AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2013-08-18, 09:29   Link #61
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
The latest issue of Cloud_G had an interview with Director Tatsuya Ishihara regarding the movie and season 2. I've broken the interview into the relevant parts:

-The announcements for the movie as well as a second season were announced simultaneously. Which of these two was decided to make first?
The second season was determined first. We had just decided to make a second season right before the final episode’s recording session. When the dubbing ended, we announced to the cast “We’re making a second season.”
-That’s such a beautiful way to announce it. The cast thinks the series is over and then they’re informed it’s continuing just like that. Everyone must have been thrilled, right?
Yes. Everyone was overcome with joy.
-Director, did you have the plot for the second season in mind at that time?
Since I hadn’t read the second novel at that time, I had just thought that it would be nice if we could make a second season. However, the story for the first season did lend itself to making a second season. (laughs) Rikka and Yuuta had just gotten together after all. If I had been thinking about a story for the second season, I have a hunch I would’ve been thinking if it would’ve been alright to end with the couple coming together.
-Is that so? That’s really surprising especially now that there is a second season.
I wanted the first season to, as they tend to say, “tie up nicely.” The second season would continue from the first season and tell a new tale. If I’m pushed to comment, I’d say that this tale wouldn’t be as serious as the first season; it’d be a bit more softer and gentler in feeling. In other words, I’d emphasize the romantic comedy portions more.
-So, the second season wouldn’t have any of the seriousness the second half of season one had?
I personally love that kind of serious story, but I want to be kinder to Rikka in the second season since we gave her that type of serious development in the first season.
-It felt like the casting for the first season felt perfect. So, when thinking about the new character for season 2, Shichimiya, what are you contemplating when determining who to cast?
We’re currently in the middle of deciding who to cast, so I can’t say at this point. (laughs) Surely you are immensely worried about how to add a new person to a four person group who already feels complete. Whether you think about adding a new voice or someone who’s been around for a while, they won’t fit in with what’s already been completed. So, when you don’t have a general idea of what you want to do at this point, we don’t know what to look for in a voice. It’s still unknown how big of an impact Shichimiya will have in the second season.
-The second novel really felt like the Shichimiya tale. I also think you have to include her in the anime.
Rather than Shichimiya joining the group in season two…….
-She becomes an antagonist?
If I’m pressed to say something, she’s that way due to being an opposing force for Rikka.
-So a rival. So will there be a new key phrase in the second season like the Invisible Horizon was in the first season?
Personally, instead of creating such a difficult theme for Rikka, I want to treat her as kindly as I can.
-Will you be depicting her ordinary daily life?
I want to tell stories about her that are relatively softer and gentler. Of course they’ll contain things like battles. I think it’ll move to that type of series where it switches over to more hijinx. I think concepts like the Invisible Horizon will still exist, but instead of being about her father’s death, there won’t be any serious component in them.
-So each episode in season 2 would be a show you could watch leisurely.
I think so.
-Finally, Dekomori is very popular in this magazine. Can you please tell us about how her hair will look in the second season?
It’s basically unchanged.
-She let her hair down in the first season. Was it just for that brief time?
That would be so. There might be small changes to her hair, but it’ll remain basically unchanged. The same will apply to the other characters as well.
-So what will be the message you want to include and communicate to the viewers in the second season?
I’ve probably remained chuunibyou all my life. The message in the final episode of season 1, “Resist Reality,” is a theme I’ve never said, but included. For the second season, I want to include a theme like I’ve lived. “For those who resist reality, continue rebelling, but let’s all search together!” I think that’s something that probably the people reading this magazine and people who love anime should do. Perhaps they can continue looking, but get the sense that they should look together with that person! (laughs) It’s a bit surprising and I’m not sure if it’ll actually be communicated.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 11:34   Link #62
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Director, did you have the plot for the second season in mind at that time?
Since I hadn’t read the second novel at that time, I had just thought that it would be nice if we could make a second season. However, the story for the first season did lend itself to making a second season. (laughs) Rikka and Yuuta had just gotten together after all. If I had been thinking about a story for the second season, I have a hunch I would’ve been thinking if it would’ve been alright to end with the couple coming together.
I don't think I fully understand this part. The 1st season ends with the main couple gotten together, isn't it the same meaning as coming together?

Could he possibly refer to another couple? Here's a hope for more DekoMori Summer. The end of episode 13 seems to be for setting us their flags you know.

From whatever little hints here and there, I guess it's safe to say that Shichimiya is going to be Rikka's rival just like in the novel. Again, I feel sorry for her.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 17:08   Link #63
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I don't think I fully understand this part. The 1st season ends with the main couple gotten together, isn't it the same meaning as coming together?

Could he possibly refer to another couple? Here's a hope for more DekoMori Summer. The end of episode 13 seems to be for setting us their flags you know.
Basically if they had plans to make a second season in advance, Ishihara would've left the ending to season 1 vague relationship-wise. Since they didn't, you got to see Yuuta and Rikka become a couple.

Old 2013-08-18, 21:00   Link #64
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Thanks for the translations as always. The second season is looking better and better.

Most looking forward to Shichimiya's anime character designs. I imagine Ikeda may very likely redesign her to suit whatever role she will play in the upcoming series.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 21:22   Link #65
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Airing in January.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2013-09-14 at 10:46.
Old 2013-09-13, 22:28   Link #66
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Reads title... blah, blah second season... WTF?????
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 10:26   Link #67
AleX_MytH

http://mantan-web.jp/2013/09/14/2013...00054000c.html
Quote:
2014年1月
Are you sure that S2 will be a spring show?
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 10:46   Link #68
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
http://mantan-web.jp/2013/09/14/2013...00054000c.html

Are you sure that S2 will be a spring show?
It said 2014春 when first posted and then changed later.

Old 2013-09-22, 05:18   Link #69
novalysis

I actually wonder how they are going to reconcile Satone, with the fact that Yuuta apparently attempted to confess to someone before, and got rejected, in a flashback in the first season?

Spoiler for Speculah:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 04:26   Link #70
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Episode 1 will be screened on November 30th at the CTFK 2013 event in Kyoto followed by a talk with the main cast and ZAQ.

Old 2013-11-07, 00:14   Link #71
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Images
She's here!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 06:43   Link #72
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Spoiling one part that deals with the movie. The rest will be unspoiled.

From the Tatsuya Ishihara interview in the December Animedia:

Spoiler for movie spoilers:

Shichimiya and Yuuta were once chuunibyou friends, so there may be some who presume this'll be a muddled love triangle. But for me, I began questioning why Shichimiya couldn't be a presence that would help Rikka and Yuuta confirm their mutual feelings for each other instead of being a hindrance to Rikka.

Plans are for the second season to have more chuuni battles than the first season. Kumin-senpai will also "Banishment" as well as be at the center of a battle. Furthermore Shichimiya will also battle, naturally. Since there's more opponents than in the first season, there'll be a lot of variety in battles.

Dekomori hasn't become disheveled at Rikka and Yuuta's relationship; she's explained it as the root of the contract binding them together. She does appear to be irritated at points though.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2013-11-07 at 07:56.
Old 2013-11-07, 20:21   Link #73
traviskeshav

Well, since we've now established that it's not going to follow any of the obvious or cliche plotlines, I'm very curious to see what the season is about, then. Very interesting.
traviskeshav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 08:22   Link #74
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Dekomori hasn't become disheveled at Rikka and Yuuta's relationship; she's explained it as the root of the contract binding them together. She does appear to be irritated at points though.
I'd imagine this is where Shinka will come into play.
Old 2013-11-08, 18:20   Link #75
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Spoiling one part that deals with the movie. The rest will be unspoiled.

From the Tatsuya Ishihara interview in the December Animedia:

Spoiler for movie spoilers:
Spoiler for movie spoiler:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 16:13   Link #76
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm growing really tired of Ishihara's approach to romantic relationships.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 22:35   Link #77
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Having read the contents of that magazine article posted (some more interesting stuff occurs beyond what I already posted), I'm going to indulge in a little bit of speculation. Again, I wish to emphasize that this is my own personal post. Nothing beyond my references has been said by any authority.

Spoiler for OVA/movie spoilers:

Old 2013-11-11, 03:49   Link #78
AP24

I heard the movie contained 1/3 of new material and the final portion leads to season 2. So is it recommended to watch the movie first before season 2? If that's the case I wish they would release the BD of the movie before season 2 comes out.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 07:52   Link #79
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I heard the movie contained 1/3 of new material and the final portion leads to season 2. So is it recommended to watch the movie first before season 2? If that's the case I wish they would release the BD of the movie before season 2 comes out.
Likely what happened at the end of the movie will be recapped in the first part of episode 1. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old 2013-11-15, 23:31   Link #80
novalysis

Quote:
Having read the contents of that magazine article posted (some more interesting stuff occurs beyond what I already posted), I'm going to indulge in a little bit of speculation. Again, I wish to emphasize that this is my own personal post. Nothing beyond my references has been said by any authority.

Spoiler for OVA/movie spoilers:
Spoiler for Speculation Time about Shichimiya:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou