Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-24, 13:18   Link #1
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Now, this, one of the greatest work of philantropy needs our help to sustain their continous mission to be complete source of infomation in Internet, a constant and superb encyclopedia for all Netizens of the world to use. I appeal to all in this board, to look it up and feel generous to donate so they keep running.

The quality of their entry is astounding and detailed for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

This site, worthy of many praises like the Guttenberg Project, is our positive beacon of Internet.

This is Stormy001_M1A2 signing out.
Old 2004-09-24, 18:38   Link #2
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
I'm already on the case, writing wiki entries and also checking other people's.

In fact, a lot of what wikipedia needs isn't content, it just needs editing, proof-reading and cross-linking. Too many entries refer to another which, in turn, doesn't refer back to the original.

For anime, manga and anything else related from lolicon to tentacle rape, wikipedia's doing great. There are many series not yet covered, or with only very basic descriptions, so I'd encourage anime fans to work on these.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 06:38   Link #3
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
I'm already on the case, writing wiki entries and also checking other people's.

In fact, a lot of what wikipedia needs isn't content, it just needs editing, proof-reading and cross-linking. Too many entries refer to another which, in turn, doesn't refer back to the original.

For anime, manga and anything else related from lolicon to tentacle rape, wikipedia's doing great. There are many series not yet covered, or with only very basic descriptions, so I'd encourage anime fans to work on these.

SCC
More like to correct most definition which are unfortunatly totally wrong.
But you can't ask much to a crappy online dictionnary where anybody could write whatever they think the definition is.
Old 2004-09-26, 11:39   Link #4
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Hmpf.

Well, if you believe anything to be wrong then the option does exist for just about anyone to correct it and you can use the 'back' of each page as a discussion area explaining what you changed and why, should there be any points of contention (most of which Wikipedia is very clear about specifying anyway). Any mistakes made are easily rolled back on, too, as each page keeps a history of its changes.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote