AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-25, 12:40   Link #281
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
just to add to this:

if he could produce an ammunition that allowed anyone to pick up a gun and shoot mages dead, every bad guy in ordered space would be after him and his family to get it. He or his family WOULD have been abducted and WOULD have had it tortured out of them...

Hell, Scaglietti would have done to get orichalconium ammo for his gadget drones, making them a serious threat instead of a nuisance, and the Bureau would have been promptly rolled over.

And as for claims he couldn't do so...Due + infiltration + pickpocketed sample + reverse engineering = ????

Bottom line, if something so potentially paradigm shifting existed, it would have been taken, exploited and the paradigm would have been shifted, with Mages going from top dogs to little more than a footnote overnight...
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 12:41   Link #282
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by comartemis View Post
I'm going with the assumption that "mass-based weapons" refers to large-scale mass-based weapons like nuclear missiles and ICBMs and such, and that guns and so forth aren't outlawed, just outdated and seen as inferior to magic.
Think of StrikerS' premise. If they had small-scale mass-weapons, even at the anti-vehicle level, it would have made dealing with gadget drones so much easier. But, does anyone point an AT-rocket at those things? Heck no! They'd rather use complicated spells like variable barret than just shoot it with a heavy-caliber machine gun. Mid's people are completely unable to conceive of using physical weapons even when it could be advantageous to do so. In our civilization, swords and arrows are outdated, but we can still recognise situations where they could come in handy. That ability appears to be gone in Mid.
Also, Mid's GF wouldn't have such a problem dealing with rogue mages and miscallenous criminals if they had handguns. Handguns may be "outdated" against mages, but they're still effective against non-magical criminals who can't throw up a magic shield.
And check out the StrikerS manga ch4 pg21, "all physical attack-based weapons have already been outlawed. Weapons and combat now rely PURELY on magic."
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 12:55   Link #283
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Kai could sure use a wingman. :3
You wish... If he got put in that squad he'd be the wingman; for Rouge 11. He's the new guy after all though I still haven't decided where exactly he gets put though take heart in that he'll acutally have some skills in the fic though he'll still be a klutz, but a significantly more deadly klutz and I've got a possible pairing in mind that dosen't involve him being beaten on for no gain.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 12:59   Link #284
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For lulz, Lowe and I were thinking of Jack Jr. and Arara, since both tend to be rather laid back. Arara would be the Mistress of Missile Spam while Jr. would be the Skilled Gunfighter.

...and I'm thiking of crossing OCT into Gundam SEED, with such things such as the march of the old dudes: TK, Jack Sr, and Lowe (yeah alternate OCT continuity ) and Aaron going beercan spam: TK uses Guinness, Lowe uses San Miguel, Jack Sr. uses Bud, and Aaron uses Pocari Sweat . Oh and he uses a VF-22S.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:09   Link #285
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
I just realized how awesome our thread tags are.
"Bluecheesium"?! "Khrack"?! "MADNESS"?!?!?!

I LOVE THIS PLACE :3
Old 2008-05-25, 14:20   Link #286
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Depends on the server I guess. Mine's quite populated, most hunters are lazy fucks, and so I turn on the LFG system and ninja the tanks and healers from under their noses. :3

Advertising yourself as CC/DPS increases your chances of being recruited, and there are some instances where traps are the only ones that work on the mobs present. The Underbog comes to mind.
Note to self: Learn to use traps correctly. Any hints?

Quote:
Having a good guild helps too. :3
I'm not a raider-type person. One of the reasons I'm jumping with joy over the anounced plans for WotLK (every instance will have a 10 man version) is that I will finally have a chance to see endgame content.

Ironically, I am hapilly leveling a pally right now.

Quote:
Though its kinda funny that the KhaxKeroko pairing is being populated so quickly...
Yes. Strange.

Quote:
...I call ONYXIA and her doing whimsical side experiments! Killing her must've unleashed her warped creations...
Her daddy wasn't exactly exempt to experiments either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
So Keroko's VF-19 has dual Strike FAST packs then plus the arm guns and the 4 on the head... Yeah 10 rapid fire beam cannons should be enough spam I reckon.
I have no idea what half of those are, but I agree with lotsa beam cannons.

Amuzingly, Macross also gave me a perfect scene of Keroko in combat:

Its short, but it works. Imagine the blue beams red and you have Keroko in combat. She's not a 'one-hit KO!' type like Nanoha, but more a 'try to dodge this!' beamspammer.

Which reminds me, gotta download more episodes. Only seen the first one so far.

Quote:
“As ordered we detonated a spatial charge in our wake my lord the fools shall surely assume the hyperspace distortions that have resulted were a sign of our ‘destruction’.”

“Perhaps, but it matters not even if they see through our ruse it’s far too late to stop our plans too… far too late.”
Tesla: Report.

Grunt: As you suspected, ma'm, the explosion was a ruse. The tracker is giving back accurate readings. We are fully able to track their presence and hear any conversation.

Quote:
I don’t know about you but I’m pretty sure my monitor still displays pixels unless you’ve gotten your 3D holographic display already mines still on order. Render it however you want in the end it still ends up as a million little square dots on a monitor.
In which case Angelic Layer is pixels as well. Anyway, I was reffering to production stage. Blame my multimedia course.

Quote:
Oh I’ve played the game before (shit I played it version 1 of it) I’m just surprised the grunt was smart enough to do it… Though I always used ranged heroes anyway so I’d be shooting creeps from the start Dwarven Sharpshooter for the win. “Oh you’re injured but you’re already running back to your base so you’re fine… SNIPED. 2000 range ultimate bitch!” Though later versions introduced too much cheese for my tastes getting random super item X first became more important then leveling, spells, or actual skill IMO and of coruse at higher levels pretty much any hero with life steal was basiclly broken.
Drow archer is pretty awesome too. "oh, you you want to run? *autocast slow arrow* you're not going anywhere except the ress station."

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Oh, my, Suwako
Just wait untill its animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I could ask the same question about every melee weapon in the series, as well as all physical-type spells like Swallow Flier.

In light of this, I'm going with the assumption that "mass-based weapons" refers to large-scale mass-based weapons like nuclear missiles and ICBMs and such, and that guns and anti-personnel weapons and so forth aren't outlawed, just outdated and seen as inferior to magic. Kiritsugu's choice of ammunition makes them decidedly less so.
Goose made a pretty accurate description of that: They're legal because they're magical weaponry.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:49   Link #287
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post

That makes about thirty of us.

EDIT: Keroko, what server are you on?

Last edited by LimitedEternal; 2008-05-25 at 15:23.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 19:43   Link #288
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Yeah when I saw the tag system I had to add "khrack" to it. =3

Quote:
You wish... If he got put in that squad he'd be the wingman; for Rouge 11. He's the new guy after all though I still haven't decided where exactly he gets put though take heart in that he'll acutally have some skills in the fic though he'll still be a klutz, but a significantly more deadly klutz and I've got a possible pairing in mind that dosen't involve him being beaten on for no gain.
Pardon my mistake, I did mean that. Keroko >> Kai in awesome.

Now shall we add another KaixKeroko pairing into the multitude of multiverses...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post

That's who we are, that's how we will be.

(Keikakudoori... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah Trapping is much more complicated than Seduce or Sheep.

First, settle with the group what mark you are going to trap. The most common for Hunter freezes is the Blue Square. Looks like an iceblock, so the significance is there.

Second, drop the trap in advance. The group is probably not going to wait for you to refresh your trap's cooldown, so make it quick. And drop it away from the group if possible. You may have to kite the mob backwards some distance into a moderately distant trap if there's a lack of room.

Third, wait for the tank to start the pull, then you pull. People recommend Rank 1 Arcane Shot, but for safety I always use Distracting Shot because that ensures the bugger's on me, especially when a Pally throws his Captain America shield the mob's gonna be quite stuck to him. This also allows the mob to stay on you after trap wears off even though the healer has gotten a few heals off on you, allowing you to chain trap.

Forth, stop autoshooting the moment you pull by hitting Escape, or by adding /stopcasting at the end of your pullshot macro. This would prevent you from breaking your own trap! I don't use macros cos sometimes even Distracting gets resisted, or the mob is stubbornly on the tank, so the extra autos and whatever I throw in would help get them off ASAP. However, this comes at the cost of lag causing you to miss the Escape, and you break ur trap.

Fifth, have room to kite. Chain trapping requires you to buy as much time in between traps as much as possible, as the cooldown is 30s, but the duration is 20s. Drop the second trap after the first triggers ASAP, and have the mob do so running to get to you. Every extra second used in that 10s gap counts.

Sixth, know how to kite. Some mobs cannot be CC'd at all, so there will be times where you have no choice but to draw fire for quite long. And this is where the Hunters separate from the Huntards, the former can kite until he forgets that his group is yelling at him to Feign Death and send the mob back (happens to me too often. ), and the latter gets killed outright, and the mob runs back and wipes the group.

Kiting requires your 3 slows: Frost trap, Concussive Shot and Aspect of the Cheetah (slows the mob down by relativity. ). Drop Frost, wait for tank to pull, then pull. Keep moving backwards until the mob hits the trap. And keep DPS on him; you don't want the mob to clean aggro and run back when you aren't done with it. I get lazy and just sting him, though the recommended tactic is running-jumping-ArcaneShot.

The mob's on the trap. Good. Now Aspect on and keep running! Once he's out of the trap, Jump-Concussive and keep going, turn around once in a while to Sting him and keep going. It is preferred you jump-turn-sting-turn and land facing the same direction as you were first facing. Think of it as going into bullet time.

Second Frost ready, drop it quick! From here on out, its all about cycling through your CDs and making sure you have a slow up and not get damaged, otherwise your Aspect's Daze will be the death of you.

Seventh, be alert. As a hunter, once you're done trapping, you'd be free to just DPS. However, that means you are free to trap again when the need arises, and you should. The mage would be sheeping, the lock'd be seducing, the druid is busy tanking, so you're the hero now.

Being a Marksman gives you Scattershot, which you can use to spray the mob's face and daze him long enough to drop a trap on him and freeze him, saving the healer. A Beast Master would sic his pet on the mob, and Intimidate him for a trap. A Survivor could attempt to trap the mob and hope the healer doesn't die too quickly, or he could Wyvern Sting, then as the sting wears off unload Distracting and Arcane, then pop Deterrence to dodgetank for a bit. And scream at the tank to pay attention! This means that the mob has been asleep for 8s and if the tank hasn't done anything at the point, its his fault.

WoW what an essay. :3

Quote:
I'm not a raider-type person. One of the reasons I'm jumping with joy over the anounced plans for WotLK (every instance will have a 10 man version) is that I will finally have a chance to see endgame content.

Same here. 25man was just right for me, and 10mans were easy mode, so I'm already seeing endgame, and certainly the new legendary bow Thoridal from Kil'jaeden is actually within feasible grasp before the next expansion. WotLK looks to be a total PvE gear overload though; then the real distinction would be Arena gear in determining whether you have skill. Win all 10 games every week and you'd be getting somewhere without spending much time.

My pally is stuck at level 18, as I'm leveling a new pet from the Wailing caverns, so its from 17 to 70. Now at 62.

Quote:
Yes. Strange.
And now I'm adding moar to Tk's Macrack.

Quote:
Her daddy wasn't exactly exempt to experiments either.
I cii what you did thar.
Old 2008-05-25, 19:49   Link #289
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Don't step on your own for a start.

Quote:

Yeah that would be nice I've never been that huge of a clan/guild type guy either the total inability to do higher level stuff without finding a clan and wasting hours building up for huge raids was a turn off for me to be sure. Course I'm just not a huge MMORPG player to begin with so frankly any game that overly carters to the truly hardcore gets serious deductions from me.

Quote:
I have no idea what half of those are, but I agree with lotsa beam cannons.
Well the VF-19 is the production version of the YF-19 though my fic uses the C-Model which is my own invention and a minor upgrade to the fighter. The S model she’d use has two beam guns in the forearms, five smaller but still functional ones mounted on the head, and then mounts a pair of FAST packs on which one of the optional weapon system is a double barrel beam cannon. So I acutally miscounted its eleven beam cannons… unless one of the twin packs is substituted for a heavy pulse cannon then it's back to ten.

Quote:
Amuzingly, Macross also gave me a perfect scene of Keroko in combat:

Its short, but it works. Imagine the blue beams red and you have Keroko in combat. She's not a 'one-hit KO!' type like Nanoha, but more a 'try to dodge this!' beamspammer.
Indeed Macross combat tends to be about spam of various sorts of high speed spam mostly missiles, but you get some beam spam now and again too. Frontier in particular is very fluid and fast (the animation suffered only very slightly from the pilot to the series) would that StrikerS fights we're half as pretty. Then again macross can "cheat" by mostly using CG for battles which still looks fucking wicked mind, and those VFs can MOVE.

Quote:
Which reminds me, gotta download more episodes. Only seen the first one so far.
Yes, yes you do though if you just want some more spam skip to episode 7… Well that and dogfighting capital ships. The Macross Quarter dose indeed deserve her name. Frontier is proving remarkable not sucky there's still time for it to turn to crap, but I'm optimistic.

Quote:
Tesla: Report.

Grunt: As you suspected, ma'm, the explosion was a ruse. The tracker is giving back accurate readings. We are fully able to track their presence and hear any conversation.
Trusted Lieutenant: As you commanded the bugs planted in our navigation and and communications systems are being feild false coordinates and misinformation respectively.

Evil Overload TK: Honestly I almost find it insulting that these fools would think I have so little control over my own ship that I acutally failed to detect these devices and didn't simply let them remain at my own leisure. I trust the surveillance of the "undercover" agents responsible for planting all this nonsense is continuing as planned?

Trusted Lieutenant: Of course my lord.

Quote:
In which case Angelic Layer is pixels as well. Anyway, I was reffering to production stage. Blame my multimedia course.
*TK blames Keroko's Multimedia course*

Quote:
Drow archer is pretty awesome too. "oh, you you want to run? *autocast slow arrow* you're not going anywhere except the ress station."
*TK inadvertently crushes the soda can in his head as a vein pops out of his forehead*
As someone that tends to prefer ranged combat TK HAAATES trips and slow spells.

Quote:
Goose made a pretty accurate description of that: They're legal because they're magical weaponry.
Indeed if you look that's the one thing that unites all these supposed "mass based" weapons we see none of them would work without a mage providing the juice. I've said this before as long as you're powering it with magic the TSAB really has very few qualms about how precisely you brutally kill people. The entire Neo-Belkan style is pretty much proof of that.

Quote:
Well that just goes without saying.

Quote:
Now shall we add another KaixKeroko pairing into the multitude of multiverses...?
Not impossible and there might be hints, but acutally no I’ve got another newbie planned that I think would work better.

Quote:
That's who we are, that's how we will be.
Indeed.

Quote:
And now I'm adding moar to Tk's Macrack.
We'll see as I said a Kai/Keroko pairing is unlikely IMO. I take suggestions, but ultimately my crack is still my crack and I shall do as I please for the most part.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 20:08   Link #290
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

*Coma chokes and dies on the Macross crack*

Blargh.

Question for the haxxbusters.

I'm rethinking Kiritsugu's design and at the moment he's basically turning into an S-rank version of Teana sans illusions. However, for one of his device's modes I'm considering putting in a nerfed version of the Blaster System. The idea is that instead of boosting his beamspam capabilities (something Kiritsugu doesn't use except under special circumstances), only the bits are used in order to enhance his ability to lay down covering fire and attack an enemy from multiple angles. These are controlled by 'sugu's device and only place a moderate strain on his Linker Core, about as much as the average Full Drive form. Thoughts/Opinions/Flames?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 20:14   Link #291
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Using bits as harassing weapons to distract and pin down enemies is nothing new and we've seen it before in Gundam; in the context of Nanoha however it is pretty new. The concept has merit tactically, though it'll be up to the opposition to look for flaws and exploit it.

*me straps on OPFOR gear*

I would tend to disagree with your statements on moderate strain from full drive, but that will be left for later when i get back from work, i'm getting late as is. At any rate if you want him to have a similar setup to Nanoha, you're going to need to make him an S-rank just for the sake of power believeability.

And stop the choking and dying and drama. It was worse last year when 40k crack was everywhere. At least Macross is a fair bit more positive and happier than 40k.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 20:24   Link #292
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
I would tend to disagree with your statements on moderate strain from full drive, but that will be left for later when i get back from work, i'm getting late as is.
The only evidence we have (or I have, anyways, you guys can probably come up with something) that the Full Drive places any strain on the mage is RH's Excelion form. Zamber, Exceed, Gear Excelion, Dagger Form (If you can call it an FD form), Bogenform, none of these seem to place any strain on the mage, or at least not to the point where they can't just grin and bear it.

Quote:
At any rate if you want him to have a similar setup to Nanoha, you're going to need to make him an S-rank just for the sake of power believeability.
Kiritsugu's a thirty-odd year old veteran who's old friends with Lindy and the rest of the Harlaown family. I think I can pull off a believable S-rank with that kind of timespan to work with.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-05-25 at 20:38.
Old 2008-05-25, 20:45   Link #293
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Question for the haxxbusters.

I'm rethinking Kiritsugu's design and at the moment he's basically turning into an S-rank version of Teana sans illusions. However, for one of his device's modes I'm considering putting in a nerfed version of the Blaster System. The idea is that instead of boosting his beamspam capabilities (something Kiritsugu doesn't use except under special circumstances), only the bits are used in order to enhance his ability to lay down covering fire and attack an enemy from multiple angles. These are controlled by 'sugu's device and only place a moderate strain on his Linker Core, about as much as the average Full Drive form. Thoughts/Opinions/Flames?
Well as long as the covering fire that the bits put out aren't ridiculous walls of spam I don't see any major problems with it.
Quote:
The only evidence we have (or I have, anyways, you guys can probably come up with something) that the Full Drive places any strain on the mage is RH's Excelion form. Zamber, Exceed, Gear Excelion, Dagger Form (If you can call it an FD form), Bogenform, none of these seem to place any strain on the mage, or at least not to the point where they can't just grin and bear it.
*shrug* I doubt that they would have mentioned it in the series if it wasn't an issue. That said though, this really only applies for Fate and Nanoha since they're the only ones with a 'fulldrive', Actually maybe subaru as well.
Quote:
Kiritsugu's a thirty-odd year old veteran who's old friends with Lindy and the rest of the Harlaown family. I think I can pull off a believable S-rank with that kind of timespan to work with.
And here I was going to hit my own characters with the nerfbat who are currently around the same age/experience. Although that's more becuase I've got a handful of them

Go ahead with it and give us the profile already.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 22:48   Link #294
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

Send a message via MSN to illidan182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
*shrug* I doubt that they would have mentioned it in the series if it wasn't an issue. That said though, this really only applies for Fate and Nanoha since they're the only ones with a 'fulldrive', Actually maybe subaru as well.
Zest uses a Full Drive in the anime. In the fight between him and Vita, which takes her out fully Unison'd with Rein and Giant Form Graf Eisen in one hit. Afterwards it caused him a great deal of damage, which Agito was shocked because it shortend his life more.

Quote from Episode
Zest:"I'll take her out in one hit with my Full Drive."
Agito:"You're kidding, right?! If you use the Full Drive, your body will...!"
Zest:"I won't go down. Not untill we finish what we must do."

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Life is a thing most of us take for granted. Until we lose someone that we charish, are we forced to realize that things will never always be the same.
illidan182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 01:21   Link #295
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Ho-kay, here's the first part of Kiritsugu's complete bio, consisting of his basic statistics and his history. I think this checks out pretty well as far as the timeframe is concerned, but the only way to know for sure is to run it by you guys.

A note for any present Star Wars buffs: the Zetrandi Corporate Alliance is an Expy of the Corporate Sector, and has the same lack of respect for civil rights that CorSec does. Everyone who isn't familiar with CorSec, just think of it as American capitalism gone horribly horribly wrong.

Spoiler for Kiritsugu's history and basic statistics:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-26, 02:34   Link #296
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
EDIT: Keroko, what server are you on?
Hellscream EU.

Quote:
So let me get this straight... you already imported Keroko into the Macrossverse?

Quote:
Yeah Trapping is much more complicated than Seduce or Sheep.

Spoiler for hunter rant:
Right. I'll try to learn.

Still, its easier then playing a Pally, where people expect you to tank, heal, DPS and keep yourself alive, all from the start and no questions asked.

Quote:
I cii what you did thar.

Quote:
Don't step on your own for a start.
Actually, I can dance on my own traps and not have them triggered.

Quote:
Yeah that would be nice I've never been that huge of a clan/guild type guy either the total inability to do higher level stuff without finding a clan and wasting hours building up for huge raids was a turn off for me to be sure. Course I'm just not a huge MMORPG player to begin with so frankly any game that overly carters to the truly hardcore gets serious deductions from me.
And to think that one of the main complaints of hardcore MMO players is that WoW caters too much to the casual...

Quote:
Trusted Lieutenant: As you commanded the bugs planted in our navigation and and communications systems are being feild false coordinates and misinformation respectively.

Evil Overload TK: Honestly I almost find it insulting that these fools would think I have so little control over my own ship that I acutally failed to detect these devices and didn't simply let them remain at my own leisure. I trust the surveillance of the "undercover" agents responsible for planting all this nonsense is continuing as planned?

Trusted Lieutenant: Of course my lord.
Tesla: *while listening* And I find it rather insulting that you would think I would not expect this. Though the undercover agents were a nice warning, I'll have to thank him when we capture him.

Quote:
*TK inadvertently crushes the soda can in his head as a vein pops out of his forehead*
As someone that tends to prefer ranged combat TK HAAATES trips and slow spells.
I love them as much as I hate them, and so should you. They make kiting so much easier.

Quote:
We'll see as I said a Kai/Keroko pairing is unlikely IMO. I take suggestions, but ultimately my crack is still my crack and I shall do as I please for the most part.
You do realize that we want to read this crack, and that we wont stop poking you for it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I would tend to disagree with your statements on moderate strain from full drive, but that will be left for later when i get back from work, i'm getting late as is. At any rate if you want him to have a similar setup to Nanoha, you're going to need to make him an S-rank just for the sake of power believeability.
Pfwe, even Caro was using Full Drive at the end, and she suffered no visible damage whatsoever from is usage.

Quote:
The hit went off without a hitch; the infiltration went undetected, the kill was confirmed and the Book of Darkness was recovered (though no sign was ever seen of the Wolkenritter during the course of the mission). Then came the extraction… and all hell broke loose when one of the target’s personal servants stumbled upon the scene as the team was preparing to leave. Her scream brought guards running and set the entire complex on maximum alert.
So the Yami no Sho was inactive? Also, form the way you're wording it is sounds as if the TSAB managed to aquire the Yami no Sho years before the Clyde incident. Or am I reading it wrong?

Quote:
It would take several years of heated investigation, but Kiritsugu would eventually learn that the Forerunner had received the order to stall its’ approach directly from Gil Graham. His motives for doing so remain unknown to this day.
I though, am quite curious as to Graham's motives.

Quote:
As an Enforcer, Kiritsugu racked up a tremendous list of kills and arrests, eventually becoming one of the single most successful Enforcers in the bureau’s entire history. His rise to fame within the bureau coincided roughly with the enlistment of the Ace Trio into the TSAB, and thus he is sometimes referred to by his peers as “The First Ace”. For a variety of reasons,
Reasons being? The title of 'Ace' did not begin with the Nanoha cast, after all.

Quote:
however, his superiors have done their very best to keep him out of the eyes of the media. Not the least of these reasons is his routine challenging of the ban on mass-based weapons and the logic behind it, even going so far as to design his intelligent device’s forms around the weapons he had used as a child in the resistance.
To be frank, as long as they're magical devices, the bureau doesn't care. Look at Teana, or Vice.

Quote:
For his part, Kiritsugu is on good terms with the Aces, particularly Fate, who he knows through Lindy and the rest of the Harlaown family. It is rumored among his coworkers that he has a crush on Hayate Yagami, but Kiritsugu denies this intensely, stating that she’s much too young for him.
How deliciously ironic that Kiritsugu's image serves as Aurion's apearance.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-26 at 03:01.
Old 2008-05-26, 02:48   Link #297
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

How deliciously ironic that Kiritsugu's image serves as Aurion's apearance.
I would have liked Comar to give his mage killer another name than one taken straight from another franchise, and tweak it around to give its own identity. It's hard to tell the line between original creation or just plain port.

PS: Two hours of Touhou Hisouten, Peach Dragon Loli as Final Boss is MADNESS!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 04:35   Link #298
Aaron008R

I'm back.

Ehh. So this is what I get for staying away for one week. My still-to-be updated works becoming no longer accessible. Sigh... Reincoding time.=/ And I guess I'll be working on the backlog during Friday or Saturday.

Anyway... Hello, everyone. I guess you could say I'm back. Though I'm gonna be less active for a while since I'm at my thrid and presumably final year in college. (Trimestral System) I'll be putting some extra effort in this time to make my parents' investment's work well in my education after all.

So I see it's goodbye OC Eins.

*sob*

I was never able to give her a proper goodbye... T_T

In any case, I guess that's life. Plenty of work to come, but I don't mind.:3 To make up for my lesser activity. I'll try to make up the quantity with quality. And not just any type of quality. It's the quality known as:

OC-QUALITY!!!!

A new start and a new beginning...

Then might as well say it. once again, fellow Cadians inhabiting our lovely new Outer Cadia Zwei... Yoroshiku. I'll be looking forward to an entire world of creativity and enjoyment with you and the soon to be new members again. Let's make this thread another big success like her Onee-chan!

Dewa!

~~~

~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

After filling the 24,480 (or 12,240) pages of the Lost Logia called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Character Creation and Discussion Thread, or more affectionately known as Outer Cadia...

The time for her, Outer Cadia Eins to take her well-deserved rest.

Now, with Outer Cadia Zwei with us, we will continue to carry on the future for her and everyones sake!

GO FORTH AND PROSPER, OUTER CADIA ZWEI AND OUTER CADIANS NEW AND OLD!!!

Spoiler for Commemorative Pic:

OC1 was fun and meaningful. And let's make the same apply here!

CHEERS!!!

FOR THE REBIRTH OF
OUTER CADIA!!!!!

And of course, progress report.

GenerationS is coming along. Chapter three might get quite longer than the past two chapters or might get split up into two with developments first and action later. 6,000 or so words in there right now.

So... Back to work for me. But I'll be back later on several instances. once again, Yoroshiku, minna!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 04:38   Link #299
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Welcome back Aaron, I was wondering how you'd respond to the quick death and reincarnation of the OC-thread.
Old 2008-05-26, 04:43   Link #300
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Welcome back Aaron, I was wondering how you'd respond to the quick death and reincarnation of the OC-thread.
From IRC, there were:

@_@

@_____________@

@_________________________________@
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content