AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-27, 13:09   Link #821
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
How close are they going to cut it? If Hibito walk towards the rover, it should take less than 20 minutes for them to meet right?
I'm reminded of the scene in Galaxy Quest, where they manage to stop the thingamajig-of-doom with several seconds to go, but it runs all the way down to one second anyway, because it always has to run down to one second.

There's a scene in Planetes that also occurs to me, where Tanabe does run out of air a few minutes before help arrives, and she has to go through rehab for the effects of oxygen starvation.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 15:33   Link #822
Kirarakim

Seems to be confirmation that the series is going to be longer than 48 episodes

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/....php?t=1535871
Old 2013-01-30, 16:19   Link #823
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

Also a much better time slot, moving from Sunday mornings to Saturday afternoon right before Detective Conan (which should mean the simulcast comes out at a much more convenient time than 11:00 Saturday night).
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 16:20   Link #824
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:

The new timeslot that starts on April 6th and it is a great timeslot. The ANN article notes that it would air before Detective Conan. Would love to see this show routinely get 5 to 7% ratings.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 17:04   Link #825
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Brilliant news. I'm delighted to see this series doing so well. It deserves it.
Old 2013-01-30, 19:41   Link #826
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Fantastic because... well at the current rate of the series it's virtually impossible to see Mutta in space by episode 48.

On to more real time events, 3 more days before we see Hibito's ultimate fate...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 09:20   Link #827
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Just picked this one up because I've heard good things about it. Awesome story. I haven't seen an anime with adult characters like this in a long time. To be honest, I'm not sure if I've ever seen one like this. The atmosphere is light but inspiring and the comedy is great. I can't remember the last time anime really got me to chuckle out loud, but this series has done it several times already and I'm only one episode 6. That's quite something, anyways. I also really like the dynamic between the brothers, as I have a brother who is also one of my best friends, kind of like Mutta and Hibito. I'll return to this thread once I catch up... By the way, I'm just getting back into anime after a long hiatus and having the Funi and Crunchyroll sites is really great compared to the old days of downloading shows. I feel more apt to try out a series this way and I don't need to download a whole bunch of stuff to my desktop to do it.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2013-02-01 at 09:32.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 01:10   Link #828
mpt37

Spoiler for ep. 43:
Old 2013-02-03, 01:18   Link #829
monir
cho~ kakkoii

My faith in this show is totally justified even though it moves at a snail's pace at times. The last few episodes has been nail bitingly exciting. Yes!!!!

Spoiler for episode 43:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 02:07   Link #830
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep43:
Old 2013-02-03, 03:32   Link #831
cyth
Banned

Spoiler:
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:36   Link #832
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Spoiler:
This. It felt incredibly cheap and I was disappointed when the episode ended. Shame cause I loved how they were doing this arc...
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 05:01   Link #833
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

kinda hoping that Hibito would die

but this outcome is not that bad as well
Old 2013-02-03, 06:10   Link #834
Jehuty

What pissed me off about this episode was that

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-03, 07:00   Link #835
ookamigirl

So they showed us some stuff about Hibito from the past.
The process of learning and training.
Finding Brian on the moon was nice.
Everyone was desperate as the last few minutes of air were running out.
It was lucky that air generator showed up in the last moment.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 09:14   Link #836
Kirarakim

I don;t know how these things work but I was also confused how Hibito was able to walk like that. They could have done it two other ways

*Have Brian come right up to him
* Or have Brian come before he collapsed which would have made it more believable.

Another thing about this arc I disliked was Mutta knowing where Hibito would go. I guess that was supposed to show that Mutta knows his brother which is fine, except Hibito only went there because of Damien's condition. It was a special circumstance and I don't think Hibito would have went there otherwise, hence how is that really showing Mutta knows his brother? I don't think they were trying to say Mutta was a mind reader.

But other than that this was definitely one of the strongest arcs of the series, so I can't complain too much.

edit: I think what the series was trying to do with the Hibito loses oxygen scene was not just to make it more dramatic but to show us how scary that really is. I think they wanted to show us the effects of that regardless of Hibito surviving (and I am glad he survived). I just think it could have been done better.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-02-03 at 11:11.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:03   Link #837
cyth
Banned

Quote:
I think what the series was trying to do with the Hibito loses oxygen scene was not just to make it more dramatic but to show us how scary that really is. I think they wanted to show us the effects of that regardless of Hibito surviving (and I am glad he survived). I just think it could have been done better.
I agree. Rocket's escape travel time, the razor-sharp regolith, impaired vision caused by lack of atmosphere, Brian's deadly crash, ... In this case though, they were just a bit overeager to demonstrate yet another effect space has on a human being. Basically, they included these explanations because they wanted some factual accuracy, but this time it completely fell on its face.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:45   Link #838
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was done so masterfully well I can easily overlook the inaccuracies. Hibito suffocating and Brian's dramatic arrival were both incredible scenes, with the latter being very emotional (totally had a lump in my throat). There's just something about this show that greatly appeals to me. It's full of heart.
Old 2013-02-03, 11:09   Link #839
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The reveal that Eddie and Brian shared a very similar relationship as Hibito and Mutta do, even when tragedy struck, really put an exclamation point on the life and death struggle that Hibito had barely just been able to pull through.

Now it just comes to when, not if, Hibito and Mutta will be able to fulfill for themselves the same promise Eddie and Brian could not.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 12:25   Link #840
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I knew Hibito would wind up surviving somehow But yeah, it kinda felt like cheap drama for drama's sake.

So glad this series is staying around for quite some time. It's not often that anime series can actually make cry and smile like this series has.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen