AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 24.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-03, 06:57   Link #21
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Its apparently one of those absolute laws, even at the cost of yours or others lives it will never be justified... Yeah, I know how it sounds.

That said, it doesnt mean you cant shoot out both kneecaps...
Of course they obviously won't shoot anyone in the balls either....

Choutei battle this ep could have been better...I mean it was originally largely Shirayuki's show in this fight.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-06-03 at 13:50.
Old 2011-06-03, 07:00   Link #22
Spat

The fighting scene was pretty awesome, wished it lasted longer though.
And I really like Jeanne's design.
Old 2011-06-03, 07:08   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Is that what we're calling ability users now?

I bet it's just Koko butchering Japanese ^^
I thought choutei = chounouryoku-butei = Ability-User Butei.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-03, 07:32   Link #24
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I thought choutei = chounouryoku-butei = Ability-User Butei.
it's supposed to be spell spam battle but I only see Kinji and Aria battle meeting and sounds of clashing swords. It's a choutei battle!!!! Witch Jeanne vs Miko Shirayuki and I only saw the flame spell at the breaking of durandal. Flaming birds should be flying and every field should be freezing but it didn't!!!! it butchered the quality and also the battle

I'm expecting a saint battle without respect to collateral damage.

Kinji is even stupid enough to throw away his gun even knowing his knife wouldn't matter against durandal's blade.

I didn't also get to see Kinji dare to sweet talk the enemy!!! where's! my dere Jeanne!

while watching this episode it really gives me continues damage of how irritating the studio do justify to this awesome battle.
Old 2011-06-03, 08:47   Link #25
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Disappointed.... utterly in lots of aspects in the fight. Even with a saving grace from the appearance of our queen.... haiz

Spoiler for 7/10:
Its JC Staff. You already knew they were the studio taking this so you should have been mentally prepared for a lots of cutting, bad directing and overall unsatisfying conversion from Light Novels to anime.

Try to look at the bright side - JC Staff could always do worse.
Old 2011-06-03, 09:09   Link #26
Wigwams

jeanne lost because she failed to equip "Victory".
Old 2011-06-03, 10:31   Link #27
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

A rather fun ep, this coming from a non-novel reader and one who has only read up to manga ch16. But I did notice some odd placing of some scenes, which really didn't feel right (like the previously mentioned time it took to tie up Shirayandere), and for production quality, it only felt like they could have done better and not necessarily about them drawing it worse.

I got a few beefs though, which only makes me laugh more so than get irritated by it, and it's about the part where Kinji is picking Shirayandere's lock. Ok, you might need to think like a pervert in order to get what I'm saying, but really, let's say it took him 10 minutes to pick that first lock, and he's like "that took a while". Remember the scene here? Where he's underwater. Now, here's what I don't get. Shirayandere has water up to her chin, and her boobie's are underwater. The lock is right below her Valley of the Mountains, and her clothes are like, you know.... WET. With a see through black bra showing itself. Why the heck didn't Kinji go all Hysteria upon looking at that? He picked that first lock for a great deal of time, don't tell me you wouldn't notice her boobies If that was me picking her locks, I would have "accidentally" slipped and bury my face into her cleavage and go "oops, butterfingers ;D " I don't care if she'd kill me, I know I can't avoid seeing her bra

ahem, anyways, Jeanne D Arc? Who's next, Pochahontas? Cleopatra?

I like how the cheerleaders shot up the pom poms, totally caught me off guard, probably because I've aways known those stray bullets will fall somewhere

And the arc ends the way it began: Shirayandere drawing her sword against Aria. Honestly, I enjoyed this part very much, and I lol'ed when Aria flew away from Shirayandere's swings
Old 2011-06-03, 11:42   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
I really liked this episode... Well mostly like because I haven't read the Light Novels and Manga yet ;D... But nevertheless, The Background music is REALLY ONE OF THE BEST IN THIS SEASON... I even ordered it from CDJapan, it's the first anime I am actually buying its Music CDs, and unlike some guys here, I didn't notice that animation drop though I do agree they should've shown more of The Jeanne vs Shirayuki fight, it would've had rocked even more .
yeah! I love the background music when the battle scene started....

this episode had a lot of action scene so I'm satisfied about it

Kinji is really a playboy!! argh! he hit Aria and Shirayuki at the same time.... I am jealous with that HS mode.... T_T

I give 9/10 for this episode although there are still some flaw but I think that's not a big problem

Jeanne should join the harem.... she is moe enough and remind me about Jeanne from Shaman King and Eucliwood from Kore wa zombie.... lol
Old 2011-06-03, 13:52   Link #29
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
it's supposed to be spell spam battle but I only see Kinji and Aria battle meeting and sounds of clashing swords. It's a choutei battle!!!! Witch Jeanne vs Miko Shirayuki and I only saw the flame spell at the breaking of durandal. Flaming birds should be flying and every field should be freezing but it didn't!!!! it butchered the quality and also the battle

I'm expecting a saint battle without respect to collateral damage.

Kinji is even stupid enough to throw away his gun even knowing his knife wouldn't matter against durandal's blade.

I didn't also get to see Kinji dare to sweet talk the enemy!!! where's! my dere Jeanne!

while watching this episode it really gives me continues damage of how irritating the studio do justify to this awesome battle.
They did that with many Index battles too....ah well at least the overall quality didn't suffer too badly.

I just hope this means they are saving their budget for vol 3...
Old 2011-06-03, 14:28   Link #30
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I wanted to like this episode, I really, REALLY did.

The nerd in me screamed "Hell Yeah" when Jean D'Arc's costume matched the most famous role of her sexy voice Actress Kawasumi Ayako, and was jumping out of my chair, up and down like a monkey for the cataclysmic battle....

....that was supposed to explode onto the screen.

After precisely 7 seconds of heart-pounding ferocity as the embodiments of fire and ice clashed blades like thunder, we were "treated" to 2 MINUTES of Kinji and Aria going lovey dovey with zero motion while MISSING OUT on an epic confrontation between two sword-goddesses.

At least the 45 seconds of what we DID get to see in the end was still passably worthy as a JC Staff animated melee battle, though nowhere as good as the set-in-stone classic of Touma VS Accelerator.

Even though I am willing to be lenient, as the Earthquake DID hit their offices pretty hard, this is the FIRST time I am actually ANGRY with JC Staff.

They had better fucking be saving money for Index 3 or Railgun 2 or I will be liable to go Shirayuki on them!!
Old 2011-06-03, 14:59   Link #31
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
After precisely 7 seconds of heart-pounding ferocity as the embodiments of fire and ice clashed blades like thunder, we were "treated" to 2 MINUTES of Kinji and Aria going lovey dovey with zero motion while MISSING OUT on an epic confrontation between two sword-goddesses.
I know right? And we could hear all the clashes and screaming in the background like they were trolling us. It's Katanagatari episode 4 all over again.
Old 2011-06-03, 15:59   Link #32
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Would have given it a 9 but it lost a couple of points for one reason-- they messed up the sword catch. The novel version had him catching the sword with ONE HAND, between his thumb and forefinger. They ruined the epicness of the catch by having him do a regular 2h grab.
Old 2011-06-03, 16:06   Link #33
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Is it me or Kanade is a cc of Kanade@Asura Cryin'

Oh! and Jeanne looks exactly like Saber Lily
Old 2011-06-03, 16:07   Link #34
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It was all nice and good... until those two minutes of Kinji & Aria talking while shirayuki and Jeanne were battling. It really felt like JC were cutting corners AND did not give the material the love I could feel when I watched the better episodes of Shana.
Old 2011-06-03, 16:53   Link #35
AP24

They should have at least make Aria much kawaii when she's talking to Kinji, she's a lot cuter in that scene in the novels. Also, near the end of the episode we were supposed to see another scene of Aria being so kawaii but it was cut in the anime. The anime is like Shakugan no Shana, which Shana is very kawaii in the novels but not shown much like that in the anime. I think it's the director's fault, he directed both Shana and Aria.
Old 2011-06-03, 18:37   Link #36
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I wanted to like this episode, I really, REALLY did.

The nerd in me screamed "Hell Yeah" when Jean D'Arc's costume matched the most famous role of her sexy voice Actress Kawasumi Ayako, and was jumping out of my chair, up and down like a monkey for the cataclysmic battle....

....that was supposed to explode onto the screen.

At least the 45 seconds of what we DID get to see in the end was still passably worthy as a JC Staff animated melee battle, though nowhere as good as the set-in-stone classic of Touma VS Accelerator.

Even though I am willing to be lenient, as the Earthquake DID hit their offices pretty hard, this is the FIRST time I am actually ANGRY with JC Staff.

They had better fucking be saving money for Index 3 or Railgun 2 or I will be liable to go Shirayuki on them!!
Oh that will surely sell well.....Surely.
Old 2011-06-03, 20:56   Link #37
Hyakimaru

Jean D'Arc? Ok, with all the random famous figures having descendant out of nowhere I wouldn't be surprised if sniper girl actually turned out to be Golgo 14 or something stupid like that.

Anyway this episode was pretty ok~ish... nothing particularly interesting and it's obviously just the setup for the typical harem status quo we have only seen about a thousand times already... Admittedly Shirayuki having fire powers despite her name was really unexpected and kind of cool.
Old 2011-06-03, 21:38   Link #38
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I just realized that the director of Shana is a hit and miss director.
I really thought that he did a good job creating an anime-original story arc with Shana's Second Season.

As for Toaru Majutsu no Index, the source story is too chunky to be adopted into 24 episodes. Should have had 48 or at least 36.

@Hyakimaru
They are going for accuracy here. The original light novels lose its touch when Kinji's internal monologues are taken out.

As for this series, it's not going well for me. I still can't drop this series, but the feeling of disappointment is so much that I could just shed tears right now. ;_; I have left the series at Episode 05, and I don't know if I can push on any further.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-06-03 at 21:59.
Old 2011-06-04, 00:05   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post

Anyway this episode was pretty ok~ish... nothing particularly interesting and it's obviously just the setup for the typical harem status quo we have only seen about a thousand times already... Admittedly Shirayuki having fire powers despite her name was really unexpected and kind of cool.
Her real name is Himiko not Shiraiyuki; 'Hi' usually means 'fire' so her real name is literally the 'Fire Priestess', though this might also have a double wordplay as I learned that 'Himiko' is the name of a certain Japanese Noblewoman in the past.
Old 2011-06-04, 02:10   Link #40
tsunade666

Her real name was Himiko and the who is Himiko in the past