AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-11-06, 07:36   Link #61
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

You don't have to go all the way to France for a nice sunset .

You just need the right timing, some nice high level cirrus/alto clouds, a little above normal aerosol content and Bob's your uncle! Alternatively, go to your nearest coastline.....

Some night time shots Wandering A.I., eh? Okay, let's try that..... though no drunken wanderings here (well, not exactly )

1 : A nice relatively high exposure shot (~2 secs) up the Face de Bellevarde at the Skiing resort of Val d'Isère - the same area as the first mountain shot.

EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 09:34   Link #62
Esperchld
Photographer

You know, the mountain in that picture kinda looks like the bow of a VERY large ship.

Looks like a good place. Lotsa snow, lotsa trees (my other main subject besides water), and a good number of houses.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 10:03   Link #63
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

.... yes, I see the resemblance, all thanks to the lighting! ^_^

I quite like the housing and effect of the overexposed lights in this one. Of course, a stand was essential to take this one.

I should imagine it would be a beautiful place to see in the spring/summer, indeed, i've actually seen quite a few pictures of Val' in the summer. It's amazing how much it changes - you would barely recognize it if you only visit in winter.

I'll have more following later...
Old 2003-11-06, 11:28   Link #64
Cz
Needs more sleep~

For a moment there I thought the houses were on fire. The CNN images on the California wildfires is still on my mind.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 12:13   Link #65
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
WAH! You guys have some amazing pictures!! This thread is so beautiful!
so I thought Id contribute! (though dont expect too much..^_^)

This is my squirrel I trained with peanuts..oh how he loves peanuts. Hes secretly my only friend ;_;
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 12:32   Link #66
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

KOOL , squirrels are soo cute...did you really train it ? ^_^ if so what can it do?
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 12:37   Link #67
Tzurial
in silent opposition

hmm..he doesnt know any tricks..I guess I meant tamed instead of trained..yeah..he used to be WILD! but now he comes inside the house! its so cute!

Heres some more wildlife around my house and then I swear im done!!

Old 2003-11-06, 12:48   Link #68
gravitation

lol what are those animals Tzurial? they look kinda like a cross between dogs and deer ^_^
P.S EtherNEZ that ski place looks soo nice ^_^
Old 2003-11-06, 12:50   Link #69
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
WAH! You guys have some amazing pictures!! This thread is so beautiful!
so I thought Id contribute! (though dont expect too much..^_^)

This is my squirrel I trained with peanuts..oh how he loves peanuts. Hes secretly my only friend ;_;
Do you mind giving out its phone number? It would be nice to talk with some Squirrel friends.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 12:52   Link #70
Tzurial
in silent opposition

(hmm..I guess they wouldnt have them in the UK) Theyre baby mooses! 1 week old to be exact. They were born in our neighbors backyard. Arent they cute ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
Do you mind giving out its phone number? It would be nice to talk with some Squirrel friends.
Sure! 907-222-6365, ask for charlie horse the squirrel
Old 2003-11-06, 12:57   Link #71
gravitation

lol nah we dont have them over here, but yes indeedy they are cute !! ^_^...lol in your neighbours bak yard??? how on earth did they get in there?!!...over there are moose kinda everyday animals...like cats but not as extreme?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
(hmm..I guess they wouldnt have them in the UK) Theyre baby mooses! 1 week old to be exact. They were born in our neighbors backyard. Arent they cute ^_^
lol @ Tzurial :
Quote:
mooses here are kinda like cats, cats that can kill you by stepping on you, but cats none the less
Old 2003-11-06, 13:01   Link #72
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
For a moment there I thought the houses were on fire. The CNN images on the California wildfires is still on my mind.

Yes, I can understand how firey scenes would have a tendancy to be 'burned' into your mind.... (for shame EtherNEZ, for shame) Well, at least here there wouldn't be a shortage of water to put them out....

Tzurial - Watch out! Those squirrels (particularly Grey ones) are very resourceful. He may be playing all meek and innocent now, but he (and his mates) will soon be raiding your kitchen of foodstuffs - be especially wary of squirrels bearing cans of bud.....
Old 2003-11-06, 13:02   Link #73
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
lol nah we dont have them over here, but yes indeedy they are cute !! ^_^...lol in your neighbours bak yard??? how on earth did they get in there?!!...over there are moose kinda everyday animals...like cats but not as extreme?
I live on the side of a mountain and our neigborhood doesnt really have fences so they can come and go as they please. And yeah..mooses here are kinda like cats, cats that can kill you by stepping on you, but cats none the less

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ

Tzurial - Watch out! Those squirrels (particularly Grey ones) are very resourceful. He may be playing all meek and innocent now, but he (and his mates) will soon be raiding your kitchen of foodstuffs - be especially wary of squirrels bearing cans of bud.....
yeah, grey squirrels with cans of bud should be checked for rabies.
Old 2003-11-06, 13:12   Link #74
Esperchld
Photographer

I remember mooses, those were kinda cool the first time I saw them. They don't live in the central flat lands of the US unfortunately. We have deer though, lots and lots of deer.

Ah, that reminds me. Do you have the other kind of cats that frequent mountains. The kind that take away anything left outside smaller than themselves (ie. small dogs, other cats, ferrits (don't ask), steaks, hot dogs, big dogs, children, ect...). Those things were evil. Far worse than the bears (who btw, seem to do the same thing, but with bigger items only they eat them in place).

Also, be care feeding the squirrel. You don't want to give them lots of dairy products (for the same reason you don't do it to cats). Especially chocolate. Hyper squirrels with the scoots are scary.
Old 2003-11-06, 14:17   Link #75
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

You can always guarantee that wildlife photos will provide much amusement....

Anyway, continuing the night theme, here are some of my astro photographs. These push my S602 to the extreme of it's light capturing capabilities (Well the star shot one does at least). Lunar shots actually need to be underexposed a lot more than you would think. It's easy to take a picture of the moon and end up with a featureless white 'blob'

The next one took a full 10 second exposure at ISO400 sensitivity (I could have used ISO1600 but it's too noisy). Just goes to show you how good the human eye is at picking up photons..... . This has been Histogram adjusted to 'compact' the luminance space in the image, allowing the stars to appear more clearly. This is why there are blotches in the sky which should be completely black - especially where I took this, a long way away from any towns.

It's a shot of the constellation of Ursa Major , the "Great Bear'', also known as the 'Plough' or 'Big Dipper'. The second star from the left can be seen to have a companion. This is the periodic eclipsing binary of Alcor and Mizar. This constellation has some historical significance in the field of navigation as the last two stars on the right can be used to find the 'Pole Star'. Very useful

Old 2003-11-06, 19:49   Link #76
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

I found this somewhere on the net... don't remember where... but this was the only size it came in...

I call it "SOLITUDE"... because I feel like that tree standing there by itself in the cold... feeling lonely...

I guess growing up from NYC and then moving here to Washington state (long story... had some friends here and was going through the I thought I need a change phase)... now living in the boonies because its all I can afford... but the problem is that I live in hicksville... literally... there are rednecks crawling around everywhere... I get treated like crap and sometimes people even bump into me purposely and then just give me dirty looks instead of saying sorry. I get stared at at restaurants... I mean they will stop eating... and sit there and stare at you like they want to come over and beat me up. The only asian person here in this town besides myself are 2 people working at the Teriyaki joint 2 blocks from here. So yeah... you can see why I have no life and am always home playing video games and watching anime (not that I'm complaining about that hehehe)... I'm currently trying to save up money to move the heck out of here and started a small business just recently (see my signature) and once I have enough to move... I'm OUTTA here hehehe... so until that day... YA... I love that picture... that's sooo me right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways love all the photos you guys have been putting up! They are awesome! Very pretty =^-^=

Edit: It would be nice if I put the photo up huh? lol... I'm such a goof sometimes...

PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 20:17   Link #77
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that PiGGiEE, it's a sorry state of the world we're in that people just can't accept each other regardless of colour/ethnic background, time after time. Good luck finding a better place!

Anyway. Back to the topic. Brrr. I feel cold just looking at that, but snow scenes are great as well (add it my list of likes )

To warm you up a little, here's a composition of sunset shots. The first shot is perhaps a little too early and doesn't quite fit with the rest but it's the only one I have in that sequence). I also like the fading and shadows across the sands...

Old 2003-11-06, 20:22   Link #78
Esperchld
Photographer

Piggiee, that is what I hope my area looks like here soon. I want my snow, NOW!

Nice composition there EtherNEZ. Looks like it is the same sunset in each picture.
Old 2003-11-06, 20:56   Link #79
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Snow? I wish we'd get some! Frankly though the only decent chance of seeing snow is going to the Scottish Highlands or into Europe. Blasted Gulf Stream! Block it off I say! Let's haul some nice large icebergs from west Greenland and get the freshwater flowing...

As to the sunset's, yep. It's all the same one. Notice how the cloud builds up offshore as the Ocean -> Land airflow sets in during the land cool down period. No green flash though
Old 2003-11-07, 00:38   Link #80
hinata-chan
busy otaku

Send a message via AIM to hinata-chan
PiGGiEE, I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. Well, I hope you can get out of there soon and move to a better location.

Tzurial - Cute shot of your squirrel! I like its fluffy tail.

EtherNEZ, your shots of the sunset are so romantic.

Please post more photos, everyone.

-

Here's a shot of Bourbon St. in New Orleans. I had an absolute blast there, and the live music was just wonderful. I'd go back there if I could afford it.

This one's a shot of Baker Beach. If you want to visit a nude beach, you may like this one, especially on a warm day.

hinata-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photography