Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-14, 15:11   Link #2041
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't blame blind people for not being able to see. I do blame them for walking into a wall though. That's completely unnecessary, even for someone who's blind. Especially someone who's been blind all their life.
Its more akin to getting her sight back. We don't know to what extent Dr. Franxx and APE doctored her memories of True Darling but its pretty likely they fed into the delusion that killing more Klax would make her human if for no other reason than to keep her obedient.

Up until now she had the crutch of 'doing it for Darling' and now that she's staring Darling in the face that crutch is gone.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 15:11   Link #2042
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i'm betting for a reason or an other

when hiro will finally decide to go look for 02 he will be her NEW darling
I don't think 9a want to die that badly.

I bet 02 won't take any stateman and pilot the mech alone (if they aim for a good character development). I would be really disappointed if 02 starts to drain ppl's lives again. That would be back to square one.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 15:12   Link #2043
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
...I don't doubt it...After the way Alpha Nine was look at those two. I know we'll be seeing him again.
yeah, zero 2 is the "mankind ace" and his team ace, he probably get very upset to see that "newbie team" steal his precious weapon them decided to ask the old geeses to get a chance to get her back and for his own amusement crush the whole team teamwork and friendship, now the team is broken and he have back what he wanted and give a proper punishment to that team, specially for hiro.

More and more this show really seens focused on the romance, some dirty behind scenes tricks and relationship and much less about beating monsters.

I'm really start to believe which probably the klaxx are not really the "monsters" as they are and probably the true villian are really that old fart guys.

Honestly i can't really blame anyone here since it was someone "pulling" the strings here to create all that chaos, it's not really everyone fault besides 9a, he is really the one here at fault which did all that crap playing dirty here with ichigo.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:13   Link #2044
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
You've give reasons for why she might be doing all of this and I agree that context behind the acts matters, though you lean more heavily than I do in one direction, so I'll ask you how would you recommend she fix this situation? We can go back and forth on the subject of why she did it, but what can she do to resolve the matter of what has happened?
Ideally, you would send her to a shrink. But we can't have that in anime, can we?

Anyway, I guess it would take something drastic to make her start trusting others. Right now she has no reason to trust. Hiro (it has to be him, I guess) has to give her a reason. Maybe if he rebels against Papa and goes after 02, she would feel more inclined to open up to him?

Beyond that, she needs to learn she doesn't have to be human.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:16   Link #2045
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Ideally, you would send her to a shrink. But we can't have that in anime, can we?

Anyway, I guess it would take something drastic to make her start trusting others. Right now she has no reason to trust. Hiro (it has to be him, I guess) has to give her a reason. Maybe if he rebels against Papa and goes after 02, she would feel more inclined to open up to him?

Beyond that, she needs to learn she doesn't have to be human.
But that puts them in the line of harm when Hiro has done plenty of things to try and get through with her. She has to be willing to open up to others first and give some ground, not the other way. Trust and all that good stuff is a two-way street.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:16   Link #2046
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
I don't think 9a want to die that badly.

I bet 02 won't take any stateman and pilot the mech alone (if they aim for a good character development). I would be really disappointed if 02 starts to drain ppl's lives again. That would be back to square one.
up till now they only did one overused plotline after an other

so i won't start expecting more than that now
Old 2018-04-14, 15:21   Link #2047
Mistyclear

I think she’s given up being human...she said it didn’t she—she set up the boy she wanted to be human for by turning him into her—in the end said boy called her a monster—a punishment fitting for her or so she believes (she didn’t deny his words and simply lowered her head when he called her monster)...I wouldn’t be surprised if she gave up on being human with this type of sequence.

Last edited by Mistyclear; 2018-04-14 at 15:48.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 15:27   Link #2048
Kazu-kun

Quote:
But that puts them in the line of harm when Hiro has done plenty of things to try and get through with her. She has to be willing to open up to others first and give some ground, not the other way. Trust and all that good stuff is a two-way street.
No, two-way is the best case scenario. But we're not working on the best case scenario here. 02 is too far gone. Too much isolation, too much suffering. She's not gonna take the first step here, and she might not even respond if you take the first step yourself. It might sound unfair, but life isn't always fair.

You might say it's not worth the effort then, but that it's for Hiro to decide. He has to make up his mind whether 02 is truly important to him. Hiro has come this far getting carried by others. He wanted to pilot and feel useful, but he couldn't do anything until 02 showed up. But now he has to decide and do things on his own.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:27   Link #2049
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
I think she’s given up being human...she said it didn’t she—she set up the boy she wanted to be human for by turning him into her—in the end said boy called her a monster—a punishment fitting for her or so she believes (she didn’t deny his words and simply lowered her head when he called her monster)...I wouldn’t be surprised if she gave up on being human with this type of sequence.
yeah at this point she is finally broken and lost her "desire to fight" now the nine alpha and the adults will suffer the consequences of they action, because i really doubt zero will really battle serious as she used before and probably her new partners will have a much "long life" since she lost her motivation to battle since the person she loves only see her as a monster now and don't matter if she is able to turn human or no.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:30   Link #2050
_Ninja_

Zero Two isn't a sociopath. She has a very abnormal existence. The children already do but her even more so. Being different and her quest to become human and reunite with her original Darling is all she knows. The only type of partnership that she knows is the "3 rides" partnership, this cycle is likely what taught her to view life the way she does. Her singular focus on her quest when derailed has made her unhinged and erratic, her obsession blinded her to the good things she already had. Her desperation and emotional instability after her search has come to such an end pushed her over the edge when it appeared as if she was denied once again.

I feel bad for... Ichigo. This will not go her way. She has used the fact that Hiro has to give up on Zero Two at least for the moment to push herself into some type of relationship with him. But I think even she knows on some level that this is only because of the volatility in the wake of the Zero Two debacle. Because clearly in that very moment Hiro is in love with Zero Two.

Last edited by _Ninja_; 2018-04-14 at 15:43.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 15:38   Link #2051
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't see it as pushing herself into a relationship with him. She's trying everything she can to keep him alive. Her confession is just a further expression of her desire for him to stay alive and well.

Quote:
You're missing the point of the analogy.
I don't think I am. The analogy just backfired.

Quote:
The reaction is natural, but you need to live in society to become aware of it and incorporate it into your value system. Even animals become violent and antisocial when they grow in isolation. This has been tested with chimps. You need to interact with others in a positive way during your childhood in order to become a socially-functional person. There's no way around this.
Why do you keep bringing up society and stuff. For the last few posts I've been talking about pragmatism. What she's doing is detrimental to herself. Her actions are against her own interest.

Futhermore, if she didn't know what she was doing, she wouldn't be talking about being punished.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 15:39   Link #2052
Twi

Quote:
No, two-way is the best case scenario. But we're not working on the best case scenario here. 02 is too far gone. Too much isolation, too much suffering. She's not gonna take the first step here, and she might not even respond if you take the first step yourself. It might sound unfair, but life isn't always fair.

You might say it's not worth the effort then, but that it's for Hiro to decide. He has to make up his mind whether 02 is truly important to him. Hiro has come this far getting carried by others. He wanted to pilot and feel useful, but he couldn't do anything until 02 showed up. But now he has to decide and do things on his own.
But he had decided. He said it himself in front of her door, he doesn't mind dying piloting with her, but he wanted to know if she knew all along that him taking her blood was the reason and why she didn't tell him. It was when he heard that she hurt his friends that he couldn't let that go and said her actions were that of a monster.

Hiro has established Zero Two is extremely important to him, enough that he's willing to die. But he can't sacrifice everyone else for her too, and they are willing to protect him from someone they see actively trying to harm him like when she was in the cockpit before she knew Hiro was the OG Darling. That's why they kept a guard outside his door and tried to remove her from play, even before they knew Nana had already arranged things to get her off the ship.

She has to take the first step to make things right, because otherwise nothing will change.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:43   Link #2053
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And regardless, no amount sad backstory will change the fact that she assaulted her team mates. She deserves what she is getting.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:46   Link #2054
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep14:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 15:47   Link #2055
_Ninja_

Quote:
I don't see it as pushing herself into a relationship with him. She's trying everything she can to keep him alive. Her confession is just a further expression of her desire for him to stay alive and well.
I think there is definitely a selfish aspect to what she does this episode. She once again vows to be his partner and sure part of it is for his sake but there is definitely a selfish motivation there too.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:48   Link #2056
Kazu-kun

Quote:
But he had decided. He said it himself in front of her door, he doesn't mind dying piloting with her, but he wanted to know if she knew all along that him taking her blood was the reason and why she didn't tell him. It was when he heard that she hurt his friends that he couldn't let that go and said her actions were that of a monster.
Because he still has doubts. He didn't decide anything. He wanted to ask something to her. That won't do. We're already past that point. He already knows everything he needs to know about her. He has to take one decision and one decision only: is he willing to put everything on the line for her or not? If not, then he might as well forget about her. If yes, then he has stop sulking and go look for her asap.

Quote:
She has to take the first step to make things right, because otherwise nothing will change.
Then nothing will change. She went away, that's that. The ball is on his court now. It's up to him to decide.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:48   Link #2057
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The selfish motivation is wanting to keep him alive.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:48   Link #2058
SeaDoor

Wow. This series seems to be hitting on all cylinders now.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 15:50   Link #2059
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Then nothing will change. She went away. The ball is on his court. It's up to him to decide.
Are you really suggesting that Hiro should take responsibility for her actions? Is she truly that untouchable? Can she really just do as she pleases and have other people bear the responsibilities because hey, she never grew up properly?

No, that's not right. You don't just get to evade responsibility like that. If your own actions lead to you being punished, you learn from it. Better late than never. If Hiro ends up taking all the responsibility, he wouldn't even be helping her. He would just continue to encourage her destructive behavior.

Oh but I guess nobody ever taught her to learn things either, huh?
Old 2018-04-14, 15:52   Link #2060
_Ninja_

Quote:
The selfish motivation is wanting to keep him alive.
No it's also to be his partner and lover clearly. She tells him she wants them to be forever together. None of these things are strictly about his safety.