AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 5 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-23, 21:27   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Negima Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Negima, Episode 4!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the game or manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, either PM them or use spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-10-25, 04:09   Link #2
HeartNana

I thought it was good, i like how it doesnt really follow the manga, so i never know what's going to happen next. The plot was pretty good, and the RPG-style make-fun-of scene was quite the funny, especially when it had the "equipment" thing for each character, haha.

The new ED song and animation is spectacular.

It didnt have Baka rangers at the end, but it was still quite interesting. I enjoyed watching this one more than the other ones.
Old 2006-10-25, 05:14   Link #3
eggplant
Eggplant

Hm, an interesting direction they're taking.
Spoiler for Episode 4:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-10-25, 10:08   Link #4
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartNana View Post
The new ED song and animation is spectacular.
I checked the order of the girls with the attendance list from the manga (I used the one in the back of volume 9 (Del Rey), but I suppose one can use the ones from earlier volumes).

Taking out Asuna (who's doing the maracas dancing), Konoka, Setsuna and Nodoka, it does follow the order, except in a different way. Right to left then top to bottom (page by page), instead of the numbered order of top to bottom then right to left (where page doesn't matter).

I know it sounds kind of confusing. It's much easier to follow if you have that attendance list in front of you.

Yes, I'm geeky.

On another note, I have the sneaking suspicion that all those (regular school) desks in the OP animation are the only place we'll ever see them. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen those sorts of desks in the episodes themselves.
Old 2006-10-25, 12:46   Link #5
Omniscient

Episode 04 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-25, 13:04   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Minor crosspost of my comments over at Random Curiosity...

I can’t say I’m fond of the little “balloon aminals” (at least the way they are drawn and I include the ferret in that) … but the camera angles and art are still pretty good otherwise. I must admit the episode appealed to the darkside of my brain with Nodoka and that plant attack (oy vey the tentacles ) … for the plot itself, I must stew a bit before I decide what I think of it. There’s still a lot of episodes to go but I’m going to be disappointed if we don’t get *something* with the firepower pizzazz equivalent to the Kyoto arc or the Festival tourney.

Its very entertaining but I think we’re starting to see the importance of that “?” at the end of the title. If you read Tsukuyomi Moon Phase the manga and compare it to the anime — you’ll find they are both very good… but quite different in some ways as well. Shinbo is some kind of perverse subversive
Old 2006-10-25, 15:00   Link #7
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Did you watch it on Youtube? If you did, what did you type in the search, it just takes me to the original Negima.
Old 2006-10-25, 15:22   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Something strange is going on there in the bottom of those screens, not that the series is plenty strange as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
Did you watch it on Youtube? If you did, what did you type in the search, it just takes me to the original Negima.
If you are talking about episode 4 then most of us here watched the RAW/unsubbed version, though, not sure if YouTube has it.
Old 2006-10-25, 15:26   Link #9
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Something strange is going on there in the bottom of those screens, not that the series is plenty strange as it is.
What do you expect from the guys behind Pani Poni Dash?

BTW, does anyone else think that red thing in the third picture is that jewel-like thing that Griffith has in Berserk?
Old 2006-10-25, 15:31   Link #10
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

At last, PPD loaded Negima is here.

I couldn't comment since the last 3 episodes didn't get the PPD elements fully loaded.
Now this will gonna be on hell of a show for sure.
Old 2006-10-25, 15:35   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
We watched the untranslated raws ... forum rules preclude saying much more but some clever googling and research should lead you to them. It doesn't do you much good if you can't speak Japanese though....

I normally just wait for the subs but I had access to some insane bandwidth and spoiled myself....
Old 2006-10-25, 20:55   Link #12
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Setsuna's boke in the middle ("それはきっと、言葉の最後に「ルンヤ」が付くんのだと、思われるんや" ("That must be because it adds "-runya" to the end of it's sentences-runya")) cracked me up hard. What made it funnier was the fact that the rainy weather she caused actually continued on until Motsu and Shichimi appeared. That's some serious boke power.

Ichijou-sa- I mean, Konoka's udon lecture in the end was quite amusing, probably because it's Ichi, I mean... yeah. (?)

The new ED (that was fast) was quite interesting, the song was quite catchy too. Finally, something that somewhat resembles what's normal for an evening anime.
Old 2006-10-25, 21:00   Link #13
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
I'm a CHUPACABRA~!

I think the chupacabra thing is starting to get a little out of hand Oh well desu.

Total "LOLWTF" factor going on in this ep. I've seen a lot of comments from people who couldn't understand it going, "...WTF IS THIS SHI-"

Nodoka whoo~
Old 2006-10-26, 03:36   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
...All in all, I construe this episode will be the benchmark on determining whether the fans either like the direction or not....
Count me in. I can't say I'm really getting off on the story, per se, but there's so much going on and it looks so amazing that I just don't have time to care (yet). Of course, this is coming from someone who gave up on the old version.

I am enjoying the characters. I found my character/seiyuu map pretty useful, since I didn't know them all from before. The chupacabras didn't make much sense to me, but they were funny, and any chance I get to hear Chiwa's voice is cool. Noto-kawaii-yo-Noto was really doing her thing as Nodoka.

And then on Friday there's the 16:9 version....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-10-26, 05:45   Link #15
Negi_Bozu

I have to say I've enjoyed the art style for the most part, I'm abit disappointed on the lack of variety in the shots but budgeting constraints and the artistic style seem like good excuses for really simple angles, I guess. I personally wish they would have stuck closer to the manga. Only time will tell for me....
Old 2006-10-29, 14:52   Link #16
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

i personally liked this eps,
couldn't understand why some didnt like...
Old 2006-10-29, 16:17   Link #17
Child_of_Sierra

This new plotline they are taking makes sense if they want to make use of as many of the pactio cards as they can. (3 times X number of girls). I expect a monster of the week or some such conflict from now on so they can debut each card.

In this reality Negi has more incentive to create pactios because:
a) The partner may lose energy
b) The card summoned is the useless one (suka?)
c) the card summoned may be inappropriate for the situation.

Going back to ep4: In the sequence that Negi activates Asuna's Pactio why was there a drop of water? This another easter egg I did not get or maybe a kind of foreshadowing?

@monir yeah that's one of those weird eggs from Berserk if Negi fails in his dreams he just might find it in his pocket...

As a final note: + Yey! New ED i like the animation
- No Baka rangers...Makie may have quit so they disbanded...
Old 2006-10-29, 16:53   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
omg the randomness of this ep left me feeling like :
Spoiler:

i dont mind random eps once in a while but i hope there wont be a long chain of them >.< but overall its a pretty good ep...8/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-29, 16:58   Link #19
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

this episode is introducing slowly but surely the next arc, which will be probably original.

IMO, the randomness of the episode is somewhat done to put the situation back to the statu quo : it is supposed to be a normal school life for the girls (they are (un)lucky enough to have so much mess ... mahora gakuen should be nicknamed as a amusement park sometimes XD), though the eccentric yet unique personnality of each character can only give us so much fun (need more chachamaru quotes ! )

my main concern is the "dark thing" which is strong enough to mind control the "great dark evangel"... whatever she is weak at her current state, it's kinda big.

as a side note, i dunno if it's me, but negi seems to be way more reckless in this story : he doesn't really check whetever he should use magic or not in public (and camo is way worse oO)

nice ep indeed 9/10

EDIT : weirdly enough, the 2...bean/coton small creature make me think about ayu mayu from KGNE oO (especially the green one as ayu XD)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-10-29 at 17:09.
Old 2006-10-30, 23:25   Link #20
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Ahhh this episode was SO very "Pani Poni Dash!". The crazy jump cuts, symbolism, odd camera angles...hehehe...too funny.
Closed Thread