AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 13:55   Link #7061
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm not the only one that facepalm'd when Gerard showed his face again... was I?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:57   Link #7062
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm not the only one that facepalm'd when Gerard showed his face again... was I?
you should have know he was going to be back.
Old 2011-12-09, 14:12   Link #7063
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Chapter was awesome.

+ jelly
+ meredy & ulty
+ the other guilds (forgot how funny and crazy every other good guy in FT was)
+ raven tail members (especially psycho-girl)
+ the whole punishment thing
+ plot was great at sweeping a lot of crap under the rug; which I'm fine with

And of course the color page was sweat!

Anyway, Why is everyone assuming Raven Tail has become legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheral View Post
Is anyone else disappointed that there was a time arc to restore them.
Personally, couldn't care less. It's much more interesting when it can go both ways. If it's FT was weak, then you just know we're going to get some generic cheeze, since really what are the chances they join it and lose while being the underdog? That would be boring lose-lose situation.

Quote:
Well I guess everyone but you knew he was coming back.

I mean c'mon, it's Fairy Tail we're talking about. He's Erza's childhood friend, if he was to die, he would have died already.
Old 2011-12-09, 14:13   Link #7064
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Raven Tail in da house, hell yeah~ I suspect that either them or Sabertooth are the #1 guild, in the former case that would mean that RT is an official guild, probably after striking some deals with the council...but who knows.
Gerard's comeback was 100% expected, but I like his little group. Wonder why he never applied for Fairy Tail afterwards, Makarov's absence was their best chance for it...anyways, time for the worst part of the chapter: Ultear's speech. While Ultear herself is hot as ever, she just hamfisted a fact that nobody's ever heard of before into the main freaking cast. I'd much rather have her increase the pace at which their magic regenerates than introduce a second magic capacitor, because:
a) it comes out of nowhere and she is in no special position to know
b) it concerns all mages, so this tournament could go so, so very wrong...imagine Natsu losing, then using his second source, winning for a bit and then surpriiise, his opponent can do it too! <insert facepalm>
c) it means that Gerard's done it. I only like him as long as he's far from the strongest, even potentially.

Anyways, can't call it a bad chapter, the ladies are hot and the plot's moving along
Quote:
Why is everyone assuming Raven Tail has become legal?
There's a chance of them participating in the tournament, so I'll become captain Obvious and say, dark guilds are off-limits in official events. It's quite possible that they just crash the party, burn the town and kill maidens, but you never know.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 14:22   Link #7065
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
It's because they know Mystogan he could pose as him.
And they know he's trapped in Edolas too, hence Doranbolt pretending to be his apprentice since Mystogan couldn't say it wasn't true... good plan it would back fire in 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Posted my reasoning already...
Old 2011-12-09, 14:41   Link #7066
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
This chapter introduced the idea that independent guilds can become legal... so in all likelihood that is what Raven Tale did these past 7 years besides gain members and/or power. Hence why they weren't called a dark guild (assuming it's not a translation error like the whole Ultear saying it was her fault them blaming Jellal. Though I doubt this since I don't think even Raven Tail would risk taking on every guild there is all at once with 6 members (plus Gajeel whom they think is on there side) ). After all money likely made them a legal guild...
Who says they're joining the tournament? It could be they're after what's in that basement, and Markov is probably the only one who can open it (at the moment). It's possible Markov is not even going to the tournament, what with his injuries from 7 years ago and all. I think it would be pretty weak for RT to just go all "we're going to beat FT in this shitty tournament, har har". What would that accomplish? They've obviously not bothered before given how they're not in the top 2. If they actually had a grudge against the guild and weren't just after something in particular then they could have mopped the floor with the stooges, and had 7 years to do so. They also obviously had no issue with money, other guilds or being illegal before so why would they become legal?
Old 2011-12-09, 15:00   Link #7067
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It could be they're after what's in that basement
How would Ivan know, only the masters of Fairy Tail are supposed to be aware of its existence...and he was kicked out by Makarov before getting that rank.
Old 2011-12-09, 15:06   Link #7068
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Who says they're joining the tournament? It could be they're after what's in that basement, and Markov is probably the only one who can open it (at the moment). It's possible Markov is not even going to the tournament, what with his injuries from 7 years ago and all. I think it would be pretty weak for RT to just go all "we're going to beat FT in this shitty tournament, har har". What would that accomplish? They've obviously not bothered before given how they're not in the top 2. If they actually had a grudge against the guild and weren't just after something in particular then they could have mopped the floor with the stooges, and had 7 years to do so. They also obviously had no issue with money, other guilds or being illegal before so why would they become legal?
Possible... though by entering the tournament they can "paint FT black" but they'd have a harder time of doing it without being allowed in the tournament, just saying.

After all Jellal, Ultear, and Meredy can't go near the place without being caught so for Raven Tail to be able to pull entering the tournament off on the fly if they're still a dark guild would be kinda a plot hole, unless they already had plans to be there and backup plans on how to destroy Fairy Tail's credibility if they ever came back and joined the tournament too and still complete there primary objective. In which case they make they fundamental villain flaw of letting emotions and ego get in the way of there other objectives.

Time will tell... though. It makes sense both ways but I just see it being easier if they're now legal and IMO it's always been Ivan's objective to cast Makarov as the villain and himself as the good guy, he wants to give back what he got from his father. So them becoming a legal guild just makes sense to me and they did distance themselves from every other dark guild and from what we know only's crime was plotting against FT and not being council sanctioned. With money, timing, and woeing FT council enemies I could easily see them becoming legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
How would Ivan know, only the masters of Fairy Tail are supposed to be aware of its existence...and he was kicked out by Makarov before getting that rank.
Makarov stated to Laxus that Ivan left with "sensitive" information about the guild. From what we know there is only one thing that could be... and money is involved with FT losing the building. Ivan's always been seeking money to destroy FT... are they connected, quite likely. So his guess is quite possible and likely imho. I just disagree that FT isn't still a dark guild, while he says it is.

I mean how did Laxus learn Fairy Law? I'm sure Makarov didn't teach it to him and Ivan thought he was too weak to teach, so Laxus learned what he could through other methods. My guess would be Ivan also somehow found out the truth without Makarov showing it to him, and after that he made his move that "endangered fellow guild members" that got him exiled from Fairy Tail.
Old 2011-12-09, 15:31   Link #7069
White Silver King
The Isley

Yes! Ultear and Meledy are back (and Meledy has gotten pretty damn hawt)! I'm also excite that Gerard is back (I just like his magic) even though I knew he was going to make a guild with those two. I'm a little disappointed that they won't be partaking in the tournament so I hope they help fight this mysterious magic force.
Old 2011-12-09, 15:48   Link #7070
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Right so this was a interesting expo chapter about some guilds getting involved in this tourney arc but you know what I honestly didn't pay too much attention to the finer details(or maybe just felt like not caring tbh) as I was a little preoccupied by the oh so lovely Meredy and Ultear!
Wow how Meredy has grown!

And not only that, the colour page is even better, why?
Simple, Juvia looks absolutely yummy, like "oh my god, god-like yummy!"
Why the hell isn't she donning that look already, it's simply gorgeous!

It's just like with a couple of chapters back with Bisca, this time-skip has it's great moments even if I consider some of the writing to a little on the poor side.
Altho saying that this has worked alot better than Bleachs, not enough oh so lovely ladies there

And whats this, is Gray a little jealous of Natsu hugging Ultear?

oh and Virgo <3
Old 2011-12-09, 15:49   Link #7071
immblueversion

Quote:
But remember, Ivan is Makarov's son. Before being kicked out, he was probably the closest thing to becoming the next master by default. Maybe he was shown the thing in the basement, but then tried to misuse its power and was kicked out as a result.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 15:52   Link #7072
Casshern

• Zeref free
  • New magical tournament
  • Strange magical power emanating from the arena
  • Magic level of all mages increase throughout the world
Coincidence?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 16:07   Link #7073
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so when do we see jubvia go berserk
Old 2011-12-09, 16:26   Link #7074
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Right after Juvia Pandemonium Nice catch, missed that.
Quote:
Coincidence?
In FT? Very hard
Old 2011-12-09, 16:35   Link #7075
sergel02

Rofl people here totally called Ultear and the power-up. I never liked Ultear before, but now i do.

Things I liked in this chapter:

-Seeing Jellel again! Boy rotted in jail too long.

-The idea of an independent guild is great. I thought something like that existed, just didn't know the name. Still hoping for Lucy to leave with some members and form an independent guild. haha so cool.

-I like the idea of the power-up, cuz I want to see what the other new powers have in store, and the Second Origin stuff.

Still wondering about The dark magic energy there and what Erza was thinking in the end.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 16:38   Link #7076
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Rofl people here totally called Ultear and the power-up. I never liked Ultear before, but now i do.

Things I liked in this chapter:

-Seeing Jellel again! Boy rotted in jail too long.

-The idea of an independent guild is great. I thought something like that existed, just didn't know the name. Still hoping for Lucy to leave with some members and form an independent guild. haha so cool.

-I like the idea of the power-up, cuz I want to see what the other new powers have in store, and the Second Origin stuff.

Still wondering about The dark magic energy there and what Erza was thinking in the end.
he was only in prison for 1 yr. Urtear and meredy rescue him 6 yrs ago,
Old 2011-12-09, 16:40   Link #7077
Kafriel
Senior Guest

One year's no cakewalk either, especially if you think about how much the wardens loved him^^
Old 2011-12-09, 16:42   Link #7078
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
One year's no cakewalk either, especially if you think about how much the wardens loved him^^
They showed Siegrain-sama the same respect he showed them.
Old 2011-12-09, 16:46   Link #7079
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Chapter was awesome.

+ jelly
+ meredy & ulty
+ the other guilds (forgot how funny and crazy every other good guy in FT was)
+ raven tail members (especially psycho-girl)
+ the whole punishment thing
+ plot was great at sweeping a lot of crap under the rug; which I'm fine with

And of course the color page was sweat!

Personally, couldn't care less. It's much more interesting when it can go both ways. If it's FT was weak, then you just know we're going to get some generic cheeze, since really what are the chances they join it and lose while being the underdog? That would be boring lose-lose situation.

Well I guess everyone but you knew he was coming back.

I mean c'mon, it's Fairy Tail we're talking about. He's Erza's childhood friend, if he was to die, he would have died already.
It's more along the lines of "false hope?"

I was hoping he got his head chopped off already. He's like team rocket, never dying. Then again, no one in Fairy Tail dies... oh well, I was hoping for at least a few dozen chapters before seeing his face again
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 16:56   Link #7080
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Then again, no one in Fairy Tail dies... oh well, I was hoping for at least a few dozen chapters before seeing his face again
I think we've had this discussion before, and it ended in "yes a lot of people die (just not anyone too important)" ;P Just to give an example for this case, didn't some of Erza's other friends die? There are just certain plot points that grand plot armor (for a limited time), so it should be obvious. Well Jelly is currently walking naked, but he probably won't get a chance to kick the bucket too soon.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen