AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 15:48   Link #241
Kirkie
Sig animator

Send a message via MSN to Kirkie
Wow this forum is allot more in depth then I would have expected. Interesting read even though I only read the last few pages. Im just goin to say this is my fav anime atm and well its just recaptures all that Tenchi muyo epicness that I saw as a kid.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 19:09   Link #242
Rodan

Just my opinion even though I don't understand the language

Spoiler for Raw 11 spoiler:
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 21:59   Link #243
Oberon

Had a chance to watch episode 11 now and it entertained me well, as usual. One thing I wish though, is that Isekai had a greater, more varied pool of BGM tracks to draw on, especially for battles, be it the "we're in trouble" or "the hero kicks ass" kind. I like all the tunes, but sometimes feel certain scenes could have had a greater impact with a different BGM track.

Spoiler for ep11:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 07:18   Link #244
Rodan

Oberon check this out

Spoiler for Info pulled from http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/:
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 15:40   Link #245
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Oberon check this out

Spoiler for Info pulled from http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/:
Interesting info indeed, though it doesn't seem to quite fit the stuff from ep11, at least from the bits of the history lesson that I understood. Though who knows what further plot twists and revelations we'll get thrown at us in the final episodes.

It's sad that this series didn't garner more community interest (Heh, I think I've said that before). Given the background setting and possibilities, this series had as much potential for discussions and speculation as, say, Darker than Black. Rich history, a plot with both foreshadowing and red herrings, various factions with initially undisclosed agendas, mystery characters, characters with personalities worth analyzing, surprise twists, it was all there, ready to be discussed to death. Now it's almost over and everyone who takes an interest in it can just watch everything in one go.
Old 2010-02-04, 01:12   Link #246
cloudmantle

10 is out now,
cloudmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 07:50   Link #247
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Wow, awesome Lashara x Kenshi there!!
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 04:37   Link #248
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Ep 13 where!!!!
It's suppose to be out....
Old 2010-03-20, 19:21   Link #249
Newhope

I've seen the raw for EP 13 pretty good all round and left it wide open for another series, the only thing that disappointed me about the series is no guest appearances from any of the main Tenchi cast other than that it's been one of the most enjoyable anime series i've watched in a number of years.

Spoiler for For EP 13:

Last edited by Newhope; 2010-03-20 at 20:40.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 21:39   Link #250
Oberon

Overall this series has been great fun for me. It had a bit of everything and did most of those things well. Of course there's stuff I could nitpick and that I think could have been done better, but Isekai has been one of the few series I truly enjoyed throughout and that didn't let my expectations down somewhere along the line, compared to some other series that aired during it's 1-year run. Your mileage may vary, but as a fan of those old series like Tenchi, El-Hazard, Dual or Photon, I was more than pleased with what I got.
Old 2010-03-20, 21:46   Link #251
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Yeah It's little disappointed for me, there is no cameo appearances from tenchi series
And as expected Nice Harem End
Old 2010-03-21, 18:34   Link #252
ThoHell

I love the Tenchi Muyo series and I really liked this series too! Looks forward to it every month... eagerly awaited for the release of each episode. Maybe my hopes and expectation for the last episode was a little too much; I felt very disappointed, or rather dissatisfied, with the final ending. Well, hopefully there will be some special later or more stuff related to Tenchi Muyo in the future....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 18:57   Link #253
Newhope

Kajishima said that if this series does well they may well do a forth Tenchi OVA series

I don't know I liked the ending I think it fitted the series well and left things open for another series, the only thing that disappointed me was no one like Ryoko or Tenchi turning up looking for Kenchi but that could be left for another series.
Old 2010-03-22, 09:29   Link #254
tsunade666

looking? I'm quite confused on episode 12 which much answer most question so I can't say much. But I hope tenchi shows up if their will be another series but heck the final episode leave me hanging on the tip of my sit. I didn't expect too much but I get too much I don't know about the others but the final battle is OKAY!!!! for me plus the final attack is epic. I wish too see another series and get to see him make those moves more yeh!
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 10:40   Link #255
Newhope

The last attack was a Light hawk wing if you noticed there was the same mark on Kenchi's forhead as Tenchi's when he used the Light hawk wings against Kagato.
Old 2010-03-22, 20:26   Link #256
slidingk1

I heard of a harem end but OMG an entire school's worth. Seems like every series the harem end gets bigger and bigger. Go kenshin maybe he should give up running and get caught might be interesting for him.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 05:53   Link #257
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
[...]the only thing that disappointed me was no one like Ryoko or Tenchi turning up looking for Kenchi but that could be left for another series.
The way I see it, as long Kajishima still has plans for Kenshi to do some heroics as the main character, he can't let the Tenchi Muyo cast join or even visit him. Most of the TM cast is on a different power scale than he is, probably more so since the last time we saw them at the end of OAV3, so whoever shows up would steal Kenshi's thunder, so to speak. What I could see happening though, would be to see some updates on what the Tenchi cast has been up to, in the form of some flashbacks Kenshi could have from his childhood.

Furthermore, from an In-Story POV there's still the question whether any of the old cast would want to visit Kenshi in the first place. Going by the "observers" at the beginning and the end of the story, it seems Kenshi was stranded on Geminar intentionally to have him develop on his own in some way, so a visit from big bro or his aunties might be counter-effective to that goal.

Anyways, I really hope we'll get some sequel or bonus episodes for Isekai no Seikishi. This new setting has been tons of fun and I think there's still some good stories left to tell and ancient secrets left to uncover on that world. Not to mention that the ending left sufficient plot hooks to have a continuation fit seamlessly.
Old 2010-03-23, 07:07   Link #258
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Man the part where kenshi is hypinose to massaging all the girls was good but the one with Marie mother question on what part she was massaging
Old 2010-03-23, 22:17   Link #259
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Ahhh, is someone still subbing these?
Old 2010-03-24, 04:31   Link #260
Jarmel

Yea that's my question as well. It seems it just fell off the face of the earth.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote