but the novel doesn't delve into this. So lets look this from other POV, Houki's birthday is July 7 (Tanabata), where the "River" is the Milky Way. Shino as in "篠" means "Bamboo" grass, which probably can be remotely relates to Tales of Bamboo Cutter. And looking at Akatsubaki weapons' name, I wonder what Tabane really wants from Houki?

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-06-09 at 21:12. Reason: Changing 'crack' to 'Split'
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 20:21   Link #1574
yFSC

Quote:
Or, may be you're the one who should calm down, and not resort to name calling? And let me use something else <----that is to exercise my eyes
I'm pretty sure everybody on this forum right now is calm, unless reading that made your blood pressure rise. Not sure where you got that from.

Or the name calling. I didn't see that either.

Maybe you should exercise your eyes a little more and re-read things before you post .
Old 2011-06-09, 20:26   Link #1575
justpassingby

Quote:
I'm pretty sure everybody on this forum right now is calm, unless reading that made your blood pressure rise. Not sure where you got that from.

Or the name calling. I didn't see that either.

Maybe you should exercise your eyes a little more and re-read things before you post .

Quote:

You should reread your own post matey. Why do you have to use 'mother' I may ask
Yeah, you're the one should be calm?
And I'm calm. That's why I'm trying to stay on topic. Can you do that? Or can you not?
Old 2011-06-09, 20:39   Link #1576
yFSC

Quote:

You should reread your own post matey. Why do you have to use 'mother' I may ask
Yeah, you're the one should be calm?
And I'm calm. That's why I'm trying to stay on topic. Can you do that? Or can you not?
Uh, that's a very common and known proverb(although it isn't true, so it can't really be called a proverb. Maybe just a 'saying'). Don't tell me you've never heard it before.

Like I said, I'm calm, always have been. Unless you count just watchin' episode 9 of Ano Hana.....all kinds of mess going on there.

Anyways, I was on topic in replying to that guy with info reassuring him the sales stability of IS. You're the one that had to reply with a sarcastic remark, so shouldn't I be asking you that question?
Old 2011-06-09, 20:44   Link #1577
justpassingby

Quote:
Uh, that's a very common and known proverb(although it isn't true, so it can't really be called a proverb. Maybe just a 'saying'). Don't tell me you've never heard it before.

Like I said, I'm calm, always have been. Unless you count just watchin' episode 9 of Ano Hana.....all kinds of mess going on there.

Anyways, I was on topic in replying to that guy with info reassuring him the sales stability of IS. You're the one that had to reply with a sarcastic remark, so shouldn't I be asking you that question?
Proverb or saying, it's not appropriate for some people. Don't tell me it didn't cross your mind?

I watch Ano Hana too, the best this season has to offer, along some other anime.

It was not a sarcastic remark. I wanted to encourage people to buy something if they really wanted to support this IS. Unless you misread it

See? You're implying
Old 2011-06-09, 20:50   Link #1578
yFSC

Quote:
Proverb or saying, it's not appropriate for some people. Don't tell me it didn't cross your mind?

I watch Ano Hana too, the best this season has to offer, along some other anime.

It was not a sarcastic remark. I wanted to encourage people to buy something if they really wanted to support this IS. Unless you misread it
It's not my fault if someone gets butthurt by a common saying. It's not like it's socially or morally unacceptable. People's reactions to non-inflammatory statements is never of my concern, and shouldn't be unless I'm in a position of power or political seat. Gotta remember, this is the internet.

Yes, Ano Hana is some of the best this season (my favorite tbh), but it's getting really convoluted. Still gonna keep my pre-orders unless Anaru totally flips out in the last two episodes.

Now, if you used a sarcastic rolling of the eyes without meaning any sarcasm with it, then we just had a whole page of discussion for absolutely no reason.

Also, editing to see if this shows up at the bottom.

Last edited by yFSC; 2011-06-09 at 20:52. Reason: Now that it has, I can't change the below. Ah well.
Old 2011-06-09, 21:08   Link #1579
justpassingby

Quote:
It's not my fault if someone gets butthurt by a common saying. It's not like it's socially or morally unacceptable. People's reactions to non-inflammatory statements is never of my concern, and shouldn't be unless I'm in a position of power or political seat. Gotta remember, this is the internet.
One of the reason why we have "Location" under our avatar is so that you can be considerate to other users when we post, and that so called "common saying" it's not socially or morally acceptable everywhere.
And gotta remember, we have something we called net ethics. And forum rules. If you have any qualms with my posts, just report them to moderators. Savvy?
Old 2011-06-09, 21:20   Link #1580
yFSC

Quote:
One of the reason why we have "Location" under our avatar is so that you can be considerate to other users when we post, and that saying it's not socially or morally unacceptable.
And gotta remember, we have something we called net ethics. And forum rules.
Maybe so, but it's not like I, or many others, pay attention to them. Like just now, I didn't even notice you were from Malaysia until you pointed it out. I'm not exactly how location is relevant to what I said, but I've never been to or actually known anybody from Malaysia, so it's not like you can expect for me to act in accord with what's acceptable there.

As I said, it's not my job or my prerogative to make sure every little thing I type is acceptable to every person that'll ever read it. Certain people will find even benign comments inflammatory. If you had a problem with that 'proverb', you could always take it up with a mod.

Net ethics are broad. And it's not like I was in violation of any forum rules, so I'm not sure where this is going.....

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen