AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-06, 12:11   Link #281
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The show does love its twists, so I wouldn't completely rule out L-ElfXShouko or HarutoXSaki.

That being said, we're pretty late in the game here, and Haruto-Shouko now has way more substantive narrative focus than any other potential pairing does. And Kyuma actually dying for this pairing takes it to a whole new level, really.

Unless the show wants a decidedly "Bad End", then Kyuma's sacrifice will probably not be in vain.

If I was a Vegas odds-maker, I would put pretty good odds on Haruto-Shouko ending up as the definitive pairing of the show.
Old 2013-12-06, 12:13   Link #282
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Kyuuma Inuzuka: Even dying, he went hard for the HarutoxShoko ship.
I still can't shake off the feeling Kyuuma's supposed to be a parody of a die hard shipper...
Old 2013-12-06, 12:23   Link #283
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I still can't shake off the feeling Kyuuma's supposed to be a parody of a die hard shipper...
Which in turn makes L-Elf's Descendant a huge troll.
Old 2013-12-06, 12:41   Link #284
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Kyuuma Inuzuka: Even dying, he went hard for the HarutoxShoko ship.
One of the reasons I can't warm up to HaruShoko ship
Shoko has too many allies. I won't be surprised if L-Elf nudges him in Shoko's direction next week.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-06, 12:53   Link #285
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Someone said there's a pic of him on a boat named the SS Haruoko lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
One of the reasons I can't warm up to HaruShoko ship
Shoko has too many allies. I won't be surprised if L-Elf nudges him in Shoko's direction next week.
First Lise, now Kyuuma and now a possible assist from L-Elf?

Who else is gonna show up to try and ship them hard?
Old 2013-12-06, 12:59   Link #286
Key Board
Carbon

you can add Saki to that list

It sickens me, really
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-06, 13:01   Link #287
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:

It sickens me, really
You read my mind just now.
-brb, gonna facepalm- :/
Old 2013-12-06, 13:01   Link #288
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:

It sickens me, really
Yeah, she'll probably say something. Maybe even Iori too. Why not just them? Why not have Cain show up and play shipper too?
Old 2013-12-06, 13:03   Link #289
Key Board
Carbon

Cain only cares about L-Elf
and he ships A-Drei x L-Elf
Old 2013-12-06, 13:06   Link #290
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Cain only cares about L-Elf
and he ships A-Drei x L-Elf
The one true ship.

EDIT: What if that's the big twist?! Saki goes to war against the Empire because she's salty that Haruto ended up with Shoko?
Old 2013-12-06, 13:13   Link #291
Destined_Fate

Quote:
The one true ship.

EDIT: What if that's the big twist?! Saki goes to war against the Empire because she's salty that Haruto ended up with Shoko?
She seemed to be fine mentoring L-Elf's descendant and didn't fight the cow mecha til later and didn't seem angry or anything.
Old 2013-12-06, 13:15   Link #292
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
She seemed to be fine mentoring L-Elf's descendant and didn't fight the cow mecha til later and didn't seem angry or anything.
I know, just threw that out there for fun.
Old 2013-12-06, 14:48   Link #293
username31

about Saki's locket rather than the locket itself it was the photo inside it that was important...the locket can be saki own by herself not someone give her a locket, she put photo of her precious one that she ever made a promise in her locket...consider its 200 year time jump...if someone give her the locket 200 year old ago, it will be so old and rust in the future...
Old 2013-12-06, 14:50   Link #294
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by username31 View Post
about Saki's locket rather than the locket itself it was the photo inside it that was important...the locket can be saki own by herself not someone give her a locket, she put photo of her precious one that she ever made a promise in her locket...consider its 200 year time jump...if someone give her the locket 200 year old ago, it will be so old and rust in the future...
Good point.
Old 2013-12-06, 14:52   Link #295
Fjoergyn

The pendant could bring her dead husband. Maybe a child, however, can not be excluded that she has had family.
Old 2013-12-07, 00:44   Link #296
Twi

You know, Haruto says he loves Shoko, but that doesn't mean he's going to be with her. For starters, that relationship is going to be tainted with the fact that Inuzuka and several others died over it. Then there's the fact that she didn't accept him and sold him out with the rest, and he didn't explain his circumstances earlier. The memory loss isn't going to make things easier and this isn't one of those 'Love conquers all' shows considering Inuzuka lost Aina and L-Elf lost his princess.

As for A-Drei and Saki, why do people ship them? He's been part of the group hunting them down until they got to the moon and then he's the one who captured her.
Old 2013-12-07, 01:03   Link #297
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
As for A-Drei and Saki, why do people ship them? He's been part of the group hunting them down until they got to the moon and then he's the one who captured her.
They're probably my top 2 for the most beautiful characters in Valvrave. I don't ship them tho. :/
They're technically both devoted/obsessed to a certain person, both have a sense of honor and moral code, both care for their nakama, and they're both beautiful people. XD
Old 2013-12-07, 01:07   Link #298
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This is secondary to the main shipping wars, but I'm inclined to think that Satomi/Takahi will probably happen. The two are constantly together, and it's clear that Takahi has gained a lot of respect for Satomi over this 2nd season (and she already had some respect for him to begin with). We know that Satomi once tried to kiss Takahi, so there's probably interest on his side. And, cliche though it may be, I can see romance blossoming against the backdrop of 'the entire world is against us'. This could create a greater sense of urgency to act on romantic longings as well as a greater need to find comfort in the few people left that you can truly trust.
Old 2013-12-07, 01:10   Link #299
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is secondary to the main shipping wars, but I'm inclined to think that Satomi/Takahi will probably happen. The two are constantly together, and it's clear that Takahi has gained a lot of respect for Satomi over this 2nd season (and she already had some respect for him to begin with). We know that Satomi once tried to kiss Takahi, so there's probably interest on his side. And, cliche though it may be, I can see romance blossoming against the backdrop of 'the entire world is against us'. This could create a greater sense of urgency to act on romantic longings as well as a greater need to find comfort in the few people left that you can truly trust.
Agreed, Iori is game over. Since he will be a Kamitsuki in near future, I think it safe to assume she will be one as well if they does get together.
Old 2013-12-07, 01:28   Link #300
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Comment about episode 20 (season 2 episode 8)

Everyone got some this episode. In particular Saki. Is this setting up a running gag for the series in which Saki gets penetrated every 10 episodes? Alright now that I've gotten that out of my system.
Nice one ! LOL !

As for peeps shipping A-Drei & Saki, I guess that makes sense... kinda the same way peeps are shipping Eru Erufu (L-Elf or Mikhail) & Shoko.

But I wanna talk about another character, a character that seems unimportant... yet she is in a few shots of the show's OP.

Ninomiya Takahi.

It seems her only "highlight" (IMO) so far is in episode 7 of the first season, where she almost kissed (and perhaps wanted more...) Satomi.

I know to most peeps, she's just the blonde big-boobed cheerleader (zero-g ballet dancer to be precise) who acts superior.

To me, she could be a lot more than that.

I know this is cliché, but wouldn't a beautiful young girl do anything to gain immortality.

In the anime, so far, they haven't showed Takahi grasping the fact that VVV pilots are immortal. I think so far, Takahi knows that they can instantly regenerate any wounds made to their body... but that's it. I don't think she has grasped the fact that they can live for hundreds of years. I don't think any of the VVV pilots has grasped that concept so far.

So who could Takahi be paired up with ?

Haruto (well, Saki in Haruto's body) did have an effect on her on S01E07. Right after that "encounter", she went to Satomi to "try it out".

There's always Takahi & Satomi.

Or maybe L-Elf, who's now down & depressed. Since he lost the "love of his life" (Lieselotte), maybe he could have... I don't know... a "quickie" with Takahi.

Spoiler for Plus, I have to add one thing. I love Takahi's outfit for S2 ::
Closed Thread