AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-05-19, 20:57   Link #81
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

I'm actually fine with the downgrade in graphics from Attila. Of course that's because my PC can't run Attila well enough for good graphics. I'm still a bit skeptical about the trilogy and how much each expansion will cost. While they are tagging along all the other DLCs. It just really depends what they do, which is listed on their DLC plans. Just that passive fear given their history.

The disclosure has been uplifted so all the videos/etc are being released. http://steamcommunity.com/games/3643...08522592012642 Simply insane how much they compiled together for a steam announcement.

inb4 $15 for Kislev
Old 2016-05-24, 02:19   Link #82
Westlo
Lets be reality

Just unlocked....

WAAAGH!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 02:24   Link #83
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

>Saw 15 hours
>Forgot to keep track of time
>Was wondering why games were lagging.

FOR THE EMPIRE!!
Old 2016-05-24, 03:15   Link #84
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

How is the performance compared to Rome 2/Attila?
Rome 2 is a bit laggy to me, and Attila is even worse.
Old 2016-05-24, 03:25   Link #85
barcode120x
RN

Screw it, bought it now and DLing atm. I will be Warhamming it up during the morning/day, while Overwatching at night when the friends come online to group up and play

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 19:06   Link #86
barcode120x
RN

Loving how SMOOTH the game is running on ultra/maxed graphics compared to the Atilla. Currently on turn 168 as the dwarves with pretty much the whole orc/greenskin alliance/race destroyed. Pretty much all the dwarves and human factions are allied against the chaos and vampiric factions. I'm not too impressed with the dwarve units. I mean they have some nice guns, but no big ass units like the chaos or vampires have and they're not really that cool looking either. But I do have to say gyrocopters wreak havoc and irondrakes melt things as it was water.

Old 2016-05-27, 04:42   Link #87
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Is there a physical DVD version of the game on sale?
Old 2016-05-27, 20:39   Link #88
barcode120x
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Is there a physical DVD version of the game on sale?
Don't think so. Other sites are offering sales for it except of course it's just the downloadable edition.

I kinda rushed the game, but I already beat it on Dwarves on Hard/Normal mode. Playing as the Empire on Very Hard/Normal right now and it's freaking tough, so many enemy armies to deal with and enemies in general. Anyway, the only issue I have with this game is that it is really short. The campaign is significantly smaller than Rome 2 or Atilla, I'd say half the size, maybe even smaller. Kind of sucks, but IMO the game has much more replayability since it's basically different races with different units. Well, I know it's only been a few days, but I'm already looking forward to DLC and I hope they come out soon.

Old 2016-05-28, 00:47   Link #89
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

So performance is better than Rome/Atilla? Might have to get it then in a few weeks (purchased too many games recently, lols).
Old 2016-05-28, 02:04   Link #90
barcode120x
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
So performance is better than Rome/Atilla? Might have to get it then in a few weeks (purchased too many games recently, lols).
Hell yeah it is. I too bought a bunch of games, particularly Overwatch + loot crates for it , but ended up picking TW:W anyway. The 1-2 min turns for those was a freaking drag, but on here it is so smooth. Even towards the end of the campaign, the turns still got by so fast still. Honestly don't know if it's worth the price. I mean it's definitely doing a lot better IMO that Rome 2/Atilla in general (then again, I'm not one of those hardcore criticizers always looking for bugs in the game), but as mentioned in previous post, the campaign is significantly smaller.

Old 2016-05-28, 05:43   Link #91
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Don't think so. Other sites are offering sales for it except of course it's just the downloadable edition.
Well that sucks. My internet is bad right now and i don't think it can download a large file like Total War Warhammer. (Thankfully you can buy a physical copy of Overwatch on either PC or consoles.)
Old 2016-05-29, 22:56   Link #92
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

The game has ran smoothly for me. Much, much better then Attila did. Although for really big battles it does have its issues but that's probably just my PC.

Was doing a couple of Very Hard runs with Empire/Dwarves. Dwarves' initial challenge being easy really does make sense. Their starting units of Quarrelers and Dwarf Warriors can little deal with armies of Greenskins at the start. One skill that I adore is the 15% replenishment for Lord's army. This reduces my delay to only like 2-3 turns at most after a major battle. Although it does make my Lord really weak. So maybe just have it in regular armies. Still haven't gotten Empire's start down. All I know is that, you have to play super passive for both Dwarves and Empires. Until you can get your minor settlements to tier 3 with tier 2 defenses.

I absolutely love Lightning Strike though. Being able to pick off one full stack when there's 3 around it is a great guerilla warfare tactic. Especially when you win that battle and it makes the surrounding armies retreat even if you didn't fight them. I did a Legendary test run as Chaos. Archaeon is a monster at level 30. I just wish the AI wasn't so desperate to fight you, that they literally take attrition 24/7 and follow you around forever. I know you're Chaos, and the sin of the world. But when you have 3 Vampire Count stacks follow you all the way to Bretonnia, there's something wrong here. Still, Lightning Strike helps pick them off.

One of my biggest complaints comes from some spells being seemingly useless. While you have the Fate of Bjuna able to one shot an entire unit of Reiksguard. Then there's the lord targeting issue, where I tell him to duel the enemy Lord and gets 1-2 hits in before hitting the troops around him. If you have your lord on a mount then his combat performance becomes worse it seems. The skill paths do have some diversity in how you want to play that character, and there's no age to kill off your level 10 agents. I do hope they patch up continuous attacks on a settlement. I left Mount Squighorn alone and just kept sacking it over and over to get Thorgrim to level 12 really early in the game. While Frozen Landing is the same thing with Chaos, except for the fact Frozen Landing is infinite recoup and isn't in your way since you have to deal with growth. So free 12-15 levels there.

Gonna take a break there, really enjoyed my experience though. Now comes the worry of its DLC Plan.

Last edited by Hooves; 2016-05-30 at 01:54.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 08:40   Link #93
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-06-03, 12:38   Link #94
ImperialKnight

Finished VH Campaign as Empire and now playing as Dwarves VH.

As Hooves pointed out it's critical to establish your province ASAP and then grow/build to the point that each settlement has walls. The fact that you can only afford 1-2 armies up until midgame means you can't be everywhere at once.

Diplomacy is critical and if some areas are stable you can risk it but it's better to make sure all settlements have walls before you actually step out.

Due to the economic constraints you're forced to be aggressive but not too aggressive that you overstretch yourselves.

The minor settlement defenses are so impressive that when the AI attacks if you play your cards well you can actually throw them back.

The quests are fun to play with and I love the fact that we don't track time but instead "turns" meaning you can stick with the same characters for the entire game. I'm wondering if TW should simply do that from now on in their historical titles.

When CHAOS comes I like how the AI gangs up with you to fight them off. It actually makes the alliances worthwhile.

The battles are quite fun but I find magic spells in regards to multiple units kinda underwhelming but I don't mind it because I dislike the magic. Against single opponents they do seem effective.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 11:28   Link #95
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
The battles are quite fun but I find magic spells in regards to multiple units kinda underwhelming but I don't mind it because I dislike the magic. Against single opponents they do seem effective.
There was some testing towards that. Magic DOESN'T scale with unit size. For example, if I have the unit size set to small, and I cast Fate of Bjuna on an enemy unit. It'll one shot them. If the unit size is set to ultra, it'll take 2-3 to kill them.

Another example is Spirit Leech that takes about 3 or so casts to kill a lord on ultra. It only takes 1 Spirit Leech to kill them on small.
Old 2016-06-14, 23:16   Link #96
barcode120x
RN

I recommend picking up Radious' overhaul and unit mods for TW:W. He's done an awesome job in the past for Atilla and Rome 2 balances, fixes, and new units. I actually haven't played in a few weeks. I didn't want to burn my "urge" to play and been waiting for Radious' mods, but I'm off work the next couple days and I think I'll re-play as Dwarves again but on Very Hard, possibly legendary. When I first started, I enjoyed the Dwarves but I played on Hard, and it was too easy. Played as The Empire next but didn't really enjoy their units.

I dislike how they got rid of formations and I hope modders will be able to add that to the game still. If though you can use spear-like units against "large"/monstrous units, they still generally get stomped by them. If anything, the main 2 formations I'd like to have really is loose formation and spear wall and/or shield wall.

Last edited by barcode120x; 2016-06-15 at 03:27.
Old 2016-07-14, 00:29   Link #97
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here comes a new faction.

Old 2016-07-14, 15:21   Link #98
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

It seems obvious they'll be Horde-based. I'm curious how they'll affect Empire early game wise.

Does this mean Kislev will be the Free-LC faction coming with Beastmen?

Last edited by Hooves; 2016-07-14 at 15:39.
Old 2016-07-14, 21:11   Link #99
barcode120x
RN

Yay, super excited, it's a bout freaking time for new factions. Though, I am not a fan of horde factions at all. I wish they gave you the option to do horde or not like in TW: Atilla (except it was hard to get started if you decided to give up the horde status and go for provinces). I think the price for the DLC is WAY to much. $18 bucks just for one faction?! I mean I'll probably pick it up regardless, but c'mon CA, you could keep at $10...

Edit: The DLC includes 1 faction + a story campaign. So pricing is actually pretty accurate/fair. Don't mind me haha.

Last edited by barcode120x; 2016-07-14 at 22:49.
Old 2016-07-16, 07:41   Link #100
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

Steam page for everyone

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404012/

Orcs' Waagh with Chaos Horde. At least it isn't similar to either of them too much. It's interesting how they spread chaos influence as well. So it'll definitely annoy the Empire start a lot more.

Last edited by Hooves; 2016-07-16 at 10:31.

Tags
pc game, warhammer