AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2022-11-01, 11:37   Link #2881
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Anyone with enough game design knowledge should have known that an ability that grants assassin buff for a whole turn wasn't a good idea, especially if it works with every single kind of echo damage sources, attack from abilities and whatnot.
I honestly think nerfing Qirin made the game worse because it was pretty much a floodgate for that kind of degenerate setup.
Old 2022-11-01, 16:58   Link #2882
Kurohane

A new story for Unite & Fight!?

Also this new Arcarum event still seems vague. If it relies on Replicard Sandbox, I don't see why it needs to be a limited event. It's like there's more that just isn't in the Koregra.
Old 2022-11-03, 07:15   Link #2883
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Anyone with enough game design knowledge should have known that an ability that grants assassin buff for a whole turn wasn't a good idea, especially if it works with every single kind of echo damage sources, attack from abilities and whatnot.
I honestly think nerfing Qirin made the game worse because it was pretty much a floodgate for that kind of degenerate setup.
This is why its imperative you get high-level players testing your games to figure out things like this and for feedback; and this wasn't even a difficult find. People were doing this after a single hour after the banner released.

There are a number of ways to circumvent this from being abused; but will they do anything about it outside of "crafting raids around a single busted ability", like they did Zoi and Qilin for all those years?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-03, 11:13   Link #2884
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
This is why its imperative you get high-level players testing your games to figure out things like this and for feedback; and this wasn't even a difficult find. People were doing this after a single hour after the banner released.
This is definitely intended as it basically complete version of Gwynne setup.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Similar enough, right? No way Cygames didn't know about this. Basically nerfed Qilin to sell Qilin++, used Water as beta stage.
I doubt they will kicked either H. Florence or H. Mugen to Grand pool like S. Zooey; felt like I get the gist on how to make Fire Naru savior of Fire. LOL.

Old 2022-11-03, 14:16   Link #2885
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

And I am the only one who think this is no big deal?
It let outdated raid boss die faster, which is fine by me.

And they already have the counter against burst like this in the form of the boss not dying until certain hp trigger.

So this is just an attempt of selling up speed up tools for old content to the top players.

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-11-04 at 14:20.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-04, 08:02   Link #2886
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
This is definitely intended as it basically complete version of Gwynne setup.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Similar enough, right? No way Cygames didn't know about this. Basically nerfed Qilin to sell Qilin++, used Water as beta stage.
I doubt they will kicked either H. Florence or H. Mugen to Grand pool like S. Zooey; felt like I get the gist on how to make Fire Naru savior of Fire. LOL.

That is a fair assessment and a logical conclusion to make. Dunno what Qilin++ is though. Makes sense, however Gwen not dealing 4m damage with more echoes, then do it again next turn. Gwen limited to 3 times for the whole battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And I am the only one who think this is one big deal?
It let outdated raid boss die faster, which is fine by me.

And they already have the counter against burst like this in the form of the boss not dying until certain hp trigger.

So this is just an attempt of selling up speed up tools for old content to the top players.
Personally I don't mind either; means they'll take their new toys to my daily PBHL, Akasha or what-have-you, and they will burst it down in seconds instead of a minute. And I care not for GW rankings and such to a degree, but it will create a grand divide between the haves and the have-nots for sure.

There are ways to deter it. Multiple enemy Unchallenged buffs would have to be placed in every new raid, but that would be annoying. They could give an enemy the buff that caps damage after x hits. They could certainly deal with it for future content, sure, but the whole point of the Qilin restriction from earlier in the year was to stop having to worry about building a raid around a singular broken concept, and this opens that floodgate yet again. I recall there being a video of someone bursting Subaha down from 20% HP. Unchallenged didn't do any good there since it wasnt' for the whole battle. I mean, sure, if these handful of individuals happen to stroll into a Subaha I'm in and burst from 20%, that's good for the raid, but from a balance standpoint, its totally tilted completely on one side.

Old 2022-11-04, 14:44   Link #2887
Shadow5YA

Qilin was several times worse than Florence because you could carry 4-5 copies and reset the entire party's skill cooldowns that many times.

At worst Florence can only reset one character's skills after proper crest buildup and grant Assassin to only one character. There are also other characters with 1 turn Assassin.

The most that would need tweaking is maybe placing a limit on Relic Buster's Blitz Raid. Otherwise most of Florence's tools are already found on other characters.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-04, 23:40   Link #2888
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Qilin was several times worse than Florence because you could carry 4-5 copies and reset the entire party's skill cooldowns that many times.

At worst Florence can only reset one character's skills after proper crest buildup and grant Assassin to only one character. There are also other characters with 1 turn Assassin.

The most that would need tweaking is maybe placing a limit on Relic Buster's Blitz Raid. Otherwise most of Florence's tools are already found on other characters.
I disagree with Qilin being worse. And there 'feels' like there's a discrepancy in your comparison. With Qilin, you say it's broken because it can reset all skill cooldowns. But this means that Qilin by itself is not broken. You do not have an instant win button just because you called Qilin. You had to have the right chars and weapon setups to make this happen. It's the same with Florence. Having her by herself is not going to be an instant win, but having the right grid and chars makes it super abuseable. With the amount of damage they can dish out, it will unbalance every null and light-advantage raid. Today, there was a video released where 6 light players beat SuBaha in less than 3 mins. That is a crazy amount of power, considering its DEF with 10 earth tenets.

Of course, I never said anything about Florence specifically; I only said that the balance of the game will be affected and, like Qilin, they will have to build around it(unless they nerf something ofc).

Old 2022-11-14, 17:44   Link #2889
Kurohane

OMG the fixed the overdrive bar image in the English version! The yellow bar actually goes all the way to the end instead of stopping like an inch before it. It's been how many years!? And either someone finally reported it or the developers noticed it themselves!
Old 2022-11-15, 12:18   Link #2890
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It is kinda funny to see people praising Bub san all over the place on twitter after the main story updates.
Old 2022-11-17, 17:30   Link #2891
Kurohane

ADAM!!! .....And Therese. Jk, I love Therese too, but still....ADAM!
Old 2022-11-17, 18:24   Link #2892
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Adam looks like a good FA bot.
But I am genuinely surprised that Cygame still remember Adam.
Old 2023-02-27, 12:42   Link #2893
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Didn't expect the anniversary event being re:zero.
Old 2023-02-28, 05:11   Link #2894
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

NGL I love how the event low-key made you appreciate Seofon.

Old 2023-04-15, 00:56   Link #2895
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

What is wrong with drop rate today?
I got a Hihiirogane and a Sand Glass in the same day, on top of two Siete sword drop.
The luck is so good it is almost scary.
Old 2023-04-29, 03:21   Link #2896
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

...the GBF internal raid search is garbage as expected.
Bring twitter back please.
There were like only two twitter raid finder still alive? But they are still eons better than the garbage we have now.
Old 2023-06-21, 21:12   Link #2897
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
...the GBF internal raid search is garbage as expected.
Bring twitter back please.
There were like only two twitter raid finder still alive? But they are still eons better than the garbage we have now.
That's not Cygames' fault. Twitter changed their APIs and started charging for access, which is what broke most of the twitter raidfinders in the first place.

Even if a few raidfinders survive, Twitter is clearly not a safe and trustworthy option anymore.
Old 2023-07-09, 13:41   Link #2898
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The intern raid finder. is fine now.
Old 2023-10-23, 11:46   Link #2899
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Sees the Dragonic Weapon upgrade requires the sand.
...Okay, this update never happened.
Old 2023-10-27, 13:05   Link #2900
Shadow5YA

One sand is nothing compared to the three that New World Foundation weapons need. If you're at the point where you can be doing this fight then you should be farming Revans and SUBHL already anyway.