AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-21, 00:04   Link #41
KaoruLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Part 40:
Spoiler for Trans:
Spoiler for epi 24:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No way Bobby lets them do that instead of him
No way, Bobby is already the makeup-artist
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 00:08   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Bobby could be both and the cook and organize the proceedings if he wanted to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I just want to know if itīs a good movie (and a good movie for a Sheryl fan too), i need to distract myself with something or i will end up reading the rest of the spoilers.
Well here's one non spoiler opinion on another site I post on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakimushi
I just saw it this morning at an 8:00am showing, and I thought it was great. I'm surprised at those percentages though, after seeing it I would have thought that there was even less re-used footage from the TV series than that - although I did watch the series a couple of months ago. However, on several occasions when they did reuse TV series footage, they modified both the dialog and context of those scenes.

It is definitely an alternate retelling, not a recap movie. However, it isn't a radical alternate universe type retelling: most of the characters and their relationships to each other are the same. Obviously though, the secondary characters get very little screen time compared to Sheryl, Ranka and Alto. The plot is very similar (albeit simplified) but is not identical to that the TV series.

One plot shortcut they took was that at the beginning Alto and Ranka already know each other, but otherwise the movie never seemed rushed - they used all of the full two hours to tell a complete story, and the pacing worked very well.

There was a little more fan service than in the TV series: one of Sheryl's concert costumes (with the little pom-pom) was really hot, and the first time her phone rang was both funny and hot.
Sounds good! Lol @ me pming him about the state of the triangle right after I read that lol. If you're wondering what he meant by %'s he was replying to me saying this earlier in the thread. "The first half of the movie, which is the first hour, has 30-40% new footage. The latter half, which the latter hour, has about 80%." which was news most people knew here.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 00:17   Link #43
Dash_Hunter

Thanks for posting that Westlo.

So i think it is indeed a good movie, now i just want to know the release date of the DVD (or if someone can upload a cam rip...).

Oh and if he responds your PM let me now haha.
Old 2009-11-21, 00:43   Link #44
LC
Shocking Pink

A little bit more from kresphy at MW

Spoiler for Movie Spoilers:
Old 2009-11-21, 01:11   Link #45
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Thanks for posting that Westlo.

So i think it is indeed a good movie, now i just want to know the release date of the DVD (or if someone can upload a cam rip...).

Oh and if he responds your PM let me now haha.
Well he did and if you want to know.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-21, 01:24   Link #46
KaoruLia

More from Kresphy @ MW:

Spoiler for spoilers:

Quote:
Spoiler for love triangle?:
Spoiler for second movie:
Old 2009-11-21, 01:39   Link #47
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well he did and if you want to know.

Spoiler:
Thankyou, itīs good to know that the battles are really good, and about the triangle.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-21, 04:01   Link #48
magnuskn

So, Kawamori blatantly lied in that Youtube interview, when he said that the triangle would get resolved by the movies end?

Oh, well, at least no flame wars. One more year to wait...
Old 2009-11-21, 04:05   Link #49
Renaissance Otaku
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via MSN to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via Yahoo to Renaissance Otaku
Quote:

Spoiler:
I don't think I've ever seen a dynamic like that carried off, at least not regularly. Generally, in these setups, I see this
Spoiler:

It interesting to hear how much has changed. Thanks for the info guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, Kawamori blatantly lied in that Youtube interview, when he said that the triangle would get resolved by the movies end?

Did he specify this film, or the films in general?
Renaissance Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 04:43   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

Kawamori didn't say which film though, and it makes more sense to have it resolve in the second film, rather then the first, don't you think?

I must see this so called 'Sheryl answering phone' scene.
Old 2009-11-21, 04:49   Link #51
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance Otaku View Post
Did he specify this film, or the films in general?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Kawamori didn't say which film though, and it makes more sense to have it resolve in the second film, rather then the first, don't you think?

I must see this so called 'Sheryl answering phone' scene.
You'd have to ask the guys who did the interview, he talked in Japanese, but IIRC, their translation was that "I'll make it clear for the movie". Which is, at the very least, double talk if he meant the second movie. If you want to be kind.
Old 2009-11-21, 04:50   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well we've known for a while that the two films would be connected, and the triangle should be resolved towards the end of the story. I just thought it was expected not to see anything in the first film.
Old 2009-11-21, 04:56   Link #53
magnuskn

Quote:
Well we've known for a while that the two films would be connected, and the triangle should be resolved towards the end of the story. I just thought it was expected not to see anything in the first film.
Oh, I expected it. But I wanted to make a note that Kawamori blatantly lied to those interviewers. I may just have hoped that they'd be humane enough to their fans to resolve it, instead of letting us hang another year.
Old 2009-11-21, 07:06   Link #54
mike_s_6

Quote:
But I wanted to make a note that Kawamori blatantly lied to those interviewers.
How so? If the question is,

"do you plan to reveal it in the movie?"

and he answered,

"I'll make it clear for the movie."

The question did not ask, and did not trail off from a question about the first movie. And neither did he answer that it would be for the first movie. We all know by now that there are two movies, and just like sequel movies, these flow from one part to the next - it's one interconnected piece.

In parallel, if Kawamori said something similar to this just after episode 8 aired: "Who Alto likes would be resolved in the show", would everyone expect the resolution to be shown in episode 9? Whether he lied or not, was joking or trolling, let's wait for the finale.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 07:46   Link #55
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
How so? If the question is,

"do you plan to reveal it in the movie?"

and he answered,

"I'll make it clear for the movie."

The question did not ask, and did not trail off from a question about the first movie. And neither did he answer that it would be for the first movie. We all know by now that there are two movies, and just like sequel movies, these flow from one part to the next - it's one interconnected piece.

In parallel, if Kawamori said something similar to this just after episode 8 aired: "Who Alto likes would be resolved in the show", would everyone expect the resolution to be shown in episode 9? Whether he lied or not, was joking or trolling, let's wait for the finale.
C'mon, that's political double-speak. Don't give me that, the interviewer asked, OBVIOUSLY in reference to the movie which is in theaters now, if Kawamori would resolve the romance. Kawamori indicated he would. He did not, hence he lied or at the least used unclear words. It's dissembling, plain and simple.
Old 2009-11-21, 07:54   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
C'mon, that's political double-speak. Don't give me that, the interviewer asked, OBVIOUSLY in reference to the movie which is in theaters now, if Kawamori would resolve the romance. Kawamori indicated he would. He did not, hence he lied or at the least used unclear words. It's dissembling, plain and simple.
Eh, i just think that's your take on understanding what was said in the interview. The question did not make out which film it was speaking about. If that was the intention from the start, then it would have been asked if the love triangle would be resolved in the first film, though it wasn't.
Old 2009-11-21, 08:03   Link #57
Westlo
Lets be reality

It doesn't make any sense to finish the triangle in the first movie since it's probably the driving force behind the series. Anyway I'll see if I can get some info on a certain slap :\

Anyway mike/mai's blog has some pics for the movie event or whatever.

http://gabrielarobin.com/3269/macros...c-related-news

From here

http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1229832_1558.html

Oh here's a nice write up

http://ilunari.dasaku.net/?p=586#more-586

Last edited by Westlo; 2009-11-21 at 08:13.
Old 2009-11-21, 08:21   Link #58
KaoruLia

Thanks Westlo! Been dying to see the screenshots.

I think that it doesn't really matter if Kawamori lied or not... the triangle will be dealt in the second movie anyways, so it's not like he blatantly told a contradiction. He was just being a typical Japanese in the interview -- polite, vague and obscure as possible

EDIT: Gasp! I'm loving the new red and aquamarine costumes of Sheryl!

Last edited by KaoruLia; 2009-11-21 at 08:42.
Old 2009-11-21, 08:41   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Going by those booklet scans, the film truly does look amazing in terms of animation and quality (what you'd expect really). Thanks a lot for the links Westlo.
Old 2009-11-21, 09:27   Link #60
magnuskn

Quote:
Eh, i just think that's your take on understanding what was said in the interview. The question did not make out which film it was speaking about. If that was the intention from the start, then it would have been asked if the love triangle would be resolved in the first film, though it wasn't.
Pretty rich, coming from the one who first cited him from that interview.

Here's the exact quotation: Q: With the triangle love situation, you left off not making it clear who likes who but do you plan to reveal it later on?
A: I'll make it clear for the movie.

I think it is pretty clear that he meant this movie. At least to the interviewers. He clearly was dissembling and I really don't get why this is in question. Tons of PR people do it all the time.

Hey, I don't even disagree that, as it stands, the narrative benefits from concluding the romance in the second movie, since we got an alternate story. But I don't want it left out that Kawamori dissembled in that interview, that's all.