AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-04, 03:22   Link #761
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Well, it's company went bankrupt. And its two main series were Memories Off and the Infinity Series. The Memories Off series have continued since the company's demise. So I doubt the Infinity games(which are pretty similar to each other in nature) were THAT popular.
From the info I can find, the most recent original (non-port) releases in both series are both post-bankruptcy titles, having been released in 2008. And the PS2 version of the fourth Infinity game was the third best selling Japanese PS2 title the week it launched. Considering that I never implied that these games were Key level popular or anything, I think my point stands.

Considering the number of visual novel adaptations released the past few years I'd tend to say that popularity isn't the reason why we haven't seen an adaptation. I suspect the amount of time since the game was released and the difficulties that would be involved in adapting the game's story are the main reasons nobody has tried adapting it.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 07:36   Link #762
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Truthfully, I can come up with the most brilliant concept to animate Ever 17 and it won't matter. Since I don't actually have the capability of influencing anyone who makes these decisions.
Oh come on, no one here (probably) does, we are doing this for good ol' "fun". And theres always a chance that some yet-to-be-discovered genius director is lurking here, that will take those hints to his heart and create masterpiece called "Ever17 movie" in the future.
Yeah, those chances are slime, but still infinitely higher than no taking them at all.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 08:21   Link #763
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Oh come on, no one here (probably) does, we are doing this for good ol' "fun". And theres always a chance that some yet-to-be-discovered genius director is lurking here, that will take those hints to his heart and create masterpiece called "Ever17 movie" in the future.
Yeah, those chances are slime, but still infinitely higher than no taking them at all.
I don't think a genius director'd need or want our input to make it happen, they're geniuses after all. But yes, for "fun"
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 15:56   Link #764
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I've just finished this VN. What can i say it certainly has one of the most interesting plot i've seen in a story, it was very well made and untill Coco's path it is very hard to understand all the various mysteries.

Spoiler for plot:

Spoiler for Possible Anime rendition:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 16:26   Link #765
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for up to coco's arc:

Regarding the plotholes, I'm sorry I played the game about 2-3 years ago, I'm not confident enough to answer them without any possible contradiction . If no one comes and answers, I shall try to a bit later though.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-05 at 16:48. Reason: forgot spoiler
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 17:08   Link #766
4as
ForUs

Plotholes? o_O
Jan-Poo, you of course didint read the whole topic, did you ? :/
Old 2009-05-05, 17:41   Link #767
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

39 pages are long to read. Mind to explain?

Old 2009-05-05, 18:01   Link #768
Seitsuki
Onee!

cmon 4as at last we're sortta getting back on topic :P
uh as to why IBF was left alone for those 17 years: i think it was as it was ground zero for a deadly pandemic no one was terribly burdened to go back and re-release/get infected and therefore it was just kinda- ignored. on those routes IBF also managed not to get imploded somehow
Old 2009-05-05, 18:24   Link #769
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Not really satisfying ^^;

Spoiler for ever17:

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-05-05 at 19:18.
Old 2009-05-05, 22:12   Link #770
4as
ForUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for ever17:
Spoiler for Major spoiler for whole game:
Quote:
39 pages are long to read. Mind to explain?
You're not the first person to post those questions.
Ever person who had finished playing Ever17 comes here posts 2 questions (out of ~10 typical ones) that were already explained - do we really have to go over it again for each person ? :/ Read the whole topic and THAN ask (if you will have any) questions >_>
Old 2009-05-05, 22:46   Link #771
Seitsuki
Onee!

i just had a thought..
Spoiler for cure:
Old 2009-05-06, 07:30   Link #772
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Spoiler for Major spoiler for whole game:

You're not the first person to post those questions.
Ever person who had finished playing Ever17 comes here posts 2 questions (out of ~10 typical ones) that were already explained - do we really have to go over it again for each person ? :/ Read the whole topic and THAN ask (if you will have any) questions >_>
Spoiler for Spoiler:

You ask for the impossible, i'm not going to read 39 pages only to find out that there isn't any answer to those problems. I've read the first 10 pages and a search didn't yeld any satisfactory result. If you don't want to repeat yourself you can make a link to the post that according to you the same question has been answered already.
By the way my initial post wasn't really a request for an answer, rather I said that there were several plot holes. I documented myself enough to be rather sure that those things were not explained anywhere. Of course I might be wrong, but it's not like I was asking for a debate. Rather it's you that have a problem with what i said. I'm all open for a discussion but why are you complaining for something you started yourself?

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-05-06 at 09:34.
Old 2009-05-06, 09:32   Link #773
4as
ForUs

Spoiler for major spoiler for the whole game:

Look, to supple the details, I would also need to search this thread, however it is YOU who want answers, yet you are too lazy to look them up yourself. I dont really want to do that work for you.
Old 2009-05-06, 09:49   Link #774
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You got me wrong 4as i wasn't asking for answers i was merely giving my own opinion about this game and of course this mean telling the pros i found and the cons. The cons is that there are some plot holes in the story. I don't think i got something wrong or that i missed something.

It's you who think I did.

I'm not expecting any answer because i don't think there is any. Of course you can try to prove i'm wrong, but that's up to you.

Spoiler for major spoilers:

Old 2009-05-06, 10:01   Link #775
meh

Quote:
Spoiler for major spoiler for the whole game:

Look, to supple the details, I would also need to search this thread, however it is YOU who want answers, yet you are too lazy to look them up yourself. I dont really want to do that work for you.
I'm sorry, but have you ever tried to USE the search function on this board? I just tried to do a search just out of curiosity, and it was a load of worthless posts that barely filters out anything. You really need some incredibly unique search term to narrow these things down.

To be honest, if it really is as easy to search for the right post as you say, you should be able to find the posts and link them yourself in less time than it takes for you to belittle someone else. It's kind of ironic that you're spending more time doing nothing than it would be for you to actually help.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 12:05   Link #776
4as
ForUs

Quote:

Quote:
To be honest, if it really is as easy to search for the right post as you say, you should be able to find the posts and link them yourself in less time than it takes for you to belittle someone else. It's kind of ironic that you're spending more time doing nothing than it would be for you to actually help.
Im not telling him to use the Search function, im telling him to read the whole thread. If Searching would be that easy, I wouldnt call it a "work".
Old 2009-05-06, 14:52   Link #777
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-05-06 at 15:13.
Old 2009-05-06, 17:13   Link #778
4as
ForUs

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2009-05-06, 18:55   Link #779
Jan-Poo