AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-12-18, 16:02   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Negima - Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, OSTs, etc.)

Thread dedicated to Negima related merchandise - including... art books, figurines, funny shaped staffs, games, manga, plushies, CDs, OSTs, DVDs, etc., or if you know where you can find such items, then please post here.

For music related items, please check the following sites:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.animenation.com
http://www.yesasia.com
If you can read Japanese, then you can also try:
http://www.amazon.co.jp

Please Note: This thread is for official merchandise only, no bootlegs or cheap illegal imitations!
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 16:07   Link #2
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Great, i'm the first one!

So I will ask here. Has anybody found a Negi figurine? I have seen Nodoka and Makie but not him. I do not know a lot of places to search for those kind of things so any help would be apreciated.
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 13:52   Link #3
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

I have a Negi figurine (with him currently standing next to my Nodoka figurine in my bedroom bookshelf). The best way to find a Negi figurine is to go to www.hlj.com and either order a box of the series 5 Negima! Figumate figurines (although it's currently in "backordered" status) or pre-order a box of the series 2 Negima!? figurines. Both of these boxes will come with at least one Negi figurine (and some other figurines as well).
Old 2006-12-22, 14:29   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was hoping they'd finish out their line of At-Sai figures.... but we'll just have to see what they pop up with...
Old 2007-01-30, 14:47   Link #5
krzglue2

There is a new set of Figumate coming up in March, here is the photo of it. The date is still not clear yet.

The price for one set is around $25 USD for one set, I get the price first in some Japan Toy site and change the currency into US currency.
krzglue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 16:16   Link #6
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

I'll pass on this set since:

1. none of these figurines interest me;
2. the Haruhi Figumate figurines come out in March as well.
Old 2007-01-30, 17:06   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Meh.... doesn't look like we'll ever be getting any of the "second circle girls" (the martial arts ladies, etc)... I'm still trying to figure out why Makie got a figure but not Yue (for that matter both Mana and Kaede should be easy marks just because of their looks)...
The marketing and merchandising for this property is just... wierd.
Old 2007-01-30, 20:36   Link #8
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Meh.... doesn't look like we'll ever be getting any of the "second circle girls" (the martial arts ladies, etc)... I'm still trying to figure out why Makie got a figure but not Yue (for that matter both Mana and Kaede should be easy marks just because of their looks)...
Makie was number one in the first two reader character polls. They're simply responding to demand.

Personally I want a scary Chizu-nee holding a spring onion, Ayaka with pictures of Negi, Chachamaru in her cute tea ceremony kimono, Takahata from the martial arts tournament (hands in pockets), and a couple of other off-the-wall ones, but I've resigned myself to their being no merchandise for this.

Which is weird, you'd think it would be one of the best merchandise-d properties. Maybe the production companies are afraid that it'll be too hard to come up with five or so figurines that will be profitable.
Old 2007-01-30, 22:05   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I like the Chach and Takahata ideas ... yeah, its like 'cripes' at least put out the entire 30 girl set in gashapon?? (I have the one set they did with Eva, Chach, Asuna, Nodoka, and Konoka).

Just another mystery about the way this property was managed.

(ah.. yeah, I vaguely recall Makie polled well so that makes sense... )
Old 2007-01-31, 16:48   Link #10
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
First, all 31 girls have already been released in Figumate form in the original "Negima Figumate" collection that was released in 2005 and 2006.

Second, while this figurine was only available in certain stores, Konami just recently released a figurine of Yue in her swimsuit from the Summer OAV (there's also swimsuit figurines of Asuna, Konoka, Nodoka, and Ku Fei).
Old 2007-01-31, 18:25   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

okay... sorry but the "figumate"s don't really count in my book. They're deformed/chibi/whatever (though they're cute) ... Not exactly "high definition" models like, say, the recent Fate models or the Kanon 2006 releases.

The 4" Mahou Sensei Negima Konami figure collection "set of 6" from the first season were more to my liking (on-model realistic and affordable), I was really surprised they didn't continue with those... they were just perfect for a big collection.

At the higher end - the At-Sai 8" models... but those would have been a nightmare to collect cost-wise and hell to display (30 8" models).

I'll browse around for the Konami items (thanks for the tip) but I somehow doubt we're going to see Mana's excuse for a swimsuit O.o

I was really hoping for more 4" 'realistic' figures, I guess.

edit: I have come across some Movic figures in the 4" range.... but, they look really marginal - I'd almost be tempted to call them bootleg items. example at http://cgi.ebay.com/Negima-Figure-of...em150085741671

<sigh> my optimism wanes...

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-01-31 at 18:51.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 03:40   Link #12
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Some figurinesO.O,to much for me that I think i will die with cutness.I only have right now 2 wallscrolls of the series and recently put in back order of one messenger bag....quite cute n.n
Incho-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 19:41   Link #13
Duero
Otaku

>< hmmm

any one know where to get my hands on Negima Drama CDs ??
Duero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 20:10   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duero View Post
any one know where to get my hands on Negima Drama CDs ??
See the links at the beginning of this thread. You should be able to buy the CDs on most any site that sells Japanese CDs -- just do a search.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 13:37   Link #15
bettyrawr
What is this rumpus?

I saw a Asuna, Kondoka and Chamo plushie dolls. They're so cute! ^_^ But I only saw them on ebay... anyone else know where to get them ( and in England?)
bettyrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 15:23   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Virtually all the Negima merchandise has been "sold out" and I'm not seeing any pre-orders for items at the moment --- ebay or the random anime hobby shop that has a stash is your best bet for now.
Old 2007-12-18, 00:37   Link #17
Asrialys

Well, Japanese merchandise. All we have are keychains and patches. Well, and those mini figurines that came with the LE DVDs. Hehe, I was able to get all six different ones, despite the packaging error that made some people get two of the same figurine. I was able to trade with someone, since he had the one I needed and vice versa.
Old 2008-04-20, 06:16   Link #18
Komitadji

i'm looking for more Negima related figurines like the following one I just saw this image of...
(this is Makie BTW)

does anyone know of any more?
Komitadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 01:24   Link #19
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Let me snap some pics of ones I have from that series. If you live in the US, we might be able to work something out as I'm clearing out some of my figures. I'll update this tomorrow hopefully.
Old 2008-04-23, 04:15   Link #20
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I'm a new Negima fan. I've watched up to episode 21 of Negima!?, read the first two volumes of the manga (I have #3 that I'll start on next), and I just watched episode two of Negima!: Magister Negi Magi.

The first half of the Shaft production was very good, I thought, but then went a little weird. I'm glad I started the manga, I'll be ordering more next month. While the XEBEC production is obviously lower visual quality, I enjoyed those first two episodes quite a bit. I may try and pace it with it the manga.

I'm wondering about the Pactio cards that were available. Is there a chance of still getting these... besides paying $250 for a set of 12 on ebay? I tried doing a search for some info and didn't come across anything. I see a lot of images of them, though. Where were they originally available... manga, DVD's?