AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-26, 20:57   Link #5881
breno.m.fis

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
Thanks a lot. I tend to forget some things because i read other stuff too. I read some other novels, and read manga like crazy, maybe even more.

How do you know where is what in the novel, you must have amazing memory, or is there some kind of trick that helps you remember?

You're welcome, I am glad to help. I also forget a lot of things and have to reread to make sure. Find this section in particular was not so amazing, I knew that part was going on the volume that Ena appeared, then only left to look the name of the chapter in the index.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 21:23   Link #5882
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
You're welcome, I am glad to help. I also forget a lot of things and have to reread to make sure. Find this section in particular was not so amazing, I knew that part was going on the volume that Ena appeared, then only left to look the name of the chapter in the index.
I don't have time to be rereading, i'm either reading novels and manga, or watching anime (rarely). I only reread funny or interesting parts like volume 8 chapter 2 or something like that. Since you're into supernatural kind Kaze no Stigma is a good novel, thought i don't read it because author died and it's not completed. It's anime is epic (currently re watching it).
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 03:42   Link #5883
erdii

Quote:
P.P.S. For those who like DxD, Campione and SAO i recomend they read novel Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, it's epic. BTW Reki Kiwahara, author of SAO, praised this novel.
well ı agree you it is epic but it hard to read. the explanation given so scientific that ı feel like ı can use magic i ı did wat is written, yet ı didn't fully understand how magic used
Old 2013-01-27, 03:53   Link #5884
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
P.P.S. For those who like DxD, Campione and SAO i recomend they read novel Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, it's epic. BTW Reki Kiwahara, author of SAO, praised this novel.
Campione purist forever! Ok well, there are only a few other novels that I follow due to my time restraint from school and such but Campione is the only series that instilled the desire to translate. I dont like Rettousei at all to be honest but that's just me. Also if anything, I would think Blade Dance is the closest to Campione from what novels are translated in english so far.

Btw, another section is up.

Last edited by TJP1600; 2013-01-27 at 05:06.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:54   Link #5885
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Campione purist forever! Ok well, there are only a few other novels that I follow due to my time restraint from school and such but Campione is the only series that instilled the desire to translate. I dont like Rettousei at all to be honest but that's just me. Also if anything, I would think Blade Dance is the closest to Campione from what novels are translated in english so far.

Btw, other section is up.
I know what you mean. Thought Campione isn't my favorite novel, it's my second favorite, after MKnR. I also started reading Seirei no Tsukai no Kenbu, but stopped after reading first volume and first chapter of second volume, it has gotten a bit boorish. It seems you're reading it, so can i ask you, after second volume does it get interesting?
Old 2013-01-27, 05:11   Link #5886
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
I know what you mean. Thought Campione isn't my favorite novel, it's my second favorite, after MKnR. I also started reading Seirei no Tsukai no Kenbu, but stopped after reading first volume and first chapter of second volume, it has gotten a bit boorish. It seems you're reading it, so can i ask you, after second volume does it get interesting?
well i havent read much of it myself but the first few volumes are mainly for harem development (the gathering of the harem) so I guess I can understand someone getting bored of it. The plot does start picking up later on but overall I still feel like Blade Dance is an inferior Campione.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 06:40   Link #5887
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Campione is excellent light novel because the main story revolve at godou and his harem much like Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu with Kamito and his teammates.
What i like about these two LN are because there are not much character that we mush remember and the power of main character (Authorities for godou and sword technique for kamito). Can you remember all character at TAMNI? they are always related each other for each volume that I even confused when reading them.
These two LN also has mysterious final Boss (last king for campione and elemental lord??? for seirei tsukai).
MKnR seem like began to become like TAMNI. To much character to remember and they will appear at future volume.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 07:54   Link #5888
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Campione is excellent light novel because the main story revolve at godou and his harem much like Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu with Kamito and his teammates.
What i like about these two LN are because there are not much character that we mush remember and the power of main character (Authorities for godou and sword technique for kamito). Can you remember all character at TAMNI? they are always related each other for each volume that I even confused when reading them.
These two LN also has mysterious final Boss (last king for campione and elemental lord??? for seirei tsukai).
MKnR seem like began to become like TAMNI. To much character to remember and they will appear at future volume.
I don't know if MKnR has many characters, but even if it has i don't have trouble remembering them. Tatsuya, main character in MKnR, is also very powerful, one of the most powerful magicians in the world, has the power to sink islands or destroy smaller country. About TAMNI having too many character i wouldn't know because i haven't read it yet, i'm planning, but that will take immense amount of time, or summer break.

If anyone have read TAMNI, please tell me should i start reading it, or not.
Old 2013-01-27, 09:17   Link #5889
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I don't know if MKnR has many characters, but even if it has i don't have trouble remembering them. Tatsuya, main character in MKnR, is also very powerful, one of the most powerful magicians in the world, has the power to sink islands or destroy smaller country. About TAMNI having too many character i wouldn't know because i haven't read it yet, i'm planning, but that will take immense amount of time, or summer break.

Read it. Everyone complains about it for the same reason they complain about the Big Three: It's so damn good any small mistake is glaring.
Old 2013-01-27, 09:19   Link #5890
serbian otaku #1

Volume 13 got updated
Old 2013-01-27, 10:01   Link #5891
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Seeing as how you prefer Mahouka over Campione, I would assume that the long and winding expositions of Mahouka did not put you off? Well Index is more towards Mahouka's type of setting of a very detailed world run by a complex system rather than Campione or DxD which I deemed as more 'straight forward'. It is also considerably less fanservice driven.

However the type of story its trying to tell is very different from Mahouka- How about before starting on the Light Novel, you try out the Index Manga to see if it's to your liking?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-01-27 at 10:13.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 10:40   Link #5892
azziz

Quote:
Volume 13 got updated
thank you,Zzhk,and sorry for doubting you;i'm gald to see in spite of your infidelity(c3 and silver cross and dracula)you didn't forget your first love:Campione!
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 11:24   Link #5893
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Seeing as how you prefer Mahouka over Campione, I would assume that the long and winding expositions of Mahouka did not put you off? Well Index is more towards Mahouka's type of setting of a very detailed world run by a complex system rather than Campione or DxD which I deemed as more 'straight forward'. It is also considerably less fanservice driven.

However the type of story its trying to tell is very different from Mahouka- How about before starting on the Light Novel, you try out the Index Manga to see if it's to your liking?
I've only watched a bit of TAMNI's anime's first season. where does episode 50 end at in the Novels?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 13:17   Link #5894
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
I've only watched a bit of TAMNI's anime's first season. where does episode 50 end at in the Novels?
The last episode of the anime's second season ended at Volume 13, I believe.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 14:18   Link #5895
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The last episode of the anime's second season ended at Volume 13, I believe.
Oh I see, thank you.
Old 2013-01-27, 14:19   Link #5896
Athena
The Power of One

TAMnI is better than Mahouka in two aspects, IMO. First, Touma is much more equilibrated compared to Mahouka's MC because he's much more human. He isn't as overpowered. Secondly, the terminology and technical jargon is more vulgarized, which makes it easier to enjoy the action. It has a huge cast compared to Campione, but managed well with it.

Campione is, in my opinion, closer to the ol' Index (Not NT) than to Mahouka. But again, they are all different kind of stories. Mahouka is also good and I don't see why people would hate it.
Old 2013-01-27, 15:04   Link #5897
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
TAMnI is better than Mahouka in two aspects, IMO. First, Touma is much more equilibrated compared to Mahouka's MC because he's much more human. He isn't as overpowered. Secondly, the terminology and technical jargon is more vulgarized, which makes it easier to enjoy the action. It has a huge cast compared to Campione, but managed well with it.

Campione is, in my opinion, closer to the ol' Index (Not NT) than to Mahouka. But again, they are all different kind of stories. Mahouka is also good and I don't see why people would hate it.
I happen to love MkNR actually it's one of my favourite LNs. The only and main problems I have with it is the wall of text explanations in the middle of fights. I just can't be F**ed to read those anymore skimming past them is better. It's funny actually, since in alot of other stories people complain that the author never explains anything when it comes to the powers/locations/events etc. Second is remembering the names of all the characters outside of the main group(main group = primary male and female MCs and Co. like Erika and Leo). Too many new people/recurring characters/people that rarely show up. Others may not have this problem though. Others may hate the long explanations, the too many characters, the high-school setting, the Over Powered MC, you name it. "Different strokes for different folks" after all.
Old 2013-01-27, 15:12   Link #5898
Awrya
U mad?

Guys, wrong discussion in the thread.

Just read update Vol.13, surprised no Hime-Miko has noticed Godou yet, thought he'd make a big commotion.
Old 2013-01-27, 15:29   Link #5899
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Guys, wrong discussion in the thread.

Just read update Vol.13, surprised no Hime-Miko has noticed Godou yet, thought he'd make a big commotion.
True, we went off topic.

I thought that hime-mikos would swarm over Godou, since he's THE Campione, but nobody noticed him, still there's the after party, i can't wait

Actually i find it refreshing that there's explanation for the fights, even if there's a ton of text.
Old 2013-01-27, 16:15   Link #5900
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Spoiler for Passage from the after party:

Incoming fangirls horde , this is a bad time to cast [Youth]

Aren't Miko suppose to be the chaste serious type?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem