AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-10-02, 06:29   Link #1041
Storm-and-Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardf29 View Post
Speaking of spoilers, could anyone already familiar with the game note if anything in the recently-released Prelude sub is particularly spoilerish?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-02, 06:32   Link #1042
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
Oh, so Kanon, Air, and Clannad aren't harem shows?
In a word, no.

Cheers.
Old 2007-10-02, 07:33   Link #1043
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

@ DragoonKain3

You've taken something so not spoilerish and trying to make it into a big fuss.

All I said is that Clannad is about people making families and that the plot is simple as that, I didn't say where, who, how, and whatnot, nor did I even go into depth explaining the imagery in the ED and what they represent. And like I said, it's not about reaching the destination, it's the scenary in between - exactly the where, who, how and whatnot which I did not spoil at all. Nothing in there spoils anything about the actual content and execution of the show. Even a proper anime preview/review would give more summary about the plot that what I wrote in regards to how the ED summarises the show's plot.

It's not unlike me summarises that Naruto is a ninja fighting show about a boy ninja growing up with his friends, and people know that would be able to get it and won't say I'm spoiling anything (heck I "spoiled" more in that sentence than my Clannad description!). So really, tell me how that spoils anything in Clannad?

@iamandragon, Mirrinus

I dunno, just read a lot I suppose?

Oh and iamandragon, Clannad's semi-sequel "Tomoyo After -It's a Wonderful Life", is indeed about life, or more like it's a continuation of Clannad's life and family theme. But I guess you should be able to tell from the subtitle of the game anyway.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 07:55   Link #1044
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Ahh, no wonder. I havn't played Tomoyo after yet. Though I don't intend to do so since I don't like Tomoyo at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
Oh, so Kanon, Air, and Clannad aren't harem shows?
Unfortunately, nope. The reason being is:
Spoiler:

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-02 at 08:10.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 09:06   Link #1045
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Unfortunately, nope. The reason being is:
Spoiler:
could you explain this further here, or could you pm me with the answers. I don't want to say much but the general questions one would ask for this.
Old 2007-10-02, 09:15   Link #1046
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Ahh, no wonder. I havn't played Tomoyo after yet. Though I don't intend to do so since I don't like Tomoyo at all.
Tomoyo After is a good game. But then again I like Tomoyo, she and Tomoya are the opposite of each other such that they have really good chemistry together. But then if you don't like her, I guess that can't be helped.

Also about the whole harem thing, Key's work, as they were released, have less and less focus on male/female romance and more on fundemental issues regarding life in general. If you order the games (at least the ones by Maeda Jun) in their release order you begin to see it:

Kanon: traditional male/female romance
AIR: mother and daughter
Clannad: family
Tomoyo After - it's a Wonderful Life: life's hardships
Little Busters!: Childhood friendship

Planetarian is not by Maeda Jun, but it also does not focus on romance but rather what it means to be "alive".
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 09:55   Link #1047
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Tomoyo after.. lol tomoyo and tomoya is really like + and -, but they really are a good combi, but still my favourite pairing is kyou and tomoya.. though their story was kinda bland, but still i like that kind of story, and i found that kyou is an extremely tsundere character, a major moe turn on for me. And i know perfectly she is gonna get shafted.. sigh, oh well i still get the game lol

i find that anime ending is good, fitting with the theme.. but am i the only one who didn't feel right with the animation, sure it is just a dango.. but the background was so plain, only dango daikazoku going around with little details..

Man.. every key game moved me to tears (kanon,air,planetarian, clannad, little busters!).. i love you key, though i don't know what's gonna happen to you after little busters! ;_;
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 09:56   Link #1048
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Planetarian is not by Maeda Jun, but it also does not focus on romance but rather what it means to be "alive".
i thought it was made by maeda jun, silly me, but planetarian is also one of key's masterpiece, who is the writer then *sorry for going offtopic*

anyway 2 more days until clannad airs wohowwww
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 10:54   Link #1049
stardf29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-and-Fire View Post
Spoiler:
...It doesn't really help when the answer to an "are there spoilers" question is in a spoiler itself... but then again, what you wrote isn't exactly a spoiler to begin with, so you're forgiven.

Well, I suppose those avoiding spoilers could go without watching the Prelude, then, just to be safe.
stardf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 11:06   Link #1050
Kristen
*Author

Two days to go.

And even though I've listened to the soundtrack countless times, seen all the previews, and already gone crazy over this, I have no idea what's going to happen. Not even a hint.
So, I really don't think there are spoilers... But who knows. I've never played the game.
Old 2007-10-02, 11:32   Link #1051
rg4619

Quote:
i thought it was made by maeda jun, silly me, but planetarian is also one of key's masterpiece, who is the writer then *sorry for going offtopic*
Suzumoto Yuuichi, who is employed by Leaf/Aquaplus now. None of the core founding Key staff (Maeda Jun, Hinoue Itaru, Orito Shinji, Miracle Mikipon, etc.) were involved with Planetarian, so it stands outside a bit.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 14:12   Link #1052
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post

Kanon: traditional male/female romance
AIR: mother and daughter
Clannad: family
Tomoyo After - it's a Wonderful Life: life's hardships
Little Busters!: Childhood friendship

Erm...for your reference, Kanon is about 'miracle' and Air is about 'hope'. If not, the other way round. Let me dig up my essays...
Old 2007-10-02, 14:29   Link #1053
rg4619

Quote:
Erm...for your reference, Kanon is about 'miracle' and Air is about 'hope'. If not, the other way round. Let me dig up my essays...
I think he's referring to each game's take on life and relationships (as opposed to the story themes). Kanon is indeed a more traditional romance, whereas AIR emphasizes the mother/child bond. In that way, each story has had less romantic emphasis than the previous.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 15:23   Link #1054
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
I think he's referring to each game's take on life and relationships (as opposed to the story themes). Kanon is indeed a more traditional romance, whereas AIR emphasizes the mother/child bond. In that way, each story has had less romantic emphasis than the previous.
Each KEY work by Maeda Jun has a theme on it, and every plot of it revolves around it. The romance in his works are all tools to express them for him.
Old 2007-10-02, 17:25   Link #1055
Leedizzle

I do enjoy harem animes as much as the next guy, but I do also enjoy the singular romance element that is played throughout a show.
Leedizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 19:48   Link #1056
Overture

Who's subbing it again? AFK subbing it?
Overture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 21:50   Link #1057
kevin13
Disabled By Request

I think everyone is subbing it :O

But really there's like a guide here:
http://fansub.andrewlb.com/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202007

Dunno how up to date it is.
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 01:57   Link #1058
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
It seems they have removed that notice about the cropping for TBS's broadcast to fit 4:3 Fullscreen.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 03:35   Link #1059
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
It seems they have removed that notice about the cropping for TBS's broadcast to fit 4:3 Fullscreen.
Yeah, maybe they just moved it to some other place on the site, or maybe it was accidentally deleted in a site update... who knows... I wouldn't necessarily consider it to mean anything in particular, though of course we'll know in a few days.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 04:29   Link #1060
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
2 days? Woah, that's sooner than I thought. I'm so excited! ^^

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen