AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 20:38   Link #181
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Another thing...why is this anime starting so late? Is it going to be eight episodes like BRS was.
Given that some of the girls have commitments to meet, some of their after-recording sessions had to be scheduled without overlapping with other activities, hence it's a matter of time management.

I believe that six to twelve hours per day is the typical time consumed for afureko sessions in the studio.

Furthermore, with a very large production budget coming from a very important customer, they have to work extensively on the show's first 12 episodes, with genga dirty work, motion-capture and 3DCG, tests and revisions, and possibly the songs and music that would be included... which means they don't want to mess this one up.

--------------
Watched Aquarion EVOL and first two episodes were great and entertaining. If its quality is an indication, then I'll be expecting this new show to equal or maybe even top EVOL.

--------------
It dawned upon me as to why the senbatsu had succession numbers.
Quote:
The video has now made clear what it means by "襲名" (name succession). It seems Kawamori again made use of kabuki element this time -- In Kabuki (and other classic Japanese performing arts) a performer takes his stage name from his master/mentor and becomes "such-and-such the n-th". The video showed "Atsuko Maeda the 13th", "Mayu Watanabe the 3rd" and "Yuki Kashiwagi the 6th" etc
In other words, it means that in this universe, it's possible that their predecessors have either been caught, disappeared or, worse, killed while trying to defy the authorities.

Suddenly it turns out their situation is very grim.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-31 at 00:27.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 12:24   Link #182
Katapan
俺様祭り

Lol, tidbits reported from the ACE AKB0048 corner (I'd watch it but region lock...):

Spoiler:

Again, approximate translation, do correct me if you can tell I'm wrong and don't blame me if anything ambiguous starts a storm, etc. Surely I don't sound traumatized from a previous experience.

- They wanted to remove Okada Mari from the AKB0048 staff because the production is running late on Aquarion EVOL, and she got really mad. But it sounds like they gave her the AKB0048 job after making the promise that EVOL wouldn't be running late... and it is. Oh man.
- Sounds like she's been struggling to manage to find a way to make 9 songstresses shine as opposed to 1-2 in a series like Macross.
- Kawamori wanted to get all the AKB48 members to get seiyuu gigs here, but the plan fell through.

Last edited by Katapan; 2012-04-01 at 12:40.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 12:41   Link #183
sa547
*Author

^
Looks like it's going to be a real hard job for her with a headache, I mean for her it's completely unprecedented, but the pressure is on, especially with Akimoto waiting (along with the big payout).

She screws this up, they'll get another pro.
Old 2012-04-01, 13:03   Link #184
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Wait they're not done with EVOL scriptwriting?

In any case gambate Okada-san
Old 2012-04-01, 13:26   Link #185
sa547
*Author

Now there's another perfectly good reason to set the airing date on the 29th: to accommodate artist idiosyncrasies.
Old 2012-04-01, 16:41   Link #186
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
However, remember that Madoka Magica, while having cute-looking yet seemingly generic characters and hence a generic-looking magical girl show but never based from any original work (and also probably one of the least anticipated shows on that Winter 2011), it became a sleeper hit on the strength of its storytelling and unexpected dark twist by the third episode.
What? It wasn't anticipated? Are you sure about that? It's was a Mahou Shoujo show by Shaft of all studios, with character designs by Ume Aoki with an overbearingly cute look and the story written by someone known for torturing his works characters (Urobuchi Gen). Are you telling me people weren't expecting what came out of it? I mean: it was an highly effective troll but I've never seen a more obvious "something's up" sign for an anime show before.
Old 2012-04-01, 16:58   Link #187
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Wait they're not done with EVOL scriptwriting?
*shrug* Maybe they are now & they were actually talking about early AKB0048 production days, since I doubt they'd throw in the idea of getting rid of Okada just one month before the anime starts? I can't really tell from those few bullet points which is why I wanted to listen to the talk show myself. :/ Well, this was pretty surprising to read regardless, considering EVOL doesn't actually look like the production is/was severely running behind schedule, based only on the art and animation - on the other hand, the AKB0048 schedule did indeed sound more chaotic judging from what Thomas Romain had to say on Catsuka.

With that said, they've pulled off Symphogear pretty well considering how terrible he made the entire thing sound (I was seriously expecting SHAFT levels of trouble by the end which were somehow avoided...), so I'm sure both Satelight shows running this spring will be fine.
Old 2012-04-02, 00:11   Link #188
sa547
*Author

Anyhow, if I had my way, I'd like to tell Okada to try at least watching the girls' live performances, and if possible do some one-on-one interviews with both senbatsu and kenkyusei about their experiences, to get a very good idea on how best to maximize the potential of the characters onscreen.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:39   Link #189
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
based only on the art and animation - on the other hand, the AKB0048 schedule did indeed sound more chaotic judging from what Thomas Romain had to say on Catsuka.
From what I understand from Thomas Romain's posts chaos seems to be pretty routine and cases like Moretsu pirates where everything is done before the show starts airing are rare.

Quote:
Anyhow, if I had my way, I'd like to tell Okada to try at least watching the girls' live performances, and if possible do some one-on-one interviews with both senbatsu and kenkyusei about their experiences, to get a very good idea on how best to maximize the potential of the characters onscreen.

Maybe Okada absolutely wanted to work on this because she's an AKB48 fan?

Last edited by totoum; 2012-04-02 at 03:22.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 03:21   Link #190
sa547
*Author

Well, we have some bad news and good news.

First, this one's from Yaraon (source), a survey table regarding initial impressions on PVs shown for the current spring releases:

While I'm impressed with Fate/Zero and wanting more, seems that the figures for this show are giving us a doubtful picture, but once again we'll never know what'll happen on airing day.

On the other hand, the pics are probably from ACE2012:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-02 at 04:32.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:50   Link #191
com_gwp

Just want to check, but is this show 1 season, or 2 seasons long?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 04:52   Link #192
sa547
*Author

Based from Romain's tidbits, it'll be roughly 13 episodes for the first installment, with another 13 episodes planned... assuming they don't screw up.

Edit: fixed.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-02 at 22:26. Reason: Brainfart as usual.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:52   Link #193
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547
Based from Romain's tidbits, it'll be roughly 12 episodes for the first installment, with another 12 episodes planned... assuming they don't screw up.
Little rectification,he mentioned 13 episodes for the first season with another 13 planned.

Most likely split 2 cour like TWGOK,Fate/Zero,Horizon,Lagrange,Kimi to Boku,Jormungand have been doing.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:59   Link #194
com_gwp

So, they're going to do split seasons? Seems like it's common for many shows to do that these days.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 14:16   Link #195
mochichan

Sad about the PV impression rating ;__;
man if this anime fail then aki p is going to lose alot of money...even tho the group made like 255 million last year. AKB48 is already a big name so people might be interested but you can't keep people interest long if the anime look bad.

The production is looking pretty chaotic :O
hope this turn out well. Splitting the season up will definitely help the production team out.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 21:52   Link #196
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Mari Okada looks like she's stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 22:36   Link #197
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
So, they're going to do split seasons? Seems like it's common for many shows to do that these days.
It's more of an insurance policy for studios who work on more than 13 episodes, I think, to serve as a kind of a shock absorber should the 1-cour turns out to be a flop, and also to provide a breather and enough time to deal with production issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Mari Okada looks like she's stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Yep, and I'm not very fond of multitasking.
Old 2012-04-03, 13:45   Link #198
mochichan

Her work might not be as good if she's rushing to do both....sigh................................
Old 2012-04-03, 13:58   Link #199
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Yep, and I'm not very fond of multitasking.

She's also got Lupin III that starts airing tomorow.
Nothing new for her though,for exemple last spring Ano Hana,Hanasaku Iroha and Gosisk were all airing at the same time.
Old 2012-04-05, 18:23   Link #200
mochichan

True but the pressure to make AKB0048 good is much higher than her past anime. Not only is AKB is the national idol who's extremely popular, but the government is using their image to help bring back tourism to Japan for example this bus in Singapore

If this anime turn out bad, it might affect their image and AkiP is probably paying the production staffs in gold bricks so there's more need to make this a good or at least not a horrific car crash.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime