AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-04-24, 10:59   Link #9401
GDB

Yeah, I think that's the main reason why people are shying away from mocking the Jets taking him or trying to trade for him. With Bowles there, he'll want defense. If they don't like Geno anymore, they'll either swing in the 2nd round or take a flier in the 4th+ rounds.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 22:47   Link #9402
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I personally think the Jets will take Trae Waynes. He's the type of player Todd Bowles would really want. I guess they'd take Marriota if he's available, but I get the feeling a lot of teams will be in the hunt for Marriota. Gameplay footage and combine stuff I saw of Waynes - the guy is electric. There's a lot of teams badly needing a corner like him. If Trae Waynes doesn't go top 10, Minnesota will take him in a heartbeat at 11.
I see. Well, Jets GM Maccagnan is apparently open to trading up in the draft. But it will come down what teams want for the trade up.
Really? I would assume that the Vikings would take wide receiver Devante Parker.
Old 2015-04-25, 00:47   Link #9403
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I know a lot of the analysts are going DE-happy in the top 10 lately, but Trae Waynes has always stuck out as one of the must-gets of the draft for me. I honestly get the feeling some GMs are intentionally trying to throw competitors off the scent for him. The only CB I see being taken early is Marcus Peters, but some people were concerned about prior off-field issues.

Jets and Vikings are both in divisions where they are versing top-tier QBs and a good deal of high-scoring offenses. So I would imagine both of them would take Trae Waynes if he is available.
Old 2015-04-30, 17:56   Link #9404
sky black swordman

Well it's draft day.
Old 2015-04-30, 18:39   Link #9405
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And right now, I get a call saying I have to go somewhere right when the draft starts...*headdesk*
Old 2015-04-30, 19:08   Link #9406
GDB

Hate when these teams with the first overall take forever to send their picks in. It's like, come on man, you aren't trading it and you've had months to decide on a player. Just hand in the card already.
Old 2015-04-30, 19:55   Link #9407
sky black swordman

I hope the Raiders know what they are doing. I understand they have an NEED at WR but to pass up on the best player in the draft in Leonard Williams.
Old 2015-05-01, 01:47   Link #9408
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I personally think the Jets will take Trae Waynes. He's the type of player Todd Bowles would really want. I guess they'd take Marriota if he's available, but I get the feeling a lot of teams will be in the hunt for Marriota. Gameplay footage and combine stuff I saw of Waynes - the guy is electric. There's a lot of teams badly needing a corner like him. If Trae Waynes doesn't go top 10, Minnesota will take him in a heartbeat at 11.
Told you guys it would happen.

Thoughts on the draft:

1. Tampa = Winston - yeah, well, we knew this was coming. He suits the big down-field WRs they have. But I can't stand the guy as a human being. Time to see how this saga plays out. He'll probably laugh at the state of defense in his divison - bound to have a somewhat easier time of it than Mariota.

2. Tennessee = Mariota - makes sense. When will they be this high up again and get a proper shot at a QB? For all the 'Oregon spread won't translate to NFL' spin people put on him, from what I've seen, I believe he can do it. Mayock and Jeremiah both put him above Winston in the end on their rankings but knew the 1-2 would go this way. Mariota, good luck, mate. You're in a division with J.J. Watt and that Texans D, a steadily improving Jags D and the Andrew Luck show in Indy. I hope the Titans get some pieces for you on offense to work with - FAST. I hope you prove all your doubters wrong.

3. Jacksonville = Fowler. As everyone thought it would be. Jags needed pash rushers and they got one. And they need him bad in that division.

4. Oakland = Cooper. Like it. Gives their offense and QB a good chance. There's PLENTY of needs in Oakland, but when the supposedly best WR this draft is there and your QB needs weapons, gotta take Cooper.

5. Washington = Scherff. Well....this was the pick that threw a spanner in the works of the whole draft. Willians, White and so much else in the draft was there and this is what you take? Okay, I get you now have the O-line coach that lead to Dallas taking three first-round picks for O-lineman and made them what they are. But still...if Scherff doesn't pan out, this is going to set Washington back almost as much as the RG3 trade.

6. Jets = Williams. Wow....Todd Bowles must be freaking ecstatic. How the heck was Leonard Williams still available at this point? Defensive guru gets one heck of a player. Gang Green just got tougher.

7. Chicago = White. Considering the Jets didn't take him and they took Marshall from the Bears, makes sense the Bears replace him. Guess they focus on defense in the coming rounds.

8. Atlanta = Beasley. Another defensive coach turned head coach gets a major defensive weapon. Time for Atlanta to stop leaking points and give Matt Ryan a proper chance.

9. Giants = Flowers. Well, they were expected to take an O-line person. Guess this was the natural choice after Scherff was gone.

10. Rams = Gurley. So the Rams were the ones that took the plunge. It is a defensively tough division, but Gurley is quite a talent. Perhaps the Rams are on the up.

11. Minnesota = Waynes. I called it, pick makes sense. QB-oriented division, you need to build up the pass defense. Rhodes needed help back there. Waynes can do that. Off-coverage, needs some work but his press coverage and speed are damn good.

Beyond that - Cleveland clearly want to toughen up both lines, San Diego got Rivers help by getting Gordon, Miami get Tannehill a potent weapon in Parker, Dallas go for a big need by taking Jones, a lot of people are claiming Arizona got a real steal in taking Humphries at 24.

Most of this first round makes a lot of sense. Jets and Vikings got some real steals in my eyes. The Redskins are the ones that leave me bewildered - taking Scherff given all their needs is the biggest gamble of the first round IMO.
Old 2015-05-01, 12:07   Link #9409
VTHokiePride

RT has been a need for the Redskins for awhile. While we could've probably traded down and still gotten Scherff, no other teams probably wanted to trade up. Williams would've been a steal at 5. We already grabbed Trent Murphy in the second round last year, so I'd wait a year to see what would happen.
Old 2015-05-01, 19:15   Link #9410
GDB

Not sure how I feel about the Ravens taking Perriman. On the one hand, the way he got hyped up was 100% workout warrior and I hate that. Always makes me cautious and think those types of players shouldn't go in the first round. Plus it sounds like he has more drops than one would like, and the Ravens already have enough history of that crap.

HOWEVER, all indications are the Ravens truly did their homework on him. They had him ranked in the teens on their board, started investigating him before the combine, and the drops are concentration drops rather than cement hands. That can be coached out, unlike cement hands. So... cautiously optimistic?

*edit*

Okay, love the round 2 pick. Not only is Maxx Williams the top TE in the draft, but we jumped ahead of the Steelers to get him! It was said over twitter they were going to take him if we hadn't jumped up, so that's just icing. And as a personal plus, I know a Max Williams (one X), so I'm having fun congratulating "him" on being drafted.

Last edited by GDB; 2015-05-01 at 20:24.
Old 2015-05-06, 18:47   Link #9411
GDB

Brady is so toast.
Old 2015-05-06, 19:02   Link #9412
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Brady is so toast.
Same as it ever was....same as it ever was....never won one legit.
Old 2015-05-06, 23:33   Link #9413
sky black swordman

^ Indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Brady is so toast.
No kidding. Although, Brady's father believes his son was framed.
Old 2015-05-07, 06:12   Link #9414
GDB

I would hope he does, being his father and all. Doesn't make him have done it any less, though.
Old 2015-05-07, 10:10   Link #9415
VTHokiePride

Where's the evidence that Brady's responsible? The statement said that he's generally aware of all activities, but where's the proof?
Old 2015-05-07, 19:00   Link #9416
GDB

Read the actual report, not the headlines. There's like four pages of texts that all but explicitly say that Brady was paying them in signed memorabilia to deflate the balls. And that's all without Brady's phone, which he refused to allow into the investigation (even when the investigators said his representation could filter out the stuff not related to the investigation).
Old 2015-05-08, 14:38   Link #9417
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Dante Fowler Jr. was carted off mini-camp in Jacksonville with an alleged knee injury. Still no indications to the severity. That really bites for him and the Jags....
Old 2015-05-08, 17:02   Link #9418
sky black swordman

Quote:
Dante Fowler Jr. was carted off mini-camp in Jacksonville with an alleged knee injury. Still no indications to the severity. That really bites for him and the Jags....
Wow. And it happen on the first day of the Jaguars rookie mini-camp. On the severity of the injury according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Fowler tore his ACL and is out for the season.
Old 2015-05-08, 23:20   Link #9419
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Wow. And it happen on the first day of the Jaguars rookie mini-camp. On the severity of the injury according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Fowler tore his ACL and is out for the season.
Tragic. Clowney last year in Houston, now Fowler in Jacksonville this year. When you see a rookie picked that high get felled that quickly, it's a real gut-shot.

Looking at footage of when the injury happened, it looked a bit weird compared to the ones I've seen that inflict the injury. I didn't see a slide that bent it a way it shouldn't have, or an opposing player put too much force on it directly.

Hope he is able to come back next year and make a positive impact for the Jags.
Old 2015-05-09, 02:14   Link #9420
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

because jaguars

Tags
american football, sports