AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 13:30   Link #1441
arcticphoenix16

Despite what the haters say, Aya can sing well, live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IXNZX7J9XU

Uhh I meant sing well while jumping and running around. I swear watching her live is like some kind of happiness drug.
Old 2010-04-12, 15:04   Link #1442
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16 View Post
Despite what the haters say, Aya can sing well, live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IXNZX7J9XU

Uhh I meant sing well while jumping and running around. I swear watching her live is like some kind of happiness drug.
Wow, that's really good. And I just watched her perform in Lucky Star in Budokan.

Then again, she was using her Konata voice there, which is somewhat screeching.
Old 2010-04-12, 21:46   Link #1443
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
That girl has so much energy onstage..
Old 2010-04-13, 04:59   Link #1444
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
That girl has so much energy onstage..
Yea from the Haruhi, and Lucky Star concerts I've seen parts of makes wonder where does she get all of it and manage to do that while singing well.

Edit: Also I agree she can sing pretty well live.
MAL
Old 2010-04-13, 10:21   Link #1445
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

This isn't a 'Aya Love' thread so I'm not gonna go too much into it, but she's really a bundle of energy onstage and off. If you have seen her backstage during Lucky Star Live in Budokan, and on other media such as 'Aya TV', it's apparent that she tries her hardest to bring that energy to the viewers and fans, always smiling.

Sorry, Aya-fanboy here

On another note, I don't think I can defend Yuko Goto as well as I defend Aya, sadly
Old 2010-04-13, 16:13   Link #1446
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

If we're talking about singing, I think Goto sucks isn't my forte.
Old 2010-04-14, 01:48   Link #1447
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The soundtrack for this movie is actually pretty damn good if a bit understated and lacking in a real standout track or variety....kind of like the FFXII of anime soundtracks. It's just a shame that it doesn't feel like it was meant to be at all in line with the tone of the movie. If I listened to this without knowing what feature it was attached to one of the last things that would come to mind is Haruhi. Come to think of it the music was like this quite a bit in the second season, but I don't remember it being so orchestral in first season. Makes me think Kyoto Animation is trying to turn Haruhi into their serious respectable flagship franchise, but I'm not sure it's working.

One other funny thing is I don't remember a lot of it from the movie which was just last night. Thinking maybe there are a lot of unused tracks or at least underutilized ones.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-04-14 at 05:09.
Old 2010-04-14, 09:02   Link #1448
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
If we're talking about singing, I think Goto sucks isn't my forte.
Yup I'm talking about singing. She has an awesome moe moe blob voice, but her singing... Let's just say the 'Live' version of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu at Gekisou pretty much ruined my ideal of Mikuru's singing. I haven't listened much to her character albums ever since. Heck, I listen to Tsuruya-san more than I do to Mikuru.
Old 2010-04-14, 10:00   Link #1449
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Heck, I listen to Tsuruya-san more than I do to Mikuru.
lol. i listen to kyon's more than both of them. ^^

Quote:
Let's just say the 'Live' version of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu at Gekisou pretty much ruined my ideal of Mikuru's singing.
weird though. i remember someone mentioning that she did that on purpose. you know, like, backing the belief that mikuru is a terrible singer (since she was acting as mikuru and not yuko goto).
Old 2010-04-14, 10:40   Link #1450
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
i remember someone mentioning that she did that on purpose. you know, like, backing the belief that mikuru is a terrible singer (since she was acting as mikuru and not yuko goto).
I haven't mentioned this, but I've always had this impression as well. Besides, most Seiyu are excellent singers given all the vocal training needed to actually becoming one (this is also the reason why it's practically required to make character image songs).
Old 2010-04-14, 11:08   Link #1451
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Haruhi's the one for me. Well, maybe because she has more songs...

Quote:
weird though. i remember someone mentioning that she did that on purpose. you know, like, backing the belief that mikuru is a terrible singer (since she was acting as mikuru and not yuko goto).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I haven't mentioned this, but I've always had this impression as well. Besides, most Seiyu are excellent singers given all the vocal training needed to actually becoming one (this is also the reason why it's practically required to make character image songs).
Thing is, I could enjoy the recorded version just fine, but seeing it performed Live kinda ruined the image in my mind. Actually, I think the fans in the audience were stunned too, given their silent reception of the song

True, character image songs will require a certain level of singing ability from the seiyuus, but nobody's gonna listen to Sugita (Kyon's seiyuu) and say that he's a great singer. In fact, what makes Kyon's character songs so good to listen to is his unconventional style of singing (screaming randomly and all, lol). They're trained to portray characters well, not sing well. While both require a good voice, these skill sets don't necessarily translate into the other.
Old 2010-04-14, 12:32   Link #1452
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Haruhi's the one for me. Well, maybe because she has more songs...
i just said i listen to kyon's more than tsuruya and mikuru's. of course, i listen to haruhi's the most. i'm a loyal haruhi fan. i even listen to aya's songs because she still sounds like haruhi (but i think it's also because i'm an avid aya fan (though i did became an aya fan because of haruhi)) ^^

Quote:
True, character image songs will require a certain level of singing ability from the seiyuus, but nobody's gonna listen to Sugita (Kyon's seiyuu) and say that he's a great singer. In fact, what makes Kyon's character songs so good to listen to is his unconventional style of singing (screaming randomly and all, lol). They're trained to portray characters well, not sing well. While both require a good voice, these skill sets don't necessarily translate into the other.
though i agree with sugita being like that, i'm not too sure of yuko goto. have you ever listened to her other songs (from other animes)? they were fine. (not too sure of live. has she ever sung anything else live?)

P.S. the reason people like kyon's singing is basically: he sucks. we all love him. ^^
Old 2010-04-14, 15:28   Link #1453
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Yeah, but none of them have Minorin's talent. That girl's got one hell of a voice on her... ^_^
Old 2010-04-14, 17:49   Link #1454
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yeah, but none of them have Minorin's talent. That girl's got one hell of a voice on her... ^_^
Minori's voice is wonderful, you gotta admit that. I think she goes better with faster songs (Like Yuki, Muon Madobe Nite, under Mebius and Ai to Knife) rather than slower ones (Tsuuka Chiten no Musica and Yasashii Boukyaku). Don't get me wrong, I think she sings great with the slower beats, but I think It just sounds better with a faster tempo...
Aya, please stay away from slow ones too, please.
You too, Goto. I'm watching you guys
Old 2010-04-14, 20:31   Link #1455
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

*hands Amy a paintball gun and some pellets*

Okay, hit em with these and you can track em.

(Has been getting too much Monster Hunter hype)

If only they could do like a remix of Hare Hare Yukai. lol.
Old 2010-04-14, 20:34   Link #1456
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
If only they could do like a remix of Hare Hare Yukai. lol.
Too late

Track 10 is what you're looking for. This was released summer of last year.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-04-14, 20:40   Link #1457
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

HOW COME I WAS NOT INFORMED OF THIS

Oh wait, that would've been before I got into Haruhi, lol.

Probably explains why.
Old 2010-04-14, 21:46   Link #1458
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Finally found Kaze Yomi Ribbon English lyrics...
Spoiler for Kaze Yomi Ribbon English Lyrics:
Old 2010-04-15, 11:35   Link #1459
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
i just said i listen to kyon's more than tsuruya and mikuru's. of course, i listen to haruhi's the most. i'm a loyal haruhi fan. i even listen to aya's songs because she still sounds like haruhi (but i think it's also because i'm an avid aya fan (though i did became an aya fan because of haruhi)) ^^
A fellow Aya fan! Awesome

For me, the top 3 I listen to are Haruhi, Yuki and Koizumi. Daisuke Ono's (Koizumi's seiyuu) vocals are just irresistibly smooth... And who doesn't like Closed Space, seriously?

Quote:
though i agree with sugita being like that, i'm not too sure of yuko goto. have you ever listened to her other songs (from other animes)? they were fine. (not too sure of live. has she ever sung anything else live?)

P.S. the reason people like kyon's singing is basically: he sucks. we all love him. ^^
I heard about Yuko Goto being fine in other anime songs, but that's my point; she's fine in anime songs, but Live singing kills the mood. Not sure about her other works Live, Gekisou was enough to deter me away

Quote:
Minori's voice is wonderful, you gotta admit that. I think she goes better with faster songs (Like Yuki, Muon Madobe Nite, under Mebius and Ai to Knife) rather than slower ones (Tsuuka Chiten no Musica and Yasashii Boukyaku). Don't get me wrong, I think she sings great with the slower beats, but I think It just sounds better with a faster tempo...
Aya, please stay away from slow ones too, please.
You too, Goto. I'm watching you guys
Minorin's the best singer in the entire Haruhi cast, no questions about that. Heck, her voice's amazing enough to be considered one of the best in the seiyuu industry (a bold claim, but I'll stand by that). And I don't think Aya has a slow song in the Haruhi series, yes? Which is just about right for her vocals
Old 2010-04-15, 11:38   Link #1460
s07195
However,

Quote:
Quote:
Kyon's random shouting tsukkomi FTW!!!!!!