AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-06, 19:41   Link #61
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

well at least they are following the novel. So it will get good eventually. But for now things still haven't picked up yet so its only decent but not good yet as a show.
Old 2008-04-07, 08:17   Link #62
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Ya, the Shinto concepts seem to be quite ancient for me. @_@ I was watching it and went like "huh" quite a bit. I only know the basic concept of "Wood, Water, Fire, Gold and Earth". Sigh. Anyway, I did try to do a basic summary of the first episode.

I feel kinda meh that I do not know some of the spells, since it seems to be based on some authentic history of Shinto.
Old 2008-04-07, 10:58   Link #63
arkxkra
全力全開

oh yeah, 1st impression for me is not bad, continue to watch, Kugen quite funny and naughty, look forward to next episode.
Old 2008-04-07, 11:27   Link #64
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-07, 12:18   Link #65
errorrrr

Wa ga ya oinari-sama

Adaptation of the light novel series by Jin Shibumura, and done by the popular CG Artist Houden Eizou (A.k.a. NeonVision). Light Novel series is up to volume 7 in Japan, and volume 6 in Traditional chinese. Japan side is released by Dengeki Bunko, and Chinese side is released by Kadokawa Taiwan. The novel is popular for its art, and its character. The novel received Gold Prize for Dengeki Novel Series for its first volume.

It also have a manga series adaptation.

Anime series began airing on April 6, 2008.

The story is about a fox spirit living with the Takagami family who has had a deep relation with the fox spirit for a long time. The mother side of the Takagami siblings is responsible for this deep relationship.

I'll post up picture later, or someone can do it for me :x

Officialy Japanese Title: 「我が家のお稲荷さま」
Old 2008-04-07, 15:19   Link #66
errorrrr

This novel is series is very good... The art is done by a very popular CG artist Houden Eizou. Who also has art works featured in Murata's ROBOT illustration books. In my personal opinion, I like Houden Eizou much more than Ito Noizi (Suzumiya Haruhi, Demonbane etc.)

For those who can read Chinese, Kadokawa Taiwan has licensed this series and has published up to Volume 6 or 7.
Old 2008-04-08, 08:05   Link #67
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
This novel is series is very good... The art is done by a very popular CG artist Houden Eizou. Who also has art works featured in Murata's ROBOT illustration books. In my personal opinion, I like Houden Eizou much more than Ito Noizi (Suzumiya Haruhi, Demonbane etc.)

For those who can read Chinese, Kadokawa Taiwan has licensed this series and has published up to Volume 6 or 7.
i know it being licened by taiwan kadokawa, anywher thx for the info.

Totally have 4 novel on my read list >.<" ...
Old 2008-04-11, 16:07   Link #68
Inf1nitY

The first episode is out !!!
go grab it :-)
Old 2008-04-11, 16:45   Link #69
SilentBob
I like corm

Oh lawd. Foxgirls? Kemonomimi? Must have! *leeches*
Old 2008-04-11, 17:39   Link #70
Midonin
Last Engage

Having just seen episode 1, I can say that Tenko is feisty. Yukana did a good job acting her part. Plus the battle wasn't badly done. I think I'm going to enjoy both kitsune shows this season.
Old 2008-04-11, 17:58   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2008-04-11, 18:06   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep1:
And I hope you would

He is just shameful for being the first one to try and run away. The man has no pride atm. I would be happy to see if he redeems himself somewhere in the near future ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-11, 18:29   Link #73
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Well, I'm contemplating whether or not to pick up this series as well, but I have little to no idea what the anime is about.
As of now, all I know is that at least two characters had ears and tails.

What genre would you classify this as?
And for those who might know a bit more about the series and where it will go, are there any other anime series you would liken this one to?

Thanks in advance!
Old 2008-04-11, 18:41   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And I hope you would

He is just shameful for being the first one to try and run away. The man has no pride atm. I would be happy to see if he redeems himself somewhere in the near future ^^
I'm not sure who else was the first candidate to run. The confident fox spirit? Family Guardian who had fought before? Demon...I mean grandmother who had seen her fair share of troubles? That other guy.....Maybe the little brother, but thought he was more of the type to just get locked into place rather than voice up running for it. It's only the first episode anyways, if the older brother keeps it up I won't cut him any slack.
Old 2008-04-11, 18:55   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Well, I'm contemplating whether or not to pick up this series as well, but I have little to no idea what the anime is about.
As of now, all I know is that at least two characters had ears and tails.

What genre would you classify this as?
And for those who might know a bit more about the series and where it will go, are there any other anime series you would liken this one to?

Thanks in advance!
Actually, only one character so far has ears and tails.
As far as I can see, the story is about:

Noboru, the plainest plain in this plain world of plain protagonists, goes to his loud, annoying, high-tensioned grandmother, with his younger brother. Due to a certain circumstance (see episode 1), they have to awaken a fox spirit that has no set gender, Kugen.
They go back home with Kugen, the energetically boring fox spirit, and Kou, who you will have plenty of fun playing staring games at, and their new life begins. <--not being negative or sarcastic, just observation; opinions might change in the future
Future episodes seem episodic.

Genre... Let's see, Supernatural/Fantasy, is how I see it. There will be school life and comedy too, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's only the first episode anyways, if the older brother keeps it up I won't cut him any slack.
Though it seems the last chance for a hostile encounter will be ep2, since ep3-4 seems to focus on other stuff. (Just my guess though, never read the novels.)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-11, 19:21   Link #76
yozaku
Always Idle

Look like Rental Magica

Nice eps 1, however the big boy is such a whimp
Old 2008-04-11, 22:13   Link #77
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Kou is moe. especially lol @ train scene

But apart from that, first episode bored me. I fast forwarded through almost the entire episode. Maybe it's the Shinto mythology that goes past my head,

Probably only going to see this for Kuu's relationship with Miyako (probably romantic), and see if Kou and Noboru gets closer (Noboru was practically drooling at their first meeting lol). Hopefully I won't get bored before that happens (if it even happens at all ^^; ).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-11, 22:50   Link #78
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
As excellent as Yukana's performance is in this show (as usual), I fear I will not be watching any more of this. It's boring and terribly uninteresting, poorly animated, awfully musicalized, and overall of subpar quality.

If only people hired Yukana for a leading role in better series... oh well.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2008-04-11, 23:08   Link #79
Hedd
Random Object

This series makes my kitsune tingle!
Old 2008-04-12, 02:10   Link #80
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I want to pick up this show but it feels like Kanokon . Is it different and how good the show is ? Please give me an unbiased reply ^o^

Tags
genderbender, kemonomimi, miko, shounen, supernatural