AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-03-14, 05:03   Link #461
marvelB

Next chapter's out, and we get the (abridged) tale of Misurn's rise and fall as a dungeon master. Basically, as was mentioned before, the "source" of the dungeon, which is labeled as a "demon" fed off on his desires, leaving him as a shadow of the elf he once was. Now, he only lives to exterminate those creatures who entice those unfortunate to cross their paths. And what's more, Kabru, knowing of Laius' obsession with monsters, is having second thoughts about letting him conquer the dungeon! Coincidentally, Kabru and Misurn are closer to our heroes' party than we initially thought, which means an encounter with the Canaries is on the horizon....!!!!

Huh, it's a little sad to think that winged lion is most likely an enemy after all. Well, should push come to shove, at least Laius' party can hunker down to some lion buffalo wings after all is said and done, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-14, 09:30   Link #462
James Rye

That goat demon was creepy as hell. And his final demon god from was scary as hell, like damn, very well done!!! Poor Misurn killed all his friends basically with his desires as the dungeon ate them day by day. Really cool explanation as to why demons are part of this world, just a side effect of the Ancients looking for eternal power source for their civilization. And demons being able to grant wishes while eating desires makes them extremely powerful beings. So dungeons aren't the fortress but the prison of the demon who's unable to find the way out.

Lol how Kabru was Misurn's nurse even having to run him to the toilet because he feels no need to take a piss or shit. Guy sounds like a real handful. XDDD
But man, Misurn was even prettier in his life before being a Dungeon Lord, shame he's not a woman, what a waste of beauty~
Old 2020-04-15, 06:57   Link #463
marvelB

New chapter's out! Laius' party finally reaches the mad sorcerer's house, but they've yet to find the winged lion. However, they do come across some comatose house guests, and..... a phoenix!? Upon dealing with the creature, Senshi comes up with a way to cook it that seems to involve.... some form of social distancing, I guess?

Meanwhile, Marcille comes across a strange book that may be the key to locating the lion..... but could the tome be a trap!?
Old 2020-04-17, 15:27   Link #464
James Rye

I love how Senshi used the bird's own fire feature to cook it by stepping back. XD

Laius not going monster crazy over such a rare Monster shows how serious this situation is. I think he noticed with the plate crumbling that all those humans would turn to dust the moment he beats the mad wizard. Also holy creepy molly, the eye opened its eye when Laius touched it! Hide your dreams and wishes, kids! A demon is on the loose!
Old 2020-05-16, 08:30   Link #465
marvelB

Next chapter's here! So, let's start with the good news: Laius' party finally found the winged lion! But the bad news is that the beast is still partially sealed, and (if his words are to be trusted,) the dungeon master is making a beeline for our heroes! In the meantime, Laius decides to prepare a meal for his "dragonized" sister.... some tasty rabbit! Unfortunately, our intrepid party leader learns the hard way that these critters are not to be trifled with.....!!!!

Uh, so I guess the author is a fan of Monty Python, then?
Old 2020-05-16, 09:39   Link #466
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

man.. that neck-biting rabbit...

so operation "Capturing Farlyn" finally started
looks like they have reached the bottom of the dungeon after all
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 10:04   Link #467
James Rye

Did that rabbit crush his windpipe? The bubbles on his blood would suggest blood in the lungs which is always a bad way to go. Right now it looks like Laius is drowning in his own blood. Gotta say my inner shipper loves it when Laius gets protective of Marcille though ofc he brings for valid reasons why she needs the most protection as she is their only revive spell caster in the party, lol.
The beheaded lion part was also great, just looking at them like he is some menu on the table. XD
Also Laius knows so much, like not monsters only but also animals, his memory is crazy.
Old 2020-05-16, 15:37   Link #468
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
man.. that neck-biting rabbit...
Just kicking so far.

This is a neck biting rabbit:
Spoiler for Isekai ojisan:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 17:20   Link #469
James Rye

This murder rabbit was hinted very early on, way back in ch.1, lol:

Spoiler for The pics with the murder rabbits:
Old 2020-05-20, 11:57   Link #470
marvelB

So, did anyone check out the Daydream Hour special? It features a bunch of neat doodles the author made for the series, as well as her comments on them. My favorite set of drawings by far is the one of Marcille dancing, but it's chock full of neat stuff! It also makes me hope that, if the story really is close to ending, the author will make a sequel or spinoff series set in the same universe. She clearly already has a lot of lore prepared should the time come, after all.

Oh, and poor Farlyn, getting bullied by her dogs. As for Laius, he must really resent his old man to want to distance himself from the guy to such an extent.....
Old 2020-06-17, 01:11   Link #471
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Damnit. The Lion is making some headway (pun not intended) into getting Marcille to make some horrible mistake.
Old 2020-06-17, 07:48   Link #472
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Marcille is so sweet and awesome in this chapter

but her wish is very dangerous although I don't mind if it happened for real
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-17, 08:05   Link #473
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Marcille is so sweet and awesome in this chapter

but her wish is very dangerous although I don't mind if it happened for real
So everyone in the world can get the human lifespan? Elves and Dwarves aren't going to be happy.
Old 2020-06-17, 12:11   Link #474
James Rye

Not to mention that having the same lifespan does not mean having the same fertility, meaning halflings and humans would bred like rabbits while living as long as elves and dwarves, sooner or later that would turn into a problem.

I like how you could see the emotional fear of Marcille of being left alone as all her friends would die long before her. Let's not forget she never answered Laius question for how old she actually is. She already could have seen some human/gnome friends die due old age while she remains young looking herself.
The smug hunger of the Lion was awesome, Laius kingdom of monsters and people is one thing, Marcille wants to change the world! What a desire! His eyes totally turned into a demonic one there. The Canaries fear that Laius might be the one giving the demon new food but in truth Marcille is the most dangerous one. We should also consider the covers so far, like Marcille in Wonderland with the Lion as the smiling cat in the tree or this chapter cover which has Marcille dancing while her arms and legs are bound by a puppeteer. This could end very badly...
Old 2020-06-17, 14:39   Link #475
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That talk makes me want to plug Sousou no Frieren. Story of an elf coming to terms with the short lifespan of her party members.
Old 2020-06-17, 14:49   Link #476
Tenzen12

Absolutely agree.That one is great, it might be bit off-topic but that's cost I am willing to pay
Old 2020-06-18, 02:53   Link #477
marvelB

Yeah, looks like we're finally getting a hint of the lion's true nature. If Marcille isn't careful, she could end up sharing a similar tragic fate as Misurn. Hopefully, Laius and co. will prevent her from being seduced by the lion's honeyed words....

Anyway, kinda funny to think that after all the bigger, more intimidating monsters they faced (and ate). it merely took a few little rabbits to wipe out nearly all of Laius' party, heh. Marcille being forced to puppeteer her friend's corpses was also hilariously morbid, to say the least. Still, Laius' misunderstanding shortly after his revival does bring an interesting idea to mind: What if they could tame those rabbits somehow? Because if you ask me, having an army of killer bunnies on your side would be pretty badass.
Old 2020-06-19, 20:47   Link #478
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, kinda funny to think that after all the bigger, more intimidating monsters they faced (and ate). it merely took a few little rabbits to wipe out nearly all of Laius' party, heh.
Do not underestimate the rabbit it's the most vicious and foul beast known to man
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-07-16, 10:39   Link #479
marvelB

Next chapter is here! Looks like we're headed towards the climax, too.... While Laius' party makes a meal for Farlyn, Kabru and Misurn's group are ever closer to reaching them! Meanwhile, some more unrest takes place at the dungeon entrance (so Sureau will reunite with Laius' party, after all?), and in the midst of all this, the dungeon master finally makes his next move. Interestingly, we also catch a glimpse of what caused him to get seduced by the winged lion in the first place....

Oh, and it looks like Farlyn isn't completely lost to us, despite her transformation! That meanie Thistle, taking her berries like that!
Old 2020-07-16, 15:58   Link #480
James Rye

Poor Farlyn must be sooooooooo hungry right now. ;_;
I hope she enjoys the large bunny curry the others made for her. <3

Tags
comedy, cooking, dungeons, fantasy