AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 02:47   Link #81
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Is it even possible to make a distinctly female mecha?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 03:03   Link #82
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I think there are a couple of examples in Virtua-on where some of the mecha have a distinctive feminine feel to their designs.

Also you can point to the female piloted gundams in Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny especially Lacus Cline's gundam.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 03:12   Link #83
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
uh guys, what is wrong with the mecha design? i didn't have any problems with it
i like the fencer/ swordsman themed look of the mech
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 09:51   Link #84
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Yes, breast missile .
Old 2010-07-13, 12:55   Link #85
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well I actually like the designs. They have a bit of a distinct feel to them....even if the one shown kid of looks like a more mechanized version of Pilnus from Gaogaigar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
RahXephon show and design are way better than anything mecha related Sunrise have put out since Bones formed.
Are we talking TV or OVA here when we're doing the whole Sunrise sucks without Bones thing again (even though they work in collaboration with each other far more often than would be expected of two seperate and distinct studios)? On the TV side I would agree that Bones has more in the way of what might be called prestige titles in this decade (since Sunrise has decided to shift their TV branches target audience age more towards children and females....possibly towards trying to include every willing person around the world even) but Sunrise's OVA's (the ones nobody seems to ever watch for some reason) have been very much in the style of their old shows.

Although I think it can be fairly argued that Bones is following Sunrise's policy for TV series a bit these days too with shows like Heroman and FMA:Brotherhood. What with Heroman coming off as targeted at a younger more internationally inclusive audience and the continued pursuit of safe successful franchises like FMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I think there are a couple of examples in Virtua-on where some of the mecha have a distinctive feminine feel to their designs.

Also you can point to the female piloted gundams in Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny especially Lacus Cline's gundam.
How is everybody forgetting this?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-07-13 at 13:09.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:12   Link #86
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I find it funny that there's so much backlash for the "female" mecha design, but nobody says anything about the dude wearing the girly shirt, way too tight jeans, and has his belly button showing? Bleh. It's a fitting mecha for that guy, if you ask me.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 03:20   Link #87
_gallo_

Ermmm... dunno, these scans do not look really inspiring. I dunno, to me there's no costincency between art design, mecha, and chara design, hence the impression I get is of something a bit generic. But we'll see.

Another thing that puzzled me was that 'scoop triangle' thing with the blue hair guy... I don't want another MacrossF :/

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy

Last edited by _gallo_; 2010-07-15 at 05:05.
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 04:49   Link #88
ZODDGUTS

I agree the character designs look generic.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 05:00   Link #89
Nosauz

I dunno, as long as the characters are interesting and nothing like Heroman I'll be fine. The added simplicity is a plus from me, because I felt the one thing that Xam'd failed at was character development, the characters were not endearing and hopefully that simplicity will bring some of what I seek in this show.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 00:39   Link #90
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post

/
Yikes, looks like you can lose a finger on those collars. Apparently over-starched clothes is all the rage in Star Driver Land.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 00:11   Link #91
Jarmel

Why is my first reaction of Sonic the Hedgehog when I saw those images? We have Knuckles, Sonic, and Tails all in that image.

Honestly I could care less about the designs(which aren't really that great) if the plot is fantastic and shows some good writing.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 21:16   Link #92
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Why is my first reaction of Sonic the Hedgehog when I saw those images? We have Knuckles, Sonic, and Tails all in that image.

Honestly I could care less about the designs(which aren't really that great) if the plot is fantastic and shows some good writing.

Spoiler for I could care less image:

But seriously though disappointed with the character designs but who knows they may look to in motion...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 20:26   Link #93
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Newtype's out. I'll transcribe the full cast list shortly (lots and lots of yummy BONES regulars), but the series is confirmed to be taking Sengoku Basara 2's slot on 10th Oct.

Edit: Cast list:

Tsunashi Takuto - Mamoru Miyano
Agemaki Wako - Saori Hayami
Shindou Sugata - Jun Fukuyama
Watanabe Kanako - Ayano Niina
Shimoonu Aragon - Ayana Taketatsu
Nichi Keito - Ami Koshimizu
Shinada Benio - Chiemi Chiba
Endou Sarina - Maaya Sakamoto
Honda Jyooji - Shun Takagi
Gouda Tetsuya - Ooki Sugiyama

Last edited by duckroll; 2010-08-05 at 20:56.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 23:08   Link #94
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Newtype's out. I'll transcribe the full cast list shortly (lots and lots of yummy BONES regulars), but the series is confirmed to be taking Sengoku Basara 2's slot on 10th Oct.

cue "i am Gundam" & "just as planned" jokes
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 12:19   Link #95
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:

Aside from Koshimizu and Sakamoto, the main heroine's acting history is quite weak
Old 2010-08-07, 08:27   Link #96
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Super robot anime confirmed.....

Spoiler for characters:

Spoiler for mecha:
Old 2010-08-07, 08:41   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^For some reason the characters spoiler isn't working for me.

But i'm loving those mechs, and that's a high quality voice cast we have there.
Old 2010-08-07, 08:48   Link #98
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://i36.tinypic.com/5zfvpi.jpg

Does this link work?
Old 2010-08-07, 08:51   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah it does, thanks.

Wow, i thought i was looking at new Utena designs for a second there.
Old 2010-08-07, 09:36   Link #100
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It looks like a bunch of their schoolmates are actually members of the bad guys:

Watanabe Kanako = President
Shimoonu Aragon = Secretary
Nichi Keito = Ivrogne
Shinada Benio = Scarlet Kiss
Honda Jyooji = Raging Bull
Gouda Tetsuya = Speed Kid

The bad guys are the Kira Hoshi Juujidan (Holy Order of the Glittering Stars?). They're a masked group of villains who have unlocked one of the seals on the Southern Cross Island. To unlock the remaining seal, they attempt to capture the "shrine maiden" who they have identified as Agemaki Wako, the heroine. When they attempted to kidnap her, they were stopped by the Cybuddy Taubaan, driven by Tsunashi Takuto, who declares himself the Ginga Bishounen.

The island is where the characters live, and they attend a school there. Under the island are a bunch of ancient ruins where the Cybuddies (the mechs) are first discovered. About 20 of them were unearthed from the ruins, with the main mech being one of them. The pilots of Cybuddies are called Star Drivers, and they are piloted by humans forming a connection with them via a process called apprivoiser (man they love french in this show).

It also seems that there's a drama club in the school called Midnight Flight, and both Wako and Sugata are members of the club. The president of the club is Sarina.

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen